PDA

View Full Version : Unorthodox Racing Accessory Pulleys for the KA

Aaronsx
04-21-2008, 01:57 PM
I have been talking about this in the chat forum for a week now, so here is the group buy. For those who don't already know, Unorthodox Racing used to make a complete "Ultra SS" underdrive pulley set for the KA24DE. Production of this set is discontinued, with the exception of the crankshaft pulley that is still sold seperately. The full sets have become fairly sought after parts, and are just about impossible to get. This might be the only chance you ever get to own a new set of accessory pulleys.

Pulley Information:

This group buy is for the three accessory pulleys. The crank shaft pulley is not included. According to UR, these pulleys are for the KA24DE and not the KA24E. Also, it is very important to note that because of the way this set is designed, these accessory pulleys are stock size and lightened. All of the underdriving is actually done at the crank pulley, so this is a great option for those who want only lightened pulleys or who are concerned about harmonic balancing issues with the crankshaft pulleys.

The full set, including crank pulley, was tested in an Import Tuner article (http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0210it_1996_nissan_240sx_se/index.html) and yielded 12whp and 6tq as shown in the dyno graph below.

http://images.importtuner.com/models/0210it_powerpages05_zoom.jpg

Another picture of the full set from the same article:

http://images.importtuner.com/models/0210it_powerpages04_zoom.jpg

An installed picture of the full set submitted by Zilvia member Super240sx7185:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42/shadowcat343/CIMG1978.jpg

The finish on these pulleys is polished aluminum. Other colors are not available, as they would cause unnecessary complication and cost. You can anodize them yourself, or send them out to have the work done for you. My personal set will eventually be anodized purple. :)

Group Buy Information:

The final pricing on this group buy for the Unorthodox Racing accessory pulleys is set at $245, which includes shipping to the continental US. PM me if you need these shipped elsewhere and we will work out something. The increase from projected pricing is due to factors I did not expect or initially figure in accurately. These costs include the following: hosting this group buy on Zilvia, repackaging the pulleys for shipment to indivuals after I receive the bulk shipment from UR, and the Paypal fees that I will accrue when I take payments.

Stage 1: Hitting the Minimum

This part of the group buy begins now and will last until May 11. Unorthodox Racing will produce a minimum of 40 sets, so if we do not reach that number by May 4, the deal is off.

Stage 2: Collection of Payment

This part of the group buy will be begin May 19. Assuming we reach the 40 person minimum, you will have one week to send in your money. I will post my Paypal information at that point. The deadline to send in your money is May 27.

Stage 3: Production and Shipping

UR will be squeezing the production of this pulley set into their already full production schedule, so the sets will take 4-5 weeks to produce. I will do my very best to have this product in your mailbox in six weeks.

How to participate:

If you wish to participate in the group buy, first, make sure you've read up on how a group buy works (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=72949). This is the standard type group buy.

Next, take note of the deadlines, and make sure you can meet them. If you sign up, it is your responsibility to make sure you have cash in hand by May 5 to send in for the group buy.

If you've got all your ducks in a row, please add your name to the list by replying to this thread with "I'm in," and include your full name.

I hope this thread answers all of your questions. Feel free to ask if you need any other information.

Forum Moderators, I have already paid the group buy fee, so let me know if you need further information about that before you delete this thread. I spent alot of time getting this written up right. Thanks!

Group Buy Participants:

1. AaronSX (Aaron Anderson)
2. Apex (Johnny Valle)(Zilvia)
3. My S14 (Josh Loiselle)(Zilvia)
4. Ahboy 401 (chomreun sun)?(Zilvia)
5. G3Bio (KA-T.org)
6. Poziden (Alan Soe)(Zilvia)
7. RedEvil RPS13 (Zilvia)
8. Celica3SGTE94 (Nicoclub)
9. 95Blue240sx (Zilvia)
10. Glitched (Shawn Anderson)(Nicoclub)
11. Andrew 28 (Andrew Turba)(Nicoclub)
12. HKSDrifter (George Lysenko)(Zilvia)
13. D1GP (Zilvia)
14. Spike 240 (Justin Green)(Nicoclub)
15. Hustlervibes (Mark Alvarez)(Zilvia)
16. S14Nismo21 (KA-T.org)
17. S14_Legend (Zilvia)
18. Ballboygordon (Aaron P.)(Houston240sx)
19. kylerobertson (Kyle Robertson) (Nicoclub)
20. dwada (Zilvia)
21. ae13bravo (Alex Esquivel)(Zilvia)
22. 98Koukile (Zilvia)
23. NY240 Rican (Ray Roman)(Zilvia)
24. Ajax (David Schneider) (Nicoclub)
25. 1sikS13 (NicoClub)
26. DreamN (Zilvia)
27. DrivenS13 (Zilvia)
28. G3Bio+1 (KA-T.org)

