PDA

View Full Version : The Official Grand Theft Auto 4 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

626 FC3S
04-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Whats up all, just wanted to hook everyone up with a lil preview of everything amazing to come. I cant fucking wait :aw:

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Whos all going to be playing it on xbox360??
Whats everyone's gamertag so we can get down on team deathmatch and all Im I3btprofit420 hit me up :bigok:

kdashy
04-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Ill be getting this on PS3 a few days after it comes out.

I dont really feel like preordering it.

cuddlesthesheep
04-14-2008, 03:26 PM
already pre ordered for ps3

WangonwWarrior
04-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I might buy a 360 just for this game

626 FC3S
04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
lol dude i dont know about not pre-ordering it. people are saying that its gonna be sold out for a week or 2 but well see. Wangan u should get a 360 theres alot of other great games comming out in the upcomming months

BustedS13
04-14-2008, 03:35 PM
i had it preordered for the 360 before i owned a 360. got the limited version that comes with the lockbox and the duffel bag and such.

ps3 or 360, this game is going to be off the chain. when i preordered it (a year ago) the ps3 still didn't look appealing to me, so i went with the 360 version... i kind of wish i hadn't, because i'm going to miss playing with the playstation controller. but... either way. san andreas destroyed my life four years ago. i've picked up most of the pieces, but can't wait to throw it all away again.

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-14-2008, 03:37 PM
looking forward to Gears of War 2 like there's no tomorrow. I might check out GTA but was never into the other ones. This one looks pretty revolutionary so I'll play it at my friends' house who already preordered it.

626 FC3S
04-14-2008, 03:49 PM
yeah busted same shit happened to me but oh well whatru gonna do lol. this game is gonna offf the fuckin hook

BustedS13
04-14-2008, 03:53 PM
as far as NOT preordering... i didn't preorder vice city and had to wait at least two weeks to find a copy.

626 FC3S
04-14-2008, 04:09 PM
see thats what im talking about. vc was great all the good ol songs lol. I also pre-ordered the limited edition pack also yeah youll never use the lock box but whatever u have it and that will prob be woth money one day

BustedS13
04-14-2008, 04:18 PM
see thats what im talking about. vc was great all the good ol songs lol. I also pre-ordered the limited edition pack also yeah youll never use the lock box but whatever u have it and that will prob be woth money one day

it could have been the regular copy covered in anthrax, i still would have bought it. a new GTA is a rare occasion! and i'll probably use the lockbox as a change tray or something. art book i'll look at once, cd i'll listen to once (i hate compilations), duffel bag might be useful if it's not a total piece of shit.

SC_S13
04-14-2008, 04:19 PM
where can i preorder this game?

BustedS13
04-14-2008, 04:24 PM
....stores.
best buy, eb games, funcoland, gamestop (all those are the same now anyway)

silviaguy240
04-14-2008, 05:04 PM
funcoland

they still have them around?!?!?

BustedS13
04-14-2008, 05:28 PM
they still have them around?!?!?

there's one a few miles from me that changed over to a gamestop a year ago or so but they haven't switched the signs yet. remember when they had the price sheets? i used to find the cheapest NES titles on the sheet and call in asking for them every week. they NEVER had a copy of Color A Dinosaur in

fliprayzin240sx
04-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Whens it coming out again? I might hit up Amazon for it or hold my breath we get some at the BX here in Oki.

Im debating on whether or not to preorder it. If the BX dont have it, i may be able to find a JDM one off base. Since its world wide release, more than likely the JDM one will also have the english layer to it.

BustedS13
04-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Whens it coming out again? I might hit up Amazon for it or hold my breath we get some at the BX here in Oki.

Im debating on whether or not to preorder it. If the BX dont have it, i may be able to find a JDM one off base. Since its world wide release, more than likely the JDM one will also have the english layer to it.

april 29. OM NOM NOM

SC_S13
04-14-2008, 06:14 PM
....stores.
best buy, eb games, funcoland, gamestop (all those are the same now anyway)

haha i was more asking which stores still have them on preorder. a couple gamestops in my area are already maxed. or so they say. i dunno, san andreas i slightly enjoyed, and vice city was amusing. im hoping this one will be baller.

BustedS13
04-14-2008, 06:29 PM
completely retooled driving designed to actually be fun and controllable, gears of war inspired targeting system, new body physics instead of the old ragdoll bullshit.. new story arc/campaign system instead of missions... while the graphics aren't going to make you cream your jeans, the overall experience should be mind blowing! it's going to be epic.

blasting_speed
04-14-2008, 06:44 PM
already pre ordered for ps3

Same here dude. I can't wait to play cops and robbers. ahahahah That's going to be awesome. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

ESmorz
04-14-2008, 06:46 PM
completely retooled driving designed to actually be fun and controllable, gears of war inspired targeting system, new body physics instead of the old ragdoll bullshit.. new story arc/campaign system instead of missions... while the graphics aren't going to make you cream your jeans, the overall experience should be mind blowing! it's going to be epic.

You should buy me a copy with your dog track monies :aw: haha

JesusFreakDrifter
04-14-2008, 07:01 PM
all of sudden i wanna get this, i just noticed that they are using up to date cars

s13Dr1ft
04-14-2008, 07:17 PM
pre-ordered the limited edition pack with the box and junk...

