PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to REAL group buys?

DJ_Sunrise
04-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Is it just me.. or did REAL group buys disappear. All I see in that section now is bull shit that should be in advertisers specials, or open group buys. Open group buy? Who the fuck are you trying to kid?? Save $5 on an exhaust over the competition! Wow! What a steal!!! I remember when I first signed up with zilvia 5 years, and not too long ago.. Group buys were the real deal, the best way to get great parts cheap. I'm in shock and awe at other car forums where prices on parts can little be dropped in half. Mods, any input? Someone, please tell me what happened to the Real group buys. :nono: :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw: :aw:

-Bart

azndoc
04-16-2008, 06:03 PM
Ebay that's what happened.

lflkajfj12123
04-16-2008, 06:03 PM
yeah group buys used to be the way to go

but things are easier to get now and the prices are driven down due to competition

whats there to be complaining about though, you can get a good price still and don't have to wait on a group buy.

drift freaq
04-16-2008, 06:09 PM
I did many group buys both open and not open and my prices were good. What really happened with group buys.?
Your asses got fucking cheap and lowballing. You fuckers started asking for shit shipped at the group buy cost. Sorry but no matter how much you complain your own constituents brought this about. If you have not noticed fucking the whole 240 thing these days is all about lowballers. Don't complain because you probably don't want to pay for shit yourself.

P.S. Why is it I have open group buy right now for s13 kouki tails at one of the best prices on the net,yet no is buying. On top of it 5 or 6 people all say they want them get all the info and then fall off the face of the earth. Two words lowballs and flakes. Welcome to the current average 240 owner mindset. Y

P.P.S. I am really not bitter but the language will definitely get the point across.

DJ_Sunrise
04-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Lmao. I agree some people may be like that...but you won't find a single "cheap" part on my car.

-Bart

TiNMAN
04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
here, buy some shirts. i guarantee you the lowest price on the net for em. :D (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=183031)

BustedS13
04-16-2008, 06:20 PM
because there's an advertiser's specials and a group buy section, no "let me advertise this one thing i want to sell" section
that's really it

Full-Lock
04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
i remember raretrick had some badass group buys..too bad they shut down :[

supermade
yashio factory
vertex
etc

KA-T_240
04-16-2008, 07:24 PM
Everyone wants the lowest prices. Businesses lower prices so they can be lower then the compition so they can compete pricewise and get business. Then the others lower prices until they are stilling stuff for less then 5% above cost. Then cheap crappy knock of shit also is making it hard for good stuff to sell at reasonable prices. Cause you get stupid ricers that want the cheap crap.

Needless to say, customers are in someway responsible for companies not being able to do limit quanity super deals.

mrmephistopheles
04-16-2008, 11:48 PM
moved to OT

HalveBlue
04-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Group busy went away because parts are A LOT easier to get these days. And the prices are getting more affordable.

Well, that's part of it, at least.

Too many people are buying shit parts trying to save a couple of bucks instead of buying the money to buy parts that work, will last, and look good doing it.

Group buys aren't worth it unless it's for something that has a limited production run or can be bought for cheap at greater volume.

Besides, half the "buyers" in group buys tend to flake out.

And then there's the shady group buys that go south.

Take your pick, the answer lies somewhere in the above.

GOD I'm tired.

P.S. I'm flying to Germany tomorrow. WOOT! WOOT!

fliprayzin240sx
04-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Like ive told everybody who told me they wanna buy any rims ive sold. Zilvia is now full of dreamers and wishers. If you cant afford it when you say you wanna buy it, dont waste my time. I love it when people say I wanna buy it but im not getting paid for 2 wks. And thats my problem how? Or the nice low ball price of $1000 shipped for something that was $1500 plus shipping, and actually BEG me for that price because I'm a "nice guy."

WanganRunner
04-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Raretrick was such a great operation.

Anyway, yeah, most of the people getting into S-chassis now want to build cars for nothing and don't particularly care about getting quality/original shit. Getting $400 off a set of RE30s in great fitment isn't going to appeal to these people because they'll just buy a set of Sportmaxes for $350 on eBay.

I agree that people lowballing and just generally being cheap is killing everything. People buy 240's in the first place because it's a cheap car....you don't see nearly as much lowballing in, say, Z33 or S2k owner's circles. There are kids buying S13's that want to do their whole build for $1-2k. They're going to go for used stuff on craigslist and cheap ebay parts, not groupbuys on quality shit.

PBucch
04-17-2008, 07:42 AM
lol lowballers are nothing new, this is how it is in the car business, you guys are funny.

you can tell from youre first corespondence with a potential customer if hes for real or not. if you cant maybe youre not cut out for this?