Fielded questions so far:

Q: Can I get this in pretty colors?
A: No, see above.

Q: Will this work on the KA24E
A: Unorthodox Racing says that this application is specifically for the KA24DE.

Q: Can I get a crank pulley with it?
A: No, but I'm sure one of the forum sponsors can set you up with one at a good price.

Q: What type of sales credibility and reputation do you have?
A: This is the first group buy I've hosted, so honestly, not much from a seller standpoint. You can look up my ebay tag if you like. It's 3wheelhouston.

Q: What's your name?
A: Aaron Anderson

Q: What phone number can people contact you at?
A: Cell# 832-741-0497 Feel free to txt or call and chat if it will ease your worries.

Q: What other forums are you on?
A: Here is a list of forums I am a member of and regularly visit. My user tag will be either
AaronSX or AaronSpecV. It's FormerEdge4.0 on Ranger Power Sports.

Houston-Imports.com
Texasnissans.com
teamthirdcoast.org
houston240sx.com
houstonperformancedriving.com
nicoclub.com
ka-t.org
rangerpowersports.com

Those are the ones I currently visit daily. I can list more, but I'm not as active.

Thanks for the questions, all. I probably should have posted some personal information in the
initial post. I tried to cover everything, but I missed this and I apologize. I've participated in
several group buys myself as a buyer, so I understand your concerns.

From a buyer's standpoint, group buys and internet shopping in general are both huge trust
issues done largely on good faith. For example, I just sent someone I don't know that lives
on the other side of the country over $500 for a turbo I've never seen except for pictures.
I'm still praying that it shows up on my doorstep in condition as advertized on the forums.

But with that said, I will provide you and anyone else with any reasonable personal
information you require to make you feel as comfortable as possible with the situation. Let me know if you have any other questions.

my S14
04-21-2008, 08:45 PM
im in - Josh Loiselle (my s14)

Aaronsx
04-21-2008, 11:59 PM
You guys help me spread the word about this!

ahboy401
04-22-2008, 12:05 AM
im down! - chomreun sun (hatch)

are you going to add up people who wants in from other forums later?

Aaronsx
04-22-2008, 01:22 AM
are you going to add up people who wants in from other forums later?

No. I've just forwarded people from other forums links to this thread. Is there a forum in particular where you think I should post the information?

I can't do it on nicoclub.

Also, forgive me, but I'm confused by your post here:

chomreun sun (hatch)

The first part is your name, I think, but what's with the "(hatch)" part?

GTS
04-22-2008, 07:35 AM
I'm interested.

GTS - Sam T.

Aaronsx
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Added to the list. We're getting there, slowly.

Aaronsx
04-23-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm inquiring with other site admins (freshalloy, 240sxforums, etc.) to see if I can get permission to post this there. Any other suggestions?

my S14
04-23-2008, 10:22 AM
forums.240sxone.com

its a local new england forum theyre pretty cool they might let ya

Aaronsx
04-23-2008, 10:55 AM
What's your SN there, so I can at least say you referred me?

EDIT: Just got permission to post this on Nicoclub. w00t!

poziden
04-23-2008, 01:49 PM
i'm in. alan soe

edit: try ka-t.org since this is for the ka

Antihero983
04-23-2008, 01:53 PM
add me to the list.

also, hit the new england forums, 240sxone.com

Aaronsx
04-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Red Evil, can I get your full name? I'm trying to get permission to post the gb on 240sxone and on ka-t right now. I just posted a thread on 240sxone asking for permission, so if you guys want to help it get some attention from the admins, that would be great.

