PDA

View Full Version : i hate (most) honda drivers!

sillydrift
04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Today i was driving to work and i come to a red light, next to me a red civic pulls up, and starts to rev, i look over and was like wtf? the light turns green and he takes of peeling out and such, when he see's i dont go after him he stops and waits for me. then he gets next to me pulling in front of me and then back next to me, he did this for 3 f***ing blocks, till finally he gave me this look and took off! i swear most of them piss me off
why cant they just drive like a normal human being.

duffman1278
04-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Lol, probably some HS kid trying to live out his F&F fantasy

adrians_s13
04-18-2008, 01:26 PM
eh... people like that (ricers) give real Honda enthusiasts a bad rep.

s14_legend
04-18-2008, 01:30 PM
yeah defintely kills the whole scene...

DUFFM4N
04-18-2008, 01:30 PM
he felt threatened :keke:

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-18-2008, 01:31 PM
yeah. REAL Honda enthusiasts are like us, they just like Honda's. It's just too bad that HS kids have to ruin it for all import cars. I want to create a sign that says "Real life is not like the Fast and the Furious so fuck off."

powersteeringless180sx
04-18-2008, 01:34 PM
yea most of the time i don't get shit from honda guys except for the ghetto one's w/ beatup eg's or ek's. the jdm guy's don't seem to bother me.

i hate srt4 people more.....:madfawk:

an_orange_s2k
04-18-2008, 01:36 PM
i agree, they think they're the shit with that cheap turboed p.o.s

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-18-2008, 01:37 PM
yea most of the time i don't get shit from honda guys except for the ghetto one's w/ beatup eg's or ek's. the jdm guy's don't seem to bother me.

srt4 drivers are usually people who are too stupid and too cheap to buy a legit car so they get a turbo neon and swear they're fast! I liked Neons before the srt came out because it actually took some skill to make them fast. Now, I just have little to no respect for them.

nismo racer
04-18-2008, 01:42 PM
kids these days!

HWYKING
04-18-2008, 01:42 PM
there are a$$clowns in every bunch. best thing to do is just ignore them. im pretty sure everyone here encounters one at least a week. ive got a couple of real cool honda buddies that are really into their cars just as most of us are and they feel the same about most of the fast and the furious jerkos that roam the streets.

sillydrift
04-18-2008, 01:46 PM
yeah this kid looked like he was in highschool, its true kids like this give them a bad name, cause ive once had a nice looking ek pull up next to me, he told me nice car and gave me the thumbs up, and drove along

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-18-2008, 01:49 PM
yeah this kid looked like he was in highschool, its true kids like this give them a bad name, cause ive once had a nice looking ek pull up next to me, he told me nice car and gave me the thumbs up, and drove along

It all comes down to mindset. The sad thing is I watched a lot of people go from gangs to party crews to street racers. So, basically you have gang members racing on the streets. If you are stupid enough to actually join a gang (lol at all of them) then you are stupid enough to street race.

MikeisNissan
04-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah I used to own a Honda and I feel the same I did then towards the Nissan scene today, with respect. MD has full of ricers, every other car is a riced out something.

PhAtXSuMo
04-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I used to own a 1993 Honda Accord =P loved that thing baller ride.

sold it and got my hatch =D

now owning a 240 grabs to much attention to the "Civic" community always trying to race me, and it pisses me off as well.

I had a Civic try to race me while i was going home and there is alot of cops that hide on the streets he does the same to what he did to "Sillydrift'. But he got pulled over, when he just took off. =P

P.S.
Im a HS Student as well =/

origin_s135
04-18-2008, 02:22 PM
i used to get that alot from civic owners, like wtf man? i'm just trying to go somewhere without getting into trouble, what if a cop seen that and he gets us normal driving folks for street racing just because that car took off and my car looks like a rice rocket[most people calls modded imports]. the only people that doesn't do that is probally the s2k guys, i met a bunch of cool cats, probally because they're more mature. i guess it's a age thing, because most of the retards that rev are young looking and want to prove something when it gives modded cars in general a bad rep.

DUFFM4N
04-18-2008, 02:23 PM

turbo or not...its STILL a DODGE NEON :keke:

eastcoastS14
04-18-2008, 02:26 PM
lol when I used to go visit my girl last summer I would have to drive this long 2 lane strip and somehow just about every time these 2 asian kids in a primer black civic hatch would pull up next to me pace me for a few seconds...staring at me the whole time, then donwn shift and pull away, then when i didnt go after them theyd slow down and get next to me again and do the same thing....it was so weird cause id see them out like every weekend driving the same road

last weeked I went to get food with my girl and i pulled up next to a yellow mazda protege with exhaust and an AEM license plate frame and the dude started revving at me at the light...I just looked over like wtf and then drove normally when the light changed

WilloW
04-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Hah! Lately, I've been getting shit from those new Scion owners (the rounder toaster). Then there's the idiot with the Tiburon in my neighborhood. Just ignore them man.

Baka Sama
04-18-2008, 02:33 PM
i agree, they think they're the shit with that cheap turboed p.o.s

srt4 drivers are usually people who are too stupid and too cheap to buy a legit car so they get a turbo neon and swear they're fast! I liked Neons before the srt came out because it actually took some skill to make them fast. Now, I just have little to no respect for them.

Very dumb comments. I have 2 friends with srt4s. One pretty stock and one with 410whp. Neither car is cheap when compared to all the s13's and s14s i've owned. When you have a fast car you will get a false since of pride no matter what the car is. I think ignorant comments like these come from jealous people who feel like less of a man when a srt4 pulls up next to them and they know deep down they have no chance of beating it.