Yuri
04-14-2008, 08:14 PM
I have it pre-ordered at both gamestop and Best Buy.
Long story.

all show no go
04-14-2008, 08:24 PM
i cant wait for that crap to come out, should be many many many hours of cartoon blood and fun..:w00t: ^^^ nice sig you have there Yuri.. haha!

playthe_part
04-14-2008, 08:32 PM
I have it preordered as well, I just can't wait to play online, that was one of the main things that had me sold. Also as for the games soundtrack it looks to be good, I listened to the hardcore/punk and electro station on the website and I'm impressed.

kdashy
04-14-2008, 08:42 PM

Don't forget online play.

Awww yeaah.

BustedS13
04-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Don't forget online play.

Awww yeaah.

oh yeah. and 16 player online play.

AWWWW yeah.

626 FC3S
04-14-2008, 10:21 PM
yeah dude 16 player online in a open world siiiiiick. I pre ordered this like last year some time lol.

Everything is diffrent.There using a whole new physics gen that ffrom what i hear is gonna be amazing !!!!. Same here ill use the box as change but depending on the soundtracks i might lysten to it more. shit i still bumb 101.1 MSX FM DRUM AND BASS RADIO AT ITS FINEST hahaha i love that shit.

Helghast
04-15-2008, 12:53 AM
the 360 is gonna get dusted off in anticipation to this game.

Gonna have to join LIVE now too.

HOLY SHIT, I seriously can't wait.
The last game I played on the console was um Gears of War.

SC_S13
04-15-2008, 01:18 AM
I have it pre-ordered at both gamestop and Best Buy.
Long story.

is it because you're baller and play 2 versions of the game at the same time?

LOL at the toyota prius rip off on the website. Bad+Good= Better for everyone hahaha

blackrms13
04-15-2008, 03:24 AM
its so funny how they have a hybrid/prius replica in the game
haha

it will come out on PC soon...

Helghast
04-15-2008, 04:11 AM
AMMA BLOW UP YOUR INTERNET !!!! muahahahahah

First review of the game.

http://www.isarapix.org/pix67/1208183503.jpg

http://www.isarapix.org/pix95/1208183536.jpg

http://www.isarapix.org/pix92/1208183600.jpg

http://www.isarapix.org/pix26/1208183631.jpg

http://www.isarapix.org/pix1/1208183668.jpg

http://www.isarapix.org/pix25/1208183697.jpg

http://www.isarapix.org/pix65/1208183739.jpg

http://www.isarapix.org/pix42/1208183755.jpg

DO WANT.

Grendel
04-15-2008, 10:44 AM
"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Helghast again"

:(

Thanks bud, gave me something to read during a boring day at work :)

exitspeed
04-15-2008, 10:55 AM
This game is going to be epic. I can't wait for the 29th.

s14_legend
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
game looks tite i cant wait to play it... ive owned the past two gta games...definitely kills some time

ryguy
04-15-2008, 11:39 AM
The physics are supposed to be amazing, you can bounce rockets off the ground and such. I preordered it, good luck finding a place with any preorders left though.

exitspeed
04-15-2008, 12:02 PM
The physics are supposed to be amazing, you can bounce rockets off the ground and such. I preordered it, good luck finding a place with any preorders left though.

BB and CC. You'll be able to get it at places like that.

I used to pre-order every game I wanted. But I'd always get screwed because the place I ordered it from would end up getting their shipment late. So while everyone was at home enjoying their new game, I'm waiting around.

I'm gonna see if Walmart will have it at midnight. I might go that route.

ryguy
04-15-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm gonna see if Walmart will have it at midnight. I might go that route.

Thats a good bet actually, thats how I got Rock Band when it came out. They had like 100 of them

exitspeed
04-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Thats a good bet actually, thats how I got Rock Band when it came out. They had like 100 of them

I'm calling tonight. I haven't been so excited for a new game in a long time.

Helghast
04-15-2008, 01:07 PM
You know who has random sold out shit?
Target.
That's how I randomly got GT4, showed up right before they closed and they had a couple of copies left.
They had Rockband and the Wii too when it was selling like hotcakes.

Maybe because my Target is only visited by Lonely Housewives.

BustedS13
04-15-2008, 01:19 PM
know who else?

...kmart. know why?
because WHO THE FUCK SHOPS AT KMART.

that'd be my first stop if i didn't reserve it.

Future240
04-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I already have it pre-ordered for 360, I wonder what the multiplayer gone be like? It looks like it can either really suck ass, or be good. disciple746 is the live sn by the way

exitspeed
04-15-2008, 02:42 PM
I already have it pre-ordered for 360, I wonder what the multiplayer gone be like? It looks like it can either really suck ass, or be good. disciple746 is the live sn by the way

Read here (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/865/865088p1.html) and find out. It's supposed to be great.

And here (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/866/866627p1.html) is the NaturalMotion physics engine used in GTA4 for a new football game!

eastcoastS14
04-15-2008, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERLjgzLWJ-0

lol

I might get it for ps3

626 FC3S
04-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Read here (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/865/865088p1.html) and find out. It's supposed to be great.

