PDA

View Full Version : prayer intentions thread

Dominic Axelson
04-20-2008, 07:34 PM
This is meant to help people who need prayers. such as something serious like you or a family member or friend is very sick. or something not so serious like your cars getting a new paint job or an engine swap and you want it to go smoothly. so if you would like someone to pray for you or someone you know just post it. remember God will answer all your prayers!

Phlip
04-20-2008, 07:36 PM
I have said it before, and will again.
Believers, say what you will, non believers, PLEASE just keep it to yourself and show some respect.

mRclARK1
04-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Good idea for a thread. Maybe a mod should fix the title though. lolz

Agreed 100% with what Phlip has stated. I'll start it off: I'm in finals at university. Enough said. haha

brndck
04-20-2008, 09:14 PM
very noble idea.

errolorion
04-20-2008, 09:24 PM
go ask a starving kid in africa dying of aids about god listening

womenbeshoppin
04-20-2008, 09:27 PM
oh jezz.....

eastcoastS14
04-20-2008, 09:28 PM
you fail at reading phlips post....keep it to yourself man, im not religious per se but i try and show some respect

lil240sx95
04-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Family, Friends, and School.

mRclARK1
04-20-2008, 10:48 PM
go ask a starving kid in africa dying of aids about god listening

Have you actually seen that before, or the like?...... Well I have, so please keep comments like that to yourself.

This is a noble/unique thread idea. Let's not get it locked with a religious flame fest.

errolorion
04-20-2008, 10:51 PM
sorry
im satanic

OurOnePassion
04-20-2008, 10:55 PM
For errolorion to get smacked with the ban stick. Hard.

But, srsly. I hope this can stay decent enough to not be locked.

240love
04-20-2008, 11:20 PM
sorry
im satanic

BAN BAN BAN!!!:angel:

OurOnePassion
04-20-2008, 11:51 PM
This thread is working good so far. ;)

Let's keep it up!

Lower gas prices?

cuddlesthesheep
04-20-2008, 11:55 PM
This thread is working good so far. ;)

Let's keep it up!

Lower gas prices?

god your right, i think we all should pray to our respective higher beings for this. Its ridiculous.

also, my grandma, has had M.S. since she was like 30 and now shes pushing 75 and its progressing bad.

blu808
04-20-2008, 11:58 PM
How about you haters try this on for size.

Please pray to take the cancer from my sister, and for god to watch over my other sister who passed away when I was 15.

cuddlesthesheep
04-21-2008, 12:00 AM
How about you haters try this on for size.

Please pray to take the cancer from my sister, and for god to watch over my other sister who passed away when I was 15.

sorry to hear about that man, losing a family member is hard but there in a better place. Lost my dad last august to a guy who ran a red light.

I'll be praying no doubt.

Mlogue84
04-21-2008, 12:08 AM
This is an awesome Idea for a thread (I feel bummed that I didn't represent)

For Wisdom, And Patience.... Also finances.

ps: ^ Everyone above was just prayed for... What about you dominic? Got anything?

cuddlesthesheep
04-21-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm liking this thread its damn uplifting!

also mods if you could fix the thread title that would be awesome.

Dominic Axelson
04-21-2008, 05:48 AM
This is an awesome Idea for a thread (I feel bummed that I didn't represent)

For Wisdom, And Patience.... Also finances.

ps: ^ Everyone above was just prayed for... What about you dominic? Got anything?

well thanks for asking i guess continual heath in my family and grades in school. Thanks for the support guys!

EDacIouSX
04-21-2008, 07:43 AM
wow what a fag........ satanic my nuts in your mouth... anyways

so art bell has tried this before on his show (www.coasttocoastam.com) and has had some interesting effects. if you really need/want others to pray for whatever reason you may need, you can give them a call (nation wide radio show) and they will put your request on the air so that the whole nation can help you out... anyway good luck to the people that do need them.

oh and errolorion, i will pray that you will not get banned ;)

marcencar
04-21-2008, 07:51 AM
For a job since i just recently lost mine, and finish college with flying colors, almost done:bigok: .

SHIFT_*grind*
04-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Interesting idea for a thread :) I think religious and non-religious people alike can at least respect the concept.

