PDA

View Full Version : need A/V help

genericforumname
04-24-2008, 04:30 PM
heres the situation, I have a 32" Samsung HDTV (720p/1080i) hooked up to both my ps3 and my 360. everything is great except that occasionally the audio will drop out but the video is unaffected. they are both hooked up with the same HD cable that I got from Sam's. my only thought is that it has to be the cables as those are the only similarity between those two entirely different systems. as far as when it happens, its happened while playing ps2 games (on the ps3), ps3 games, 360 games, dvd's (haven't watched blu-rays enough to see if it happens on those) and basically its annoying as hell when you're watching a cinema during a long game like ff and miss dialog because the audio drops out.

and if you need actual product numbers I can get those if some of these have had problems in the past.

SW20Racer
04-24-2008, 05:19 PM
audio is coming from tv speakers? or do you have a home-system?

and if you are using a system, what brand and what kind of speakers?

edit: did the problem start right after you installed the cable? and did you unplug everything before installing a new cable?

genericforumname
04-24-2008, 08:26 PM
the problem happens at random, and it seems to happen more often now, and I don't have a home theater its just from the tv speakers, on a similar note could it be the tv? did I just get a magic tv that has 2 crappy HDMI ports? also, don't some tv's have firmware like other hardware? could that be a problem that would create some compatibility issue?

by unplug do you mean unplug the power source before I switched input methods? like from component to hd? as far as my ps3 its never been hooked up with anything but HDMI but my 360 has been on component, but it was the component that shipped with the system that has an HDMI switch.

SW20Racer
04-24-2008, 11:33 PM
yeah, i mean like un plug everything from any power source kind of like how people reccomend you disconnect your car's battery before you install speakers or change a light bulb.

you could have have a t.v. with two crappy ports, its not IMPOSSIBLE. try to return it if you can...

the reason i dont suspect your cord, is because im using the same one. (i actually have the same tv, and its hooked up to a ps3.)

my problem is my screen is acting funny, which tells me these tv's aren't impervious to defects...

genericforumname
04-25-2008, 12:38 AM
yeah, I'll try that

on the issue of quality, I definitely didn't get the best one as it came out of the box with a dead pixel in the lower left corner...granted unless I'm within 3 feet of the screen while its all black I cant see it, I'm the kind of person thats annoyed by things like that. overall I'm a little disappointed, I think I probably should've gotten either a sony (my parents have a flawless 40") or that aquos with 1080p

pbcstylez
04-25-2008, 11:15 AM
samsungs have had issues in the past w/ audio dropping out look it up on google

flip3d
04-25-2008, 01:58 PM
does your tv have hdmi?