If I ever buy a fwd car. It will be a srt4, period. Say what you want but that car can be made insane fast on the cheap. Why even race hondas anymore?

blasting_speed
04-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I get that shit every fucking day. I live near South Gate, Huntington Park. Its full of SLUR DELETED ricers. ahahahahah Its like a El Pollo Loco chicken bowl. ahahahahahahahah . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WIKID S4TEEN
04-18-2008, 02:45 PM

+1 hahaha

I think we can all agree we all get this 2-5 times a week.
But we shouldn’t hate on Honda drivers.
Just the ones that have their heads up their @$$.
Too bad it’s the majority of them. Mostly the HS punks that were lucky enough to convince their parents to buy them a car. Hopefully they only cause injury/damage to themselves and not innocent people. My little bro drives a GSR and he’s NOTHING like that. I think him paying for it makes him more responsible, which a lot of parent aren’t doing nowadays.

S13Boosts
04-18-2008, 02:55 PM

serious...:keke:

s14_legend
04-18-2008, 02:58 PM
heck yeah i cant count how many times ghetto hondas rev on me...yeah hs kids powered by parents...totally not good

+1 hahaha

I think we can all agree we all get this 2-5 times a week.
But we shouldn’t hate on Honda drivers.
Just the ones that have their heads up their @$$.
Too bad it’s the majority of them. Mostly the HS punks that were lucky enough to convince their parents to buy them a car. Hopefully they only cause injury/damage to themselves and not innocent people. My little bro drives a GSR and he’s NOTHING like that. I think him paying for it makes him more responsible, which a lot of parent aren’t doing nowadays.

VROOOM
04-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Very dumb comments. I have 2 friends with srt4s. One pretty stock and one with 410whp. Neither car is cheap when compared to all the s13's and s14s i've owned. When you have a fast car you will get a false since of pride no matter what the car is. I think ignorant comments like these come from jealous people who feel like less of a man when a srt4 pulls up next to them and they know deep down they have no chance of beating it.

If I ever buy a fwd car. It will be a srt4, period. Say what you want but that car can be made insane fast on the cheap. Why even race hondas anymore?

i have a feeling once the new Cobalt SS Turbo comes out the SRT-4 will be eating its dust.
im seriously thinking about buying one when they come out

Baka Sama
04-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes! The 4 door SS looks bad ass in a sleeper sorta way. 260hp doesnt sound bad either in a a car that weighs what? 2900lbs. If I was into fwd cars I would be having a field day.

TiNMAN
04-18-2008, 03:12 PM
they dont necessarily have to be high school kids(although thats usually the case)...ive had fools in their 20's and 30's do the same shit. i have buddies that drive hondas who respect themselves, their cars, and other car enthusiasts. exactly as the title states. most/some

MikeisNissan
04-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Haven't Cobalt SS been out? they've been here ever since RSX's were still being built. 4 dr Cobalt SS? Pics?

VROOOM
04-18-2008, 03:49 PM
08 cobalt SS has a turbo and 260hp(pontiac solsticeGXP motor) the 07 and lower had a supercharged 4 cyl with 205 hp.

also runs 14 sec flat 1/4
8:22 at the Ring (fastest stock fwd)
brembo brakes
no lift shifting
launch control
all for $22,995.00

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=125288/pageNumber=1

edmunds review

stiizy
04-18-2008, 03:54 PM
i hate srt4 evo and honda rice drivers who always wanna race they cant just enjoy a car they have to hear their own loud ass exhaust that falling off the hangers lol.....

Baka Sama
04-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Haven't Cobalt SS been out? they've been here ever since RSX's were still being built. 4 dr Cobalt SS? Pics?

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/04/cobalt-ss-sedan-first.jpg

jskateborders
04-18-2008, 04:22 PM
occasionally if theres no other cars around Ill drop down, rape him, and proceed to my regular speed, makes him stop, I can go on driving un-annoyed.

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-18-2008, 04:45 PM

I've worked on plenty of srt4's and came to the conclusion that THEY SUCK. Sure, it might have the pt cruiser turbo motor, but the interior sucks, the seats suck, the carpet sucks, the paint sucks, and the car has more electrical problems than I've seen out of any car made outside of Europe. Not only that but Dodge, for some gawd awful reason, integrated the exhaust manifold and turbo so if you're going to upgrade the turbo then the exhaust manifold has to go too. Plus, it's just not very reliable. They were better off buying a Honda and turboing the Honda because a Civic is just A BETTER CAR.

Seriously, there's been so many problems with the Neons over the years that people tend to forget them because there's a new motor. Nothing has really changed about them except now they're 2.4l and turboed. They may be fast but almost everything else is cheap. Now, if we were talking about track only cars with stripped interiors and upgraded suspensions and paint then the srt4 becomes a serious contender.

jackjack
04-18-2008, 04:50 PM
tell you the truth, i NEVER get this. dont ask why. even if i did, i'd just do the same thing you did. people are stupid. its not worth risking your life, someone's life, car, license, jail.... etc.

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-18-2008, 04:53 PM
tell you the truth, i NEVER get this. dont ask why. even if i did, i'd just do the same thing you did. people are stupid. its not worth risking your life, someone's life, car, license, jail.... etc.