240love
04-21-2008, 08:57 AM
pray that i find a new job soon because im the providor of my family

cuddlesthesheep
04-21-2008, 09:41 AM
For a job since i just recently lost mine, and finish college with flying colors, almost done:bigok: .

pray that i find a new job soon because im the providor of my family

well thanks for asking i guess continual heath in my family and grades in school. Thanks for the support guys!

all messages prayed too :wiggle:

no but really, i gotcha guys.

muddafakka
04-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Right now, I'm just praying that I passed all my classes. It's been a hella tough semester.

JesusFreakDrifter
04-21-2008, 06:14 PM
family, school, finances

if you please

cuddlesthesheep
04-21-2008, 06:14 PM
family, school, finances

if you please
just did man.

OBEEWON
04-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Cat on a local board was rear ended and is paralyzed. Dont know him but he's young and need some words on his behalf.

cuddlesthesheep
04-21-2008, 06:38 PM
damn damn damn thats terrible news.. shit.. i'll keep him in my thoughts man.

fromxtor
04-21-2008, 07:20 PM
Please pray for my daughter, that God continues to help her recover from the insult to her brain. http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=164021

And for my wife that God gives her the patience to deal w/ all the crap we have to go through.

TY

Dominic Axelson
04-21-2008, 07:33 PM
i will keep all of you in my prayers

DALAZ_68
04-21-2008, 07:34 PM
my grandpa throat cancer surgery recovery to go well...

drift freaq
04-21-2008, 08:44 PM
For my girl Aya, who has managed to survive stage 4 breast cancer (2 years ago) and that she may beat the odds of 80% of women with stage 4 breast cancer not surviving 5 years or more.

iwishiwas-all*
04-21-2008, 08:50 PM
like someone said, prayers for my Finals coming up next week, and the good health of my fam and everyone on here...

cuddlesthesheep
04-21-2008, 11:32 PM
my grandpa throat cancer surgery recovery to go well...

For my girl Aya, who has managed to survive stage 4 breast cancer (2 years ago) and that she may beat the odds of 80% of women with stage 4 breast cancer not surviving 5 years or more.

like someone said, prayers for my Finals coming up next week, and the good health of my fam and everyone on here...

all you guys are in my prayers, no matter how small or big the problem, its always good to know other people are praying for you and their in your thoughts.

beeracing s14
04-21-2008, 11:41 PM
lets put this thread as a sticky and have it remain until this website shuts down.

--pray for me as i am enlightened by God to start paying my credit bills in big chunks for 1500 a month. I hope He wont let me go dry on my savings.

cuddlesthesheep
04-21-2008, 11:42 PM
lets put this thread as a sticky and have it remain until this website shuts down.

--pray for me as i am enlightened by God to start paying my credit bills in big chunks for 1500 a month. I hope He wont let me go dry on my savings.

Damn bro, at least you decided to get started on it, thats a major step. Prayin for ya.

cuddlesthesheep
04-21-2008, 11:44 PM
pray for me that i stay out of trouble, cops wise, i've had enough run ins to last me a while..

Pretty much just pray that i grow out of my stupid childish self:-/

beeracing s14
04-21-2008, 11:45 PM
ya, thanks bro. For some reason God held my head to face and look at my aging parents and I decided its time for me to run the monthly mortage payment machine!

spoolandslide
04-22-2008, 02:07 AM
pray for me that i stay out of trouble, cops wise, i've had enough run ins to last me a while..

Pretty much just pray that i grow out of my stupid childish self:-/

mature words

+1 for you

drift freaq
04-22-2008, 11:26 AM

Lets just say faith in God can give you the fortitude to do all of the above. Its up to you to manage your money though. Faith can guide you to the right road to do things right. That can keep you in the clear. You must remember this though. If it is your fate to to go dry on your savings then may happen for there may be a lesson for you in it.

Remember these words and look for the silver lining in what seems to be misfortune. For most of the time there is one, but most people choose not to find it, rather just focusing on the immediate misfortune.

You usually do not lose things, unless there are better things in store for you.
Its just up to you to recognize those things.
This is something I believe in.

kenshinS14sks
04-22-2008, 03:28 PM
wow, what a useful thread, in such a tiny part of zilvia that not many visit.

dert420sx
04-22-2008, 04:01 PM
subscribed. +rep

see? the internets can also be used for good!

