PDA

View Full Version : Who has cancelled their Sirius Radio Subscription

slidingsky
05-07-2008, 12:02 PM
And it is still playing?

I cancelled it in October and it is still playing? I've talked with a friend and he said the same thing is happening with his.

just1pepsi
05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Had that happen w/ XM. I had my stereo stolen (but still had the tuner) acouple years *yes, years* later I hooked it all back up, and got free XM radio for about six months before they shut it off.

stiizy
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
^^ ditto hey aint nothing wrong with free radio.

Mi Beardo es Loco
05-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Sirius is just so much better than regular radio. Howard rocks and so does Bubba on 101 and the music kicks ass, same on xm. Hopefully the merger will go through soon. Unfortunately both companies could go under by the time they approve the merger. Although I don't approve on stealing the service, if it's there mistake then congrats to you.

BustedS13
05-07-2008, 12:55 PM
i canceled mine in 2004
i should dig out the tuner and see if i still get signal

slidingsky
05-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I think it's a little of both: They haven't cut the service after I personally talked to someone to tell them I didn't want to renew but at the same time I haven't called them to tell them it's still going.

I honestly hope they make it through the merger. It's actually Sirius that is bringing down XM which sucks because I prefer Sirius over XM.

98s14inaz
05-07-2008, 02:11 PM
I doubt the merger will happen. There are only two companies offering satellite radio and the FCC will not let them merge and create a monopoly. If they did it expect the prices to rise to compensate for their shitty profits...more so sirius because of what they had to pay Howard.

Mi Beardo es Loco
05-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I doubt the merger will happen. There are only two companies offering satellite radio and the FCC will not let them merge and create a monopoly. If they did it expect the prices to rise to compensate for their shitty profits...more so sirius because of what they had to pay Howard.

honestly, monopoly on what? satellite radio? What about their competition, regular radio? ITunes? CD's? Cassettes? Atrax? records? MTV? IMHO, there are tons of monopolies in the music industry. Sirius and XM are not competing any longer, they are fighting with the other forms of media to survive. Not that they are losing money but the FCC are trying to tell them that IF they merge they have to be held to FCC regulations. No cussing, no stunts, and possibly the worst, being subject to FCC fines.
You know how Bubba was fired in Tampa? ONE person wrote 16,000 letters complaining about his actions. The tip of the iceberg was when they were eating pork sandwiches and playing pig squealing noises in the background. He got arrested because one person said that he was down there killing pigs and got fined $755,000 by the FCC. They are so much bullshit in the media industry.

BlckBeautyVTEC
05-07-2008, 03:13 PM
XM is better than sirius i think, but shit ima order XM and cancel so i can get it for free haha

GabeS14
05-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I cancelled mine and it shut off while i was still on the phone with the lady..lol

anyways..they say that they are trying to pass a law that we will be able to pay for only the channels we want to listen to...enough of this bullshit of paying for 300 channels when we only listen and only want 2-3 channels...lol..
some crap chanels get paid for nothing!

kaotic
05-07-2008, 05:23 PM
why would you cancel sirius???

I got my radio for christmas and Ive been hooked! I cant get by during my day without howard in the morning and bubba in the afternoon.. The music selection is great! I love it.. Im going to get a siletto too, so I can listen while im at the gym..

And about the merger... the US department of justice approved the merger saying that this would not create a monopoly.. but the thing that gets me is the fact that the FCC gave them the premission to do the entire satalite radio thing under a few conditions, one of which was that they would not merge....

baba booey to you all!

BustedS13
05-07-2008, 05:26 PM
why would you cancel sirius???

I got my radio for christmas and Ive been hooked! I cant get by during my day without howard in the morning and bubba in the afternoon.. The music selection is great! I love it.. Im going to get a siletto too, so I can listen while im at the gym..

And about the merger... the US department of justice approved the merger saying that this would not create a monopoly.. but the thing that gets me is the fact that the FCC gave them the premission to do the entire satalite radio thing under a few conditions, one of which was that they would not merge....

baba booey to you all!

i download stern on mp3 and listen to it at work on my own time. i'm listening to it right now
bubba sucks
i have 160gb of music on my ipod, i don't need to spend 15 bucks a month to get sub cd quality music piped in
also, i made the mistake of buying sirius stock a few years ago and lost a bunch of money, so fuck them

S14DB
05-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I have a lifetime early adopter. Mine will never expire. I do go through recivers though. I'm on my third and now it's acting up.

ronmcdon
05-07-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not going to renew my sirus b/c I'm broke. I have too many monthly payments as is. The 'garage' channel isn't too bad, but there's not enough material i enjoy to justify the cost. I'd rather spend the $ on downloading i-tunes.

PhilthyS13
05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Hmm...maybe I should cancel mine. I'm pretty poor. I miss the days when black boxes worked.

I think the monopoly argument doesn't fly. Ever since they deregulated regular radio, the same companies bought up all the stations. That's why they have the same stations in every city - they're templates of each other, the only difference being their name and what frequency they're on. When I first moved to Davis (Sac), I noticed that they had virtually the same stations, just different names. Even the DJ's were similar.

I think the merger would be sweet. All the sports would make it worthwhile, and I don't really pay close attention nowadays. Maybe Steadman could get his own show.

GabeS14
05-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I cancelled sirius because their dance music selection is garbage, compared to XM.
and XM has better packages.

sideways7
05-07-2008, 10:39 PM
I like how congress is concerned about two sattelite radio companies merging and creating a "monopoly". :jerkit: Yet they allowed two of the biggest oil companies to merge without a hassle. I also dont see why they would care so much about us (the comsumers) having to MAYBE pay a couple of dollars more each month for something that we choose to pay for. Why were they not worried about the price of gas when the oil companies merged?? :goyou:

silviaguy240
05-08-2008, 12:08 AM
free xm at work and my ipod in my car. regular radio is garbage, although xm kinda is too, they play alot of the same shit over and over again, not at much as normal radio, but still do.

just1pepsi
05-08-2008, 05:30 AM
I like how congress is concerned about two sattelite radio companies merging and creating a "monopoly". :jerkit: Yet they allowed two of the biggest oil companies to merge without a hassle. I also dont see why they would care so much about us (the comsumers) having to MAYBE pay a couple of dollars more each month for something that we choose to pay for. Why were they not worried about the price of gas when the oil companies merged?? :goyou:

They more than likely have stock in those two oil companies, not Sirius or XM.

kaotic
05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
i download stern on mp3 and listen to it at work on my own time. i'm listening to it right now
bubba sucks
i have 160gb of music on my ipod, i don't need to spend 15 bucks a month to get sub cd quality music piped in
also, i made the mistake of buying sirius stock a few years ago and lost a bunch of money, so fuck them

Well; you either get bubba, or you dont... I mark out to them everyday, its almost like a view for guys.. lol!

As far as the music goes.. I dont find it to be sub cd quality at all.. Ive got a direct hard like to my deck, it sounds perfect to me.. even when I had it tuned to a radio station it still sounded good.. and on my boom box the sound quailty is great..

A big reason why I love sirius is the music selection.. Im a big fan of classical music, so this is a great platform to listen to things that I may havnt heard before.. Like right now im listening to sirius pops, playing is the main theme song to schindler's list.. Ive gone back to listen to it 3 times already.. its really amazing..:bigok: