PDA

View Full Version : quick: whats cool that i can get in canada but not the usa?

tastyratz
04-18-2008, 08:59 AM
so im on vaca in montreal right now and live in nh
lots of cool stuff here we dont have back in the states.

the heinze ketchup here is a totally different blend and freakin amazing tastes sweet like a desert almost.

i picked up a bottle of alcool which is booze ive never heard of or seen back in nh and its rated 94% pure alcohol.

i noticed sudafed and allegra are OTC here instead of behind the counter or script.

what things can I get in canada but not really get in the usa that i should stuff my luggage full of?

checkout in the hotel where i lose my internet is in an hour and im driving home soon. shoulda thought of this sooner but hoping for a few quick replies lol

DOOK
04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
syrup... do it... now... you won't be disappointed

blueshark123
04-18-2008, 09:07 AM
weed lol
msg lenght

tastyratz
04-18-2008, 09:20 AM
lol everyone thinks its legal in canada but it really isnt per se. Ive heard in a small part of ontario having a miniscule amount is legal but alot of counter reports too. dont smoke pot so dont care.

is canadian maple syrup better than vermont? Im driving through vermont in the s14 to get back home. gas is retardedly expensive up here! fill up in the usa lol.

BustedS13
04-18-2008, 09:24 AM
bags of milk
loneliness
money with beavers on it

DOOK
04-18-2008, 09:25 AM
gas isn't any cheaper here... just went up almost 30 cents overnight yesterday... I think it's 3.70 a gallon here

KA-T_240
04-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Get a R32 and stuff your stuff inside it.

tastyratz
04-18-2008, 09:35 AM
ugg I just put 20 bux in my tank yesterday at $1.28 a liter which works out to $4.84 a gallon.
I paid like $3.15 to fill up in nh before we left

yea... gas is more.

ive seen 2 r32s so far in 2 days, beautiful sights.

blueshark123
04-18-2008, 09:35 AM
lol everyone thinks its legal in canada but it really isnt per se. Ive heard in a small part of ontario having a miniscule amount is legal but alot of counter reports too. dont smoke pot so dont care.

is canadian maple syrup better than vermont? Im driving through vermont in the s14 to get back home. gas is retardedly expensive up here! fill up in the usa lol.

Yea i know its not legal but its sure is damn cheaper but i really dont care much cause i dont smoke

mRclARK1
04-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Bags of milk is only in parts of the country, I get big 4 liter jugs where I live.
Only the nickel has a beaver on it... I think.
Maple syrup is good, so get some.
Yes, weed is illegal everywhere in Canada, unless you have a license to use it medicinally... they do exist here, but are not easy to get.

Really there isn't much difference in things between Canada and the US as far as unique or cool foods and drinks etc. Canada has some different candy, like Smarties (those are good) and chip flavors.

Then again, I'm out west, out east in Montreal... they could have lots of different things. Canada is like the US, it's big enough that shit changes a lot from one part of the country to another. Especially with quebec being the only French majority province.

SHIFT_*grind*
04-18-2008, 09:38 AM
S13 DTRLs
A-pillar plastic without the fucking seatbelt hump

Oh wait, you're not talking about car parts.

Genital herpes

tastyratz
04-18-2008, 09:38 AM
everyone has decent cars here
my needs paint 3 tone s14 sticks out like a sore thumb lol. I havent seen a single s14, just 1 nice white kitted s13 180 front.

im gonna checkout fairmount bagel in the next hour or so most likely

VROOOM
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
eat some Poutine that stuff is awesome!!!!

mRclARK1
04-18-2008, 09:43 AM
^^^That stuff is good for the first 1 min.

Then the gravy gets cold and the fries get soggy and it's like brown stringy vomit with cheese.

Eat it fast. :)

Pank
04-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Canada has some different candy, like Smarties (those are good) and chip flavors.

we have smarties in the US. 90% of trick or treating candy was smarties when i was growing up

BustedS13
04-18-2008, 10:24 AM
we have smarties in the US. 90% of trick or treating candy was smarties when i was growing up

smarties are like m&ms everywhere but in the US
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarties_%28Nestl%C3%A9%29

sephiroth99
04-18-2008, 10:29 AM
eat some Poutine that stuff is awesome!!!!
seconded, you gotta try poutine!!!! the best one are with the greasy brown fries mmmmmm

and watch out for the road craters :o

PBucch
04-18-2008, 10:31 AM
hookers bro!

Ninjabread
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
gas isn't any cheaper here... just went up almost 30 cents overnight yesterday... I think it's 3.70 a gallon here

haha stop complaining... over here 87 octane is almost 4.5 a gallon...

syrup... do it... now... you won't be disappointed

you try it yet??? haha

ESmorz
04-18-2008, 10:45 AM
A Canadian orphan...

