PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 worst rappers *According to yahoo*

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 03:00 PM
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/2977

interesting.. i wouldnt consider Nelly a rapper his music doesnt really rap or chingy.. What no soulja boy on that list? lol

Id remove will smith off that list, hes made a lasting impression and just about a household name.. hes probably now more known for his acting as he is a awesome entertainer

Id throw up every rapper who calls themself "lil" on there except lil wayne

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 03:06 PM
id throw Nore or n.o.r.e whatever hes called on there, he only had 1 cool song i liked "oh no" back in the day, but it was the beat that made that song tight *neptunes beat i think*

exitspeed
05-07-2008, 03:07 PM
The fact that Will Smith, and 2 Live Crew are on the list completely null and voids the whole thing. I don't agree with Hammer or Vanilla Ice either. At the time...

They obviously no shit about rap or hip-hop.

stiizy
05-07-2008, 03:12 PM
i would put half of the rappers out now on there like plies,nore (for sure) sorry guys hate on but i think lil wayne has no talent a few metaphors here and there but he's wack i dont care if he is everywhere most down south rappers except young jeezy and T.I.,, diddy sucks ass ,, ludacris has fallen off from what he used to be,, everyone down with dipset juelz sucks!!!

DUFFM4N
05-07-2008, 03:14 PM
snoop should be on there....that fool is DEAD to me....old snoop i can live with...but the shit he's put out recently...he needs to stick to coaching football, if he's even any good at that :jerkit:

cxlo8331
05-07-2008, 03:15 PM
almost everything nowadays is garbage.

k's_silvia2.0
05-07-2008, 03:17 PM
HAHA K-Fed wins #1 by a landslide!!!!

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 03:17 PM
FUnny im reading peoples comments, alot of people just rate because they might see one of their favorites on the list.. Yah the list is kinda stupid, its mostly just opinion..

Will's rap career is pretty successful as well as some of the guys listed..

Id tend to judge my opinions on lyrical flow and the essence of rap which was "still singing". It shouldnt be biased towards being a fan etc

cxlo8331
05-07-2008, 03:18 PM
snoop should be on there....that fool is DEAD to me....old snoop i can live with...but the shit he's put out recently...he needs to stick to coaching football, if he's even any good at that :jerkit:

+1 everything after deathrow was meh

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Lets have a Zilvia best and worst rappers topic!!

stiizy
05-07-2008, 03:20 PM
out of all those rappers on there i would say mike jones and tony yayo are okay for some catchy ass songs but they are still basura!!!

Okay good rappers dead and alive: jay-z( he's never written one song) Method man , common , T.I., kanye , Biggie!! ,,Big pun ( the rest of terror squad is ass except Armageddon) Jeezy , Talib , Mos def , 50 is cool but he get repetitive we know you have money dude.. i know there's a few more but cant think of it now oh busta he is sick too

exitspeed
05-07-2008, 03:21 PM
i think lil wayne has no talent a few metaphors here and there but he's wack

You're nuts.

"All my kicks fly like Lu Kang"

That's the metaphor of the year for me.

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
id like to say Ice cube, he had some good hits, but as far as lyrical flow, there didnt seem to be any..

Last dope snoop song i occasionally bump is Midnight Love

As far as rap groups, id throw the outlawz, they really dont have anything spectactular besides 2Pac bein the one who got em up.

stiizy
05-07-2008, 03:27 PM
^^ like i said a few metaphors here and there..but on that mario crying out for me remix what the hell was that?? she said this i said what she said no..like what is this the telephone rap game

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 03:28 PM
i couldnt buy a lil wayne album but im startin to like his sound...

stiizy
05-07-2008, 03:30 PM
lil wayne is the t-pain of rap both suck have no talent and big for no damn reason..i mean if you like it thats cool i just like more lyrical artists...

stiizy
05-07-2008, 03:32 PM
You're nuts.

how bout:

"Since they all fall in my palm i'll take a treo"<--- Kanye

Or

"He keep a fresh bald head like he came out of kemo"<--- Jeezy

exitspeed
05-07-2008, 03:35 PM
See, dude, he keeps that shit coming like Jenna Jameson.

(how you like that one I just made up)

allntrlundrgrnd
05-07-2008, 03:41 PM
that list is terrible, period. When soulja boy isnt on there, and will smith and 2 live crew are?fuck that. I also think 90% of the rappers on MTV nowadays are absolutely awful. just mo

IIIXziuR
05-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Master P and the entire No Limit Records for that matter.

stiizy
05-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Redman is hot in a crazy random way..

you ship ki's, we ship grand pianos.. he's dope in a very strange way

oh and the Clipse them dudes can rap!!

allntrlundrgrnd
05-07-2008, 03:50 PM
redman-Ill be dat

i get down to that song

theronin
05-07-2008, 03:54 PM
pshhh, where's Snow on that list?

stiizy
05-07-2008, 03:58 PM
^^ from what i heard snow is that matisyahu guy don't know if its true but someone told me that..

stiizy
05-07-2008, 03:59 PM
See, dude, he keeps that shit cuming like Jenna Jameson.

(how you like that one I just made up)

fixed that for you!!! hahaha:squintd::squintd::squintd:

GSXRJJordan
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Horrible list. Some good choices, for sure, but horrible reasoning. Chingy's albums are lame, but he murders kids in every freestyle I've heard. Bubba Sparxxx has a couple of the hottest Timbo beats around, and decent raps - plus he's the best southern whitey out there (yeah, Paul Wall sucks).

Anyway, yeah, I didn't agree with very much of the list.

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 04:04 PM
fixed that for you!!! hahaha:squintd::squintd::squintd:

fawk that.. I gets girls cummins like a diesel truck =p

RurouniMidnight
05-07-2008, 04:05 PM
NO LIMIT 4 LIFE no way Master P should be on there.

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 04:08 PM
hey do record companies pay radio stations to play their shit? im pretty sure media influence is what sells crap music

azndoc
05-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Hmmmmm I wonder where Logan is.

This is like his thread.

Matej
05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
There's no Mims on there.

IIIXziuR
05-07-2008, 04:15 PM
This is why im hot!!!

qwikspool
05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
nowadays this rappers is doing that nursery rhyme. its not like back in days like late 80's and early 90's. yeah its all about fun and what you got. but now, they be going to the extreme.
anywho, that list is about right.

SimpleSexy180
05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
doesnt logan just listen to west coast anyway?

well, i must say only person i wouldnt agree to be on a "shit rapper list" is will smith.

you guys need to understand is that commercial rap is no longer has its roots of "hip hop". Although thank god for a handful of some (lupe,mos,common,kanyeeeezee) to keep some of those roots alive.

it ended up as most of the shit in america. ABOUT MONEY. everybody knows that. I still know where to get good music so im not trippin.

dear god, i wish plies was number one on that list. can a mutha fucka TALK/SPOKE/SPEAKZ correctly!?!?

drift-it
05-07-2008, 04:26 PM
that list sucks a lot, not even close on most of those. I mean where's KFAIL on that list. "This one right here, is a brazillian booty shaker".