Yeah, a guy I work with just got fired because his license is suspended. We're field technicians so we drive company cars. I have to be EXTRA careful when I drive my s13 or I may get in trouble with my job. I can't afford to do that because I make great money.

ronmcdon
04-18-2008, 05:02 PM
that is unfortunate being harrassed by obnoxious honda owners. ppl like that give the rest of us honda owners a bad name from others, insurance companies, and cops alike (I own a FA5 and a 240).

personally I've had the most trouble from bmw owners trying to instigate on the highways. however, I'd like to think a couple eggs shouldn't be representative of all owners

xfallen1x
04-18-2008, 05:14 PM

I agree the JDM guys are more chill and the SRT4 guys are assclowns. Don't forget the Cobalt SS guys too! Can't stand these guys! :hammer:

Baka Sama
04-18-2008, 05:16 PM
I've worked on plenty of srt4's and came to the conclusion that THEY SUCK. Sure, it might have the pt cruiser turbo motor, but the interior sucks, the seats suck, the carpet sucks, the paint sucks, and the car has more electrical problems than I've seen out of any car made outside of Europe. Not only that but Dodge, for some gawd awful reason, integrated the exhaust manifold and turbo so if you're going to upgrade the turbo then the exhaust manifold has to go too. Plus, it's just not very reliable. They were better off buying a Honda and turboing the Honda because a Civic is just A BETTER CAR.

Seriously, there's been so many problems with the Neons over the years that people tend to forget them because there's a new motor. Nothing has really changed about them except now they're 2.4l and turboed. They may be fast but almost everything else is cheap. Now, if we were talking about track only cars with stripped interiors and upgraded suspensions and paint then the srt4 becomes a serious contender.

You dont like the Viper seats or the interior? How does the paint and carpet suck? Both srt4 owners I know drive their car everyday and everywhere and they seem reliable enough to me. Maybe you have a better point of view because you have actually worked on them. I have yet to see a carpet queen srt4 and thats part of the reason i like them. People who have them, drive them and drive them hard. I went to a srt4 meet with my friends and didnt see nasty body kits or crazy paint as with other fwd meets. Just simple fast cars. Maybe on a lexus or bmw board I would expect to hear about how cheap the car is made, but not on a 240sx forum where half the cars look like they need to be crushed.

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-18-2008, 05:26 PM
You dont like the Viper seats or the interior? How does the paint and carpet suck? Both srt4 owners I know drive their car everyday and everywhere and they seem reliable enough to me. Maybe you have a better point of view because you have actually worked on them. I have yet to see a carpet queen srt4 and thats part of the reason i like them. People who have them, drive them and drive them hard. I went to a srt4 meet with my friends and didnt see nasty body kits or crazy paint as with other fwd meets. Just simple fast cars. Maybe on a lexus or bmw board I would expect to hear about how cheap the car is made, but not on a 240sx forum where half the cars look like they need to be crushed.

lol. you do have a point there. I guess I had some bad experiences with them. I can imagine how some people like to tune them. I'd honestly like to have a 400hp srt4 than a "decked out" civic. It's just a bitch working on them but they do have high potential motors. There's just too many people that drive all show and no go, but because of the lack of body kits available for the srt4, you don't know what's 400hp and what's 250hp, which is kinda cool for drag racing.

RiversideS13
04-18-2008, 05:33 PM
i have a 97 prelude but i don't race people

love and peace =)

but you have to know that most of those civic street racers are under 24 years old that that is the only rice rocket they can afford.

sk8ter1103
04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
just because ppl see that you have a nicely built car they think u will be up fo a race any given day.

i personally think that ppl that want to race every single car they meet.. are just DUMBASSES...

BustedS13
04-18-2008, 06:00 PM
OP: fuck you buddy! *hondas away*

aNskY
04-18-2008, 06:37 PM

love and peace =)

but you have to know that most of those civic street racers are under 24 years old that that is the only rice rocket they can afford.

lol like 240's are $?

dont get me wrong.. i love nissans.. and dislike most fwd
just seems like a lot of playa hatin goin on in this thread. like you guys never rev on anyone :bigok:

jackjack
04-18-2008, 06:53 PM
http://rsxisfaster.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/scootervtec.jpg

RiversideS13
04-18-2008, 06:57 PM
lol like 240's are $?

dont get me wrong.. i love nissans.. and dislike most fwd
just seems like a lot of playa hatin goin on in this thread. like you guys never rev on anyone :bigok:

that is the sad thing, now those ricers are jumping over 240sx and miata. so i see n some ghetto s13 going around to rev at people too. or attempt to drift on the street to show off. my point is ricer behavior explained by driver's immature mentality. i guess money were not really an issue nowadays because now kids are driving some nice cars.

airsoft
04-18-2008, 09:20 PM
haha my little civic daily hatchback gets revved at.

On the fwy, lights, etc.

I usually just down shift and give it a second or 2 of gas then let off and watch him fllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

and i pray a CHP is somewhere watching him go from 65 to 80+

Its funny because they just keep going... and going..

I must go from about 70mph and go to about 73mph lol, and watch him go go go...

