PDA

View Full Version : KA vs. SR

ClutchKickThatBitch
04-23-2008, 03:39 PM
So im thinking about droping in a new motor into my 91 coupe but i dont know what to pick. Should i stick to the KA or go for a SR i wanna know the pros and cons between the two. My friends recomended not to do SR because it has alot of problems and is expencive to fix so whats your opinion..

Pank
04-23-2008, 03:44 PM
this has never been discussed here so i'm curious as to the brand new opinions everyone will have. Its clear that you did search, but found no threads, b/c this is a pretty new choice for people to make.

kapowerhicomp1
04-23-2008, 03:50 PM
So im thinking about droping in a new motor into my 91 coupe but i dont know what to pick. Should i stick to the KA or go for a SR i wanna know the pros and cons between the two. My friends recomended not to do SR because it has alot of problems and is expencive to fix so whats your opinion..
go......................kapower................... .........

TiNMAN
04-23-2008, 03:51 PM
i like kickin clutches.

Blurryeyes
04-23-2008, 03:51 PM
this has never been discussed here so i'm curious as to the brand new opinions everyone will have. Its clear that you did search, but found no threads, b/c this is a pretty new choice for people to make.

LOL, :drama: This is going to get interesting.

azndoc
04-23-2008, 03:52 PM
:loco::rant::smash::smash::smash::smash::duh::duh: :duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::rl::bash: :bash::bash::bash::bash:

ALTRNTV
04-23-2008, 04:03 PM
this has never been discussed here so i'm curious as to the brand new opinions everyone will have. Its clear that you did search, but found no threads, b/c this is a pretty new choice for people to make.this has never been discussed here so i'm curious as to the brand new opinions everyone will have. Its clear that you did search, but found no threads, b/c this is a pretty new choice for people to make.this has never been discussed here so i'm curious as to the brand new opinions everyone will have. Its clear that you did search, but found no threads, b/c this is a pretty new choice for people to make.this has never been discussed here so i'm curious as to the brand new opinions everyone will have. Its clear that you did search, but found no threads, b/c this is a pretty new choice for people to make.this has never been discussed here so i'm curious as to the brand new opinions everyone will have. Its clear that you did search, but found no threads, b/c this is a pretty new choice for people to make.

In other words, go with a KA.

Baka Sama
04-23-2008, 04:04 PM

Whats SR? Is that the canadian motor they put in Silvias?? You should go SR cause not many people have them here. :naughty: Dont worry about fixing it. When it breaks down you can always sell it for 7k on craigslist!

Oh and dont worry about the strict emssion testing they do in california or anything. Just sell your USDM Silvia and buy a JDM one from japan and import it here. I think its easier that way!

Hope this helps and good luck.
-PS, make sure you post progress pics only in "build" thread in the Chat section!

cuddlesthesheep
04-23-2008, 04:05 PM
in other words.. hah i wonder if philip or exitspeed will allow this to stay open.

k's_silvia2.0
04-23-2008, 04:08 PM
The tread title made me laugh soooo hard right now!

cuddlesthesheep
04-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Could be a joke?... Nope probably not.

These guys are just going to dog you so here is some serious advice.
Sir you would be much better with a B16 in it.

S13_Nightkid
04-23-2008, 04:12 PM
:werd: ^^^
sounds like its gonna get derrtyyy

TooForOh
04-23-2008, 04:13 PM
uh ohhhh spaghetttii-ooooo'ssssss

KA-T_240
04-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Do both....

KA block with a SR head. Then you can have the 2.4L and have the high revving head. and tell people you have a sr24det.... I am serious!

cuddlesthesheep
04-23-2008, 04:24 PM
or an LS1 with an STI head and twin turbo supercharge that shit, can you imagine, that... and all wheel drive, that will put the SR24DET to shame.

ClutchKickThatBitch
04-23-2008, 04:25 PM
HAHAHA oh boy im gonna get so much neg rep for this lol...

cuddlesthesheep
04-23-2008, 04:26 PM
yeah.... about that... yeah...

sunnys14
04-23-2008, 04:27 PM
HAHAHA oh boy im gonna get so much neg rep for this lol...

You sure will, considering you fail at life.

Yuri
04-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Search is spelled S E A R C H.
You must have clicked on FAQ by mistake.

Because obviously you haven't searched if you can't find a thread that has been reposted so many times, I can think of 3 times in the past few months they have been locked.

It's an understandable mistake, so now that you know which icon to click on, I think you will have more luck finding what you are looking for.