http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php

don't forget all the variations on the right

enjoy

drift freaq
04-19-2008, 11:41 PM
http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php

don't forget all the variations on the right

enjoy

thats not music, unless you consider chaos an emotion. In the words of Bethoven "Music is emotion"
That noise is not even melodic.
Music and math are tied together that is a fact, but what that bozo there is doing is random noise generation from musical tines based on loose equations.

Andrew Bohan
04-19-2008, 11:44 PM
who said it was music? i said it's sweet if you like music

kdashy
04-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Just sounds like creepy sound effects.

Nice to watch though.

drift freaq
04-19-2008, 11:45 PM
who said it was music? i said it's sweet if you like music

I don't know Andrew. I write music and love music and I find that sight a bit on the annoying side. hahahahahhahahahahahaha

P.S. I could do what he is doing there just pounding on my keyboard and doing a couple fast lead rolls and then plinking keys. LOL

Andrew Bohan
04-19-2008, 11:48 PM
it's not random though. that's why it's awesome

OurOnePassion
04-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Who said it's music? It isn't -- it's jazz. lolol.

It's an inside joke I have with a fellow musician.

But, really... every once in a while you can hear a jazzy prog in there.

And something I learned through arguing with my Music Appreciation Prof about... [good] music is entirely subjective. There is no one right or wrong opinion. And there is nothing in existence that can decide whether or not something is music or just noise.

Plus, the #17 handcranked thing is pretty cool.

Tenchuu
04-20-2008, 12:19 AM
I dig it, but i get if you kept it on in the background for a day you would turn into a serial killer.

the bell carol one isn't too annoying like the Hz ones are.

Andrew Bohan
04-20-2008, 12:38 AM
i read once that in order for sound to be music, there must be intentional patterns of some sort.

but even that i dunno. there's a fine line between art and laziness in the last 50 years.

this site is more like math though

drift freaq
04-20-2008, 12:46 AM
And something I learned through arguing with my Music Appreciation Prof about... [good] music is entirely subjective. There is no one right or wrong opinion. And there is nothing in existence that can decide whether or not something is music or just noise.

Plus, the #17 handcranked thing is pretty cool.

good music is entirely subjective? and there nothing in existence that can decide whether or not something is music or just noise. Your music appreciation prof . Is what real musicians call a purely Academic, i.e. he has no real talent so tries to teach instead. In other words he is full of shit. IMO.
:rofl:
Now there are some talented musicians that teach but your music appreciation prof is a crock of shit. Yup I said that and I will stand behind it.

Like I said earlier music is emotion. Good music is emotion. Music that generates a emotion from a person is music. Now I know your prof is gonna say well noise generates emotion so its music because it can make people angry,but see thats an abstract to prove a point at best. Its basically just annoying.
Go listen to some Merzbow ya he will make you feel like your on acid with his Noise. Its not music though its Noise.

P.S. I never said it was random Andrew. I said it was based on loose calculations and chaos actually is not random either but rather based on a mathematical theorem. If you want to get down to brass tacks.

Everything I play on the keyboard is mathematically based as well.
I play,and have studied and know music theory.
Mathematics is part of the pattern you heard about and yes Music does follow a pattern.

Andrew Bohan
04-20-2008, 01:07 AM
oh i'm up on music stuff. been doin music since i was 10 or so

wrote a symphony and everything :bigok:

BlckBeautyVTEC
04-20-2008, 01:18 AM
i wish i was on lsd watching/listening to that

ThatGuy
04-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Cool site Andrew. How'd you find that? :keke: