PDA

View Full Version : Question

speedgod^s13
04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
99% of my friends drive, and fix up Honda's. I drive a 240. Anyone in the same situation?

punxva
04-24-2008, 06:40 PM
yes... its like this everywhere, but i've got respect for them alot of the guys around here are running nice setups and are alot cleaner than their previous honda owners, plus they are starting to care about wheel fitment and being lowkey

ESmorz
04-24-2008, 07:05 PM
How many threads are you going to start today lol

Phlip
04-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes, with the only difference being that by "Honda," you would say "Chevy on wheels worth more than the car"

speedgod^s13
04-24-2008, 07:54 PM
yes... its like this everywhere, but i've got respect for them alot of the guys around here are running nice setups and are alot cleaner than their previous honda owners, plus they are starting to care about wheel fitment and being lowkey

That is true. I mean, I started off with a 97 Honda Prelude, which I loved to death. Until it got repossesed. My life went down the drain after that. Got my 240, and i've never looked back. My friends still help me out with my car, although sometimes I wished they had 240's too. Some things, they can't figure out on my car, and I have to turn to strangers, or Zilvia. I don't mind, it just takes more time. They respect my car, and I respect theirs.

jackjack
04-25-2008, 09:37 AM
most of the people i hang out with have different types of cars.

but......... i dont give a damn what you drive, as long as you're a cool/respectful person. you could drive the biggest pile/rice and if you're the ^above, i wouldnt say one thing.

i HATE cocky bastards.

TurboNetic05
04-25-2008, 09:59 AM
yup... my friends that are real into cars drive hondas. The others drive rustangs. I like their cars though and I dont give them any shit at all

KA-T_240
04-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Not quite that bad. I have the only modded 240 within probably 75/80 miles. Then there is 1 that sits in the garage, hasn't left for 2+ years. And another one is 1000 peices cause he keeps breaking shit.

DOOK
04-25-2008, 10:09 AM
of my best friends, they drive... acura ITR, Evo9, 07 WRX, 03 Mustang GT, VW R32... we are a diverse bunch

BustedS13
04-25-2008, 10:22 AM
my friends drive:
busted up, beaten down mid 90's bonneville
'08 base model civic (bought for fuel efficiency and warranty)
scion xA (bought for practicality)
'07 base Corolla
ford focus
chevy Aveo
second gen 3.2CL (purchased about a month after i got my 3.0CL, dirty motherfucker)
a pink dodge omni
some gay saturn
busted up cavalier

and so on and so forth. i know TWO people, TOTAL, who give half a shit about cars. one recently traded off his 6G celica project for a '99 buttstang gt, the other has a 350z.

i don't hang out with car people, and for that i am glad. it means i'm not ruining my clothes on a daily basis helping people out with their busted fuckbox rides.

MADE
04-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Been there done that awhile back all my friends I ran with were Japanese and drove Honda's. Nothing like being smoked by a Honda when driving a Nissan so I had to upgrade ! Its all good though no matter what you drive you all have the same interest.

aNskY
04-25-2008, 11:44 AM
most of my friends that even give a shit about cars drive 240's...but they are my friends origionally pretty much because of 240s, lol. couple friends have supras both mk3 and mk4, and my girl drives a b18c1 swapped del-sol (which is a huge piece of shit )

YoungGun
04-25-2008, 12:11 PM
My friends are a diverse crowd as well : DSM's, 240's, WRXs, Sti's, the list goes on, but I agree with what was posted above, as long as you're cool it doesn't really matter what you drive.

thestreetzking
04-25-2008, 12:30 PM
the one thing i hate is that a lot of my friends drive hondas (i mean jus normal accords with the usual ricer taillights) and they always talk so much shit about my car.. "Man ill get a b18 with a turbo and eat your shit all day, my ls turbo will rape you, i can get a hatch with a type r turbo and run 11s all day..".. and my reply to all this.. "Dude everyday you say different shit that will beat me and everyday I reply with I DONT FUCKING RACE I DONT CARE" but yet they go on and on.. this is what i hate

/rant..

everyone I hang out with does a lot of shows, my friends WRX is balls to the wall best subaru everywhere he goes, my friends spec v is always best of nissan, its a diverse group, eclipses, evos, wrxs, gto, and even some 240s (rhd rb26dett.. drool), also there are some very nice integras who almost never talk shit no matter what which is cool.