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 04:34 PM
nowadays this rappers is doing that nursery rhyme. its not like back in days like late 80's and early 90's. yeah its all about fun and what you got. but now, they be going to the extreme.
anywho, that list is about right.

hey man dont diss the nursery rhymes, the kindergarden youth will get mad, who else is gonna teach our children about wearin long tshirts, sports caps that we dont even like and grammer that is more incorrect then internet lingo?

S14Josh
05-07-2008, 04:37 PM
hey do record companies pay radio stations to play their shit? im pretty sure media influence is what sells crap music

Yep, its actually illegal for them to do it, but they still do anyways. Its funny because most of the radio DJ's HATE the music they play. But they have no choice because its all they are allowed to play.

that list sucks a lot, not even close on most of those. I mean where's KFAIL on that list. "This one right here, is a brazillian booty shaker".

Didn't you look through the list? He's almost near the top 5! hahaha (number nine to be exact)

I think Soulja boy could take the top 25 spots for worst rapper. By himself.

HyperTek
05-07-2008, 04:50 PM
i was watchin suckafree or whatever, they where doin MTV Raps anniversary stuff, and they had asked a few artist to do freestyles on the spot during their interview.. One was Fabulous, alot of em where playing off "ahh thats gonna cost you" or "i cant give that out for free" bs.. lol... shit in reality they shoulda just said "i cant freestyle worth shit" or "it needs to be written by someone for me to rap it"

I bearly listen to radio by the way,. only when im in the garage working on something.. otherwise i play alot of unreleased OG 2pac or some underground stuff mp3s

WanganRunner
05-07-2008, 06:00 PM
A top-25 BEST rapper list would've been much more meaningful. And KRS-One had better have been at or near the top of it.

SimpleSexy180
05-07-2008, 06:34 PM
yeah but thats too easy.

everybody KNOWS the BEST.

Future240
05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
I wanna know who made the list. My question to yahoo would be if these rappers are so bad why are like 4 of them platinum selling artists

zeitgeist
05-07-2008, 07:49 PM
becasue general society is THAT retarded

drftwerks
05-07-2008, 07:59 PM
hahah speakin of freestyles

ahahha

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iXPGp8yBDBI

check it

someone embed since i dont know how.

an_orange_s2k
05-07-2008, 09:04 PM
wheres young jeezy????? this list is retarded

SlideWell
05-07-2008, 09:09 PM
i was just relieved to see P Diddy on there...high ranked too :)

Phlip
05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
This list is retarded and is teeming with baseless hate.
I mean, seriously... Based on the merits of the lyrics on his first album, Bubba Sparxxx has no place on this list.
Based upon the merits of what he presented himself to be, and what he was sustained to be, Will Smith has no place on this list.
Based on the money he has paid people to write his rhymes down through the years, Diddy has no place on this list.
Based upon the presence of titties and ass (and the excusability that South Florida booty music affords), 2 Live Crew has no place on this list.
Hammer, based upon the fact that he changed what was Avant Garde at the time, does not deserve to be that high up the list. Vanilla Ice, compared to what else is there and what COULD be there also does not deserve to be that hight up the list... The industry should never forgive either of them, though.
Lets have a Zilvia best and worst rappers topic!!
We did something similar here:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=129532

ZX88
05-07-2008, 09:30 PM
The fact that Will Smith, and 2 Live Crew are on the list completely null and voids the whole thing. I don't agree with Hammer or Vanilla Ice either. At the time...

They obviously no shit about rap or hip-hop.

yeah 2 live crew is the shit... wtf mc hammer is a classic!

illvialuver
05-07-2008, 09:39 PM
how can they have 2live crew onthere? I wonder how many people made babbies to there music in te early 90s?

Aeroscraper326
05-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Notorious B.I.G.
Immortal technique
Atmosphere

All good stuff.

JRas
05-07-2008, 09:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngX6ou03O6E&feature=related

kouki_s14
05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Notorious B.I.G.
Immortal technique
Atmosphere

All good stuff.

Immortal Technique - Dance with the Devil is a crazy song

I like Woodie a lot, for all you norcal people. RIP

I've always loved Bone Thugs
Lets not forget Tupac, there's no contest there(for me at least)

Ghostdrifter
05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
You're nuts.

YES!!! this man knows what's up! Wayne's part is the only part of that song worth listening to.(not really but the best part)
lilweezyana, Drought 3,"you" w/lloyd, pop bottles, you ain't know, upgrade, lollipop(gettin played WAY too much)

"I'm a champion, where's the fuckin rocky theme...damn rest in peace apollo creed. I'm a monster, everyday is holloween"

"big stacks, my pocket's on createan"

"I'm so muthafuckin high I could eat a star"

All these other rappers shit keeps getting weaker and weaker and just keeps popping out the hits and remixes. Only other rappers that could probably hang with wanye right now is Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco.

AND DYLON!!!!! HAHAHA

BC240
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Will Smith?
In 8th Place??
Behind K-FED???

G T F O

BlckBeautyVTEC
05-08-2008, 12:24 AM
My list of horrible rappers in no particular order as i look through my i tunes
Gucci Man
Diddy
Kanye (personally thinks he sucks even though probably 90% of are on his nuts)
Trillville
lil jon
lil al
lloyd banks
mr cheeks
murphy lee
nelly
young buck
big tymers

thats about all the bad shit i have on my i tunes that i haven't already deleted, only hip hop "rap" whatever i really will only listen to is underground stuff

NiSmo240luvR
05-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Redman is hot in a crazy random way..

you ship key's, we ship grand pianos.. he's dope in a very strange way

fixed.

and yes, old redman is amazing. Tonights da night is one of my all time favorite songs.

i miss old (good) rap. 95% of stuff out today is just horrendous, including lil wayne. his whole little "best rapper ever" bit is just annoying and stupid.

also, that top 25 worst list is pretty bad. will smith? he had some very big songs back in the day. i still remember summertime being awesome as hell.

and to whoever said the only good nore song was "oh no" (i never really liked this song), i disagree. NORE isnt a great rapper by any means, but his first album and the first CNN album were both pretty good.

womenbeshoppin
05-08-2008, 12:35 AM
canibus was skilled, sickest metaphors ever. Just couldn't appeal to the general audience to really "blow up".

Ghostdrifter
05-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Old skool bone thugs n harmony. That's the shit

Kn1ves
05-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Wow seriously? You guys think Kanye West is a great rapper?