Antihero983
04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
pmed you.

msglngth

98koukile
04-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Well it looks like 40 sets is going to be impossible, hell people have a damn hard time getting 10 240 owners to do something

Aaronsx
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Chill man. This group buy has only been going for two days. It's open for two weeks to try to meet the minimum, and I'm hoping to add at least three more forums to this. I just added Nicoclub today. If we keep adding people at the current rate, we will hit the goal. Are you interested, or did you just come in here to moan?

Aaronsx
04-23-2008, 10:02 PM
**EDIT** Just added KA-T.org to the group buy. Woohoo!

95Blue240sx
04-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Im in. just let me know when you need the moola

Aaronsx
04-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Can I get your name please?

Also, on another forum, it was brought up that if we get close to 40, but not all the way there, the remaining sets could be sold on ebay easily.

If an individual or one of the forum sponsors wants to buy several sets for resale, I have no problem with that. These pulleys may never be available again, so I'm quite sure they could be sold for a profit.

glitched
04-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Is it possible to get this group buy on the main page with the advertisers specials?

Aaronsx
04-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Sure would be nice. If there's an admin or a moderator reading this, would you care to chime in on that?

alkemyst
04-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Would have been nice to know this a week ago when I called UR.

They told me there was absolutely no plans for the accessory pulleys.

Aaronsx
04-24-2008, 04:46 PM
There aren't. Unorthodox Racing has no plans to start stocking these pulleys again, so the only way to get them is to buy a whole production run. That is the purpose of this group buy. They have already agreed to do a smaller than normal run to help us out, so why don't you get in on this group buy? It might be your only chance.

alkemyst
04-24-2008, 05:00 PM
money was spent. :)

Aaronsx
04-24-2008, 05:34 PM
money was spent. :)

I'm sorry to hear that. No more $$$ in a few weeks?

HKSdrift3r
04-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Im in as well. George Lysenko.

You should also try importfanatix.com and tristatetuners.com. They are some local forums that have many 240sx owners. Give it a shot!

D1GP
04-27-2008, 11:01 AM
i'm down for a set.

Aaronsx
04-27-2008, 02:56 PM
What's your name D1GP?

hustlervibes
04-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm in. Mark Alvarez

I hope we can get enough people in on this. I've been wanting a set of these for a while now.

Aaronsx
04-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah. There are alot of people who have. We just have to make sure they know that there's a way to get them.

95Blue240sx
04-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Does UR provide the belt lengths we need?

s14_legend
04-28-2008, 10:20 AM
count me in on a set... i have been trying to find these...pm when this is going to happen

Aaronsx
04-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Does UR provide the belt lengths we need?

As far as belt lengths, the underdriving is all done by the crank pulley. These are stock size and lightened so until you have the crank pulley, you won't need to change belts. Once you get it, the information used to be on the belt guide on the UR website. Check there. If it's not, I'll make sure I talk to Shawn and get it for you.

count me in on a set... i have been trying to find these...pm when this is going to happen

All of the information on the time frame is accurate so far as stated in the group buy post. Can I get your name please?

Aaronsx
04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
We're almost halfway there. Let's keep the momentum going.

trsilvias13
04-29-2008, 04:01 PM
Count me in on this.

Aaronsx
04-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Count me in on this.

Can I get your name please? Also, make sure you tell your KA-Powered friends about this. We have a ways to go before we reach our number! We're halfway there.

fluidd
04-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I think my belt that came with my pulley set needs to be replaced, as it is starting to squeal.

Any idea if you can get a deal on the belts, and how much they would cost?

Please let me know, thanks!

HKSdrift3r
04-30-2008, 09:20 PM

local auto parts store?? :loco:

Aaronsx
05-01-2008, 12:52 AM
So I take it you're not interested in the group buy? I'm not a business, so I don't get deals on other products.

glitched
05-01-2008, 10:00 AM
maybe try other larger less specific forums? does cardomain have forums?

mayb you could actually "sell" pre-orders on ebay? I've seen this done before for stuff, dunno about group buys...