VROOOM
04-18-2008, 10:52 AM
A Canadian orphan...

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k79/nismothecat/ike.jpg

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
If you kill someone in Northern Canada, and no one hears the screaming, is it murder?

Just checkin.

mRclARK1
04-18-2008, 11:30 AM

I used to think so too, until I lived in Canada. There is a candy called "smarties" in the US, but it's not the same thing like the Wiki link BustedS13 posted says. I find actual Nestle smarties taste a little different then M&M's even though they are basically the exact same thing. They even make a smartie flavored ice cream, which is probably one of my favorites.

DUFFM4N
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
humpty dumpty ketchup chips

azndoc
04-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Mats and Matt.

You can't get them here.

mRclARK1
04-18-2008, 11:34 AM
humpty dumpty ketchup chips

I know this man gets the good foods from the North. haha

Mats and Matt.

You can't get them here.

What? Don't want me? :fawk:

azndoc
04-18-2008, 11:39 AM
What? Don't want me? :fawk:

Dude we already had this discussion.

It's the whole cat issue.

No cats allowed in the U.S.

Which if I remember correctly you hate cats.

LongGrain
04-18-2008, 11:43 AM
wisconsin has milk in bags too...

yea, take that canada!

thestreetzking
04-18-2008, 11:45 AM
have we all forgotten about absinthe.. they have it in canada and it is the best everr

bloodangels13
04-18-2008, 11:48 AM
a hot canadian chick..... trust me their fun:yum:

MikeisNissan
04-18-2008, 11:56 AM
i know its been said already.. but marijuana.

drifting_changed_mylife
04-18-2008, 11:59 AM
jdm stuff!!!

SHIFT_*grind*
04-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Because Japan is in Canada!!!

Matej
04-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Free R32 yo.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/admicorscan/IMG_0977-1.jpg

ayuaddict
04-18-2008, 12:57 PM
I Fucking Love Canadian Women!

Misa Campo...Avril Lavigne....

bring them back.

Pank
04-18-2008, 01:00 PM
I used to think so too, until I lived in Canada. There is a candy called "smarties" in the US, but it's not the same thing like the Wiki link BustedS13 posted says. I find actual Nestle smarties taste a little different then M&M's even though they are basically the exact same thing. They even make a smartie flavored ice cream, which is probably one of my favorites.

whutttt, those look rad. i need some of those

MADE
04-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Cheap meds and sell it here like the guy who was selling dental stuff. You won't be a Zilvia first but I'm sure people will buy it.

beeracing s14
04-18-2008, 01:07 PM
whats in canada that is not in the us is....OEM foglights that come with the chuki 180sx! bwahahaha!

DUFFM4N
04-18-2008, 01:33 PM
I know this man gets the good foods from the North. haha

yeah just that one time, one of my accounts here sent me a bag of LAYS and Humpty Dumpty Ketchup chips

and 2 more of the same brands...but Dill Pickle...

they were AMAZING...i think i need a refill :keke:

mRclARK1
04-18-2008, 04:12 PM
^^^PM me bitch.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
04-18-2008, 04:23 PM
canadian herpes!

hurry and get some!

DUFFM4N
04-18-2008, 04:50 PM
just pm me how much for 2 bags of each, humpty dumpty brand..shipped to killa kali

Yuri
04-18-2008, 04:55 PM

Yeah, seriously.

Saying we have smarties in the US is the same as going to a Chicken Farm to pick up "Chicks."

I made sure to buy a few boxes last time I was in Canada.

They also have Lime Crush, and ketchup flavored potato chips.
And go have breakfast at Tim Horton's and pay with coins.
That was awesome.
They actually sell correct sizes of food, rather than giving you way too much.

VROOOM
04-18-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, seriously.

Saying we have smarties in the US is the same as going to a Chicken Farm to pick up "Chicks."

That was awesome.

i remember pulling all the change from my pocket and having like 14 dollars. it was weird.

Kurtis
04-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Smarties ( Your " Smarties " are what we call " Rockets ", and yes it is about 90% of Halloween candy )

Miss Vickie's Chips ( Crunchy and delicious )

Tim Hortons ( Aka Tims, Timmies, or Timmie Hoes... )

White Hot Chocolate ( Doubt you can find it anywhere though in this season )

If you get a chance to stop into a Dairy Queen, go for a Smartie blizzard! or you could try a Smartie McFlurry at Mcdonalds!! :)

Although I guess if you wanted to you could get a bag of milk... and um.... iunno... do something with it, maybe stab it with scissors and poor it all over Glenn Humplik?.

