PDA

View Full Version : S13 Map lights in a coupe?

John_R
05-01-2008, 01:37 PM
So I have a 91 Hicas Hatch that had some map lights in front of the sunroof. I'd love to have those lights in my Base model S13 coupe. Before I go hacking up my headliner, is there wiring there for the map light? Someone told me that the chassis wiring was all the same and there should be a plug under there. But if there was a plug, why didn't they just put map lights up there?

Just curious. I know I could run a couple wires from the dome light no problem. I just was curious about the whole in cabin wiring situation. Did upgraded S13 models ever have map lights?

Do you think its a bad idea to put map lights in there? If the car is "rare" because it doesn't have map lights or something, I'd rather not ruin a headliner that might not be easily replaced. I'd rather just pick up another one in that case.

Anyways... Thanks!

gregfarz78
05-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Funny you mention this I also want some map lights in my coupe, so I just picked up a rear view mirror from a pontiac grand am it has built in map lights and all you need to do is wire up a ground and a switched 12v lead. No need to ruin your headliner. GM parts in a nissan blasphemy!

5t341tH
05-01-2008, 02:17 PM
interesting. i want to do it in my hatch. having no maplight sucks at night. i have to keep a flashlight in my car for just that reason

John_R
05-01-2008, 02:33 PM
You guys are no help. LOL. Buy that's funny you mention that cause my buddy is a hardcore GM guy. Just got him another Grand Prix (a 97 GT) we're putting a L67 into.

But anyways. The reason I want to ruin my headliner is cause its a stock nissan part, I have for free. I'd have to pay like $20 for a mirrior with lights in it at pick N pull. No thanks. As long as its a common headliner and not some crazy rare thing. I'm hacking a hole in it identical to the hatch I pulled it from and running some wires.

Does anyone know if the wiring is the same or difference depending on the options (like map lights) in 240s?