PDA

View Full Version : Sad to see them go away~

pink godzila
04-25-2008, 02:41 AM
Just sign up this forum not too long ago and seem all the nice 240sx picture in the picture thread, by the way Zilvia.net are best 240sx forum EVER!! around.
But sad to see many popular zilvia member are selling their 240sx right now. I belive all of the zilvian spend million of hours to work on their car also thousand of dollars spend on parts. I'm sure many of them have their reason for putting up their baby (240sx) for sale and getting out the game. It just so sad to see them gone and they most likely reposend Zilvia with their nice 240sx post up on forum.

For exmaple:
*ALEXTHESUS*PECT (Clean and Eye candy of your Red Coupe you got there)
*Eulalia (Clean black hatch)
*TheSquidd (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?&u=29558) (Miss the White Unicorn)

Hope one day you guys will be back on Zilvia again, but this time with a new project you got!!

*Grammer own me :bigok:

fliprayzin240sx
04-25-2008, 02:50 AM
Some people just got tired of the BS that became associated in owning an S-chassis in the states...

kafanylovesme
04-25-2008, 02:54 AM
Some people just got tired of the BS that became associated in owning an S-chassis in the states...

Exactly. Especially here in Cali where shit keeps getting stolen left and right!

Flipzide
04-25-2008, 02:55 AM
Mmm.. I swear I saw squidd driving a red s13 at 626 in march... or maybe it was someone else's car...

infinitexsound
04-25-2008, 03:49 AM
some ppl just got tired of fixing broken parts... i still have mines... but i wish it was gone...

lflkajfj12123
04-25-2008, 06:29 AM
lol thats a pretty original sn

Z33dori
04-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Mmm.. I swear I saw squidd driving a red s13 at 626 in march... or maybe it was someone else's car...

YEA that was his.... Maroon w/ white 6 spokes

hell he just posted up some picks of s-chassis the other day

jackjack
04-25-2008, 09:23 AM
sometimes you just need to move on. could be different reasons.... but ... you know.

DOOK
04-25-2008, 09:26 AM
some of us selling them are getting older and our priorities are moving elsewhere... I know that was my reasoning.

s13poop
04-25-2008, 11:06 AM
^ cosign

alot of people ask why i sold my car when they see it at meets

but financial things and cops just fuck everything up plus the scene is getting a little lamer with the stealing/ shady deals and as you get older you get tired of dealing with the BS

i'll be coming back soon i hope but financially i can't handle another coupe right now but i've learned alot from owning my 240sx and i will be taking a completely different route next time..

origin_s135
04-25-2008, 12:57 PM
i might be getting out of the scene too, maybe! saying so, is because i'm upgrading to a q45 where i won't get pulled over for having a modded car, but if i still have my 240sx [deciding whether to sell it or keep it], i would like to put in money and bring it to the track. i don't even drive my 240sx anymore due to dui, registration expired, etc. it's all good though.

tacotacotaco
04-25-2008, 02:00 PM
blah i sold my black car. Thought about getting out.... To me its fun doin up these cars. I know in a flash if i had to i would sell off all 3 chassis i have now.

pink godzila
04-25-2008, 02:13 PM
blah i sold my black car. Thought about getting out.... To me its fun doin up these cars. I know in a flash if i had to i would sell off all 3 chassis i have now.

RWD all the way, 240sx are just so fun to drive and easy fix plus parts are not too expensive.

deadpirate
04-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Just sign up this forum not too long ago and seem all the nice 240sx picture in the picture thread, by the way Zilvia.net are best 240sx forum EVER!! around.
But sad to see many popular zilvia member are selling their 240sx right now. I belive all of the zilvian spend million of hours to work on their car also thousand of dollars spend on parts. I'm sure many of them have their reason for putting up their baby (240sx) for sale and getting out the game. It just so sad to see them gone and they most likely reposend Zilvia with their nice 240sx post up on forum.

For exmaple:
*ALEXTHESUS*PECT (Clean and Eye candy of your Red Coupe you got there)
*Eulalia (Clean black hatch)
*TheSquidd (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?&u=29558) (Miss the White Unicorn)

Hope one day you guys will be back on Zilvia again, but this time with a new project you got!!