To the kid who says the community is all dreamers nowadays, i agree, but mostly because any swingin dick can get online and type. But some of the shit I see in the for sale sections on here is crazy, 1500-2k for used wheels with curb rash? just cause theyre low offset jdm? GTFO! i know is nice to look cool to e-friends and shit but I tend to take a realist view when it comes to these matters.

jackjack
04-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Ebay that's what happened.

EXACTLY. ebay f'ed up everything. its all about lowballing and cheapest price possible.

StaticX27
04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Like ive told everybody who told me they wanna buy any rims ive sold. Zilvia is now full of dreamers and wishers. If you cant afford it when you say you wanna buy it, dont waste my time. I love it when people say I wanna buy it but im not getting paid for 2 wks. And thats my problem how? Or the nice low ball price of $1000 shipped for something that was $1500 plus shipping, and actually BEG me for that price because I'm a "nice guy."

^ This guy wins. However it's not just Zilvia... Its the whole low end of the industry. When I was going around with the RX7 guys, I found people were far more willing to take care of their things, and spend some money for quality parts. I havent' seen too many RX7's rocking megan parts, yet on here that seems to be the standard (despite how many people knock on it). Hell, even I'm running megan parts, and I'm one of those crazy baller FD owners!

Bottom line is, shops have rent to pay, employees to pay, and their own mouth to feed. How will they stay in business if they keep selling everyone crap at $5 over their cost? You think their bill collectors will take money off "because they're nice guys?" Hell no, they'll shut down the shop and take the owner for anything they can just to get their money back. Thats why even though I get good prices from people, I don't complain at the price. If it's higher I'll tell em straight up "Ya, I've been seeing it for this price on line" and if they're willing to price match, cool, score for me. But I'm not gonna sit there and say "Gimme phat lewtz for your cost!" That would be selfish and inelegant of me. Just like customers have to feed themselves, so do shop owners. Its not like all shops are sitting there swimming in money, no matter how nice their place looks.

mkiv98
04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
man i shouldnt have bought stance! shoulda got megan racing or ksport...hahaha good ol 240s

stiizy
04-17-2008, 12:35 PM
i remember groupbuy.com buying dc headers for the teggy haha..

Farzam
04-18-2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah I miss seeing groupbuys on forums...and such

kdashy
04-18-2008, 12:31 AM
I did many group buys both open and not open and my prices were good. What really happened with group buys.?
Your asses got fucking cheap and lowballing. You fuckers started asking for shit shipped at the group buy cost. Sorry but no matter how much you complain your own constituents brought this about. If you have not noticed fucking the whole 240 thing these days is all about lowballers. Don't complain because you probably don't want to pay for shit yourself.

P.S. Why is it I have open group buy right now for s13 kouki tails at one of the best prices on the net,yet no is buying. On top of it 5 or 6 people all say they want them get all the info and then fall off the face of the earth. Two words lowballs and flakes. Welcome to the current average 240 owner mindset. Y

P.P.S. I am really not bitter but the language will definitely get the point across.

Yeah, it got something across.

Group busy went away because parts are A LOT easier to get these days. And the prices are getting more affordable.

Thats pretty much it. Who doesn't have a 240 these days?

DJ_Sunrise
04-21-2008, 01:33 PM
LMAO I like lots of these responses... No offense, but I will say many 240 owners lack brain cells. Many of my friends included. I have a tomei expreme exhaust manifold.. 2 years now, perfect. My one buddy has gone through 3 megan manifolds in 3 years.. his excuse? its so cheap, I'll just buy another!! Yea Dude, keep doing that. I have a megan dp and outlet. Guess what.. They both cracked after ONE STINKING YEAR. So now I have a greddy dp, and a tomei outlet.

Its soooo much cheaper to buy shit cheap parts!!!! Nah dude. Don't build your car off of ebay brand shit, build it right. How much money can people possibly save? None... When you consider all the extra hours required to make cheap shit work, and having to replace it for the brand name part soon after...

KA24DESOneThree
04-21-2008, 02:46 PM

The truth.

I want to have some caliper adapters made, but I can't really see the point anymore. I wanted to have some trunk lids made, but there was no point. I want to have some hoods made, but there's no point. Everything I have made will be for myself because I'd rather pay that high price than make a production run that won't sell.

Eventually, everything that's widely available on the market will be complete shit and you'll have to fabricate anything halfway decent. Then, and only then, will group buys make a resurgence at their previous savings levels. Hell, when I look at the Japanese market, I see the same deluge of complete and utter shit being shoveled into the hands of those who think they can have their cake and eat it too.

SPL can't do a group buy of their arms, because even at group buy prices they can't compete with Megan or TCS or Deluboz or Godspeed or PBM.

You really want to blame someone? Blame the guy next to you supporting Chinese rip-off parts and decreasing sales of the companies doing the R&D. Once they die, no one will do the R&D, and you'll be back to what I said above.