PDA

View Full Version : Car places?

SilviaNOW
04-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey guys,

I am from canada, and i just flew into LAX today, We are staying in Santa Monica tonight, and than our destination is Downtown Sacramento over a few days. We are going to be taking Highway 1 up to San jose, than through fairfield and vacaville.

Im looking for some good shops around these areas that you fellow zilvia members would recommend so i can pick up some parts for my new S13.
your help would be much appreciated, since i dont know california.

Thanks Jared

hustlervibes
04-27-2008, 05:23 PM
If you want to go somewhere big and flashy that has the most parts instock go to Super Autobacs in Stanton or the new one in Covina.

Here is their site. www.autobacsusa.com

drift freaq
04-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Ah excuse me. I think you need to look at your maps a little better. First while taking hwy 1 is really fucking nice its going to take you a long drive say at least 10 hours between LA and San Jose. If you take 101 a very pleasant drive from around Thousand Oaks clear on through to San Jose then its about a 7 hour drive. Now once you get into the Bay Area if your headed to Fairfield then your going to take the 101 to the 880 up to the 80. Which I might add is the long route to Sacremento from San Jose but you have to do it if your planning on going by Fairfield and Vacaville ( god only knows why you would want to visit those places). If you want a faster route to Sac take the 680 to the 580 or the 880 to Hayward and cross over to the 580 and go out to the 5 north.

P.S. someone suggested Super Autobacs but that is actually south from LA in Orange county the opposite direction your headed. Not that many car places between Los Angeles and San Jose. There is Turbonetics out in Simi Valley but thats out along the 118. There is Relax Customs in Thousand Oaks but they are more a custom Stereo/Alarm/ put your race motorcylce in a decked van to go motocycle racing place.
Most of the cooler car places in Los Angeles area are either south in Orange county or east in the San Gabriel Valley. Though you do have some places in Torrance area . Engine Importers,Wheel choice in Signal Hill, Signal Auto, SR20store,Bulletproof Automorive(though they are wholesale) HKS. JIC etc....
oh ya Takumi Project(JDMwheels) out in Northridge.

1five10
04-27-2008, 07:14 PM
It all depends what you're looking for. Just shop on the internet and pick up your parts. I would check out www.phase2motortrend.com (http://www.phase2motortrend.com), www.frsport.com (http://www.frsport.com), www.mynismo.com (http://www.mynismo.com), etc...They're all about 45 minutes from LAX. Autobacs is about the same distance as the others, but very expensive. It's the biggest aftermarket shop out here..

SilviaNOW
04-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Ah excuse me. I think you need to look at your maps a little better. First while taking hwy 1 is really fucking nice its going to take you a long drive say at least 10 hours between LA and San Jose. If you take 101 a very pleasant drive from around Thousand Oaks clear on through to San Jose then its about a 7 hour drive. Now once you get into the Bay Area if your headed to Fairfield then your going to take the 101 to the 880 up to the 80. Which I might add is the long route to Sacremento from San Jose but you have to do it if your planning on going by Fairfield and Vacaville ( god only knows why you would want to visit those places). If you want a faster route to Sac take the 680 to the 580 or the 880 to Hayward and cross over to the 580 and go out to the 5 north.

P.S. someone suggested Super Autobacs but that is actually south from LA in Orange county the opposite direction your headed. Not that many car places between Los Angeles and San Jose. There is Turbonetics out in Simi Valley but thats out along the 118. There is Relax Customs in Thousand Oaks but they are more a custom Stereo/Alarm/ put your race motorcylce in a decked van to go motocycle racing place.
Most of the cooler car places in Los Angeles area are either south in Orange county or east in the San Gabriel Valley. Though you do have some places in Torrance area . Engine Importers,Wheel choice in Signal Hill, Signal Auto, SR20store,Bulletproof Automorive(though they are wholesale) HKS. JIC etc....
oh ya Takumi Project(JDMwheels) out in Northridge.

Yah time isnt really important to us, just looking for a fun time.
Went to moon shadows in malibu, great seafood, great atmosphere, bella is a really good hostress. +1

eli_eli
04-28-2008, 02:20 AM
haha...if time in not an issue...you can stick to the 1...but the 1 and the 101 join about 10 times from LA to San Jose...i make the drive about twice a month...but i take the 5 since it does save me about 45 or so...done it too many times now...but yes the 101 or the 1 is a much much nicer of a drive...some cool places to stop would probably be Pismo Beach...which is about an hr N of santa barbara...and maybe Monterey and Carmel...which is just S of Santa cruz where i am currently...never been there...but hear its awsome...and if your in Santa Cruz...hit me up...lol...ill show you around here...only about 30 or so miles from San Jose....its pretty nice here...

nrg
04-28-2008, 03:04 AM
most car shops dont have store fronts. The only interesting shop is probably super autobacs in orange county.
Every other shop you've heard about are mostly internet stores. Parts are best bought online anyways (now days).

There's nothing between thousand oaks and san jose.

SilviaNOW
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
haha...if time in not an issue...you can stick to the 1...but the 1 and the 101 join about 10 times from LA to San Jose...i make the drive about twice a month...but i take the 5 since it does save me about 45 or so...done it too many times now...but yes the 101 or the 1 is a much much nicer of a drive...some cool places to stop would probably be Pismo Beach...which is about an hr N of santa barbara...and maybe Monterey and Carmel...which is just S of Santa cruz where i am currently...never been there...but hear its awsome...and if your in Santa Cruz...hit me up...lol...ill show you around here...only about 30 or so miles from San Jose....its pretty nice here...

whoops, guess we should of went to santa cruz haha, well we decided to drive through san hose, we stayed at a decent hotel off 880 i think it was off 84, but dont quote me on that. Than we woke up this morning and drove to sacramento.

Which we will be picking the car up tomorrow.

edit: also where can i pick a iphone up in sacramento, (i am off of Arden Way, on fulton ave) google maps says its called "arden town"?
And is it hard to unlock a Iphone?

nrg
04-30-2008, 10:47 AM
um.. you can get an iphone from the apple store for retail price. take it home and unlock it yourself for free. it takes 1min to unlock your phone. ziphone, or pownage. there are other software too. ALL iPHONES ARE UNLOCKABLE btw.

http://www.apple.com/retail/
find the nearest apple store.

edit: there's an apple store right near you:
Store Address

1689 Arden Way
Sacramento, CA 95815

infinitexsound
04-30-2008, 03:40 PM
might want to hit up venus-auto.com or what ever import shops is around there in east sac.. to get some parts...

Andrew Bohan
04-30-2008, 06:56 PM
stop by fremont and get some STICKERS

and DRIFT

nastjuid
04-30-2008, 07:48 PM
You aren't missing much (the mall in fairfield isn't THAT great..) if you don't hit fairfield on the way to sacto. If you're looking to go over the golden gate, you'd stay northbound on the 101, and could cut over on the 39 to the 80 and head out to sac that way, but you're going to go through vallejo (dont' stop, this place sucks, i live there), and still go through fairfield

oh, and the 39 is a one lane each way road with water on both sides. Kinda scary the first time you drive down it. Don't be sleepy >.<