And here (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/866/866627p1.html) is the NaturalMotion physics engine used in GTA4 for a new football game!

yeah dude there u go. its like a real body. Its not like saints row where your body just discombobulate lol. Its gonna be sooo sick.

626 FC3S
04-15-2008, 05:53 PM
Helghast (http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=35328) thanks for posting that dude

626 FC3S
04-15-2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERLjgzLWJ-0

lol

I might get it for ps3

hahahhahaha good ol dave. i shit my pants when i saw this. thanks for posting :bowrofl:

Yuri
04-15-2008, 06:02 PM
is it because you're baller and play 2 versions of the game at the same time?

Nope, I had it pre-ordered at gamestop, but then my friend pre-ordered it at Best buy for me as a birthday present.
Since he also gave me a gift card to pay for the rest of it at Best Buy, I'm getting it there.

Maybe I'll see if I can switch my Gamestop preorder over to Saints Row 2 or Midnight Club LA.

Wow. The Sabre Turbo is looking good.

JesusFreakDrifter
04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
so wait what the deal with the online thing, whose gonna be the biggest gangster or gang? or something

BOROSUN
04-15-2008, 07:36 PM
can you go prone?

Future240
04-15-2008, 09:50 PM

Thanks for that, nice to know that multiplayer isnt going to be another san andreas. Cops N Robbers seems like a definite muss play

driver11324
04-15-2008, 09:55 PM
I cant wait for this. Ive been waiting for this game to come out since last year, but they had to push the release date back.

hunter8411
04-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Can't wait for this game. I may just pre-order it to be safe. Although I havent pre-ordered a game since I started working at BB, usually just have inventory hold one for me.

626 FC3S
04-17-2008, 01:13 AM
11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

626 FC3S
04-19-2008, 01:18 AM
9 days
this is gonna be siick

HyperTek
04-19-2008, 03:04 AM
i kinda wish they would keep the urban san andreas theme lol

4thHorse
04-19-2008, 04:07 AM
I have both the PS3 and 360 and I'm pre ordering for the 360. MS paid a few million for exclucive Down load stuff that the PS3 wont be getting. Rumored to be more missions.

Fries
04-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Fuck... Gas to pick up KA for drift car or GTA4.

fuckfuckfuck
fuckfuckfuck
fuckfuckfuck
fuckfuckfuck

626 FC3S
04-19-2008, 01:57 PM
i kinda wish they would keep the urban san andreas theme lol

na man fuck all that. Liberty City son...that shit is gonna be the same but 40% bigger, and 10 years or so later. So even though the layout is the same, EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE DIFFRENT. More buildings you can go into also dont forget about flying,motorcycles, drunk driving, im sure picking up hookers lol. This game is gonna be amazing :aw:

Grendel
04-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Found this preview over on neogaf

We've finished Grand Theft Auto IV, and without spoiling our upcoming set of reviews in Electronic Gaming Monthly and here on 1UP, the game truly serves as a commencement ceremony for the series. While we wait for the slow passage of time between now and the game's release, here's a quick orientation for when it arrives:

* Niko Bellic has done some bad things. He's a drifting merchant marine lured to America by the promise of false dreams, which are inflated by his cousin Roman -- a man who is best described as "sketchy." It's a setup that's typical of the previous GTA games (ne'er-do-well arrives on the scene with grand plans, and crime ensues), but as Niko?s story unfolds, it does so in a manner that's considerably more focused and restrained than what we saw with Tommy Vercetti in Vice City or CJ from San Andreas. The script is penned by Rupert Humphries and Dan Houser, and rarely do they stray from their goals: believable and likable characters, a solid, traditional crime story, and the usual splash of irreverent social satire. It's the opposite of San Andreas' massive sprawl, in terms of both geographical landscape and plot ambitions.

* Rockstar are true masters of the videogame cut-scene: They're framed and blocked with proper film techniques and interesting camera angles, the animation is completely natural (never too slow, jerky, or overexaggerated), the voice acting is properly emotive, and they're just the right length.

* Like any good character-driven tale, there are twists and turns, deaths and betrayals...but in a first for the GTA series, there now are choices -- and they're significant ones at that. A big theme of the game is how Niko's free-agent approach to his work changes the balance of power in Liberty City's underworld. You'll be involved with the Irish, Puerto Ricans, Rastafarians, government agencies, and, of course, the ruling Italian crime families. You'll be doing something for one group to the detriment of another, and at certain points you're asked to make final allegiances that affect what missions you can select and how the story unfolds. And because the characters are so easy to get attached to, those decisions can be surprisingly difficult.

* Niko may be the main character, but Liberty City -- and the life it exudes -- is the star. Many new elements are at play that go beyond the usual pedestrian foot traffic and wisecracking radio DJs -- this time, it's a cross-referencing multimedia assault. Driving around the city, you might hear a radio spot for WEAZEL News mentioning that the bridges and tunnels remain closed due to a terror threat. During your first visit to an Internet café, The Liberty Tree's website has an actual story with more background info on the closures. Then you spot a banner ad at the bottom of the page for a social networking site called Craplist. Perusing the "women seeking men" listings, you find a post, reply to it, and set up a date for Thursday night. And while you're checking e-mail, your pal Brucie has located another car you can boost for him for a quick afternoon's work.

