PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds thread review. Bump it up

schmiddr2
04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
My thread was closed for bumps. I am not mad because I broke the rule (Do not Bump your topic more then twice, please only bump your item when your it’s at the bottom or off the page. Any items bumped more then two times will be closed. If you need to bump it more then this, then re-evaluate your item being sold and post it again). I really do appreciate being able to use this board and I appreciate how professionally is setup and maintained. Sorry to have broke the rule, but do locked threads help anyone? Look at this thread
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=181339&page=3
Is there any difference between saying “come on, somebody buy this” and saying “bump”. So many examples of this! Just look around. What about “pm’s replied”? And “updated picture/prices”? How about “new price”? These bumps? Or does the post need to contain the word “bump” to be considered a bump?
You can only bump twice. I know this makes sense when selling a few things, but what about selling hundreds or very specific parts? The bumps in question were over a period of 20+ days. I feel I am doing this board a service since many people come here to find parts. I’m not special but I am helpful. Think about it.
The search feature is meant to help find stuff, but its obvious people don’t use it enough because when my thread is on 1st page it gets hit 3x as much.
I respond through pm’s to keep the thread clean and to give individual prices, but this rule does not promote that at all. People are better off responding on the thread. You should re-evaluate your classifieds. Just a thought.I am not complaining, I’m happy to be here. I’m really just trying to give ideas for ways to better the board. And honestly I am not sure how much longer I’ll be here anyway since I sold my other 240 although I would like to get another one. On to the ideas: How about classifieds being narrowed down a little. Start with s13 and s14 option. Oem, JDM, or aftermarket. Sr20 or ka24. Drivetrain, electrical, body. I guess what I am suggesting is find a way to narrow down the classifieds page for similar items. Would be much less bumping and it would be easier to find parts. Or, how about a huge list of parts that covers the realm of what might be bought and sold in classifieds. When someone opens the classifieds, there is a list of the parts, still could have a narrow down by part type, then you select say “brakes”, and all threads containing calipers, rotors, pads, lines, etc. are listed. Check rockauto.com as an idea for this. Basically it’s like a search engine for classifieds. People who go to the classifieds are looking for specific part(s) anyway. Some search for just whatever and they should still be able to do that. I believe the classifieds section format cannot be the same as the tech talk section or any other for that matter. I know this takes time and money to change, but now you have new pages to do related advertising with vendors. I certainly am no expert on building websites, but when I took apart a car and helped many others get their cars back on the road I feel I’ve done some service on here. I’ve shipped parts all over the country and people have driven hundreds of miles to pick up parts. I’ve sold a few thousand dollars in stuff on here and similar sites and I thank you zilvia for allowing me to prosper here. Please take what I have said as help/ideas and not as criticism.

Helghast
04-22-2008, 11:44 PM
stop bitching.

<3

kdashy
04-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Maybe you should break up one huge post into a few smaller posts that are chassis specific. Itll be easier for people to identify what youre selling from just the thread title and spread out your "bump" limits.

schmiddr2
04-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Maybe you should break up one huge post into a few smaller posts that are chassis specific. Itll be easier for people to identify what youre selling from just the thread title and spread out your "bump" limits.

LOL. Spread out my "bump" limits. It's a partout btw. It's all one chassis.

Dousan_PG
04-22-2008, 11:54 PM
start a new thread after those 20 some days

S14DB
04-22-2008, 11:58 PM
What the hell are you talking about? You bumped it 7 times on 1 page. Thread was 3 pages long. Doesn't seem excessive to you?

Did you even read the For Sale Rules and Guidelines?
Ammendment:

If you make a thread, and then bump it twice.. if you are the only poster in the thread, I'm locking it.
I don't want to hear any crap over this.

Also, do not reply to your post saying:
"Replied to emails"
"Replied to PMs"
"Added pics"
"Updated prices"
"Item has been sold"
or anything else that a viewer of the thread can figure out by looking at the thread.

These are all blatant forms of bumping.

If your thread has been updated, edit the title to say *updated*. Edit the original post. Don't tack on extra posts. The fewer users posting in your thread, the less slack I am going to cut you. Our users can and will search for parts. This necessity to get on the first page is rediculous.
-Jeff

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=21037