*Grammer own me :bigok:

dont forget BH brian harte is selling his beautiful s14 also

Yuri
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Should I jump on the bandwagon and sell my S13.4 too?

s13poop
04-25-2008, 02:34 PM
NO!!! thats going in the museum or tastefully moded cars :keke:

deadpirate
04-25-2008, 02:34 PM
yuri

if u sell your car...california will erupt into flames

!Zar!
04-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Nut swinging user name posting nut swinging posts.

lol.

lflkajfj12123
04-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Nut swinging user name posting nut swinging posts.

lol.

haha. he's swinging from their nuts pube vines.

nut ridin' is in full effect.

IStop4NoMan
04-25-2008, 03:37 PM
hmm should i
-sell my car as is with super shitty pain and stock pignose, which no one will probably buy
or
-spend the 1000 bucks for origin kit and new paint job? and raise the price?

emersonLP
04-25-2008, 03:58 PM
My 240 was totaled so I guess Im out, but Im probably getting a 350z, so I think I can stay a member here right? I will just be one of the few who put the Z in zilvia.

DanS14RB
04-25-2008, 04:35 PM
I miss my S13...sold it about 4 years ago so I could buy my (now) wife an engagement ring...*sigh*
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn247/trboS13/12-dans13.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn247/trboS13/gallery_articles_NissanS13Dan_16.jpg

illvialuver
04-25-2008, 04:43 PM
To each his own. I doubt there will ever be a time in my life when I do not own an S chasis.
I know some people get tired of shit, and can't commit, but I don't care to me it is worth it.
I mean if you have your dream girl for a wife and some douche bags are always hitting on her are you gogin to go get a less desirable looking wife just so you don't have to watch out for some guy who could try to swoop in and steal her from you? I think cars and girls are the same. If I can't have my car and a girlfriend I would rather have my car. there is always Jill( hold your hand out in front of you with all your fingers pointing away from you and your fingers spell jill).
But like the old saying goes
"if it has tits or tires it's going to give you trouble"
S chasis for life.

pink godzila
04-25-2008, 04:49 PM
To each his own. I doubt there will ever be a time in my life when I do not own an S chasis.
I know some people get tired of shit, and can't commit, but I don't care to me it is worth it.
I mean if you have your dream girl for a wife and some douche bags are always hitting on her are you gogin to go get a less desirable looking wife just so you don't have to watch out for some guy who could try to swoop in and steal her from you? I think cars and girls are the same. If I can't have my car and a girlfriend I would rather have my car. there is always Jill( hold your hand out in front of you with all your fingers pointing away from you and your fingers spell jill).
But like the old saying goes
"if it has tits or tires it's going to give you trouble"
S chasis for life.

WE on the same boat~ HAHAHA

I rather have my car then a girl!!

DrtyRat
04-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't see me selling my S13. I have a realitivly stable life. I'm married, own a home, have a good paying job, and I put my son in private school. I slowly modify my car @ a pace that suits my budget. It seems like most of those selling are doing it because @ this time in their life they can't swing both a modified car, and school, wedding, etc.(finacially or time wise) I believe Alex said he was selling his car b/c of school, and you can't blame him. Edit:He's selling it b/c its not practical for his baby girl.

lflkajfj12123
04-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I miss my S13...sold it about 4 years ago so I could buy my (now) wife an engagement ring...*sigh*
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn247/trboS13/12-dans13.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn247/trboS13/gallery_articles_NissanS13Dan_16.jpg

for some reason i don't believe thats your car

proof?

!Zar!
04-25-2008, 07:46 PM

proof?

Don't be a hater...
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn247/trboS13/S14%20pics/240pics071.jpg That's the s14 he sold that had some tasteful mods done, as well as that car has the same, "jdm" license plate as the s13 in those pictures.

So, seems legit to me.

ILoveMyRHS13
04-25-2008, 07:49 PM
I've heard that some people sell them to start a new project. I love my baby too much to do that!

fliprayzin240sx
04-25-2008, 07:53 PM

proof?

And that mentality right there is more reason for the OGs to get the fuck out of the game. :doh:

3 yrs and ill find out if imma get the fuck out or not. When I get back stateside and depending on my situation, I may not want to get back into another S14. The drama and shinanigun associated with owning one now is just a turn off from the scene now. Too many fanboys and negative attention to it. I said it before and Ill say it again, only reason I bought a 240 back then was cuz nobody knew what it is and nobody gave a rats ass about it. Hell, who remembers the days when the only lowering spring you can find on the market for an S14 in the states were Eibach springs that liked to blow your stock shocks?

