PDA

View Full Version : Castrol Syntec Top Shop Challenge

Nismoknightska-t
04-18-2008, 06:11 AM
this should be good.. check it out.. and vote for the import tuner engine, being built by g-dimension..

http://www.syntectopshop.com/

The proverbial question every gearhead wants to know: Which engine is the best?

Is it high compression, high-revving normally aspirated four-bangers? Or how about twin-turbocharged sixes putting out tarmac ripping horsepower? Or is it the no-replacement-for-displacement V8 domestics putting out metal twisting low-end torque? Like arguing over who the greatest boxer is of all time, the age-old debate will never end. Until now.

Thanks to Castrol Syntec and our sister publications (Super Street, Lowrider, eurotuner, Sport Compact Car, Modified and Turbo) we are finally going to put the dispute to rest. Each of the magazines, including yours truly, will select a motor and a tuning shop to build, tune and dyno, to see how much power they can make.

04-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Cool stuff. Thanks for the info, don't read mags so never knew about this.

g-dimension is going to have a tough time against ams, cosworth and sp. I think it will be one of them who wins. The rb26 and 4g63 can get 1000hp pretty easy now.

I like Alex at SP's philosophy in tuning.

IStop4NoMan
04-18-2008, 12:52 PM
ha that bisi place is in my city. Ive never even heard of them before and they are a few blocks from my house.
i like the odds, 3 nissan engines and all three are pretty stout.
i would be worried about a twin turbo big block V8 though. thats definately going to have some low end torque to match.

HyperTek
04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
go G-dimensions! support my local shop!

ive had them fab stufff for me b4.. they know their stuff.. yah they arent big in the media, their shop is in the back of some industral building and off site so you wouldnt know how to get to them if you where just driving around.

Gonna be tought against cosworth though, since they can make their own engine parts

hmm Ace machine respresenting lowrider is in my town riverside.. i never heard of em , but again im not into lowriders, but shoudl be interesting.

04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
I agree really is no replacement for displacement, especially with turbos on top.

AMS just did a 1130awhp 4g63 today which is pretty crazy for a 2 liter.

HyperTek
04-18-2008, 01:26 PM
dam SP engineering is in this too.. they gotta be one of the more marketed shops.

So is the goal of this comp to make the most hp?

Nismoknightska-t
04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
dam SP engineering is in this too.. they gotta be one of the more marketed shops.

So is the goal of this comp to make the most hp?

well yea kidda.. more horsepower per liter..

chibo
04-18-2008, 02:42 PM
well yea kidda.. more horsepower per liter..
Sounds a little unfair to larger engines. :hahano:
Well, my 2L put down 1200whp.... but it has a 100rpm usable powerband.... while the 5.7L v8 puts down 1200whp and is a death machine.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
04-18-2008, 03:07 PM
don't think g dimension can win this one! i think sp might take it.

tacotacotaco
04-18-2008, 03:21 PM
I would like to see a fully built ka24de-t in the mix.

Nismoknightska-t
04-18-2008, 03:42 PM
I would like to see a fully built ka24de-t in the mix.

hahah me too..

thats my fully built ka-t in the g dimension video!!