PDA

View Full Version : ka24de head gasket swap failer, now i need help in torrance

240meowth
04-20-2008, 03:07 PM
so, i've never did a head gasket swap, and since i have a beater to drive around daily, i thought, "oh this will be a good experience"

6 months later, it's bolted up, i got new head studs machined the head and all that jazz. I crank, it doesn't start. Now i need help, any experts around the torrance area willing to come by to take a look? $200 awarded to whoever gets it to run smoothly :P

DALAZ_68
04-20-2008, 03:22 PM
so, i've never did a head gasket swap, and since i have a beater to drive around daily, i thought, "oh this will be a good experience"

6 months later, it's bolted up, i got new head studs machined the head and all that jazz. I crank, it doesn't start. Now i need help, any experts around the torrance area willing to come by to take a look? $200 awarded to whoever gets it to run smoothly :P

how far is torrance from L.A.

r6_240sx
04-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Bout 30 mins.

Teddy
04-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm in Torrance, but I know nothing. lol

vutony
04-21-2008, 10:50 AM
your timing is probally fuked
study the fsm

Om1kron
04-21-2008, 11:33 AM
your timing is probally fuked
study the fsm

I was about to say, glad I read the thread. It's not as simple as just unbolting crap and then rebolting it back up. You gotta make sure the timing is TDC or BDC before you take anything apt, pay attention to cam markings and timing positions, and put everything back together as is.

Otherwise you're going to spend a lot of time taking that shit apart and putting it back together to get the timing spot on again.

240meowth
04-21-2008, 12:20 PM
i actually took it apart at TDC and marked it, but i did the ghetto style of zip tieing the lower chain in place, so i have no idea if it went out of play...