DataXUnknown
04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
man its the opposite for us lol

all my friends drive and fix up 240's...while we have one friend that drives and fixes up a honda civic.

its nice though...b20 swap, recaro seat blah blah blah

adictd2b00st
04-25-2008, 12:34 PM
nah, my friends are all over the place. honda/nissan/toyota/domestic...... same with the local car scene its pretty diverse

speedgod^s13
04-25-2008, 02:40 PM
the one thing i hate is that a lot of my friends drive hondas (i mean jus normal accords with the usual ricer taillights) and they always talk so much shit about my car.. "Man ill get a b18 with a turbo and eat your shit all day, my ls turbo will rape you, i can get a hatch with a type r turbo and run 11s all day..".. and my reply to all this.. "Dude everyday you say different shit that will beat me and everyday I reply with I DONT FUCKING RACE I DONT CARE" but yet they go on and on.. this is what i hate

/rant..

everyone I hang out with does a lot of shows, my friends WRX is balls to the wall best subaru everywhere he goes, my friends spec v is always best of nissan, its a diverse group, eclipses, evos, wrxs, gto, and even some 240s (rhd rb26dett.. drool), also there are some very nice integras who almost never talk shit no matter what which is cool.

They ain't really your friends. Get new ones.

kouki_silvia
04-25-2008, 02:48 PM

/rant..

They ain't really your friends. Get new ones.
i agree. sad to say but a true friend wouldnt do that. i believe theyre hating cuz youre being different and not like them and getting a honda like most kids. i know a couple of honda guys that were like that, until i broke em off. they think there fwd tricycle will rape anything. Im glad 240s arent really burnt out as hondas and i hope they dont get to that point;)

SDS13COUPE
04-25-2008, 03:33 PM
i agree. sad to say but a true friend wouldnt do that. i believe theyre hating cuz youre being different and not like them and getting a honda like most kids. i know a couple of honda guys that were like that, until i broke em off. they think there fwd tricycle will rape anything. Im glad 240s arent really burnt out as hondas and i hope they dont get to that point;)

Sorry pal. From what I see it's getting to that point. Left and right I am seeing 240's being transformed into heaps and it pisses me off, but what can you do. We should open a S-chassis preservation habitat to keep them from getting "Riced Out" by more band wagoner's.

exitspeed
04-25-2008, 03:36 PM
I've talked almost all my friends into buying 240's. I'm the biggest 240 cheerleader on here. I swear.

BustedS13
04-25-2008, 03:37 PM
240's have been "burnt out" for years now. but who gives a shit. if you like driving it then its mass appeal shouldn't matter to you
unless you're a fucking faggot poser who shouldn't be messing with cars

PhilthyS13
04-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I have one friend with a Honda and he barely changes the oil, let alone modify it. Most of my friends have 60's/early early 70's american muscle. Chevelles, Camaros, a Nova and even a Vette. They used to make fun of me. Now when they ride in the car they ask me to turn up the boost control...they love that.

I don't anticipate any converts because they love their smogless existence.

DUFFM4N
04-25-2008, 04:17 PM
coming from the honda "scene" pretty much im in the same situation as you...i told em all to fuck off and i made new friends :keke:

jk

but just cuz of the kind of car they drive, it doesnt keep me from hanging out with them, or going to meets with them (because honda owners are jealous of 240 wheel fitment :keke: )

Andrew Bohan
04-25-2008, 04:18 PM
for a while, most of my car friends had 240s

now a lot went to hondas
and some went to other cars

even i didn't have a 240 for 4 years

illvialuver
04-25-2008, 04:45 PM
I would not call tem my friends but the whole town of Fresno has been Honda crazy since way back, and still are, although now they respect 240s and other nissans.

speedgod^s13
04-25-2008, 07:09 PM
I would not call tem my friends but the whole town of Fresno has been Honda crazy since way back, and still are, although now they respect 240s and other nissans.

They better recognize!!! On a serious note; I love my Nissan. Yes, the 240 has countless flaws, but I can't help myself.

ByeByeSti
04-25-2008, 10:10 PM
hondas drive me nuts here in new hampshire. i went to the drags tonight, and there were idiots talking shit about a black 2jz supra....... when the car next to it was a gay ass turbo'd hatch civic.. gangsta kids talking about how much sicker the civic was thne the supra etc...

speedgod^s13
04-26-2008, 03:38 AM
hondas drive me nuts here in new hampshire. i went to the drags tonight, and there were idiots talking shit about a black 2jz supra....... when the car next to it was a gay ass turbo'd hatch civic.. gangsta kids talking about how much sicker the civic was thne the supra etc...

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

aNskY
04-26-2008, 09:06 AM

If they had $30k + to blow on a car, im sure they wouldnt be talking smack about the supra...

Flipzide
04-26-2008, 12:17 PM
My friends are owners of a variety of modified cars from Ford to Hondas to BMWs. Although, the friends I mostly hang out with every other day or so are Datsun/Nissan guys. Having a variety of friends with different car interests always makes conversations interesting.

Grendel
04-26-2008, 01:57 PM
I kind of want a honda. Just a clean old hatch with a B16... I don't think that would be too expensive... Probably better mileage than my SR anyways.

My friend drives a Kia, his S13 coupe with a CA is getting rebuilt. Other friend drives a new 350z and another guy drives a Cavallier. I used to have full of shit ricer friends, but I kind of avoid those type of people these days :)