Yuri
04-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Miss Vickie's Chips ( Crunchy and delicious )

White Hot Chocolate ( Doubt you can find it anywhere though in this season )

You can get Miss Vickie's Chips in SoCal.

You can also order white hot chocolate from Coffee Bean and Starbucks even though it's not on the menu.

mRclARK1
04-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah, seriously.

That was awesome.

Tim Hortons :barf: Not a fan.. donuts are good, but that's about it.

i remember pulling all the change from my pocket and having like 14 dollars. it was weird.

All the change gets annoying. Seriously. I have like $12 in my wallet in metal right now. If you ever want to be a ninja in Canada, you leave your wallet at home.

just pm me how much for 2 bags of each, humpty dumpty brand..shipped to killa kali

I actually can't get those where I live. I can get a lot of other brands that are really good though... I'll hook you up with those if you want.

silviaguy240
04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
idk if its still in season, but white hot chocolate at dunkin donuts too here.

tastyratz
04-18-2008, 09:41 PM
back in nh.
yea we have white hot chocolate in new england at dunkin donuts too.
i went to fairmont bagel - holy crap Ive never had a bagel like that in my life and I almost wouldnt call it the same kind of food. Its fire cooked bagels which are nonexistant here you only get oil fried bagels. Totally different soft fall apart baguette like amazingness.
Tried escargo- was awesome. had it twice, just tastes like mushrooms.

they have crush everything there, crush cream soda is amazing got a 2 liter of it.
didnt see any maple syrup worth buying- all the stuff looked too commercial to be worth it.

I did pass a medicinal marijuana store - had a big green cross and a pot leaf lol

some babysitting place called twit funhouse- amusing

all the people are great - they drive crazy like me so I blend right in. Not everyone lays on their horns but have no problem just going out and merging in like you wouldn't care - and you don't because they aren't asshats that merge in and go 20mph slower- those people actually wait.
Cops stick out like crabs on a nun. The lights on the roof are humongous and look like they just strap them to roof racks - see them from a mile away.

A lot of the street signs were different - very cartoonish. Felt like a theme park. Couldn't be any better because I called it canada land most of the time I was there and it really was true.
Everyone dressed funny and talked funny so its just like a real theme park (lol @ french).

People were just genuinely nice and everything they say about america is true. Were all a bunch of fat lazy rude slobs. I got over there and service was a complete turnaround, quick not rushed- with a genuine smile, everyone was friendly and everyone was in far better shape than us. I think I saw a half dozen fat people the whole trip out of the thousands I saw on foot walking around and everything. No joke it was really strange. All the chicks had crazy bodies and I was glad I had reflective sunglasses walking around with my fiancee or I woulda been busted lol.

mRclARK1
04-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Why don't you take some of the snow we just got.

FAWK!

Snow in fucking April?!? What the hell?!?!

ByeByeSti
04-18-2008, 11:09 PM
have we all forgotten about absinthe.. they have it in canada and it is the best everr

i second that, you should have picked some up. the shit is crazyyy... but anyways glad you had a good trip!!! im hoping to go up there before i move to florida in august

JVD
04-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Go to Tim Hortons... and get in line. Haha. I swear any time of day, any day of the week, you're always going to have to wait in a line. No one cares though. It's worth it. I like their breakfast sandwiches... and donuts. MMMMmmmm. Cream Supreme.

steve_o1989
04-18-2008, 11:26 PM
Why don't you take some of the snow we just got.

FAWK!

Snow in fucking April?!? What the hell?!?!

Ahh sucka. I think we are supposed to miss it down here, starting in Montana and working its way up. Even though the weather will be cold here, I can live with it. I couldn't live with 50cm of snow... It was 20*C here today, tomorrow is supposed to be 18, Sunday 16 and then Monday is 3 fucking degrees.

To the OP: Get some beer, some bitches, chips and an igloo ;)

steve_o1989
04-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Go to Tim Hortons... and get in line. Haha. I swear any time of day, any day of the week, you're always going to have to wait in a line. No one cares though. It's worth it. I like their breakfast sandwiches... and donuts. MMMMmmmm. Cream Supreme.

Tim Horton's isn't even that great...yeah, I just said it haha. I mean its good and all, but nothing amazing. I must add though that the maple glazed doughnuts are the shit.

PhilthyS13
04-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Tylenol with codeine over the counter.

Weird and exotic potato chip flavors like gravy and dill pickle.

Cadbury chocolate.

Cigarettes with pictures of cancerous lungs or shrunken testicles on them.

mRclARK1
04-19-2008, 12:27 AM
Ahh sucka. I think we are supposed to miss it down here, starting in Montana and working its way up. Even though the weather will be cold here, I can live with it. I couldn't live with 50cm of snow... It was 20*C here today, tomorrow is supposed to be 18, Sunday 16 and then Monday is 3 fucking degrees.