If it comes down to like 38 or 39 orders at the last minute, I'll probably spring for a 2nd set to resell...

I'm gonna check craigslist to see if they have rules about group buys...
*edit, I dont specifically see any rules not allowing potential group buys...
perhaps we should post ads in our local craigslist sites?
how should we post them? copy past main op's post?

I tried to post it to both madison wi and milwuakee wi and it would only let me post it to one of them :(
http://madison.craigslist.org/pts/663599077.html

95Blue240sx
05-01-2008, 10:07 AM
I think my belt that came with my pulley set needs to be replaced, as it is starting to squeal.

Please let me know, thanks!

Take your existing belt to an local auto store, Napa if possible, and they can measure it. Or they can get the number off the old one and cross reference to correct length.

Aaronsx
05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
maybe try other larger less specific forums? does cardomain have forums?

mayb you could actually "sell" pre-orders on ebay? I've seen this done before for stuff, dunno about group buys...

If it comes down to like 38 or 39 orders at the last minute, I'll probably spring for a 2nd set to resell...

I'm gonna check craigslist to see if they have rules about group buys...
*edit, I dont specifically see any rules not allowing potential group buys...
perhaps we should post ads in our local craigslist sites?
how should we post them? copy past main op's post?

I tried to post it to both madison wi and milwuakee wi and it would only let me post it to one of them :(
http://madison.craigslist.org/pts/663599077.html

Yeah, IDK. We'll see if some more people jump on board. I'll contact UR to see if they will work with what we've got when the time comes. How would you guys feel about me leaving the GB open for another week?

hustlervibes
05-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm fine with that as long as we can get them.

98koukile
05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I was interesting in picking up a set when I made my previous post, I just saw it as an unobtainable goal. If you reach 40 count me in for a set

95Blue240sx
05-02-2008, 10:25 AM
I dont mind the extra week.

my S14
05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
im down for an extra week i feel the same as everyone else as long as week can get the pulleys ill do what i have to do.

Aaronsx
05-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Alright. I'm leaving it open for another week. Get in on this!

hustlervibes
05-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Are we still stuck at 20 people? Or has the OP not been updated recently?

ae13bravo
05-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Count me in. So how many are we now???:confused:

Alex Esquivel

Aaronsx
05-05-2008, 10:08 PM
^This guy makes 23. I'll update it now.

UPDATED. Come on people. Let's at least make 30 so I can have some bargaining power with UR. :)

ae13bravo
05-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Since the date got extended when do i need to give the money????

s14_legend
05-07-2008, 03:57 PM
yeah people ... get in on this while you can

IHasLongTorso
05-08-2008, 12:54 AM
When is the due date for the money. I need to know so I can let you know if I can get 2 sets or not.

Aaronsx
05-08-2008, 03:49 AM
When I extended the group buy, I updated all dates in the first post. There's one more person I need to add, but I'm tired and it's 5am.

I'm going to talk to UR and show them the list we have at the end of this week, 40 sets or not, and see if they'll work with us. You'd think that they'd stock whatever we can't buy.

There are still some missing names. I need first and last names for this to look professional please.

95Blue240sx
05-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Ben Reduta Jr.

I dont think I gave my name

Snoopy
05-08-2008, 08:56 PM
nvm. just counted my funds

DreamN
05-09-2008, 04:35 AM
I'd definitely like a set of these. Jimmy Vaquerano

Thanks for telling me Mark. :bigok:

DreamN
05-10-2008, 03:33 AM
What's the word on this?

Aaronsx
05-10-2008, 04:26 AM
The word is that unless 22 more people jump on board or unorthodox will lower the production number, this isn't going to happen. I'm going to keep a list of your names and see if I can talk to another supplier about doing full sets. I will let you know then.

alkemyst
05-10-2008, 06:48 AM
hopefully those signing up have the cash too...nothing like getting a groupbuy together only to have half the dudes want lay away :)

I wish i had $250 burning a hole in my wallet right now.

drivens13
05-11-2008, 11:13 AM
I would like to get in on this ,so i hope we can work out something with another distributor

a_ahmed
05-11-2008, 12:50 PM
So who can actually get this magical crank pulley that losens weight and increases HP (as its indicated its the crank pulley that does the magic these are just additional items).