He rhymes with the same word over and over

"Then I spent 400 bucks on this
Just to be like nigga you ain't up on this!"

"Somebody tell these (Niggas) who Kanye West is
I walk through the valley of the Chi where death is"

"How do you console my mom or give her light support
When you telling her your sons' on life support"

"If you could feel how my face felt
you would know how Mase felt"

"You don't see just how wild the crowd is?
You don't see just how fly my style is?"

That I would even show up to this fake shit
So go ahead go nuts go ape shit
Especially in my pastel on my bape shit
Act like you can't tell who made this
New gospel homey, take six, and take this, haters

I don't know if you got a man or not,
If you made plans or not
God put me in ya plans or not
I'm trippin' this drink got me sayin' a lot
But I know that God put you in front of me
So how the hell could you front on me?
There's a thousand you's, there's only one of me

"Heaven'll watch, God calling from the hot lines
Why he keep giving me hot lines"

bought more jewelry, more louis v, my momma couldn't get through to me.
The drama, people suing me,
I'm on T.V. talking like it's just you and me.

Old folks talking bout back in my day
But homey this is my day.

Ya homies looking like "Why God?"
When they reminisce over you, my god.

Sometimes he doesn't even needs to rhyme at all
"That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?"

"Man I've been waitin' all night now
That's how long I've been on you"

This one takes the cake, from the song Gone
He rhymes Churro with Mirror
Observe.

Fired a week later the manager count the churros
Sometimes I can't believe it when I look up in the mirrow

And for all the tards whos gonna defend him
I'll teach everyone how to rhyme just like him
First, what you do is try not to correct him
And all the bullshit? You should just try to deflect them
Keep repeating all the same shit
then say Kanye, like its your name, shit
then take a way the letter s, then you get hit
then talk some more, there you did it.

you should be on your way to be like Kanye West
then try reppin' your city and think its the best
Doesnt matter if your from the east or west
everyone will say that you're the best, i guess

HyperTek
05-08-2008, 01:39 AM
i always felt his voice doesnt sound good to me.. i listend to his albums and his voice doesnt fit his beats imo. Hes a good producer though and he does make some bombass beats. His first album had this one song i really liked, i forgot the name.. I like the song he did with Slum Village Im falling or whatever that song was called, very smooth. But as a rapper by himself i dont like him too much. I cant bop my head to Stronger

I wanna see timberland and magoo come back!!!!
Diddy's flow isnt very lyrical , but as a producer etc, hes done alot for the game I cant really throw him in the likes of worst rapper cuz his main title isnt really to be one but he can do it.

SimpleSexy180
05-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Wow seriously? You guys think Kanye West is a great rapper?

He rhymes with the same word over and over

reason being
kanye would keep me sane if i listen to a got damn radio. :keke:

HyperTek
05-08-2008, 01:46 AM
but for sure, everybody with "Young" or "Lil" in their name is horrible. Even their name aint original. I saw Young Joc perform at a long beach club and it sounded horrible... he was just decked out in a wife beater and some shades, a hat and some chains and just sang his radio songs and did a few typical "yo whats up people !" bs lol

Matej
05-08-2008, 02:01 AM
This list is retarded and is teeming with baseless hate.
I mean, seriously... Based on the merits of the lyrics on his first album, Bubba Sparxxx has no place on this list.
Based upon the merits of what he presented himself to be, and what he was sustained to be, Will Smith has no place on this list.
Based on the money he has paid people to write his rhymes down through the years, Diddy has no place on this list.
Based upon the presence of titties and ass (and the excusability that South Florida booty music affords), 2 Live Crew has no place on this list.
Hammer, based upon the fact that he changed what was Avant Garde at the time, does not deserve to be that high up the list. Vanilla Ice, compared to what else is there and what COULD be there also does not deserve to be that hight up the list... The industry should never forgive either of them, though.

Phlip I found you a twin!
http://www.lastnightsparty.com/beyondruff/slides/IMG_3448.jpg

Pank
05-08-2008, 03:10 AM
eagerly awaiting the 'i would never have all that sparkly shit on my head' response

LeftNutOfGowd
05-08-2008, 06:31 AM

Thats true Snoop used to be sick back in the day with "Whats My Name" and "Gin N Juices". But now he just needs to call it quites Deathrow owened the rap game back then.

i couldnt buy a lil wayne album but im startin to like his sound...

Na lil wayne the only good songs he makes are the one that come out on the radio.

Well to me hip hop/rap is dead theres nothing good anymore like there used to be.

Antihero983
05-08-2008, 06:41 AM
im gonna just say this.

KRS-One is the best.

flame suit on.

(keep in mind ive been listening to KRS-One for like 3 weeks straight now...)

stiizy
05-08-2008, 07:48 AM
I cant believe some people say that lil wayne is nice and saying only lupe and kanye can hang with him..that has to be a joke right!! just cause he gets alot of features don't mean he hot!! i guess they would think that jim jones is nice too he got a lot of spots last year and he can't rap for shit...

Oh and on the dope list.. Nas first 4 albums , Krs-one for sure , Cool G rap , Big L .. real hip hop not this shit that people swear is hot!!

cxlo8331
05-08-2008, 10:04 AM
i can't stand 50cent either.

Antihero983
05-08-2008, 10:12 AM
"I'm not number one, oh wait, sorry, I lied, I'M NUMBER 1 2 3 4 AND 5"

-KRS-ONE.

exitspeed
05-08-2008, 10:23 AM

Ditto. his first album was good, but after that he did a better Ja-Rule impression then Ja-Rule.

WORST Line EVER in a hip-hop song goes to him:

'From the beginning to the end
Losers loose, winners win.'

Nothing like that should ever come from the mouth of a man who at one time was considered an underground lyrical king. From that point, I just lost any and all respect for him.

OBEEWON
05-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Thats grimey, Will Smith won a grammy. He's not responsible for anything after 98 lol.

SHIFT_*grind*
05-08-2008, 10:30 AM

For real, how many different ways can you combine the following phrases...

"on dubs"
"in da club"
"shake/bounce dat ass girl"
"come on/let's go"
"make it pop"
"don't stop"

...into a song?

Oh, a lot? And it sells millions? Seriously? Even Kanye West isn't this bad.

Antihero983
05-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Thats grimey, Will Smith won a grammy. He's not responsible for anything after 98 lol.

"parents just don't understand"

and apparently, neither does Yahoo.

lol

exitspeed
05-08-2008, 10:34 AM
"parents just don't understand"

and apparently, neither does Yahoo.

lol

I was telling my wife about the list and SHE even said they are nuts.