To the OP: Get some beer, some bitches, chips and an igloo ;)

We have about a solid 8 inches of slush right now. Took me almost an hour to do a normally 20 min. drive to get my Z home and sleeping in the garage again till it improves... I'm told that is Tuesday, but it's expected to be colder then normal till begining of May. Not even 5 days ago I had my T-tops off and was enjoying a warm sunny day. I remember looking, we were warmer then some parts of socal that day :ugh:

That's how quick the weather can change here.

Dirty Habit
04-19-2008, 05:07 AM
Don't forget your toque and mittens, eh.

Now take off, ya hoser.

flip3d
04-19-2008, 07:59 AM
a hot canadian chick..... trust me their fun:yum:

Jesus man. It's they're.

But yeah, they are fun. Very short though.

fromxtor
04-19-2008, 08:41 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarties_%28Ce_De_Candy%29

^^We had this variant of the smartie.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b3/SmartiesUSvsCANADA.jpg/765px-SmartiesUSvsCANADA.jpg

njd07
04-19-2008, 10:00 AM
^^^
those are not smarties, here are what smarties are:

http://www.halfpennybooksandmore.com/images/Smarties%2056g.JPG
http://giltphoto.com/images/misc/smarties1.jpg

BustedS13
04-19-2008, 11:32 AM
okay, a few notes.

Burger King has ketchup flavored chips now. they have them in the vending machine here at work. they're pretty good.

absinthe is bullshit no matter where it's from. Euro Trip doesn't represent reality.

you SHOULD:
go to a junkyard
load up on manual s13 belts and plastic, and daytime running lights

tastyratz
04-19-2008, 09:04 PM
heh
Absinth with wormwood is not bs, but its certainly not eurotrip. Wormwood is basically thc.
Thc = pot.
true absinthe = drunk AND stoned. That's about it.
Wormwood is banned in canada so its not like its going to be any better up there anyways.

Smarties- I have a package of the reg ones without nuts from IGA groceries up there. I had a few the other day - eh. Kinda like m&ms except a thicker better candy shell and crappier tasting chocolate - guess it evens out a bit but I somewhat prefer m & ms because the chocolate is much better.

jfc3po
04-19-2008, 10:01 PM
do yall not realize that they sell Absinthe in a select few US states now? Washington DC now sells REAL absinthe...with wormwood...its legal now. A few bars here in NC have it now...

Look it up if you don't believe me...read it in the paper last week...

tastyratz
04-19-2008, 10:41 PM
wow didn't know that

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/12/arts/12conn.html?_r=2&adxnnl=1&oref=login&ref=arts&adxnnlx=1196348707-GILHXLYStuGcqFwfDKKwsA&oref=slogin

The New Yorker reported in 2006, the regulated chemical thujone, found in wormwood and once thought to have been the cause of absinthe’s lure and its dangers, did not show up in any significant quantities in analyses of historical absinthe. So these authentic replicas, despite containing wormwood, do not pose a legal challenge

Guess I shoulda paid attention.
I have a bottle of absinthe sans wormwood but maybe Ill try one of the newer legit ones. So much for the wormwood hype everyone seems to have worked up though.

silviaz
04-19-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm happy to see most of you love the province of quebec. When I opened the thread I was thinking it'll be full of crap. You actually didn't come here during the summer. It's another world seriously. When the temperature is hot, everybody is smiling, no rush at all.....

In mtl they drives like nuts but over here in quebec city it's a totally different mentality. It's way better! You should come more often, it's the anniversary of the quebec city all the summer it's gonna be crazy with all the festivals and shows.......

If you need more informations about that just pm me. I'll do my best to help you.

tastyratz
04-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Ill probably be coming up again in 6 months if I get approved for lasik after going awhile without rubbing my eyes. It really was nice. Mtl drivers were crazy but I loved it, I blended right in! That's the way I drive everywhere else except everyone else is doing it so I don't look like the only asshole. People drive and get done what they need to get done without just getting mad at everyone else for doing the same thing. People seemed more qualified to do it so it was more crazy that idiots driving like asshats with no clue how to do it.

flip3d
04-20-2008, 09:34 AM
How come the U.S. gets the shitty Smarties that taste like chalk?

JVD
04-20-2008, 11:44 AM
How come the U.S. gets the shitty Smarties that taste like chalk?
Our Smarties aren't good either. Don't sweat it. They were always the last thing left from Halloween. I'd eat all the good shit and I'd have like 20 tiny boxes of Smarties. They pretty much always get thrown out.

shrimpscampi
04-20-2008, 05:16 PM
To those on the absinthe kick...it is legal to import and possess and consume absithe...ask any young lawyer.