PDA

View Full Version : Were you or are you in a band?

jimmytango00
04-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Just wondering if any fellow zilvians were in any bands or are currently in one.

Post a link if you have one to some of your music and post what instrument you played, also any pictures of you playing would be sweet.

I played drums for these two bands and did other recordings with a few other bands. no longer in a band though but shit do i miss playing shows.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=8532101

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=3293441

and here is a pic :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/sergis/drums.jpg

ESmorz
04-16-2008, 11:24 PM
I am.

Already mentioned in several threads but what the hell.

I drum for a little thing me and some friends who wanted to play some older school hardcore.

www.myspace.com/simpleasthatmusic

jimmytango00
04-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I am.

Already mentioned in several threads but what the hell.

I drum for a little thing me and some friends who wanted to play some older school hardcore.

www.myspace.com/simpleasthatmusic

sounds really good. playing Hardcore shows was the funnest.

ESmorz
04-16-2008, 11:37 PM
sounds really good. playing Hardcore shows was the funnest.

Thanks man. Yeah the energy is unparalleled.

Were currently situating a new bassist so that's kind of a pain haha.

downshift_sideways
04-16-2008, 11:40 PM
I've been a few bands. It's very fun but sometimes takes up most of your time. I'm laying low at the moment managing a local band

http://www.myspace.com/devilswalk

I still jam out all the time with friends, at kick it and parties.
I play guitar, and can hold it down on the drums.

drift freaq
04-16-2008, 11:43 PM
I performed live at Raves in norcal and socal . I did jungle live with keyboards and whatnot sometimes with a DJ at the same time as well. Currently I compose and thats about it. My main thrust these days is film and TV. Good money I might add once your in.

jimmytango00
04-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I've been a few bands. It's very fun but sometimes takes up most of your time. I'm laying low at the moment managing a local band

http://www.myspace.com/devilswalk

I still jam out all the time with friends, at kick it and parties.
I play guitar, and can hold it down on the drums.

sweet. ...this band you posted reminds me alot of scars of tomorrow ..not sure if you've heard of them, i almost went on tour with them 2 years ago but car payment held me back.

hey driftfreaq..got anything we can listen to?

drift freaq
04-16-2008, 11:52 PM
sweet. ...this band you posted reminds me alot of scars of tomorrow ..not sure if you've heard of them, i almost went on tour with them 2 years ago but car payment held me back.

hey driftfreaq..got anything we can listen to?

Actually ya I do but I will have to decide how to put it up because I absolutely hate MP3'ing my music. I can hear the smear MP3 compression creates.
I am actually working on my new website prismaticmusic.com but its not up yet.

deolio
04-16-2008, 11:54 PM
i am. i play guitar. we just got done recording, but the mixing is taking for ever. i'll post my myspace once the cd is finnished.

revat619
04-17-2008, 12:01 AM
i play in the band at my church if that counts! lol

I play drums...and sing too. At church i play gospel/contemporary/funk/r&b/jazzy type stuff. At home or with my friends i play punk/whatever rock. I'm working on my double pedal speed a lot so i can be better at more metal/hardcore type stuff though. I'm basically trying to play all styles. And play them well.

Church band is enough for me though. It takes up enough time as it is. Although, playing or singing in a band does sound really fun!

OurOnePassion
04-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Damn... I've been in a few metal/hardcore bands... but we never did much as far as shows or recording. Aside from the basic recording on a tape and showing guys in good bands to see what they thought.

All the guys I played with lived too far away for me to care to waste what little money I had to practice as much as they wanted to. And we never could find a drummer that could keep up with us.

Not to jack this shit, but... have you ever gone through the deal where you "sit in" with a band that already has an established fanbase and then they want you to play instead of their current (in my case) guitarist? That shit sucks! I turned it down, just because their current guitarist really liked their stuff...

Nowadays, I stick to playing/practicing by myself in my apartment while my non-english speaking neighbors reluctantly listen. Plus, my fav guy to play with moved out of state. Bahhhhhh. Sorry I don't have more than a story to contribute. I wish I had the time for another band. One day.

wrapmeup2005
04-17-2008, 01:41 AM
I play drums, was in Drum Line but not any corps and played in a alternative/punk band, a couple shows and a cheap recording. That broke up because the guitarist left to the marines and the singer was a dummy. The rhythm guitarist and I found a mexican guy that sang and played guitar and we used a synth aswell and played some damn good rock en espanol, that had a lot more "paying" shows and a better recording. Then that guy had a kid and so now its just me and the rhythm guitarist again :blah:

jimmytango00
04-17-2008, 01:54 AM
I play drums, was in Drum Line but not any corps and played in a alternative/punk band, a couple shows and a cheap recording. That broke up because the guitarist left to the marines and the singer was a dummy. The rhythm guitarist and I found a mexican guy that sang and played guitar and we used a synth aswell and played some damn good rock en espanol, that had a lot more "paying" shows and a better recording. Then that guy had a kid and so now its just me and the rhythm guitarist again :blah:

man is it just me or does it seem like most bands break cause of women? haha no offence ladies.

My first band broke up cause are singer met this girl at a club and got her pregnat. She already had a kid so right away she was bad news...funny shit though, the kid she already had look just like him it was pretty weird. Then our bass player gets with a girl and she takes all his time and doesnt like that fact that he's in a band so yeah ...we just broke it off.

It was good times though..fuck i miss it!! We played this show in south central once and while we were loading are equipment some mexican guy who was throwing a party for his daughter across the street comes up to us and he's like (in spanish) "hey i really liked you guys, Its my daughters birthday party ..would you guys play if i paid you $100" haha we were to lazy to play our own songs so we covered a bunch of deftones songs...i guess the people who were at the other show across the street heard us playing so they all came over and sang along.