Kinda fends them off, like let them keep going.. as if they won or something like theres some sort of finish line and they just keep going...

airsoft
04-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Shit this isn't Honda-Vtec.com/forums... im outta here

Sil-Abc
04-18-2008, 09:43 PM
u shouldve got in front him so he'll tailgate u, then u pull ur ebrake and then he can buy u a new car while u have a "hurt" neck :D

ByeByeSti
04-18-2008, 11:00 PM
honestly, easy on the hs jokes :) im in highschool. im 18, and im building my s14 from the ground up... but ya i get what you mean, most kids think there little civics or w/e it is they drive are the shit and rev the piss out of it at people and try to race them. anyways srt4's are quick, my friend bought one and i drove it all around, i smoked my friends rex with absolutely no problem at all without any hesitation, and even let him get a head start.

but civics... i cant stand, up here and down south, where ever ive been. theres always people who drive them with there little aem intake stickers and intakes with a huge can on it and a huge spoiler with there jdm tyte 15" florescent painted rims who think there cars are 1000 hp supras or something with the price tag of a bimmer on it... even turbo'd there still not that quick. i mean ya if you invest your life into them then they can be, but in the end its still a civic.. just like in the end an srt is still a neon...

ronmcdon
04-19-2008, 02:47 AM

love and peace =)

why 24 of all ages? That is optimistic, but I very much doubt 'street racing' is limited by age and income. actually around here in los angeles, if anything the kids drive like the elderly. its frustrating.

usually it's the yuppies and the boomers in their bmw/mercedes/porsche that usually feel like they need to prove something

RiversideS13
04-19-2008, 03:35 AM
lol i was just been stereotype, don't worry about my statement. i was just bored from studying.

Dirty Habit
04-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Around here you see tons of cavaliers/probes/escorts. Same symptoms as everyone else.

Except if they see your window is down in traffic they'll dog you for your "piece of shit import." lol.

Most of the time it's billy jo in his 89 ford f950 with 6ft lift kit and dual stacks coming out the trunk screaming shit and trying to throw shit through your sun roof. Makes for a good daily drive.

beeracing s14
04-19-2008, 07:15 AM
DAmn! that makes me a shameful EG6 driver though its my current grocery getter and gas saver, i dont want to drive it no more! :((

jackjack
04-19-2008, 09:59 AM
that is the sad thing, now those ricers are jumping over 240sx and miata. so i see n some ghetto s13 going around to rev at people too. or attempt to drift on the street to show off. my point is ricer behavior explained by driver's immature mentality. i guess money were not really an issue nowadays because now kids are driving some nice cars.

ungh, tell me about it. EVERYONE i run into is "looking/buying" a 240. gotta love the guys that buy automatics and think they're DK :keke:

slavetothemuzic
04-19-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm sure this happens to most everyone on this board.

I just laugh in their face when they give me "the stare" or rev at me.

aNskY
04-19-2008, 10:22 AM
haha my little civic daily hatchback gets revved at.

On the fwy, lights, etc.

I usually just down shift and give it a second or 2 of gas then let off and watch him fllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

and i pray a CHP is somewhere watching him go from 65 to 80+

Its funny because they just keep going... and going..

I must go from about 70mph and go to about 73mph lol, and watch him go go go...

Kinda fends them off, like let them keep going.. as if they won or something like theres some sort of finish line and they just keep going...

lol i do the same thing to rice, it really is hilarious especially when they give you the 4ways when they think they've won :coold:

bbejj123
04-19-2008, 12:00 PM
yeah. REAL Honda enthusiasts are like us, they just like Honda's. It's just too bad that HS kids have to ruin it for all import cars. I want to create a sign that says "Real life is not like the Fast and the Furious so fuck off."

I would buy one!:naughtyd:

Future240
04-19-2008, 12:53 PM

I would sooo buy that!!! I think they do it with hondas, because they are really cheap, have tons of fart pipe exhausts that get loud, and all their friends will think their car is cool with its 5 foot spoiler, lights in the gas tank, door handles, and engine block, their body kit that sticks out at some weird angle, with mesh all around it, and of course the chromed out tailights.

Meanwhile real car enthusiasts look at such cars and think :barf:

idahotuner
04-19-2008, 07:07 PM
why 24 of all ages? That is optimistic, but I very much doubt 'street racing' is limited by age and income. actually around here in los angeles, if anything the kids drive like the elderly. its frustrating.

25 is when insurance price drops. that is why 24 and under would be the ricer kinda want to rev at you stage. even the insurance companies think so.

legacy927
04-19-2008, 09:20 PM
LOL...every other day, there is always a civic or a stupid FIT that would try to race me on the way to work...reving their stupid rice rocket exhaust that does absolutely nothing...

silviaz
04-19-2008, 09:56 PM
lol. don't forget, civic owners loves 240sx now. They are selling their piece of junk to get into the drifting cool scene now.

ESmorz
04-19-2008, 09:58 PM
It bugs me too.

Although I don't feel the need to create a new thread about it to beat a dead horse...

illvialuver
04-20-2008, 12:56 AM
i dont see why its a surprise. you know honda drivers are the reason why cops pull over young people in japanese cars in the first place, or should i blame drag racing hondas? pretty much te same thing. cause i dont see muscel cars getting pulled over and they started drag racing, so i think it was hondas.
everyone i know who was part of the honda scene now drives audis and bmw and mercedes cause the cops dont pull them over.

sk8ter1103
04-20-2008, 01:21 AM
omg i had to post this on here.
so like 15 mins ago im on my way home,
and im on a red light [3 lanes] driving my moms armada and i see a nice clean porsche GT3
so i was like checkin out the car... and on the other side a 96/98 honda accord pulls over. 2 gangsters bumping some ghetto music and w/a ghetto exhaust.
they start reving at the porsche and take off on the green [pealing out and shit]
what they didnt see was RR tracks and a CHP cop... hahaha..
dumbasses sent sparks all over the place and got pulled over.

an_orange_s2k
04-20-2008, 01:26 AM
dumbasses sent sparks all over the place and got pulled over.
hahahha nice!!! dont u love it when shit like that happens...

steve_o1989
04-20-2008, 01:53 AM
No offense to anyone here, but there is a shit load of ignorant statements in this thread. There are ass clowns in every crowd, but there are enthusiasts too. There are civic owners that are jackasses and try to race everyone just like there are jackasses in the 240 crowd. One thing I truly hate is labeling.

