PDA

View Full Version : MS Word in email help please

gotta240
04-23-2008, 10:27 PM
I have an MS word document that i am trying to send through an email for buisness. The document has many green and red auto corrections that make the document look tacky. Is there a way to get rid of these auto "edit" marks when sending through an email?

thanks in advance

stinky_180
04-23-2008, 10:35 PM
well if they are indeed 'correction' marks, you need to correct them.

Dousan_PG
04-23-2008, 10:37 PM
no shit
fix the problems first before you send it

lflkajfj12123
04-23-2008, 10:37 PM
save the file and attach it i dont think it will show up

and

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

ask a mod to move to off topic for u

luftrofl
04-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I have an MS word document that i am trying to send through an email for buisness. The document has many green and red auto corrections that make the document look tacky. Is there a way to get rid of these auto "edit" marks when sending through an email?

thanks in advance

The green and red autocorrection marks won't look as tacky as the errors and mistakes will. :duh:

kenshinS14sks
04-23-2008, 10:39 PM
see if the "track changes" is selected under the tools tab,also in the "reviewing" toolbar (if not already selected, can be found through "view-> toolabrs") try selecting final

JRas
04-23-2008, 10:45 PM
are you sending it as an attachment or in the actual email?

if it's an attachment when they open it, ms word on their computer will automatically show those green/red lines.

if you send it in an actual email, they shouldn't see any squiggly lines.

you can block them on your own computer by just right clicking on them and clicking ignore ( or something on the lines of that ), recommend you make sure they are correct though you don't want to ignore a word that is spelled incorrectly.

you could always print and send them a copy via mail, if you are that anal

gotta240
04-24-2008, 08:39 AM
see if the "track changes" is selected under the tools tab,also in the "reviewing" toolbar (if not already selected, can be found through "view-> toolabrs") try selecting final

Thank you!

:fawkd:
T o the rest of you... NO SHIT! haha. I wouldn't have asked this question if they still needed to be fixed. MS word tries to correct names and places even if they are correct. It also does not always know the best way to punctuate a sentance... Its helpfull but not perfect.

gotta240
04-24-2008, 08:42 AM
are you sending it as an attachment or in the actual email?

if it's an attachment when they open it, ms word on their computer will automatically show those green/red lines.

if you send it in an actual email, they shouldn't see any squiggly lines.

you can block them on your own computer by just right clicking on them and clicking ignore ( or something on the lines of that ), recommend you make sure they are correct though you don't want to ignore a word that is spelled incorrectly.

you could always print and send them a copy via mail, if you are that anal

Damn, thats what i was afraid of. It has to be sent via attachment as it is mandatory for the application process that i am going through. Any other suggestions? (again, its the names, locations, and a few puntuations that its trying to correct)

Mods- Move this if needed please. It was late and i don't know wtf i was thinking. thanks

Gnnr
04-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Save it as a PDF. No squiggly lines...

kenshinS14sks
04-24-2008, 09:06 AM
you can also F7 . . . or spell check and "ignore all" in which might negate the errors... if it's the green and red lines im thinking about, they may be changes that have been tracked for the purpose of proof-editing

btw, shiouldnt this be in off-topic chat?

gotta240
04-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Save it as a PDF. No squiggly lines...

How please? I'm legally computer retarded.

Gnnr
04-24-2008, 09:20 PM
This website seems to be able to do it for free. Just upload and it should output a PDF for you.

http://www.pdfonline.com/