Mel's Wife knowledge of hip-hop > Yahoo's

stiizy
05-08-2008, 10:35 AM
even old school DMX was cool like before his first album and the album was fire..Style P is hot not a fan of jadakiss he don't write his shit styles does but jada freestylin is sick just not his written sheek is garbage!! yea 50 was hot on his first album.. i always say this:

Rappers who have been out who are wack now it's because to the public they've reached that " i know im nice status" so it don't matter what they say now cause its automatically gonna be hot.. thats the way i see it..

CNDC
05-08-2008, 10:41 AM
becasue general society is THAT retarded

Fuckin Hilarious!!!

Agreed I haven't really listened to the radio since 05, maybe listen to it once in awhile when I'm driving my parent's car around doing errands, but other than that shit just isn't the same as it used to be....

just1pepsi
05-08-2008, 10:44 AM
im gonna just say this.

KRS-One is the best.

flame suit on.

No flame suit needed. The real deal right there.

on a side note, you hear that new 2pac track?
http://www.myblazepage.com/blaze/blog/media/video/index.one?a=view_video&vid_id=72663

stiizy
05-08-2008, 10:45 AM
^^ i agree all day!

Phlip
05-08-2008, 10:57 AM
They do pay them, but they're not supposed to... Google "payola" and see what you come up with.
But yes, media influence IS what sells crap music, that is the name of the game. You pine for face-time, you want to have your video on 106th & Park where the 13 year-old minority girls want to learn your dance and sing along to your song. You want your video to be in that 20-30 minutes a week that MTV actually shows music videos, you want your shit on the radio, played at intermissions at sporting events and used in commercials... Sad, yes it really is, but it is what it is.

The people that kill me are the ones who swear that a musician can't be any good if they can get their shit on the radio, instead choosing to stick to lame and outwardly bitter and self-righteous "underground" artists who make songs about being underground and how bad the people who have actually succeeded in the business are. Shit, I love some "underground" artists, but I swear I can't sit and listen to that shit all day, I would lose my damned mind. Every once in a while, someone must be shot, fucked, sold drugs to or SOMETHING to keep my attention, it is kinda like a good movie when you stop and think about it. In such, I actually LIKE Lil' Wayne. I am in the opinion, though, that he goes harder on his mixtapes than he does on his albums, but once one takes one of them in, as opposed to sitting back and blindly crying out of your sandy vagina "awww, that shit sucks," without ever even giving a chance.

stiizy
05-08-2008, 11:01 AM
True that phlip and i hate all those ghetto ass snap ya finger lean right crank dat fucking songs grrrr those songs are so wack but it sells shit i'm about to make one call the "ski-slope" haha j/p

just1pepsi
05-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Music business is all about looks nowadays. All you need is someone who looks attractive, and a program called pro-tools and a computer. You can make hit records with no talent. Its about selling records, not making good music.

Phlip
05-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Pro-tools is more than software, my man.

s13poop
05-08-2008, 11:18 AM
aiite aiite my turn to chime in

first things first aftermath :keke:

i can't stand rappers like: rocko, young joc, 50cent, tony yayo, loydd banks the list goes of goons goes on

the rap game as of now..

lil wayne: will basically flow over anything and kill it, his swagger and his lyrics are so ingenious and has grown from being a "hot boy/cash money millionaire" to a young money monsta. he's gained my respect through mixtapes and collabos

young jeezy: his voice and swag is on point but he's only hot on other peoples tracks i was very dissapointed when i heard "the inspiration" and could only point on a couple songs i liked

rick ross: the trilla album is AMAZING! probably 1 or 2 tracks i'll skip through but he's definately holdin it down for miami on the kahled mixtapes and maybach music with JAY-Z

kanye west: awesome producer but when he hops on tracks his parts are meh... i like graduation though and he gained my respect there

THE GAME!: singled handedly brought west coast hip hop back on the map and came out on top after the G-unot beef. games lyrics can sometimes be a little repetative but his mixtape shit is where its at if you haven't downloaded "unowwhatitiz vol 4" do it! the game is the reason 50 can't rap about being a thug anymore notice how all his albums now are about clubs cars or sex??

jay-z: probably my favorite rapper ever since "reasonable doubt" although his last 2 albums were whatever you gotta look back and see how much he's accomplished and what he's done for the rap game his albums never get old

i can go on and on about the rap game but those are 5 off the top :keke:

exitspeed
05-08-2008, 11:26 AM
jay-z: probably my favorite rapper ever since "reasonable doubt" although his last 2 albums were whatever you gotta look back and see how much he's accomplished and what he's done for the rap game his albums never get old

Jay-Z is my favorite rapper of all time. I actually think American Gangster is his best album since Blueprint. People don't give him enough respect. Judging him solely on the hits on the radio. Dude's put in work. His first album IS a certified classic. What he's done to change the game is unmatched, even by Ditty.

Dude, you and me have been on the same page lately.

SHIFT_*grind*
05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Off-topic, I like that MadTV episode where they had The Game doing commercials. "Post-it notes, baby!!! STRAIGHT GANGSTA!!!!!"

Phlip
05-08-2008, 11:30 AM
This list shit...
My top 10 of all time, in no particular order, remains unchanged:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=129532
post 15 is where the magic happens

just1pepsi
05-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Pro-tools is more than software, my man.
Yes I know, its also Hardware and you have to have someone who knows how to use it.

Phlip
05-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Yes I know, its also Hardware and you have to have someone who knows how to use it.

And that part is far from easy...
I have come to prefer the use of Ableton Live! personally, this was after learning to use Steinberg Cubase, which is only a little less difficult to learn than is pro-tools, especially when teaching yourself.

just1pepsi
05-08-2008, 11:38 AM
I've played around with all that stuff.. its way over my head. I have enough boring junk I have to learn for work.. dont need another three inch tech book. I just play though my amp and record w/ a mic.

s13poop
05-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Jay-Z is my favorite rapper of all time. I actually think American Gangster is his best album since Blueprint. People don't give him enough respect. Judging him solely on the hits on the radio. Dude's put in work. His first album IS a certified classic. What he's done to change the game is unmatched, even by Ditty.

Dude, you and me have been on the same page lately.

:love:

mel you mah best friend :keke:

on of my friends has always been against jay-z since i've met him just cause of nas's "ether" diss i mean yea that track was pretty hot but all nas can do is rap about how ugly jay-z is

i showed him jay-z's "the takeover" diss track which was produced by kanye west ;) and it blew his mind now he's asking me if he can burn my blue print album :rofl:

and for you guys that like BIG L go on youtube and type in "jay-z big L 7 min freestyle" its amazing

exitspeed
05-08-2008, 12:02 PM
^
The Takeover is my favorite diss track ever. Either was OK, but Takeover was personal and never ending. Super Ugly wasn't a very good response to Either.