* The missions, characters, locations, Internet, radio, television, dating...everything bleeds into each other, and the new cellphone gives you a new sense of mobility and flexibility that bridges the game's story with the roaming, make-your-own-fun chaos that made GTA famous. Plus, if you're so inclined and not in any particular hurry, you can take a full-length real-time cab ride anywhere in the city while looking out the windows and listening to the cabbie's preferred radio station. You know, see the sights.

* You'll likely notice the same graphical "quirks" that the series has dealt with since the jump to 3D. The same filmlike, grainy framerate exists and usually holds steady, but it can momentarily dip when things get frantic. There's some long-distance graphical fade-in as well as some street-level hazards that appear only after you hit them. Traffic will be nonexistent one second, then three cars deep when you rotate the camera back around, and then completely disappear when your wanted level gets to two or three stars (which is oh-so-fun when you desperately need a getaway vehicle). But even these problems have been "upgraded" in a sense for GTA4: An artistic application of filters hides some of the uglier character models, there's more types of cars to choose from, and overall, the feel of the city trumps any of the shortcomings we're familiar with by now. But you'll be able to see that in the screenshots and eventual videos.

* As previously mentioned, GTA4's story is focused. So much so that you won't be seeing any amusing yet totally out of context missions like invading top-secret government alien research bases. There's a lot of driving, following, shooting, and evading as you do your freelance work around the city. But that's not to say there aren't climactic moments or centerpiece events -- they just seem a little more spaced out along the lengthy campaign. It'd be silly to call this more "realistic," but it's definitely more in line with the genre's representations in television and film.

* The oft-maligned mission structure, where death or capture at any point of the process means restarting from the beginning, is partially redeemed by the cellphone: You still have to start from the beginning of the mission, but now you can skip from jail or the hospital immediately to the starting point. And to help placate those with restart fatigue, Rockstar threw in some different character dialogue for the second try (if you have to try for a third time, your accomplices will suggest that you all be quiet and just listen to the radio until you get there). It's still frustrating to fail a mission in its final stages due to random traffic interference or lucky cops, but that just appears to be the nature of the open-world beast.

* And, oh yes, the shooting. Pulling the left trigger halfway on the 360 controller lets you aim a weapon freely, while a full pull locks on to the closest enemy or nonplayable character in your camera's view. It's still not perfect since there doesn't seem to be much of a priority system in place that determines what enemy poses the more imminent threat, but the bonus is the new cover system, which gives you enough time to settle down your shot and lock on to your intended target

Believe it or not, all of these notes barely scratch the surface.There's much, much more that can be said about GTA4 that you'll undoubtedly hear us and other outlets say as we get closer to (and even beyond) release. Be sure to monitor our coverage hub page for the most recent updates, participate on our message boards, and look forward to our review, videos, and podcast discussions in the coming days.

Oh, and make sure to set aside some time the week of April 29. You'll need it.

Original thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278678

Sooooo amazing, I can't wait

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8254/20a4h1cmk7.gif
lol... awesome avatar i saw on neogaf

exitspeed
04-22-2008, 07:51 AM
One...more...week!

Yuri
04-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Now it's a race to see if my xbox will be fixed and sent back before GTA4 hits.

exitspeed
04-22-2008, 09:46 AM
IGN will have a new editorial each day this week. Today's makes me all that much more excited.

Yuri
04-22-2008, 09:48 AM
IGN will have a new editorial each day this week. Today's makes me all that much more excited.

The one yesterday you had to buy a membership to read.
Will they all be like that?

exitspeed
04-22-2008, 09:48 AM
The one yesterday you had to buy a membership to read.
Will they all be like that?

Today's is not.

s14_legend
04-22-2008, 09:56 AM
heck yeahhhh been waiting to get my hands in this game

One...more...week!

exitspeed
04-22-2008, 10:05 AM
I still have to see if Walmart is going to have it at midnight. We only have one 24 hr Walmart near me. I'm REALLY hoping they do. I hate having to send my wife to a half dozen stores trying to hunt down a game for me. :)

But I will if I have to...

Yuri
04-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Just saw some of the new screens.
Car Customizing shop?
Awesome!

I also saw:

C5 Corvette
Buick Grand National
1970 Oldsmobile 442
BMW 7 series
Chrysler Minivan.
1st Gen Honda CRX

Can't wait to see what they end up having for vehicles.
I hope for a return of the "Bobcat", the first gen Ford Ranger.

exitspeed
04-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I want to see 4 wheelers.

There's so many things I look forward to.

-Trying to find all the jumps. Especially the huge insane ones.
-Finding the hidden packages.
-Going to the top of a tall building and jumping off.
-Driving around like a madman

There's just so much. All the little details make the game.

Yuri
04-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Anyone know if you can customize your online character yet?
If you can I'd like to be this guy, with the awesome hat and sunglasses.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x158/DKapt/Yuri%20projects/Thisguy.jpg

And roll around in the $4000 Phoenix Craigslist Special.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x158/DKapt/Yuri%20projects/thiscar.jpg

exitspeed
04-22-2008, 10:27 AM
^
Ask and you shall receive.