As for the high school comment, I can see where it comes from but thats not necessarily true either. It is and always will be the idiots that do dumb things that create "labels" for a crowd because they are getting all the attention. No one is going to make a thread saying "I pulled up to 10 different civics at the lights today and none of them tried to race me!" It will be the one guy who did that gets noticed. I can say I honestly don't know of anyone that I go to school with that drives around revving on people trying to get a race. I don't, none of my buddies do, no one that I know of at my school does. Again, it will be the one kid who does that creates a bad name.

It is true though that is usually the younger guys that are looking to pull F&F, but its not all of them. The reality of it though is that our cars are cheap, they are popular, they're fun and and there is a huge after market support so majority of the owners are young. It is the same thing that cops do to pretty much all modded imports that we are doing to the other tuner crowds. They see a modified car and figure "oh it must be a street racer", just like it seems some of you see a civic and figure "oh he must be an idiot" Seems hypocritical...

Wait until you have a reason to judge them. If some assclown in a Probe tries to race you, you can see that HE is an idiot, but he isn't acting for everyone. Same goes for the Honda driver, the SRT4 driver, the high school kid, the DSM'ers, whoever, it doesn't matter.

Anyways thats just my $0.02, take it or leave it.

CrimsonRockett
04-20-2008, 01:57 AM
I get to go through this shit at LEAST 10 times on a DAILY fucking basis.

I drive through Alameda on a daily basis(because taking the freeway into Downtown LA in the morning takes FOREVER) and I always get revved at.

Driving to work, 2-3 stupid fucks.

Driving home, 3-5 dumb fucking low life idiots.

Driving to and from the gf's house(which is only a 15 minute drive), 4-7 worthless piece of shit cunts.

I hate it.

I choose to tilt my hat to the side, hold the steering wheel at the 12 o'clock position, and give them the finger.

Then, I drive at the speed limit while they push second gear for over 30 seconds waiting for me to pull on them.

That's why they crash and burn while I have the nice car.

Oh well.

They'll become extinct soon anyways.

Just put up with it for a few more months and you'll notice their numbers drop significantly.

To the above statement:

I can definitely agree with that.

All Honda owners/drivers aren't idiots.

It's the idiots trying to show off that give them a bad name.

I've seen so many clean and well built Honda's, but if the owner drives like a complete idiot, I suddenly hate the car.

I've learn to appreciate all clean/well built cars.

Not just my own.

Jimmy Up
04-20-2008, 02:10 AM
i dont see muscel cars getting pulled over and they started drag racing

Ticketed for "speed contest" in 05, I was in my chevelle and the guy in the gsr integra was pulled over and the cop decided he wanted me instead... let the honda(acura) go :(

errolorion
04-20-2008, 09:52 PM
i bet it was some greasy beaner

180sExy
04-20-2008, 10:09 PM
i bet it was some greasy beaner
Wow. I swear this kid is king of the one liners!

errolorion
04-20-2008, 10:25 PM
have you guys thought about making HOMO stickers and putting them all over those gay ass civics

lets retaliate

Slammed Assassin
04-20-2008, 11:14 PM
i agree with most of the things said on this thread..im 16 and i go to HS.(i worked at a lame ass store to buy my coupe)..well.theres this one kid in my school that thinks hes all bad ass in a riced out integ thats automatic..one day he pulls up right next to me and revvs the shit outta his car..when the light turned green he gunned it rite in front of a cop..the kid got his car impounded 4 not having a licence..ahah

ronmcdon
04-20-2008, 11:56 PM
eh, maturity goes both ways (for those who are quick to generalize). :w00t:

s14owner
06-27-2008, 11:27 PM
heres some funney shit im crusing home at like 1 in the morning on i 4 this pice of shit honda goes by me at like 95 im doing like 60 i can here his pipes from like 300 feet away so like 5 minutes later his car is broke down on the side of the road and hes yellin and trying to flag me down so i put on my signals and start to go off the highway when im like 10 feet away from the rear end of his car i peel out the look on his face was priceless OWNED

ESmorz
06-27-2008, 11:29 PM
heres some funney shit im crusing home at like 1 in the morning on i 4 this pice of shit honda goes by me at like 95 im doing like 60 i can here his pipes from like 300 feet away so like 5 minutes later his car is broke down on the side of the road and hes yellin and trying to flag me down so i put on my signals and start to go off the highway when im like 10 feet away from the rear end of his car i peel out the look on his face was priceless OWNED

Wow.

You're so cool.

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/102/threadnecromancyns1nf0.jpg

s14owner
06-27-2008, 11:34 PM
naw just that shit was hilarious

an_orange_s2k
06-27-2008, 11:34 PM
if he was being a dumbass leave him be, dont be a jerk and fuck around with him

rb25_s13*CHUKI
06-27-2008, 11:43 PM
naw just that shit was hilarious

Don't go down to hoda's level... U should have pulled over and helped him.. Don't be like a honda driver.. They did that to my friend when his ka was over heating.. They pulled up and said u should have got a honda.. I said (Fuck honda's).. I went down to their lvl.. I've helped a few broken honda's... Even with my honda emblem hanging from my tow hitch:keke::keke:..

spoolandslide
06-27-2008, 11:47 PM

what if his wife was giving birth?

didnt think about that now did you...