Mlogue84
04-23-2008, 12:35 AM
Ok, so I just got word that my friend since high school is getting divorced and he has a child. Pray for his comfort and sanity, his wife "fell out of love" with him and (imho) is just money hungry.

Also for my friend Jason who is in the army. He just found out that his wife cheated on him, got pregnant, then got an abortion.... (that one is really heavy) oh and he's going to Afghanistan in a couple months iirc. Also he is a non believer, so ya...

Thanks in advance guys, Mark

cuddlesthesheep
04-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Ok, so I just got word that my friend since high school is getting divorced and he has a child. Pray for his comfort and sanity, his wife "fell out of love" with him and (imho) is just money hungry.

Also for my friend Jason who is in the army. He just found out that his wife cheated on him, got pregnant, then got an abortion.... (that one is really heavy) oh and he's going to Afghanistan in a couple months iirc. Also he is a non believer, so ya...

Thanks in advance guys, Mark

jeeze.. man. i just prayed for them. Hope that all works out with both of them. Hard stuff.

SC_S13
04-23-2008, 01:42 AM
you don't need extraordinary circumstances for prayer! Not dumping on everyone with unfortunate circumstances, just a friendly reminder :-) praying for the general health of all my friends, family, and zilvians. thank god for everything and everyone.

180sExy
04-23-2008, 07:28 AM
WOW! This is a GREAT thread! I can't belive that I missed this thread. 1st off I'll pray for everyone on this thread! Just remeber too keep me in your prayers as well! Kinda in a serious point in my life I'm soon too be applying for the San Deigo Police Dept so I'm trying too get everything straight right now and just trying too get my life together an settle down with my family.

Dominic Axelson
04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
thanks for all the support and kind words guys! I really hope this can help a lot of people! im still praying for all of you. Thanks and God bless, Dominic

ESmorz
04-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Here's one for the 240 community.

May we all be safe in our driving endeavors. Track, street, daily driving whatever, and may our little fun boxes always give their lives to save ours.

Stay safe guys. :2f2f:

nissanracer29
04-23-2008, 09:55 PM
This is an awsome Thread! I would like prayer for me to do well on my finals comming up, and to be a better overall person. Also I would like for my mom to take control of her sickness and for my dad to be strong for us. I will keep all of you guys in my prayers. Thanks

spoolandslide
04-23-2008, 11:55 PM
i have a friend who just had a drug overdose that lead to cardiac arrest and now it is doubtful if he will ever be able to regain motion on his left side

pray for dustin, he is a junior in high school and has his whole life ahead of him.

cuddlesthesheep
04-24-2008, 01:57 AM
when did this happen? is this the same one as like a week ago?

spoolandslide
04-25-2008, 12:56 AM
yes this is the same incident as last week

dustin made the decision to make himself an example for all others who know of his situation and had to pay a heavy price to teach all of us how not to live

i pray to god that he can live with his disability and have the strength to look past it

when is the last time you saw a kid at Prom in a wheelchair?

cuddlesthesheep
04-25-2008, 02:24 AM
umm.. my two proms with shavon.

or anyone who has a person in a wheel chair in their class.

so what is dustin up to now and whats the situation like? is he in the hospital now or what?

flip3d
04-25-2008, 08:19 AM
You people get offended really easily. No wonder our country is so fucked up.

Dominic Axelson
04-25-2008, 07:02 PM
I pray that our country doesnt turn into Nazi Germany.

Edit: Apparently people cant handle jokes.

its ok, people have there own opinions. ill pray that you do change your hart. or at least respect the people that do believe in prayer.

Dominic

spoolandslide
04-25-2008, 07:13 PM
I pray that our country doesnt turn into Nazi Germany.

Edit: Apparently people cant handle jokes.

apparently some people cant handle seriousness

2ilvia
04-25-2008, 08:29 PM
pray that vasya s. will be filled with peace and strength while he lives. God will know who youre talking about

Skullavera
04-26-2008, 12:09 AM
For my father who is going through chemo because he has cancer in his liver and a cancerous tumor in his colon. His last CT scan came out promising but he still has to have surgery and finish his chemo treatment. Thank you all. I know God hears our prayers.

nissanracer29
04-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Lets not forget that the national day of prayer is comming up! I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Dominic Axelson
04-29-2008, 06:39 AM
for our soldiers in Iraq, that God can watch over them and keep them safe.