I love to drive my car more than I love my car I guess. Theres no point of having a car when I get too fucking paranoid and have to constantly watch my ass when I drive it. I dont need to go to a mall and worry whether or not my car will still be there when i get done buying shit from Best Buy. Nor do I wanna have some sleepless nights cuz Im too worried my car wont be there when I wake up the next morning...

This in essence has what the 240sx scene has turned into in my eyes. You can ask Kevin and Lisa how paranoid they are. They got back to Cali and they wont tell nobody where they live because they cant trust people enough that their stuff wont get fucked around with...

bizcotch
04-25-2008, 08:00 PM
the 240 is a great looking car and in my opinion, has aged well like fine wine. However, i believe there is a sort of love hate relationship about these cars when it comes to fixing and taking apart. Had my 240 for about 11 years until one day i got frustrated with it and went out and bought a brand new Z33 in '03. However, i couldn't bare the thougth of getting rid of it so i kept stored about 5 years.

fliprayzin240sx
04-25-2008, 08:02 PM
I think in a couple more years, Zilvia.net will live up to its name. We will have more and more 350Z owners in here...

bizcotch
04-25-2008, 08:08 PM
I think in a couple more years, Zilvia.net will live up to its name. We will have more and more 350Z owners in here...
However, only problem with the Z is that parts are expensive and its a pain in the ass to get 1 extra horsepower out of it. Was going to turbo my Z but decided to put the time and money into a car that can easily make more power for less

all show no go
04-25-2008, 08:09 PM
It's getting so ridiculous with the law too. i was sitting at a stop light, cop rolls up behind me, sees my exhaust, a nice and quiet N1 muffler.. pulls me over as soon as the light turns green and inspects my car, ( asks if i was street racing ) tells me to pop the ol' hood :bite: i barely had an RB20 put in a month ago and had to daily it until I could find another affordable car to get in instead, but there goes that.. he let me keep my car since i drove slow and he had been following me.. but just unexpected crap like this will get you outta the game. so im going to trade my buddy for his GTS corolla. Sucks though guys, hah my last one gets stolen, and this time i get Reffed.. Living in California has some advantages, but its worst place to have any kind of modified car.

DanS14RB
04-25-2008, 08:16 PM

proof?

Owned that car for 9 years, did the original swap at V-Spec in 1996. Check it out, one of my other cars featured in Jtuned.com my '04 G-sedan. (same plate)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn247/trboS13/gallery_articles_InfinitiG354Doo-1.jpg
Had a turbo on this one within 3 months of having it...

Anyhow...I love all the s chassis cars and I will hopefully be getting another one soon...all I was trying to say was I miss the first one i ever had...don't hate

bizcotch
04-25-2008, 08:17 PM
It's getting so ridiculous with the law too.
LOL.. tell me about it. Driving down the 5 northbound in city of commerce at about 55-60mph. CHP passing me by and all of the sudden brakes(his stop lights came on) and slows down next to me as if trying to observe and find a reason to pull me over. I guess our cars have notorious image

blasting_speed
04-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Exactly. Especially here in Cali where shit keeps getting stolen left and right!

Word. I keep having the check out my window to make sure my car is still there.

silviaz
04-25-2008, 08:24 PM
We'll see this summer what is going to happen. I own my car since 2002 and when I bought it I didn't know what was a 240sx coupe...

Last year, I couldn't let my car alone because there was always a punk kid looking at it..... someone even tried to steal my car in my face. (honda owner went with his gang and came out to steal my car)

Really, the drifting scene is getting way too much attention for the old fart like us.

DanS14RB
04-25-2008, 08:26 PM
I got sent to the state ref the other day for having an exhaust on my S14

lflkajfj12123
04-25-2008, 08:38 PM
hah alright nice i believe you

but there just happens to be a lot of people that claim ownership to other cars for cool points

pics of engagement ring thats better than having 240 :keke:

fliprayzin240sx
04-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Whats sad is thats what happend to my S14. Sold it, got out of debt and bought this...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/fliprayzin240sx/stuff/P3280376.jpg

The only good thing that happend was when i got here in Okinawa, I found an S14 that blew my old car away and cost $6k.