LB.Motoring
06-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Hate on me,

I drove a Honda today, a clean ass EK in white Si shit,

Its so fucking awesome, 1/10th of a tank to get back from San diego, yes 110 miles on a 1/10th of a tank FTW

SexPanda
06-27-2008, 11:54 PM
I sold my first 240 to a honda owner. Good friend of mine. Hes got a clean ass (lol) primered 93 civic with a 00 SI engine swap, hondata, all that good shit. He's using the 240 as a DD. Imagine that.

s14owner
06-28-2008, 01:51 AM
im sure his wife wasent giving birth if she was i would have gave theme a ride to the hospital and i proubly would have helped him out but i didnt have my gun that night and it is in a bad part of town like if youre car breaks down and you leave it there gona tow youre shit to the chopshop but i didnt wana get robed even though i have my conceald permit i didnt have my gun that night

spoolandslide
06-28-2008, 01:54 AM
just playin bro

Bubbles
06-28-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm not a ricer and I'm definitely not a 'real Honda enthusiast.'

I don't rev at people, I don't 'peel out' and I don't act like a general idiot.

I DO: get good mpg, cheap insurance, and reliability.

For a grocery getter they are perfect.

spoolandslide
06-28-2008, 05:03 PM
its just the guys who stack all their friends in the car and cruise around town trying to show off all their sick mods
which include: brand new kragen exhaust tip, injen decal, sportmax rims and their freshly painted black hood

its those guys, the guys that think they can drift, the guys that try to race you at a stoplight even though your in the left hand turn only lane

the same guys who think they got what nobody else has... VTEC

The ROMAN
06-28-2008, 05:26 PM
The other day some guy in a early 90s accord with clear taillights and a LOUD exhaust tailgated the hell outta me and then blew by me. My 240 was...on a trailer. I was towing it to the track. I just held the finger out of the window.

kouness
06-28-2008, 06:05 PM
No offense to anyone here, but there is a shit load of ignorant statements in this thread. There are ass clowns in every crowd, but there are enthusiasts too. There are civic owners that are jackasses and try to race everyone just like there are jackasses in the 240 crowd. One thing I truly hate is labeling.

As for the high school comment, I can see where it comes from but thats not necessarily true either. It is and always will be the idiots that do dumb things that create "labels" for a crowd because they are getting all the attention. No one is going to make a thread saying "I pulled up to 10 different civics at the lights today and none of them tried to race me!" It will be the one guy who did that gets noticed. I can say I honestly don't know of anyone that I go to school with that drives around revving on people trying to get a race. I don't, none of my buddies do, no one that I know of at my school does. Again, it will be the one kid who does that creates a bad name.

It is true though that is usually the younger guys that are looking to pull F&F, but its not all of them. The reality of it though is that our cars are cheap, they are popular, they're fun and and there is a huge after market support so majority of the owners are young. It is the same thing that cops do to pretty much all modded imports that we are doing to the other tuner crowds. They see a modified car and figure "oh it must be a street racer", just like it seems some of you see a civic and figure "oh he must be an idiot" Seems hypocritical...

Wait until you have a reason to judge them. If some assclown in a Probe tries to race you, you can see that HE is an idiot, but he isn't acting for everyone. Same goes for the Honda driver, the SRT4 driver, the high school kid, the DSM'ers, whoever, it doesn't matter.

Anyways thats just my $0.02, take it or leave it.

I agree with what this guy is saying.. He summed up what I would have said.. i know plenty of people with hondas, nissans... (not any with neons though).. they all seem to think just like what we think here.. Its mainly the crowd that you involve yourself with that you tend to find those who do what they do. If you hang out with a crowd that like to attract attention then thats what they do, if you hang with real car enthusiasts then thats what they do.

gerson408
06-28-2008, 09:44 PM
my brothers ss cobalt bad ass car fresh new rims and tires

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/xxxgerson699/Driverfrontend.jpg

like you guys were saying i was driving to pick up my bro and this integra pulls up hs kid not saying to much because im still in hs but im more mature bout driving but ok so im driving he does a ricer pull and leaves so im looking and im like ok and just drive away while mugging him

cesar_240
06-28-2008, 10:08 PM

WHOA WHOA
there
Hey, Im HS kid
and I aint into rev. cars and all and I hate ricers
but u dont have to hate on us, only some, the RICER
kind:madfawk: lol
Some of us HS kids are respectful:squintd:

luftrofl
06-28-2008, 10:25 PM

Eh, that strikes me as a bit too much time just to f with someone. From the way that you described the situation, it doesn't seem like he was fing with you. :confused:

wow-thats-a-cool-car
06-28-2008, 10:36 PM
I live in torrance which is down by the beach and I was driving on the strand to get to work and this civic SI launches at at every light. I do nouthing because were at the beach which is cop central. 4 lights later he gets nailed by the cops...dumbass