The best response to the whole beef is that Jay-Z is now his boss. FOR THE WIN!

s13poop
05-08-2008, 12:08 PM
hahahah word

and what a way to send the song right

"And all you other cats throwin shots at Jigga
You only get half a bar - fuck y'all ______"

origin_s135
05-08-2008, 12:13 PM
some of my top rapper's are BIG L, and camp lo.

Antihero983
05-08-2008, 12:14 PM
eh.....i cant make a list, everyone would KILL ME.

stiizy
05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
aiite aiite my turn to chime in

first things first aftermath :keke:

i can't stand rappers like: rocko, young joc, 50cent, tony yayo, loydd banks the list goes of goons goes on

the rap game as of now..

lil wayne: Wack was better back in the day

young jeezy: just plain nasty

rick ross: not a huge fan but that japanese denim shit and maybach music is sick

kanye west: insane mind frame right there i love him

THE GAME!: just gangsta

jay-z: Of course he is the greatest i loved volume 3 but he is just sick on both sides of the game mainstream and behind the scenes smart man

i fixed it to how i like but i know some will disagree.. but i love true hip-hop

Antihero983
05-08-2008, 12:51 PM
ok someone said i should post my list....and this is in no particular order, just my top ten.

<flame suit on>
1.KRS-One
2.Notorious BIG
3.Talib Kweli
4.Guru from Gangstarr
5.Jay-Z
6.Aesop Rock
7.MF Doom
8.Lady Sovereign (UK)
9.Chali 2na
10.Blackalicious

WanganRunner
05-08-2008, 01:00 PM
ok someone said i should post my list....and this is in no particular order, just my top ten.

<flame suit on>
1.KRS-One
2.Notorious BIG
3.Talib Kweli
4.Guru from Gangstarr
5.Jay-Z
6.Aesop Rock
7.Mike Skinner from The Streets (uk)
8.Lady Sovereign (UK)
9.Shystie (uk)
10.Blackalicious

That's a decent list, I definitely agree with KRS-One getting the top position, as I think I'd already said on like page 2 of this thread.

I'd put Blackalicious a little higher than 10, definitely higher than Jay-Z, but that's just my personal preference. Kweli and BIG are obviously solid picks, not sure about the ordering though.

I'd have Jurassic 5 on there somewhere too, and I'm also a big fan of Brand Nubian. I've actually never heard any Atmosphere (*gasp*), so I couldn't weigh in on that.

Some old Wu-Tang would climb up on my list too.

I'd definitely have to knock Lady Sovereign off of there (not that she isn't talented), and a couple others.

Oh, and I'm not sure if he'd make the list for lyricist per se, but Andre 3000 is just such a beast that I'd probably want him on there in some capacity. Same thing with a couple of DJ's who I'd consider hip-hop but obviously not "rap".

HyperTek
05-08-2008, 01:28 PM
some of my top rapper's are BIG L, and camp lo.

camp lo was dope, i didnt like their lateswt album black hollywood, but uptown saturday night is a classic to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKNOtfqasis
Id like to think the lyrics are from around 93 jsut by the style

every real Pac fan knows his unreleased stuff is where he shines.. before corporate companies remixed and put present day rappers on em
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuyH-W0MhFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46SsN3gmg84
Time to get my drank on
He didnt even rap in this song! its a thug life demo
i love it.. but i cant imagine why they would have created this,. unless this was a early song that he never got to finish/spit over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJtAKteeWJc
2pac and Shock G- this woulda been sick if he did more songs with DU

ok last one ill post b4 this bcomes a vid thread lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_6WiQuhNs
straight poetry
WHat I wont do for love
very smooth- was later remixed to become Do for love :rawk:

HyperTek
05-08-2008, 01:32 PM
anyone think Bahamadia would be a nomany for best female?

Antihero983
05-08-2008, 01:41 PM
i revised my list, and i think Lady Sovereign or Shystie is top female.

Phlip
05-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Bahamadia would be a nominee, yes, and I loved her first album, especially the song "Da Jawn" with Blackthought and Malik B, with Questlove on the drums, but I still think of MC Lyte as my favorite female rapper.
... and that has nothing to do with the fact that I have had a crush on her since I was young.

duffman1278
05-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Souldier Boy should definitely be number 1 imo. That list fails lol

A Spec Products
05-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Hmmmmm I wonder where Logan is.

This is like his thread.

How did I miss this thread its like page 4 already

id like to say Ice cube, he had some good hits, but as far as lyrical flow, there didnt seem to be any..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRBYjb7-hus&feature=related

Move out of California

Seriously

Should wash your mouth out for saying that

Uh..."No Vaseline"? .... "Jackin For Beats"? ... "Steady Mobbin"?

Cmon....Cube is legendary

You gotta remember that Cube, Snoop, Dre, all those guys came from a different era....gangsta rap wasn't necessarily about "flow"

doesnt logan just listen to west coast anyway?

Awwww

No way man

I listen to ALL COASTS

I'm not ig-nant when it comes to rap/hiphop

West (North) - Hieroglyphics
West (South) - The Game
Mid West - Lupe Fiasco
East (NYC) - Wu Tang Clan
East (BK) - Masta Ace
East (VA) - Clipse
South - Lil Wayne
ATL - Andre 3000
Beats (West) - Alchemist
Beats (East) - DJ Premier

That's my favorites at the moment broken down by area

im gonna just say this.

KRS-One is the best.

flame suit on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjjZ4RQgwbM

KRS-One is a pioneer and definitely respected in that regard

I think in terms of mass appeal he has a hard time, and often comes off sounded braggadocious, but definitely classic

All his BDP stuff is legendary...and cmon, let's not forget all his hits like:

THE BRIDGE IS OVER
South Bronx
MC's Act Like They Don't Know
Step Into A World (Rapture's Delight)
Sound Of The Police

...and so on

anyone think Bahamadia would be a nomany for best female?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIxNPJqKGS4

She's good

But for some reason I feel like I'm forgetting someone who might be better

You know who I REALLY like but is slept on is HEATHER B

Her track Steady Rockin w/ Premo is sick

http://www.imeem.com/people/VHxxj5/playlist/RCyuzA1R/greatest_hip_hop_producerdj_premier_music_playlist/

Track #5 on the link

Oh, and I'm not sure if he'd make the list for lyricist per se, but Andre 3000 is just such a beast that I'd probably want him on there in some capacity. Same thing with a couple of DJ's who I'd consider hip-hop but obviously not "rap".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3PgZ9bqShc&feature=related

Ever since Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik I've been down with Mr. Benjamin

His verse in International Playas Anthem above is a good example of why he's so amazing

exitspeed
05-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Uh..."No Vaseline"? .... "Jackin For Beats"? ... "Steady Mobbin"?

Cmon....Cube is legendary

You gotta remember that Cube, Snoop, Dre, all those guys came from a different era....gangsta rap wasn't necessarily about "flow"

Exactly.

"You know how we do it"
"Ghetto Bird"
Check yo self"

Cube has a long list of dope songs.

And probably one of my favorite songs of all time, DOPEMAN! From Straight Outta Compton.

Phlip
05-08-2008, 02:00 PM

I didn't notice this until Logan quoted it, but let's not forget, in addition to what he posted:

The N***a You Love to Hate
Get off my dick and tell your bitch to come here
The wrong n***a to fuck wit
It was a good day (we all wished to have a day like this back in the day)

Let us also not forget who was writing the lyrics for Dre AND Eazy in NWA while he was around...
Speaking of O'Shea Jackson, I am also reminded of female rappers and think of VH1's show Miss Rap Supreme and the fact that Yo-Yo still looks VERY good.

A Spec Products
05-08-2008, 02:03 PM
And probably one of my favorite songs of all time, DOPEMAN! From Straight Outta Compton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DyP8-SxXUg&feature=related

Yes

I was just listening to that song earlier today

What I don't agree with the original Top 25 list is

2 LIVE CREW

They are pioneers in the Miami Bass / Booty Music scene

And all their songs (while it rattled old people) are just so awesome

Ignorant, yes....sexist, yes....but cmon

I miss that stuff....so awesome!

Uncle Luke, 95 South, 69 Boyz....what happened, I want them back!

(Phlip knows what I'm talkin bout!)

I didn't notice this until Logan quoted it, but let's not forget, in addition to what he posted:

The N***a You Love to Hate
Get off my dick and tell your bitch to come here
The wrong n***a to fuck wit
It was a good day (we all wished to have a day like this back in the day)

Let us also not forget who was writing the lyrics for Dre AND Eazy in NWA while he was around...
Speaking of O'Shea Jackson, I am also reminded of female rappers and think of VH1's show Miss Rap Supreme and the fact that Yo-Yo still looks VERY good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJe2tOS90E&feature=related

Yo-Yo is true og classic

YOU CANT PLAY WITH MY YO-YO!

s13poop
05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
cube was the mouth of NWA

easy e didn't even know how to rhyme before his first album

cube was the first to get dicked out of his money then the first to blow up after

he might not be as lyrical as some east coast cats but its gangster rap for the most part of it is rhyming about the streets and what you've experienced and just being raw about it

cube sums it all up in "today was a good day" pretty much a street anthem

btw for the female vote

http://www.lafactoriadelritmo.com/fact14/repor/dra02.jpg
lady of rage held it down for the west coast

her voice actually kinda scares me she can spit though :keke:

oh and MC lyte too

A Spec Products
05-08-2008, 02:56 PM
lady of rage held it down for the west coast

her voice actually kinda scares me she can spit though :keke:

I ROCK ROUGH AND STUFF WITH MY AFRO PUFFS

RAAAAAAAAAAAGE

She was aight, but kinda was one hit wonder status

Ghostdrifter
05-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Think UGK is pretty good also.

BTW.. Jim Jones sucks. When I look at a rapper I look at the beat, what he's rapping about and how he flows.

Kayne West might not be able to rhyme too well and his flow's decent, but his production value is top notch and he was rapping bout real shit when back when most rappers where still rapping bout just fucking bitches.

Lil Wayne is all about I'ma make my money and I'm gonna do what the fuck I want and if you don't like then fuck you.(which is the New Orleans mentaility, love it or hate it) His flow is top notch, and his rhymes are infectious(even if they don't make sense sometimes). He makes every remix he's on better and everything he's put out in the last four or five years has been hot

s13poop
05-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I ROCK ROUGH AND STUFF WITH MY AFRO PUFFS

RAAAAAAAAAAAGE

She was aight, but kinda was one hit wonder status

hahahah word she was funny on next friday though

when she's chasing mike epps through the parking lot

baby D!! :keke:

A Spec Products
05-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Think UGK is pretty good also.

BTW.. Jim Jones sucks. When I look at a rapper I look at the beat, what he's rapping about and how he flows.

Kayne West might not be able to rhyme too well and his flow's decent, but his production value is top notch and he was rapping bout real shit when back when most rappers where still rapping bout just fucking bitches.

UGK is the shit, super tragic that Pimp C passed

In regards to people like Jim Jones, I think he fits into a "swagger" category

Guys like him, Mike Jones, Lil Jon, etc

They are all rappers that don't have lyrical value but still strong on swagger and for that reason you find yourself cranking all their songs at full volume rapping along with the chorus

hahahah word she was funny on next friday though

when she's chasing mike epps through the parking lot

baby D!! :keke:

Quit playin Baby D

Baby D I know you got all them snacks

You got the next year snacks, the snacks that ain't even out yet

LOL

s13poop
05-08-2008, 03:27 PM
"BIG PIMPIN ITS JUST JIGGA MAN, PIMP C AND B U N-B"

classic track!!! it sucks that pimp c just gotta jail then passed away shortly after that :-/

i like UGK though bun b has some pretty hot tracks

jim jones has nothing but "ballin" under his hits can't believe him and damon dash made a weak ass diss track to jay-z that shit was boring

Matej
05-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Favorite recent track.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro1-dQPHIg

stiizy
05-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Quit playin Baby D

Baby D I know you got all them snacks

You got the next year snacks, the snacks that ain't even out yet

LOL

She know all the future snacks,, the other day she was telling me about the year 2000 twinkie when you bite into it shoots sprinkles and glitter all up in ya mouth its a bad motha fucker..lolzz

s13poop
05-08-2008, 03:41 PM
^ hahahahahahahahahahaha

wtrep?? didn't you have a red square not to long ago?? :keke:

all show no go
05-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Damn i'd Hate to hear yahoo's favorite Rapper then.. it might be that goddamn souja boy. if i would have known by shouting YOUUUUUU OHHHHH SUPERMAN YOUUUU would make me filthy rich at a young age i would have done it. I cant believe Lil Mama isnt on that lame ass list.. Who fucking sings about how their lip gloss is poppin? :duh:

s13poop
05-08-2008, 03:45 PM
she can actually freestyle pretty well i heard her on power106

i was pretty impressed but then again i'm not gonna buy her album :keke:

Matej
05-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Ughh I can't stand girl rappers, they all sound the same, still stuck in that "angry" phase.