FRpilot
05-11-2008, 01:19 PM
the UR crank pulley is still in production afaik and you should be able to order it from any of their distributors or shops who sells things. it retails around $220+ or so for the crank pulley.

alkemyst
05-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I would like to get in on this ,so i hope we can work out something with another distributor

That's not going to make a difference.

IMHO the underdrive part of the equation isn't worth much...it's the actual lightening that makes the biggest difference. If these companies would just offer a lightened stock drive set I am sure the HP between that and underdrives would be rather insignificant.

The nice thing about these pulleys is on the KA which is not a great balanced engine is you can keep your stock pulley with dampener and pick up some HP savings all the while running your accessories properly.

I have spoke to a few people that have actively tracked and told me they had front main seal problems with their KA's (some said with SR's they ran they never had the same problems) and non-harmonic dampened crank pulleys. Once they switched back they were fine. Some of these guys sell the pulleys yet still told me they would not recommend them unless I wanted to expect seal changes and with that accept there is probably other damage being done. So far no one has blown up an engine AFAIK, replacing the front main seal is not difficult, but not how I want to spend a weekend keeping my driveway clean :).

These pulleys I don't see anyone else duplicating esp at only $250 (about $60 per pulley). IMHO this is a great deal and one that's going away.

I wish I could get in on this...just a really bad time for me esp now I am looking at a new A/C compressor for my wife's car. The past 4 months have been a nightmare.

I really hope this gets pulled off as it's one of the few mods you can truly feel on the butt dyno and at the same time brings a pretty upgraded look to your engine bay.

alkemyst
05-11-2008, 05:48 PM
the UR crank pulley is still in production afaik and you should be able to order it from any of their distributors or shops who sells things. it retails around $220+ or so for the crank pulley.

It's $208 direct, Summit Racing was great on these at right around $200.

There is a rumor that they have discontinued the crank pulley and after current stock is gone, it too is out.

I spoke with UR directly last month and they did not mention this, but it's being posted on NICO.

95Blue240sx
05-12-2008, 09:24 AM
If you cant get a UR crank pulley just get the ASP one. Thats what I have on my car and its been great.

Aaronsx
05-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Alright guys, GREAT NEWS! UR has agreed to drop the minimum to 30 sets and keep the price the same. We need five more people in on this and a little luck. Let's keep this going!

P.S. I just updated. We're at 27 people.

s14_legend
05-12-2008, 01:15 PM
definitely great news....good job at putting this together for all of us

Alright guys, GREAT NEWS! UR has agreed to drop the minimum to 30 sets and keep the price the same. We need five more people in on this and a little luck. Let's keep this going!

P.S. I just updated. We're at 27 people.

DreamN
05-12-2008, 01:22 PM
c'mon more ppl jump on this!

poziden
05-12-2008, 01:58 PM
this tickles my willy...

my S14
05-12-2008, 07:13 PM
just a couple more guys

Aaronsx
05-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm glad you guys are staying pumped about this. I was afraid that some would drop off if we had to extend the deadline. Thanks for the motivation.

a_ahmed
05-13-2008, 09:08 AM
this tickles my willy...

rotflmao :ghey:

GTS
05-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Please remove my name from the list. I've come across some unforeseen issues that I have to deal with first before committing to this.

Aaronsx
05-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Okay. Let us know if anything changes. :-/

I appreciate you coming out and telling us now instead of just not sending your money when it comes time for that. Good on you. :cool:

DreamN
05-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Post this on 240sxforums.com, freshalloy, ka-t.org, and even altima forums. it'll definitely get the numbers up.

Aaronsx
05-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Post this on 240sxforums.com, freshalloy, ka-t.org, and even altima forums. it'll definitely get the numbers up.

240sx forums and Freshalloy won't allow me to post. The owner of fresh Alloy is who I will be going to if we can't get them from UR in the end.

It's on KA-T.org already. Poor participation there.