But i like the new Honda FIT is cute lol and the blue it comes in is hot

bunnathp
06-28-2008, 10:36 PM
seriously, those honda kids. wow. they revv down the street to a red light just so their stupid vtec goes on cause it "sounds cool." my friend owns a new 08 Si and thinks he's the shit and can smoke all 240s with a KA. spends all his cash on making his car "JDM". I get so much attention from stupid people that drive hondas, and stupid RSXs trying to race me to a red light. so stupid -_-
theyre not only high school kids. also a bunch of those asian guys with the fades and cricket hair.
and fart can mufflers are classic =D

illvialuver
06-28-2008, 11:19 PM
you know the man makes the car not the car makes the man. I don't think this is always true, especially not from a girls point of view, but it is true in reference to hondas. it's not the car that makes them douche bags its the douche bag that makes you dislike the car.

an_orange_s2k
06-29-2008, 01:13 AM
you know the man makes the car not the car makes the man. I don't think this is always true, especially not from a girls point of view, but it is true in reference to hondas (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=188083&page=4#). it's not the car that makes them douche bags its the douche bag that makes you dislike the car.

couldnt have put it better myself +rep

ESmorz
07-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Well I usually don't hate on Honda drivers, I just don't give them the time of day, look the other way and shrug em off.

Last night I was on my way home from jack in the box. I pulled out of cheap taco heaven and wound up behind an 80 something prelude ,a little shit box eg hatch, and a pretty cool little crx. I'm just cruising the speed limit saving gas and they all rev on me the crx falls back behind me in my lane, and the eg falls back into the other lane right beside me while the prelude stayed right in front of me.

At this point I'm just like what kind of fucking losers drive around at midnight around town looking for cars to do this to, they they must know they aren't even faster than my car in any way shape or form. Seeing as I've been having a really shitty week and I didn't even have a radio to calm me down, and knowing about people who do this kind of shit to commit insurance scams (because the black guy who plays the president in 24 says so) I was just like fuck it.

I gave the car beside me the peace sign got right on the ludes bumper, created space, dropped it down a gear and just railed it. I heard them do the same, heard one of them mis-shift too lol, but they were a good 8 or 9 car lengths behind me by the time I looked back. So I threw it into neutral and coasted to the light. Of course they all pull up to the light and turn with me. Do the same shit, except now it's only a one lane street and I was just hoping to god the whole time a car would come over the hill crests and hit the little crx that kept passing by all of us and then stopping by the side of the road and doing the same thing over and over.

The rest of the drive I was just like whatever and laughed till my cheeks hurt.

I don't even know what to say about the experience, except that the whole time I just kept thinking about the fast and the furious truck scene lol. I created a diagram to help you (the reader) understand.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/AvrilH8er13/chase.jpg

:keke::keke::keke:

spoolandslide
07-03-2008, 01:26 AM
^^^ i had that same exact thing happen to me a couple nights ago too except for i was cruising with a friend and when i saw a little cluster of hondas i was like "LOOK HONDAS! TURN RIGHT!" so we went up to them and they casually boxed us in like they had a routine or something

http://photos.somd.com/data/500/medium/IMG017.JPG
"HONDA PULLS ARE AS PRICELESS AS A BABYS LAUGH"

ESmorz
07-03-2008, 01:40 AM
^^^ i had that same exact thing happen to me a couple nights ago too except for i was cruising with a friend and when i saw a little cluster of hondas i was like "LOOK HONDAS! TURN RIGHT!" so we went up to them and they casually boxed us in like they had a routine or something

http://photos.somd.com/data/500/medium/IMG017.JPG
"HONDA PULLS ARE AS PRICELESS AS A BABYS LAUGH"

You know, come to think of it.

You were in the car.

:bow:

spoolandslide
07-03-2008, 01:53 AM
You know, come to think of it.

You were in the car.

:bow:

was i?:keke:

come to think of it... you were driving, right?

jsasrsr
07-03-2008, 02:42 AM
well shit, over here in germany we have a bunch of dumbasses trying to take their MK3 golfs and think they're the shit. they get a cheapo egay muffler and hose clamp it on, bubble tint thier windows, and drive around in thier 1liter shitboxes with loud exhausts and think there the fastest thing to hit the streets....

then it gets worse... at a stoplight, this early 20's turkish kid pulls up at the light with his 250lb gf, revving his engine so the whole world can hear, and then i pull up in a jdm s14, and all of a sudden it goes green, and he floors it, tires make a little chirp,he bucks, and i just kinda cruise laughing at him... i get to the next light and hes laughing at me like he just won some sort of race...what the hell, was i trying to race? NO

anyways, back to civics.. what i really hate is the average dumbass that doesnt know anything about cars, and buys a beater ass automatic civic and puts an ebay muffler on it and goes out trying to race anything its its path..

and those srt4 guys who do nothing to thier car except put a BOV on it and drive around acting like they have some 500hp tuned ass engine...

well, theres my two cents...

Omarius Maximus
07-03-2008, 02:44 AM
I was at the gym getting my swell on when an acquaintance came up to me and started talking about my car. We shot the shit for a little bit and then his buddy comes up and tells me that he wants to race me in his civic. I ask him what he has done...he says it's a 99 civic coupe with a B16 swap and intake, header, exhaust, cams and civic type R pistons...says he dynos 220whp. I wanted to call him on his bullshit, and said that I'd run him for 50 bucks.

This is where things get hilarious...he then says "I don't drag bro", I tell him okay..if you don't wanna go from a dig, we can go from a 20 punch...he says "nah bro, I mean, when I race, I go up to the touge with the clubrsx crew" By touge, he means palomar mt. here in SD...(retard thinks he's in initial D) He doesn't realize that I'm on Avon Tech RAs that I'm heat cycling, while his pos civic is riding on some crap chinese tire. Regardless, I'm not stupid enough to race at palomar of all places.