You won't get to play as Niko. Instead, you'll create a custom character (dude or babe) from about a half-dozen options. While the options we were shown were fairly limited, new clothes and accessories unlock as you rank up. Ranks run from 0-10, with experience earned by collecting cash in multiplayer. Cash is dropped by opponents and can be nabbed by anyone and is also automatically earned for performing certain tasks in the various modes. We didn't get to experience the leveling system, but it appears fairly simple. It's meant to reward you for playing a lot of multiplayer, but leveling up your character isn't the focus as it tends to be in Call of Duty 4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

PBucch
04-22-2008, 11:16 AM
april 29. OM NOM NOM

fucking OG'er!!!

my bro ordered it, but my xbox red ringed on monday! :eek2:

Can someone post a list of the online game modes? all teh gaming sites are blocked at work!

s13poop
04-22-2008, 04:45 PM
some pics from the 55 page thread on nasioc :keke:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6775/dsc00346mediumyb9.jpg
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1677/dsc00347mediumes7.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9162/dsc00345mediumpd8.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4783/dsc00344mediumec5.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7973/dsc00343mediumfh8.jpg
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/6018/dsc00342mediumgn1.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9200/dsc00340mediumyl3.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6555/dsc00339mediumim5.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5479/dsc00338mediumfj8.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3937/dsc00337mediumdq1.jpg

looks friggin sickkk

HyperTek
04-22-2008, 05:02 PM
i hope the online play isnt full of wreckers.. you know.. vehicle kills. lol

s13poop
04-22-2008, 05:17 PM
the online games are gonna be dope with upto 8 teams on most modes :bigok:

projekt_s13
04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Its already leaked???? WTF?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lU_rgKmMpDA

626 FC3S
04-22-2008, 07:28 PM
aww how fucking gay lol hahaha

626 FC3S
04-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Now it's a race to see if my xbox will be fixed and sent back before GTA4 hits.

haha dont count on it :-/

projekt_s13
04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
haha dont count on it :-/

Well they shipped mine back very quickly, took 2 weeks max for the whole process.

Future240
04-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Well they shipped mine back very quickly, took 2 weeks max for the whole process.

Sounds about right, I am on my second one, hopefully this one lasts longer than the 3 months the replacement unit did

Also if anyone is planning to play GTA IV online, you should head over to my online gaming thread and post your Username and what console you will be playing on.

exitspeed
04-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Its already leaked???? WTF?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lU_rgKmMpDA

Damn no longer availible! I wanted to see it!

Anyway here's IGN's story today.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/868/868629p1.html

Dutchmalmiss
04-23-2008, 10:57 AM
6 more days....I reserved the SE edition only because I need a duffel bag haha. FUCK, and spending $55 on a Dual Shock 3 better be worth it too.

PBucch
04-23-2008, 12:13 PM
yo white mel, paste that article brother, you know we cant see that shit at work!

exitspeed
04-23-2008, 12:41 PM
It's 4 pages long...

Read it when you get a chance at home though. Man MP is going to be just as awesome as the single player.

Helghast
04-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_MULTI5_PAL_READNFO_XBOX360-iCON

See you onlineeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gamertag: Maaaaarc

exitspeed
04-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Gamertag: exitspeed

I let my Live account expire a while ago. THIS is going to make me renew it finally.

HyperTek
04-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Walmart employees are ready
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/04/wmgtamain.jpg

I think you gonna have to practice your GTA skills just goin there to get teh game lol

Dirty Habit
04-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Damn you bastards. Dont you know that the PS3 is king?!

I dont feel like renewing my xbox live or pulling that POS 360 out of storage.

exitspeed
04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
^
Oh shit. That means the 24 hour stores will have it at midnight. F yea. I'm going to go wait in line as soon as I get off work I think!

s14_legend
04-23-2008, 03:16 PM
hah pretty crazy stuff...it should sell out with no problem

exitspeed
04-23-2008, 03:59 PM
There's a bunch of leaked footage on youtube now!

Grendel
04-23-2008, 04:05 PM

I'm not watching a single clip! Don't want to ruin anything :)

anti-rice
04-23-2008, 06:10 PM
its gonna be way better on the ps3

kdashy
04-23-2008, 06:20 PM

I have a PS3 and I dont even know where you're getting this from.

Grendel
04-23-2008, 06:23 PM

Achievements and exclusive DLC means I'm picking it up for my 360 :)

hotlavaflow
04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Picking it up for PS3.

projekt_s13
04-23-2008, 08:14 PM

Every single leaked video is not available due to copyright, rockstar is making sure no one sees it till its released.