I think the pulleys are different for the altimas. Not 100% sure, but I don't want anyone pissed if they don't fit.

DreamN
05-15-2008, 02:34 AM
why won't 240sxforums.com let you post? Are you a new member? I can post this info for you with no issue if you'd like. I am the REP God on there after all :D

s14_legend
05-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Im Itching To Install Already Lol

Aaronsx
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
why won't 240sxforums.com let you post? Are you a new member? I can post this info for you with no issue if you'd like. I am the REP God on there after all :D

Because I'm not a site sponsor. I've already contacted the admins, and they told me no. I've already started working on our other source for pulleys in case this falls through. Be patient, and I'll make this happen. Because source number 2 won't be from UR, I'm sure we'll get better prices.

my S14
05-18-2008, 04:04 PM
is there anyone who is buying two that would bring us up to thirty set,

thats how many we need unless im mistaken

Aaronsx
05-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Alright guys, that's 29. I hope someone else jumps on board, but I'll buy the last set if I have to. I just don't want to drag this out any longer.

My email address for paypal is [email protected] Please send your payments in ASAP. I'll change the deadlines now. Until I actually order the pulleys, this group buy will remain open. Please contact me via text message, phone, or email for the latest information. Thank you.

Aaronsx
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Alright, I've set the deadline at May 27. Please do your best to have your money sent by that time so we can get the order moving!

98koukile
05-19-2008, 10:31 PM
My job is withholding my checks because I didn't pick them up last week so hopefully I get them in time. Damn bills all come in the middle of the month now

s14_legend
05-21-2008, 10:52 AM
thats good the ball is moving now.... i want to install now lol

Aaronsx
05-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Awaiting payments...

Someone else just backed out. Crap. I hope someone else jumps in.

Please note that I will await the correct number of payments to be sent via paypal before I accept them into my paypal account. That way if enough people aren't on board, the money will never actually change hands.

alkemyst
05-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Awaiting payments...

Someone else just backed out. Crap. I hope someone else jumps in.

Please note that I will await the correct number of payments to be sent via paypal before I accept them into my paypal account. That way if enough people aren't on board, the money will never actually change hands.

Hopefully people were serious...this usually happens in groupbuys though.

DreamN
05-25-2008, 06:01 PM
How many have paid so far?

ae13bravo
05-26-2008, 09:51 PM
So whats going on with these?

Aaronsx
05-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Waiting for payments! Please send yours ASAP. I've gotten several already, and more PM's asking for my paypal address. It's [email protected] for those who missed it. So far so good.

Also, another guy jumped in so it looks like we're gonna be okay with that other drop out. Woohoo!

This group buy is still open! Let me know if you're not on the list and you wanna get in, because once I put in the order, it's not going to happen again!

my S14
05-28-2008, 11:46 AM
o whats the word is everyone in

poziden
05-28-2008, 01:23 PM
payment has been sent

Aaronsx
05-28-2008, 04:04 PM
o whats the word is everyone in

LOL Yes man. Everyone is in. Please send payment ASAP so I can get this show on the road!

payment has been sent

Thanks Alan. I've got yours and everyone else's payment and shipping information on a spread sheet. I'll post up all of the details as soon as I get payment so I can put in the orders.

Several more payments came in today. Still waiting on lots more. Also, I am still buying two sets as of now, so someone else needs to jump in on this group buy so I don't have to!

DreamN
05-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Just sent payment. How many have paid so far?

Aaronsx
05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Sitting at nine as of now.

I had a dropout tonight, but he's already been replaced. Things are still looking good.

KKW
05-29-2008, 02:27 AM
bro, let me know if anyone else dropout. i need a set of this.

HKSdrift3r
05-29-2008, 03:25 PM
bro, let me know if anyone else dropout. i need a set of this.

you can take my spot if you want. Money is tight at the moment

KKW
05-29-2008, 05:02 PM
thx bro.... I will take it, but who should i contact for the payment?

HKSdrift3r
05-29-2008, 07:14 PM
aaron, the OP and the guy that is makng this all happen.

ae13bravo
05-29-2008, 07:42 PM
PM'ed........

