PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Drivers Ahhhh!

boost_addict
04-15-2008, 07:08 PM
okay so i just put vista on my laptop, than i just found out that it didnt support it so i rolled back to windows xp pro... so now everythings fresh. Problem is i tried to DL drivers for my laptops built in wireless and shit dont work!!! so i DL'd the drivers for the wirless n still no WORK!! ahh please help comp peps!:D

the laptop is a .. HP Pavilion ZE5385US Notebook PC

k0uki
04-15-2008, 07:14 PM
have u tried going to hp's website for the drivers?

boost_addict
04-15-2008, 07:15 PM
have u tried going to hp's website for the drivers?

i did and the wireless still doesnt work!

BIZERK
04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Ok. did the driver successfully install?

if so, you might want to make sure that you have the wireless turned on. sometimes laptops have a hard switch and a "soft" switch to turn on the wireless. So if you have a hard switch, make sure it is switched to the on position and also make sure that the "soft" switch is on. There is usually an indicator light somewhere on the laptop to signal that the wireless is turned on. the indicator is typically a dot with some semi circles coming out from it.

if not, keep searching for a driver that will install properly. and by properly i mean that it installs and actually matches your hardware.

boost_addict
04-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Ok. did the driver successfully install?

if so, you might want to make sure that you have the wireless turned on. sometimes laptops have a hard switch and a "soft" switch to turn on the wireless. So if you have a hard switch, make sure it is switched to the on position and also make sure that the "soft" switch is on. There is usually an indicator light somewhere on the laptop to signal that the wireless is turned on. the indicator is typically a dot with some semi circles coming out from it.

if not, keep searching for a driver that will install properly. and by properly i mean that it installs and actually matches your hardware.

yeah it installed... yeah i was pressing the button like all day LOL still no light..

BIZERK
04-15-2008, 08:14 PM
lol so it won't light up at all? and it worked previously before you installed Vista?

Gnnr
04-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Right Click on My Computer > Properties > Device Manager. Make sure there are no exclamation marks next to the Network Adapters.

If your comptuer has a serial number on it, you can go to the HP website and put it in. It should give you the exact driver you need,. When you put in the model number it'll give you a bunch of drivers if more than one Wireless Card was offered with that model.

mangoes
04-15-2008, 11:14 PM
lol i thought this thread was about people using laptops while driving.

does your laptop have wireless on/off button?

pr0ject TRUENO
04-16-2008, 01:07 AM
no backup disk?

tangch
04-16-2008, 12:23 PM
sometimes there are more than 1 driver for the wireless, so try to see if there are more than 1 driver on the hp website. Also try to manually install the driver through the device manage. One last thing, a human error, make sure the wireless button/switch is at the on position (the light is on on the wireless logo).

dert420sx
04-16-2008, 12:48 PM
i found drivers when i rebuilt my old pc's here: www.driverguide.com (http://www.driverguide.com)

you'd need to register, but it's free.

gl

projekt_s13
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
lol i thought this thread was about people using laptops while driving.

does your laptop have wireless on/off button?

I thought the same thing, I thought to myself "How in the hell does someone use the laptop while driving?"

haha