The only ones I can listen to are Psalm One and Dessa because they've discovered that there's more than one tone to sing in.
http://www.myspace.com/psalmone
http://www.myspace.com/dessadarling

A Spec Products
05-08-2008, 04:10 PM
she can actually freestyle pretty well i heard her on power106

i was pretty impressed but then again i'm not gonna buy her album :keke:

Lil Mama

I don't get why she's popular

And she was a judge on that MTV dance show....and I'm like didn't she just drop her first single like months before that

Don't get me started on Power 106

Ugh I can't stand listening to radio anymore, they only play like 5 songs now

Chris Brown "Kiss Kiss"
Mariah Carey "Touch My Body"
Urshur / Young Jeezy "Love In This Club"
Lil Wayne "Lollipop"
Rhianna "Don't Stop The Music"

Just x 29348193283 during the day over and over and over

And I want to STAB MYSELF IN THE EARS everytime

UGHNNNNN

s13poop
05-08-2008, 04:14 PM
^ hahahah wow

you got those songs exactly correct

the only program i listen to is "big boys neighborhood" on the way to work

cause of my lady luscious liz and the phone taps :keke:

Kn1ves
05-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Damn 4 pages and nobody gave Ludacris any respect

origin_s135
05-08-2008, 07:55 PM
dylan, dylan, dylan, dylan, and dylan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K37e8XiRLK0

Ghostdrifter
05-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Ugh I can't stand listening to radio anymore, they only play like 5 songs now

Chris Brown "Kiss Kiss"
Lil Wayne "Lollipop"

Just x 29348193283 during the day over and over and over

And I want to STAB MYSELF IN THE EARS everytime

UGHNNNNN

WORD!! Lollipop is a great song, but it's def getting played too much. Shit, if you played Thriller too much it would get played out:-/

S13_Nightkid
05-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Outkast. fuckin GREAT. well 3000 mostly but u get the gist of it.

JVDSKYRINE
05-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Well considering Vanilla ice made a song on Ninja Turtles 2 secret of the ooze that says goo ninja go ninja goo while he does the running man should automatically make him the best rapper ever

gabe30
05-08-2008, 10:58 PM
lol "12. Northern States:..."

HyperTek
05-08-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm waiting for the return of more G funk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1lvmhs7JJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi7UUJ6cwLQ

turtl631
05-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Bahamadia doesn't sound angry at all. Super mellow voice (and songs, mostly).

Jean Grae is a decent female MC too, although I don't know how much recognition she'd get without Kweli promoting the shit outta her.

Logan- Good call on Masta Ace, I feel like he gets overlooked a lot but his albums have all been solid. They're also pretty different from each other. I just like "regular guy" type rappers like him a lot for some reason, easier to relate to I guess. Probably the same reason I like Murs, despite him really not being that great of an MC. Both are good storytellers though and have been over some pretty good beats (Murs/9th Wonder stuff is nice).

s13poop
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
ahhh yes the G funk era *sigh*

come back nate dogg!!! :keke:

stop singing hooks!!!

"never leave me alone" was the shit!!!

SHIFT_*grind*
05-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Chris Brown "Kiss Kiss"
Lil Wayne "Lollipop"

Don't forget that goddamn Ray Jay song.

DOOK
05-09-2008, 07:11 AM
but ray jay did smash Kim Kardashian... that should win him some radio time.

stiizy
05-09-2008, 08:16 AM
but ray jay did smash Kim Kardashian... that should win him some radio time.

hell yea he get credit from me for hitting that :werd::werd:

s13poop
05-09-2008, 10:38 AM
lol this is like ray jays 5th attempt at trying to get his album to sell

anyone remember his past hits??

stiizy
05-09-2008, 11:08 AM
^^ yea the one with lil kim produced by the neptunes forgot the name though..

oh it was called "wait a minute"...

Unvevo
05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
#1 and #2 should not be on the list :p

s13poop
05-09-2008, 11:38 AM
^^ yea the one with lil kim produced by the neptunes forgot the name though..

oh it was called "wait a minute"...

lol he was always trying to out do his sister brandy :keke:

BC240
05-09-2008, 12:40 PM
My quick topten:

1. Tupac
2. Eminem
3. Rakim
4. Common
5. Nas
6. Guru (Gang Starr)
7. Andre 3000
8. Afu-Ra
9. Mos Def
10. Talib Kweli

#1 is easy for me.. 2-10 are difficult. One guy I don't get is Jay-Z, maybe I just haven't heard his best yet but I don't understand why he is on everyones top 10.

HyperTek
05-09-2008, 12:40 PM
he wouldnt be known if it wasnt for his sister.. she was cute back in the day

HyperTek
05-09-2008, 12:46 PM
this is Big L & a young Jay Z at their finest
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OYfKMIdoJL0
freestyle back in the day..
I never really heard a Big L song, ive heard some on youtube and i didnt really like his songs, i did read up on him that he was up and coming and then was murdered by mistake for someone looking to get his brother or something, then later they murdered his bro too. I dont think we ever got to see his full potential.

BC240
05-09-2008, 01:02 PM
I never really heard a Big L song, ive heard some on youtube and i didnt really like his songs, i did read up on him that he was up and coming and then was murdered by mistake for someone looking to get his brother or something, then later they murdered his bro too. I dont think we ever got to see his full potential.

That was amazing, I've never heard Big L until today. New respect for him and Jay-Z

stiizy
05-09-2008, 01:07 PM
i think we all forgot about these!! and don't say you aint listen to it cause you know your lying!!!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002WU9.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.nealosis.com/demo/playlists/album/art/310.jpg

http://www.merryswankster.com/images/Ghostface_Killah_Ironman_la.jpg

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa204/jadermcshaner_photos/103192122_e725c4c83a.jpg

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/29002.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/Bdp1.jpg

there's a lot more just cant think of em

A Spec Products
05-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Bahamadia doesn't sound angry at all. Super mellow voice (and songs, mostly).

Jean Grae is a decent female MC too, although I don't know how much recognition she'd get without Kweli promoting the shit outta her.

Yeah dude Bahamadia is mad mellow

JEAN GRAE!!!

That's who I was forgetting good lookin turtl631

Don't forget that goddamn Ray Jay song.

YES, UGH.

SEHHHSEE CAN UHHHHH!

So tired of that song

i think we all forgot about these!! and don't say you aint listen to it cause you know your lying!!!

there's a lot more just cant think of em

HELL YEAH!

Wu will always be the dopest group to me, hands down

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is CLASSIC

Old school Wu is so serious, I'll be bumping that when I'm like 60 still

I don't think anyone's mentioned Hiero yet?