Aaronsx
05-30-2008, 03:23 PM
you can take my spot if you want. Money is tight at the moment

KKW backed out.

s!lv!a
05-31-2008, 05:54 PM
is there anymore spots? pm me!

Aaronsx
05-31-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm still waiting on payments... I know this group buy took longer than expected, but get those payments in ASAP!

DreamN
05-31-2008, 09:05 PM
how many paid so far?

TravisSW
05-31-2008, 10:31 PM
If it wasn't for my security features I just drop almost a grand on, I'd so be all over this. =\ But how many of you have done the same? lol

Now it's over, boo lol. Anybody order an extra complete set? =x

DreamN
06-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Update please.

ae13bravo
06-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Update would be nice. btw I will send in my payment tomorrow, thats if this is still in the works?

wmdavis007
06-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Is it too last for me to get in on this?? Have cash and ready to send it in. Give me the details if I can and I'll send PayPal right away.

Aaronsx
06-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Sorry guys. I've been hella busy in the last few days, and honestly, I knew that posting exactly how many had sent payments might be discouraging to those with cold feet.

Here's were we stand. As of right now I have 13 (wait no, I got another payment while I was writing this. That's 14!) paypal payments sitting in my box. The money hasn't moved from there, and payments are still trickling in very slowly.

I have tried to be somewhat flexible because this group buy was extended past the original deadlines, but I don't want those of you who were quick and got your money to me on time to be put off by the fact that we're still having to wait to order. I can send you guys screenshots of my paypal account if you like. All of the money is there and it's not going anywhere except to UR... or to NST.

I mentioned previously that I was in contact with other pulley manufacturers should things fall through with UR, and NST made me an offer I have decided to present to you guys. It's an OPTION, and I'd like to know what you all think.

First, a bit about NST. NST is a company located right here in Houston. They're extremely dedicated to the sport compact scene, and have done more new pulley development than anyone else in the last year. Their reputation is flawless. Visit their website at nonstoptuning.com.

They have offered us their two accessory pulleys (water pump and alternator) for $170 shipped in the continental U.S., anodized in any color you guys want. You have red, gray, blue, purple, gold, and green to choose from. The last three are somewhat unpredictable, so red, gray, and blue are recommended by the manufacturer. Their pulley set does not include the power steering pulley because it is a splined pulley and drives up production costs, therefore the required minimum.

This is an example pic of the quality of their work:

http://www.nonstoptuning.com/images/NSTScionTC/NST02020KGR.JPG
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/images/NSTtoyYARIS/NST09158KR.JPG
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/images/NSTHondaCivicR18/NST21915KRG.JPG

The minimum for this price is only twelve, meaning that I could go forward with this as soon as you guys tell me what color you want. I would refund the remaining balance to each of you via paypal, and give the rest to NST. Everything would be shipped directly from NST as well, so that's one less thing I would have to worry about.

Turn around time would be six full weeks, about the same as UR.

What do you guys think of this?

Aaronsx
06-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Is it too last for me to get in on this?? Have cash and ready to send it in. Give me the details if I can and I'll send PayPal right away.

It is not too late until I place an order for pullies. If you're serious about getting in on this group buy, please paypal to [email protected] Please understand that this group buy is a work in progress and dependent on the amount of payments I actually receive, so you'll have to be patient.

Antihero983
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
i'm down. im sorry i havent sent payment yet.

what was the original price again?

Aaronsx
06-03-2008, 12:47 PM
$245 shipped in the US

ae13bravo
06-03-2008, 01:25 PM
I'll send paypal tonight.

Aaronsx
06-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I am still awaiting payment from the following Zilvia members who originally committed to the group buy:

RedEvilRPS13
95Blue240sx
HKSDrift3r
D1GP
Hustlervibes
S14_Legend
ae13bravo98koukile
DrivenS13

Antihero983
06-03-2008, 02:43 PM
paypal will be sent friday when i get payed.

i was holding out until you were sure you could get someone to make them.

Aaronsx
06-03-2008, 02:53 PM
paypal will be sent friday when i get payed.

i was holding out until you were sure you could get someone to make them.