HWYKING
04-29-2008, 11:00 AM
for everyones prayers just noted above ^^ and for my mom who is almost 100% cancer free.

PITCH
04-29-2008, 01:21 PM
Awsome Thread! I'll lift up everyone's prayers spoken and unspoken at my club meeting tonight. GOD be praised.

Everyone Stay Prayed up!

:bigok:

Bushido
04-30-2008, 09:16 PM
I pray to god that he will regrow all the limbs of amputee's.

oh wait...

ronmcdon
04-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I'm tempted to post something from the book of common prayers (from Palanuik's 'Survivor'), i.e. 'prayer to prevent hair loss', 'prayer for a parking space' but maybe not.

PITCH
05-04-2008, 11:13 AM
^^^Nothing wrong with that. He gives the desires of the heart. I pray I never go bald or have to park in the back due to no open spaces up front. LOL

Phlip
05-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm in a transition right now...
I've been stubborn and have allowed myself to drive 20+ miles to the next county east for work every day for about a year and a half now... With gas having gone up more than 60 cent in the last couple or few months here. Today, I applied for 5 different positions with a company downtown in my city, 4 miles from the FURTHEST point back in my driveway, as well as 2 others not far, and several others IN my city, all less than 10 miles from home. The sweetest thing is that I live 6 houses in each direction from 2 bus stops, and all buses go downtown before they go ANYWHERE... A monthly bus pass would be WAY cheaper than 2-3 days worth of gas.
I need everyone to ask for my blessings to receive an offer for at least one of these jobs.

JesusFreakDrifter
05-04-2008, 10:45 PM
^^^ just did PHlip and many previous posters, and thanks to everyone that prayed for me.

coreansurfer
05-05-2008, 02:49 AM
i feel that my life has reached a point, where i feel stagnant, please pray that God will grant me the strength to power through

dert420sx
05-05-2008, 11:30 AM
let's pray for the people of Myanmar, who were just hit by Tropical Cyclone Nargis.

I just read this on yahoo: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080505/ap_on_re_as/myanmar_cyclone

Cliffs:
4000 dead, 3000 missing, authorities estimate death toll to reach 10,000!

*edit 5.7.08* now it's close to 100,000 dead and 95% of buildings demolished. God help them!
link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080507/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_myanmar;_ylt=Arue0pKLOl7qyqfjF4fJ9cms0NUE

ryguy
05-08-2008, 07:15 PM
On of my sister's best friends, who I was also friends with, died last night. She was 16 years old. Believe it or not she died of bulimia. So please pray for her, and for anybody else out there suffering from bulimia.

Dominic Axelson
05-12-2008, 07:56 PM
iv been praying for all of you. if you need prayers just post and some one will for you.

s14_legend
05-12-2008, 08:04 PM
just everyone is china....over 10,000 dead =(

Krunko
05-15-2008, 03:13 PM
This is meant to help people who need prayers. such as something serious like you or a family member or friend is very sick. or something not so serious like your cars getting a new paint job or an engine swap and you want it to go smoothly. so if you would like someone to pray for you or someone you know just post it. remember God will answer all your prayers!

God will answer all our prayers, but sometimes it is with a resounding "NO!".

Let's all thank God he doesn't always say yes, because we ask for some pretty stupid things, haha.

PITCH
05-15-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm in a transition right now...
I've been stubborn and have allowed myself to drive 20+ miles to the next county east for work every day for about a year and a half now... With gas having gone up more than 60 cent in the last couple or few months here. Today, I applied for 5 different positions with a company downtown in my city, 4 miles from the FURTHEST point back in my driveway, as well as 2 others not far, and several others IN my city, all less than 10 miles from home. The sweetest thing is that I live 6 houses in each direction from 2 bus stops, and all buses go downtown before they go ANYWHERE... A monthly bus pass would be WAY cheaper than 2-3 days worth of gas.
I need everyone to ask for my blessings to receive an offer for at least one of these jobs.

i feel that my life has reached a point, where i feel stagnant, please pray that God will grant me the strength to power through

...His had controls power and might , and it's at his descretion that men are made great and given strength. The Lord will prove you through!

