PDA

View Full Version : ugly crash on 405N in long beach just now

dert420sx
04-24-2008, 08:36 PM
i hope nobody has to go 405N between the 605 and 710 right now.

so im headed home two lanes over from the fast lane on the 405N just past the 605. i have about a car and a half length between me and the minvan ahead and about 3/4 car length behind the car in the lane to my left. this silver subaru sti cuts in front of me with less than 10 ft between us. i was only going about 70 so i let up on the gas and give him more distance. he then swerves in front of the car to my left, then into the fast lane cutting of a big chevy truck by inches!
the truck had to swerve into the carpool lane to avoid the dumbass.

i don't understand what happened next - either the truck swiped the sti or vice versa - but the next thing i see are both of them tangled together sliding across all the lanes less than a 100 ft in front of me.

they managed to snowball effect with a few other cars in the lanes to my right before they all smashed into the embankment beneath an overpass. all i can say is Thank God for ABS!

if the stupid sti driver lives he should have his balls cut off and fed to him for such a careless, reckless move.

i hope to God that nobody, except the subie driver, got hurt in that shit.

ps. if the shits hadn't creeped up on me while i was stuck on the 22, i woulda stopped to take pix. i had to get home.

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-24-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't wish harm on anyone. Lets just hope that everyone is ok but the Subie is totaled. It's just bad karma to wish harm on anyone no matter what they do.

dert420sx
04-24-2008, 08:51 PM
guess you're right, but he should face some consequences for causing such a horrific accident.

when i first posted, i had just gotten home. i guess the fact that it happened less than a 100ft in front of me had me a bit shaken. like it all happened in slow-mo, i saw the whole thing, and kinda knew something was gonna happen.

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-24-2008, 09:02 PM
yeah, back in the day I seen a 'vette get wedged under a truck after passing us going at least 90 and weaving in and out of traffic. The driver obviously died. Took his top half right off. No one deserves that no matter how bad they were driving. Hopefully this is a huge lesson to the driver of the Subie, not a last drive. Sheesh, I sound so grimm right now.

dert420sx
04-24-2008, 09:11 PM
i also hope that nobody else plowed into the minivan they spun that ended up broadside across the 2nd to the slow lane.

god, i bet traffic's a mess right now.

azndoc
04-24-2008, 09:17 PM
That sucks.

Yeah i wouldn't wish bad shit to happen to anyone. Just hopefully a very expensive lesson for the subie driver.

I hate it when others endanger other people's lives for nothing.

Im sure he thought that he was being a badass and showing off.

Sometimes people just don't understand the consequences of their actions.

OP, glad that you weren't involved in the crash.

markyboi
04-24-2008, 09:28 PM
you should be a witness to the accident

ronmcdon
04-24-2008, 09:36 PM
it's prob someone who got a car like that for the first time. i used to have a 06 sti, and the car was so quick and forgivable it instilled a sense of invincibility. certainly not good for ppl with low self restraint. I guess it's no coincidence why insurance premiums are so high for STi's in general. I think it will be even worse when the pricing on STi/EVO's drop to the pt where high school kids pick them up.

Xandy Boosts
04-24-2008, 10:05 PM
hmmm it should clear up by midnight. That's my road back from 24 hour fitness in cypress.

Few months back, on the 710S I had a car cut off a big rig right in front of me. Big rig swerved to the right to avoid it, then he came back left into his lane. His front came back in, but his load in the back didn't, he ended up jack knifing (I think that's jack knifing).

I don't have ABS in my car but I braked and downshifted down as fast as I could. I was looking forward and back because the idiot behind me was tail gating me. I was so shaken up afterwards though.

beeracing s14
04-24-2008, 10:34 PM
i hate subie drivers they think they're the shit!

Don Nguyen
04-24-2008, 10:44 PM

I think every car make has its own share of dumbass drivers.

KA24DESOneThree
04-24-2008, 11:07 PM
America, meet a product of your making.

The Subaru driver should face criminal and civil charges.

DOOK
04-24-2008, 11:10 PM

I AM THE SHIT :mrmeph: in all reality though... i don't drive an STi so I don't have any complex really I don't.

speedgod^s13
04-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Actually it is true. I have noticed that Subaru drivers, all think that they are hot shit, for some strange reason. I guess I would too, if my car looked like a 4x4.

DataXUnknown
04-24-2008, 11:49 PM
omg so true

luckily i was on that freeway at 3 and not 7 hahah man. i wish i woulda seen that. stupid subie drivers. i hate them all..with very few exceptions

dert420sx
04-25-2008, 09:57 AM
I don't have ABS in my car....

thankfully, my gf and i had switched cars for the day. if i was driving my 87 mr2 (daily beater) instead of her 07 civic i might have been in the crash too.

HWYKING
04-25-2008, 12:46 PM

not all are jerks, there are clowns in every car group fellas.

Actually it is true. I have noticed that Subaru drivers, all think that they are hot shit, for some strange reason. I guess I would too, if my car looked like a 4x4.

oh, and my car looks nothing like a 4x4 :D

dert420sx glad to hear youre ok bro.

speedgod^s13
04-25-2008, 02:36 PM

You are right, there are assholes everywhere. It's still pretty high. :)

dert420sx
04-25-2008, 03:02 PM

thanks man...............

HWYKING
04-25-2008, 03:16 PM
You are right, there are assholes everywhere. It's still pretty high. :)

yea i know.:(

thanks man...............

;) no problem g

steve shadows
04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
High School Kids + Rally Car + 710 = :cj:

The 710 is one of the deadliest freeways in the world. It's just aweful.

HWYKING
04-25-2008, 03:27 PM
High School Kids + Rally Car + 710 = :cj:

The 710 is one of the deadliest freeways in the world. It's just aweful.

+2 on that one. id have to say the 101 is a close 2nd. at least in the SFV, there are always accidents.

Xandy Boosts
04-25-2008, 03:32 PM
You know how much trash is on the 710? I've hit so much junk that I've stayed out of the left most lane. Shit is just sitting there now that they have barriers since they're doing something in the middle.

One time I was driving behind a pickup truck and there was a PIPE in the lane. The pickup in front of me ran over it with his tire and I just said fuck I'm going to get hit by that pipe. Luckily, instead of flying BACK at me, it went over to the North side of the freeway (I was heading South). Whew....

dert420sx
04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
You know how much trash is on the 710? I've hit so much junk that I've stayed out of the left most lane. Shit is just sitting there now that they have barriers since they're doing something in the middle.

One time I was driving behind a pickup truck and there was a PIPE in the lane. The pickup in front of me ran over it with his tire and I just said fuck I'm going to get hit by that pipe. Luckily, instead of flying BACK at me, it went over to the North side of the freeway (I was heading South). Whew....

wow, lucky it didn't impale you to your seat!

i almost hit a ladder, once, on the 710.

steve shadows
04-25-2008, 03:48 PM
lol

It really is that bad, like gardeners losing all their crap out of their jalopys onto the fwy.

INeedNewTires
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
OP: glad you saved your car, were you in an s chassis or a different daily

dert420sx
04-25-2008, 04:19 PM
OP: glad you saved your car, were you in an s chassis or a different daily

thanks.

luckily my gf and i switched cars that day. i was driving her 07 civic.

like i mentioned above, if i was driving my beater 87 mr2 i would have totally smashed into them...no power steering or ABS.

speedgod^s13
04-25-2008, 07:01 PM
At least Hawaii freeways aren't that fucked up. Can't say the same for our inner roads. With my daily, it isn't a problem. 240 with suspension, my spleen needs readjustment.