Them, Souls of Mischief, etc

Hieroglyphics - Make Your Move (9th Wonder Remix):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z4IBq2PvAM&feature=related

Hieroglyphics - You Never Know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rjo0AR0k34&feature=related

Souls Of Mischief - 93 Til Infinity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mt3vZHDiM8

Norcal always got it goin on...but I gotta show love to LOS ANG:

Dilated Peoples - Back Again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEA9OpwX4I8

and goddamn, such a big fan of Evidence:

Evidence - Chase The Clouds Away:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Ml5XPArPY

s13poop
05-09-2008, 02:58 PM
and for you guys that like BIG L go on youtube and type in "jay-z big L 7 min freestyle" its amazing

i'm glad everyone read my post 2 pages back :duh:

that was actually on bobbito's radio station back in the day

big L out spits jay-z on that track but they both came out around the same time, jay-z went on to start Rockafella and big L went to start flabouyent ent.

jay was gonna sign big L onto rockafella but he died a week before too bad he'll never get the credit he deserves as an artist but he's one of the most respected on my list

if you're looking for good big L songs here's a list:

-street struck
-how will i make it
-put it on
-furious anger
-the big picture
-platinum plus

stiizy
05-09-2008, 03:06 PM
platinum plus is the shit the beat his flow everything is just fuckin crazy on there one of my favs of all time!!

s13poop
05-09-2008, 03:08 PM
^ yuppp Big L + Dj Premier beat = amazing

Harbe
05-09-2008, 03:18 PM
yes nelly fucking sucks, but they need to put all the shit rap that has come out the past few years on there.

A Spec Products
05-09-2008, 03:27 PM
^ yuppp Big L + Dj Premier beat = amazing

Premo is fuckin god to me when it comes to producing / beats / DJ

the only program i listen to is "big boys neighborhood" on the way to work

cause of my lady luscious liz and the phone taps :keke:

I definitely respect Big Boy for what he does

I don't, however, understand the concept of phone taps and Big Boy

Big Boy always comes across as a nice, genuine, loving guy, and then his phone taps are typically blatantly ruining someone's day

I dunno if I'm way off base but it just doesn't seem to click with me, and I always change the channel or avoid listening 10 after the hour

Also, I always get super SUPER frustrated these days because I have to listen to Tattoo. I am not going to call him names, but ugh I can't stand listening to that guy

HyperTek
05-09-2008, 03:31 PM
i grew up listenin to 106, just dont like how its more marketed towards hispanics now a days.. I used to listen to big boys neighborhood all the time a few years ago.

s13poop
05-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Premo is fuckin god to me when it comes to producing / beats / DJ

yupp every track he touches is amazing

bet some of you didn't know fat joe got down like this

the shit is real feat dj premier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLVD3uMTX7I

i grew up listenin to 106, just dont like how its more marketed towards hispanics now a days.. I used to listen to big boys neighborhood all the time a few years ago.

whats wrong with it being being marketed towards hispanics??

most of the jockeys are hispanics and just like any minority they help eachother out having shows like "pocos pero locos" and other advertisements

i mean don't get me wrong i'm hispanic and i completely dislike chicano rap/hip hop or whatever but black people did it with hip hop and they brought it from the streets to all over the country

its just another way for a culture to get their music out

plus power 106 has close calls losing ratings to other latino radio stations in socal so its their way to intergrate things

and logan tattoo is retarted i just like the way big boy makes him mess up on purpose and tortures him every chance he gets

ever heard the phone tap where he told tattoo he's fired?? its hillarious :rofl:

HyperTek
05-09-2008, 04:10 PM
nothing, dont you think they play too many bail bonds commercials that sound like they are marketed towards hispanics? I know a large portion of their target listeners are probably hispanic, but i dont think alot of the stuff you hear on there is appropriate.

s13poop
05-09-2008, 04:14 PM
^ true that advertisement i did pull the big :wtf: on

they went from trying to get you better car insurance or car payment to how to get your homeboy outta jail :keke:

but this is why i can't turn off the radio on the way to work

http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/01353/58/12/1353372185_l.jpg

turtl631
05-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Any of you guys feeling Blu at all?

I've gotten really into this guy. He had a show here in Chicago and it was pretty solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpsBEjiIrsE

NiSmo240luvR
05-10-2008, 12:42 AM
jay was gonna sign big L onto rockafella but he died a week before too bad he'll never get the credit he deserves as an artist but he's one of the most respected on my list

if you're looking for good big L songs here's a list:

-street struck
-how will i make it
-put it on
-furious anger
-the big picture
-platinum plus

yea. R.I.P. Big L. dude was amazing. heres a few more good Big L songs to check out...

- '98 Freestyle
- Da Graveyard (jay-z lays an awesome early verse down in this too)
- Enemy
- Ebonics
- Devil's son

theres plenty more too, just do a little searching around on youtube or something. also look for digging in the crates crew (D.I.T.C.) stuff.

CKAMC
05-10-2008, 01:05 AM
suprised not to see anyone mention T.I. , his stuff is interesting

can't stand mike jones... keeps repeating his name is quite a few of his songs annoys me.

I been out of hip hop way too long... I remember back when Master P and all that No Limit shit hit back in the day, funny stuff.

Arizona doesn't have much of a hip hop support group... radio is full of sell outs for major names.

Antihero983
05-10-2008, 01:05 AM
not gonna lie, i just got done kickin it more old school....MC Shan and Dj Marley Marl, and then a little bit of Kool Moe Dee!

s13poop
05-10-2008, 02:30 PM
suprised not to see anyone mention T.I. , his stuff is interesting

can't stand mike jones... keeps repeating his name is quite a few of his songs annoys me.

TI is pretty dope i was bumping "King" in my car earlier most of his stuff produced by manny fresh is pretty coo

can't listen for TI too long though he gets boring but he's coo..

as for mike jones i only felt one of his songs and thats probably cause paul wall and slim thug were on it "still tippen"

out of the whole swisha house scene i probably digg slim thug the most
i reccomend this album

http://www.hiphop-blogs.com/hiphop/images/slim_thug_already_platinum.jpg

mostly produced by pharell/ neptunes :D

stiizy
05-10-2008, 09:10 PM
^ Diamonds pressin up against the wood grain wheel!!

Antihero983
05-10-2008, 10:18 PM
i really dont like slim thug and bun b, i just dont like their flows at all.

however, i found the new WORST RAPPER EVER....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1j9iJRHYrB0

this song made me almost vomit....

HOWEVER! lady sovereign did a song to make fun of her, so balance has been restored to the universe lol

drftwerks
05-10-2008, 10:36 PM
ahhah there we go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAAMzDfVbkQ

HyperTek
05-10-2008, 11:20 PM
this is great.. Johnny J *oldskool producer* talkin about how the latest Pac albums where touched by these other producers who basically ruin the songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVcqLSYsKtI
dam he got it spot on. Talkin about all the remixes shouldnt even have been done, all these rappers shouldnt even be on the same tracks.

Matej
05-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Can't hate on a rapper that poses in front of a Datsun 510. :keke:
http://nahright.com/news/wp-content/images/snoop-ego-trippin-cvr.jpg

HyperTek
06-12-2008, 08:04 PM
dam im startin to like Kidz in the hall
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=6824195