626 FC3S
04-23-2008, 09:49 PM
here ya go guys
<div><object width="420" height="365"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x56jzq&v3=1&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x56jzq&v3=1&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="365" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56jzq_gta-4-gameplay-5eme-video_videogames">GTA 4 Gameplay 5eme vid&eacute;o</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/nicothebestofall5">nicothebestofall5</a></i></div>

626 FC3S
04-23-2008, 09:50 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56jzq_gta-4-gameplay-5eme-video_videogames

Grendel
04-23-2008, 10:46 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x56jzq_gta-4-gameplay-5eme-video_videogames

Ok I lied, I clicked that not knowing what it was and I watched it all :p

So fucking glorious! haha

So I paid off my preorder tonight, traded in GT5 prologue, final fantasy tactics for psp and a bunch of old PS2 and xbox games.

I had some extra money with all the trade-ins so I got GTA vice city for xbox and I'm playing that. Forgot how much fun it was...

I also preordered metal gear solid 4 collectors edition, so I got a bluray with a bunch of stuff on it and a beta code for the online beta starting this weekend.

Good times :)

s13poop
04-23-2008, 11:57 PM
man shit looks so dope! :bigok:

playthe_part
04-24-2008, 12:00 AM
looks so awesome, we should have a zilvia clan on gta4 like we do on cod4. can't wait.

grendel, what's your psn, not sure if i have you added, but hopefully i will see you on mgo, getting your konami id is a pain in the ass, just a heads up. collectors edition mgs4 FTW.

exitspeed
04-24-2008, 06:54 AM

Console wars are stupid. It's no different on PS3. In fact the 360 version has exclusive DL content.

Pink Slut
04-24-2008, 07:22 AM
ae86 coupe! 4age on ITB's

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p156/cozzybigfin/DSC_0277.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p156/cozzybigfin/DSC_0278.jpg

Dutchmalmiss
04-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Console wars are stupid. It's no different on PS3. In fact the 360 version has exclusive DL content.

Any word on if PS3 will have any exclusive add-ons/content?

ILoveMyRHS13
04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
This looks so sick!!!! I can't wait for this. I preordered this shit when I get COD4; I hope they still have me in the computer!

s13poop
04-24-2008, 12:01 PM
drifting in GTA???

jesus whats next!! :keke:

exitspeed
04-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Any word on if PS3 will have any exclusive add-ons/content?

Last I heard MS paid BUKU cash for the EXCLUSIVE DL content. Kinda shady, but ok well. What really sucks is that one of the creators said the content will be FREE also. They don't feel that it's right to charge for it. So that's a real bummer for PS3 owners.

HyperTek
04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
ill get it for ps3 now.. but i know years down, the PC version always blows em away with user added mods/content and better visual =p

s13poop
04-24-2008, 01:49 PM
6 more days!!!!!!

BOROSUN
04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
that tv is going to fall.

also a heater right below it thats not good.

playthe_part
04-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Last I heard MS paid BUKU cash for the EXCLUSIVE DL content. Kinda shady, but ok well. What really sucks is that one of the creators said the content will be FREE also. They don't feel that it's right to charge for it. So that's a real bummer for PS3 owners.

yeah, M$ paid 55 mil to Take Two / Rockstar for exclusive content, plus you will notice most of the advertising is for 360. Microsoft is trying to change the association of "gta = playstation" since all the last gen games of gta were mostly bought for ps2, I'm not saying this is bad, or trying to start a fanboy war, I am simply saying what they are doing and why, I think it is smart, and if Sony is smart they will step there game up, although on their blog they stated that Rockstar / Take Two wanted to make and exclusive game for PS3, just not gta, that they thought only the PS3 could handle.

In the end, it makes no difference to me, we all get GTA4, but the main reason I bought PS3 was for MGS4 which is exclusive to Sony.

DUFFM4N
04-24-2008, 03:36 PM
i dont know what it is, but i could never get into this game

exitspeed
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
i dont know what it is, but i could never get into this game

I'm sure you're on of the 7 people in the World that couldn't. :loco:

LOL. :love:

s13poop
04-24-2008, 03:55 PM
cause eddie is :ghey:

:keke:

DUFFM4N
04-24-2008, 04:23 PM
haha nah...im just not a big "console gamer"...although i want to start getting into it...fuck i dont even own a home console and if i buy one anytime soon, its gonna be a Wii for the family

626 FC3S
04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
i think some one asked is theres gonna be drifting...my answer from what it looks like so far...no not really theres way too much body roll and it might jut understeer to hell or youll spin out. but we will se in a few days :)

stinky_180
04-24-2008, 10:45 PM
this game has been leaked....

however, support the developers!

HyperTek
04-24-2008, 11:49 PM
i kinda hate the whole "multi" console games... just ads to the "what console to buy" delima.. you buy one of the games, then think "dam the other one is better its got more shit" in this case, the 360 with GTA4.

Im playin Assasins creed right now on ps3, and i can seriously see where it suffers compared to the pc counterpart which wouldnt slow down due to hardware...

HyperTek
04-25-2008, 12:47 AM
$49.99 with free shipping if you sign up for google checkout
http://www.buy.com/prod/grand-theft-auto-iv/q/loc/108/202868755.html

or fight it out at stores...

Dunno if i wanna do the walmart thing, whenever i try to get something when its release, i have bad luck and stores never have what Im looking for *like album releases, movie releases etc*

kdashy
04-25-2008, 12:48 AM
i kinda hate the whole "multi" console games... just ads to the "what console to buy" delima.. you buy one of the games, then think "dam the other one is better its got more shit" in this case, the 360 with GTA4.