No Doubt.
Prayers Done.
:bigok:

Also All the above as well...

koukikat180sx
05-16-2008, 12:56 AM
This thread is bitter sweet... It's nice to see how a group of people can come together and be there for one another.

Keeping you guys in my thoughts...

f1nch
05-19-2008, 05:35 PM
dont forget about your fellow zilvians.

god bless.

JacksonBrown
05-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Bump for super rad thread!

JacksonBrown
05-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Hey gang,

I have prayers for:

1. My friend Adam. He had a brain tumor removed a little while ago and still has a lot of headaches.

2. My friend Mindy. She had epilepsy for years and it's now finally in remission (if that's the word?). Praying that it stays that way!

3. My Grandma, who just lost her husband of 71 years, back in early December. She is a woman of great faith, and so was my G'pa. May God continue to give her faith, peace, and comfort.

4. My co-worker, Pete. He had major eye surgery this past Friday. May he get better soon.

5. All the soldiers in Iraq (on both sides). May God end this destruction and war and bring everyone's brothers, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, etc, home.

6. All the soldiers returning home. May God give them the medical attention, family, friends, support, faith, and quick recovery they need.

7. Everyone affected by the disaster in China.

8. Everyone affected by the disaster in Burma (yes, Burma, not Myanmar -- a country taken over by brutal thugs).

9. Everyone affected by the tragedy in Iowa -- may they receive the relief they need economically, physically, geographically, and spiritually.

I could go on.. my morning prayer takes a good minute, and sometimes I feel as if God is getting bored with it, but then I know he's listening to every word patiently. God bless.

D

Dominic Axelson
06-03-2008, 02:00 AM
i will continue to pray for all of you. God bless!

revat619
06-03-2008, 02:13 AM
I had no idea this thread existed! Wow i'm slow.

This is really awesome guys.

My prayer list is stupid long and sometimes i feel like God is just like "get on with it already." So if you could, just pray that He gives me the strength to continue on and do things He wants me to do.

Thanks and God bless.

Dominic Axelson
07-03-2008, 01:48 PM
lets keep this going i think it can really help a lot of people.

coreansurfer
07-16-2008, 01:52 PM
i need another knee surgery, i blew out my right knee, and had surgery last year, i just blew out my left knee 2 weeks ago, and need surgery. please keep me in your prayers.

Dominic Axelson
08-12-2008, 08:19 PM
bump?......

WISH ONE
08-12-2008, 08:22 PM
pray for FATEH ABDUL who is in a coma..

coreansurfer
08-12-2008, 08:26 PM
just had surgery today, please keep me in yours prayers

sxe
08-12-2008, 08:29 PM
my father passed away just this friday, please pray for my mother and rest of the family. there having a hard time..

-calvin

keistyle
08-12-2008, 10:37 PM
you are also an impeccable idiot.:mad:
sorry
im satanic

keistyle
08-12-2008, 10:38 PM
oh, and my grandma just had open heart surgery.

jspec240
08-13-2008, 01:23 AM
For the soldiers at arms. I also give my prayers.

sr20alex
08-13-2008, 02:46 AM
Mmm pray for my ankle i have a thing called Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD) the tendons around my ankle are stretched and scarred. And i havent been able to run for more than 5 minutes without extreme pain in my foot. Also for my brother he has the same thing on his foot. Only two options either healing or surgery.. and surgery at 17 isnt really nice..

spoolandslide
08-13-2008, 04:04 AM
Mmm pray for my ankle i have a thing called Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction (PTTD) the tendons around my ankle are stretched and scarred. And i havent been able to run for more than 5 minutes without extreme pain in my foot. Also for my brother he has the same thing on his foot. Only two options either healing or surgery.. and surgery at 17 isnt really nice..

I had arthroscopic ankle surgery when I was 16 in the summer and did what i had to play football in the fall, I worked it out.

Your surgery will go fine, the healing is on you, not on others. I will pray for you but it wont help you out if you don't put in time at the physical therapist.

There is nothin worse than being on crutches for longer than you should.
Trust me.

coreansurfer
08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
my family is going through a really rough patch right now

also norm's mother is very sick

please keep us in your prayers

miucus
08-14-2009, 03:17 PM
my brother just left socal for medical school in NY. pray that he finds the right apartment and does well in school when he starts in a week, and stays safe in ny.