I told him that racing in the canyons is less about driver skill/car setup and more about who is the most reckless/stupid. I offered him a chance to go to the scca autocross at qualcomm and try to get a faster time than me there...he said he'd think about it.

The point that I'm trying to make is that the vast majority of honda "enthusiasts" are all talk.

spoolandslide
07-03-2008, 02:48 AM
I told him that racing in the canyons is less about driver skill/car setup and more about who is the most reckless/stupid. I offered him a chance to go to the scca autocross at qualcomm and try to get a faster time than me there...he said he'd think about it.

actually

racing in the canyons is more about driver skill/car setup and less about reckless/stupid

because if those two are racing, the reckless asshole is gonna crash

Omarius Maximus
07-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Nah, not really. When I go to the canyons, I never go above 7/10ths. I always want reserve traction for mid corner adjustments, or unforseen obstacles. The morons who think it's a track will go 10/10ths...usually, they'll be lucky in that unexpected shit doesn't happen to them...but if they ever need to adjust their line or brake mid corner, etc etc...they'll eat shit then.

I'd rather be safe at 7/10ths while being slower than go all out and have no reserve traction in the corners...it's not about skill when I purposely sandbag for safety. The people who are too stupid to do that will obviously be faster, but eventually they will total their shit. Palomar is already a joke because of retards like that.

Firestorm
07-03-2008, 06:24 AM
well shit, over here in germany we have a bunch of dumbasses trying to take their MK3 golfs and think they're the shit. they get a cheapo egay muffler and hose clamp it on, bubble tint thier windows, and drive around in thier 1liter shitboxes with loud exhausts and think there the fastest thing to hit the streets....

then it gets worse... at a stoplight, this early 20's turkish kid pulls up at the light with his 250lb gf, revving his engine so the whole world can hear, and then i pull up in a jdm s14, and all of a sudden it goes green, and he floors it, tires make a little chirp,he bucks, and i just kinda cruise laughing at him... i get to the next light and hes laughing at me like he just won some sort of race...what the hell, was i trying to race? NO

guess what i have to deal with every day :D

golfs and E36 bmws are the worst.

the day before yesterday i was on my way home, and i see this ugly white BB1-3 or something prelude with the ugliest bodykit man ever created. he started tailgating me and shit. at the stoplight he pulls up next to me and starts revving his non-vtec piece of crap honda, while some turkish music plays on his uber loud stereo. of course when the light turned green he took off with squaling tires and all. when he noticed i wasn't going after him he let his car fall behind me and start tailgating me again...jerk.

!Zar!
07-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Didn't read anything after the first post.

But seriously, who the fuck cares?

I see more 240's and other nissans doing some dumb shit on the rode than I see hondas.

Yuri
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Didn't read anything after the first post.

But seriously, who the fuck cares?

I see more 240's and other nissans doing some dumb shit on the rode than I see hondas.

Agreed.

However, I love it when a beat Honda or S-chassis pulls up next to me while I'm driving the Jag XK coupe, and start to stare me down.
My response is to roll my eyes at them, and then make eye contact with their g/f, smile, and maybe wink while maintaining eye contact with her the whole time.

The great thing is, the girl usually loves the attention, and the guy will get totally crestfallen. The message I try to pass to the guy is, try to mess with me by being immature, and I'll take your girl.
It works everytime. At the next light, the dude will always hang way back, and not make eye contact, while the girl is still usually trying to get my attention. It's hilarious.:keke:

kyoru
07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
There are always goofs in integra gs's that wanna race me in my G35, what a waste of gas.

Mi Beardo es Loco
07-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Actually, I get more beater 70 something wannabe muscle cars trying to rev their 150whp v8's nowadays than Honda drivers. I try to stay respectful because I have a 69 ss maro but to see a 16yo kid driving in what use to be a grandma car thinking it's a muscle car and yelling "Imports suck" then it gets on my nerves. I haven't dropped a gear in a little over 5 years now though. Never got caught cuz I never do anything stupid.

Yuri
07-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Actually, I get more beater 70 something wannabe muscle cars trying to rev their 150whp v8's nowadays than Honda drivers. I try to stay respectful because I have a 69 ss maro but to see a 16yo kid driving in what use to be a grandma car thinking it's a muscle car and yelling "Imports suck" then it gets on my nerves. I haven't dropped a gear in a little over 5 years now though. Never got caught cuz I never do anything stupid.

Oh. Yeah.
Sorry about that.
But just so you know, I've upgraded my 150hp V8 to around 220hp, so be kind, okay?

!Zar!
07-03-2008, 01:51 PM
You should see how many small penises try to race me when I'm on my bike.

Can't even go down the street without someone trying to race.

Just a few hours ago on my wat to work, a db7 was trying to start mess.

Dumb people are dumb.

VROOOM
07-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Oh. Yeah.
Sorry about that.
But just so you know, I've upgraded my 150hp V8 to around 220hp, so be kind, okay?

i saw a Duster like yours on Del Amo few days ago i thought it was gonna be you but it was an older guy.

Bubbles
07-03-2008, 03:25 PM
yaddda yaddda yaddda

That wasn't street racing.

You know how I know?

There wasn't a bright green Eclipse with neons.

s13boy89
07-03-2008, 05:13 PM
:goyou:hahahahahahhaah