Im playin Assasins creed right now on ps3, and i can seriously see where it suffers compared to the pc counterpart which wouldnt slow down due to hardware...

Yeah, but do you want to buy new hardware every year to keep up with cutting edge pc games?

HyperTek
04-25-2008, 03:51 AM
only when i have stupid money to blow lol

now i dont =(

Pink Slut
04-25-2008, 04:10 AM
i think some one asked is theres gonna be drifting...my answer from what it looks like so far...no not really theres way too much body roll and it might jut understeer to hell or youll spin out. but we will se in a few days :)

its possible. indeed alot of bodyroll, but its do-able

oh btw, s14

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p156/cozzybigfin/DSC_0281.jpg

exitspeed
04-25-2008, 08:22 AM
^
Awesome. I can't believe they put a Kouki S14 in!

$49.99 with free shipping if you sign up for google checkout
http://www.buy.com/prod/grand-theft-auto-iv/q/loc/108/202868755.html

or fight it out at stores...

Dunno if i wanna do the walmart thing, whenever i try to get something when its release, i have bad luck and stores never have what Im looking for *like album releases, movie releases etc*

That's why I called and asked if they were going to have it at midnight. I prepared. Plan B would be another Walmart in the area.

Future240
04-25-2008, 08:29 AM

I couldnt agree more, I didnt like the fact that on ps2 and xbox gta was ps2 exclusive and it took like ayear and a half for it to go to xbox, now it gets released at the same time and one has more stuff that the other?! Such crap, besides the multi console game takes away from the fun of having game that your friends dont have so you can in their faces for buyin somethin else, well at least their are a few like that, to all the ps3 owners halo 3/bioshock bitches:fawkd:lol

s13poop
04-25-2008, 10:59 AM
holy shizzz kouki looks pretty dope

i won't believe it til i'm driving it though :keke:

5 MORE DAYS!

Grendel
04-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh my god, that S14 is so awesome.

Are you going to be able to mod cars like you could in san andreas?

From what people on penny-arcade boards were saying, the driving has improved a ton from the older GTAs... I can't wait :)

*edit* Ok my earlier post about not watching gameplay footage was a total lie, here is another one :p

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v7052424jCyjKkTj?confirmed=1 (lol @ 4:40 or so)

Flying through the windshield during head on collisions?! Awesome! Not sure what car he is driving at the start looks like an 80s camaro or something... maybe a ford probe... I have no idea really

exitspeed
04-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh my god, that S14 is so awesome.

Are you going to be able to mod cars like you could in san andreas?

From what people on penny-arcade boards were saying, the driving has improved a ton from the older GTAs... I can't wait :)

*edit* Ok my earlier post about not watching gameplay footage was a total lie, here is another one :p

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v7052424jCyjKkTj?confirmed=1 (lol @ 4:40 or so)

Flying through the windshield during head on collisions?! Awesome! Not sure what car he is driving at the start looks like an 80s camaro or something... maybe a ford probe... I have no idea really

At 4:42-4:44, is that a white S13 Coupe on the left?

Dutchmalmiss
04-25-2008, 12:57 PM
At 4:42-4:44, is that a white S13 Coupe on the left?

Nah looks more like a Eunos Cosmo
http://www.dmrh.com.au/images/jc02.jpg

HyperTek
04-25-2008, 01:37 PM
lol they should have it to where if your in a really hard collision that your character is crippled and limping, so it will force players to consider what happens and try to be more careful

Future240
04-25-2008, 02:29 PM
lol they should have it to where if your in a really hard collision that your character is crippled and limping, so it will force players to consider what happens and try to be more careful

They have that in The Getaway, and it gets kind of annoying at times. Especially when someone is chasing you and the streets are clogged.

s13poop
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
yeah true kinda weak that he wasn't all hurt/limping

but meh that video just makes me want to play it even MOAR!

exitspeed
04-25-2008, 02:52 PM
I kinda think of that two then I see that clip.

That's the whole fine line between reality and fun that they are constantly battling with. I think Rockstar does about the best job with that as possible.

s13poop
04-25-2008, 02:56 PM
^ yea you gotta appreciate all rockstar has done to get gaming to this point

Yuri
04-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Nah looks more like a Eunos Cosmo
http://www.dmrh.com.au/images/jc02.jpg

Watch the video again.
See if these two computer models match up.
Looks a Thunderbird.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x158/DKapt/Thunderbird-92_front.jpg

Nice FD after that.

Oh wow.
WANT IROC Z.

240drifter1
04-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Nice FD after that.

Reminds me more of a Dodge Viper.

ILoveMyRHS13
04-25-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but my EB Games guarantees a copy if you pre-ordered it.

240drifter1
04-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Here I think you have to be one of the 200 people. As they said their only gonna get 200 copies.

But I give it 3 days and 200 copies will be gone. But im probobly gonna be wrong.

Does anyone know if you will be able to fix up cars yet ?