Someone will make them. Don't worry. Just have to get the required number of payments so that I can place the order. If I do not get the payments very, very soon, we can go with one of the other options (NST has been AMAZING to work with so far) or I will send refunds. Your money is completely safe with me.

poziden
06-04-2008, 03:48 PM
can i pay nst extra to make those power steering pulleys?

ae13bravo
06-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I am still awaiting payment from the following Zilvia members who originally committed to the group buy:

RedEvilRPS13
95Blue240sx
HKSDrift3r
D1GP
Hustlervibes
S14_Legend
98koukile
DrivenS13

Paypal sent!!!:rl: :rawk::hyper:

my S14
06-04-2008, 09:46 PM
well im sorry to say this, but if we dont go with unorthodox then i can't join on this group buy. im committed to ur, and im looking for a full set not most of one.

Aaronsx
06-05-2008, 02:23 AM
can i pay nst extra to make those power steering pulleys?

It would be quite a bit extra. I'll talk to NST again about the issue and see exactly what the requirements would be since you guys seem to be dead set on having all three. I mean don't get me wrong, I'd like to have all three too, I just saw the NST set as a good alternative that we could go through with immediately. :)

well im sorry to say this, but if we dont go with unorthodox then i can't join on this group buy. im committed to ur, and im looking for a full set not most of one.

I'll note that. As of now we're still going forward with the UR pulleys, and anyone who wants to opt out if that doesn't work out will get a full refund. I'm not going to force anyone to get a product that they didn't ask for.

UPDATE: Two more payments recieved overnight. We're getting closer. :)

Aaronsx
06-06-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm leaving today and I'll be out of town until Monday. I'm going out to deep west Texas, and cell phones don't work out there either. Just wanted you guys to know. Send in those payments in the mean time so I can place the order when I get back!

DreamN
06-06-2008, 04:26 AM

I too feel the same. If it's not UR, then I'm out as well.

ae13bravo
06-09-2008, 04:03 PM
any more payments in? Where is this heading?

Antihero983
06-09-2008, 05:02 PM
i'm out. i have to actually get my s13 running, and finish paying for the bug...

Aaronsx
06-09-2008, 07:45 PM
No more payments were sent in over the weekend. I think I have 16, not including myself. If you guys are fine with waiting, I started this group buy and I will see it through. It's really up to you. Your money is still sitting safely in my paypal account, as it was last time I updated.

i'm out. i have to actually get my s13 running, and finish paying for the bug...

... stories like this continue to come in. People jump in and replace them, but we have to wait for them to send payment and such.

It's really up to you all.

sac
06-10-2008, 12:09 AM
last i heard you told me to await paying..
so ya.

Aaronsx
06-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Yah, I did. I thought people would jump on the NST option. Since they haven't, please go ahead and send payment for the UR pulleys.

The price is $245, to [email protected]

ae13bravo
06-10-2008, 12:27 PM
So where do we stand at right now?

ahboy401
06-11-2008, 12:19 AM
im gonna have to back out of this too... other things are coming up that i need the money for..

fenderfatstrat6
06-11-2008, 11:39 AM
hey so i want to know what the possible effects of under driving the accessories would be I am running a 200 watt sub 100 watt deck and i was thinking of adding a small hornblasters horn to my car HAHA! if it is under driven will this cause all this shit to be under powered? or damage the car or my equipment?

thanks!

my S14
06-12-2008, 08:06 PM
well guys im sorry to say this but i have to back out as well. the money is tight and right now i could really use the 245. so aaron if you could send the money back to me asap that would be great. if i come into money and its still open or if someone has a second set to sell ill buy it but for no i have to say goodbye.

DreamN
06-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Aaron, I got the refund. Sucks to hear so many people flaked on this. Hopefully you're able to get this going in the near future because I'd still like a set.

Aaronsx
06-12-2008, 10:17 PM
This group buy is closed. Too many people backed out, and I don't want to drag this out until more ask for refunds.

Thank you all for trusting me with your money. Refunds have been issued from Paypal.

ae13bravo
06-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Let me know if you decide to do this again. I'm still interested in getting a set done.