Grendel
04-25-2008, 07:30 PM
looks so awesome, we should have a zilvia clan on gta4 like we do on cod4. can't wait.

grendel, what's your psn, not sure if i have you added, but hopefully i will see you on mgo, getting your konami id is a pain in the ass, just a heads up. collectors edition mgs4 FTW.

Hmm I played the beta just now, not impressed at all. I doubt I'll be playing it again

To kind of stay on topic... I just killed Diaz and stole his mansion in Vice City! :) I love this game...

626 FC3S
04-25-2008, 07:50 PM
wait wait u just played gta4 bbeta??? wtf???

ILoveMyRHS13
04-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Here I think you have to be one of the 200 people. As they said their only gonna get 200 copies.

But I give it 3 days and 200 copies will be gone. But im probobly gonna be wrong.

Does anyone know if you will be able to fix up cars yet ?
Oh damn. I pre-ordered mine when I got COD4 so.

Grendel
04-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Didn't see this posted... video review of gta4
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/827005/grand-theft-auto-4/videos/gta4_review_042508.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/869/869381p1.html

Helghast
04-25-2008, 08:13 PM
I wanna go online so baaaaaaad.

I'm not gonna risk getting my Xbox Banned.
..but DAAAAAAMNIT.

Practice and Practice Till Online opens up in a couple of days.

exitspeed
04-25-2008, 08:22 PM
I wanna go online so baaaaaaad.

I'm not gonna risk getting my Xbox Banned.
..but DAAAAAAMNIT.

Practice and Practice Till Online opens up in a couple of days.

You have the game!? PROOF!

playthe_part
04-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Hmm I played the beta just now, not impressed at all. I doubt I'll be playing it again

To kind of stay on topic... I just killed Diaz and stole his mansion in Vice City! :) I love this game...

yeah, i just played as well, not nearly as cool as i though, but still fun once you get going, i get tons of head shots but the game play is ssssoooo slow.

exitspeed
04-25-2008, 08:26 PM
IGN GIVES IT A PERFECT 10!

ILoveMyRHS13
04-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Whaaaaaaaat!? Thats crazy... Every article I've read from them, they ALWAYS had something bad to say about a game.

I'm so stoked! I have off tuesday and wednesday, I will probably leave school early to go get it.

626 FC3S
04-25-2008, 09:57 PM
wtf how did u guys get the beta ??

Helghast
04-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Beta, what?

Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_NTSC_XBOX360-101

I'm ASSUMING Pink Slut has the PAL one that released last week.

HyperTek
04-25-2008, 10:22 PM
they probably got a torrent online and burned it huh?

hopefully one day we will be able to play backups on ps3

Grendel
04-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Really good quality in game clip

http://vimeo.com/941075
Another cool vid...
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33252.html

HyperTek
04-26-2008, 02:12 AM
yah seems the PAL version was leaked and torrented
http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=20405

exitspeed
04-26-2008, 07:23 AM
IGN hasn't given a game in over a decade.

If you are not entertained by this game, I feel sorry for you motha.

This is one of the reasons I've been looking forward to this game so much.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/articles/869668/naturalmotion-video/videos/naturalmotion_042508.html

Grendel
04-26-2008, 11:24 AM
http://www.justin.tv/jimmy_the_bum

Some dude playing live, you can chat with him and tell him what to do...

Future240
04-26-2008, 11:34 AM
IGN hasn't given a game a 10 in over a decade.

When my roommate told me about that I had to sit a minute to grasp the scope of it. I am so glad i got the good ol pre-order. I guard my reciept like diamond covered baby:rl:

Pink Slut
04-26-2008, 12:09 PM
i havent got the game. my mate has. leaked copy

626 FC3S
04-26-2008, 12:32 PM
hhuummmmm this game is making me wonder a lil bit. After watching all the game play, don't get me wrong i love gta but it seems that saints row 2 might be better.......:confused::ugh::confused:

Grendel
04-26-2008, 12:40 PM
hhuummmmm this game is making me wonder a lil bit. After watching all the game play, don't get me wrong i love gta but it seems that saints row 2 might be better.......:confused::ugh::confused:

Blasphemy! :p

I haven't seen anything on Saints Row 2... my friend said part 1 was awesome except for the ending

Buy em both!

Grendel
04-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Alright I just went through the thread to find people's gamertags. I'll add everyone to my friends list tonight or tomorrow.

Here is the running list of tags so far, if you want to add to the list just quote my post and stick your tag on the end :)

Zilvia Name / X-Box Live / PSN
626 FC3S / I3btprofit420
future240 / disciple746
Helghast / Maaaaarc
exitspeed / exitspeed
Grendel / NismoGrendel / Grendel240sx
Dirty Habit / STRANGExBREW / STRANGExBREW
ILoveMyRHS13 / I Love My 240sx

Dirty Habit
04-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Dirty Habit / STRANGExBREW / STRANGExBREW

Matej
04-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Hooray, I love the GTA series, I've been following all the updates on http://www.planetgta.com every since the first rumors started, I can't wait.

True, I heard about how there was a bunch of features they wanted to take advantage of on the PS3 with this game, but in the end they weren't able to because the 360 wouldn't be able to run it well (gerrr thank Xbox for holding this game back), multi-console games have to be "dumbed" down in many cases such as this, just so they will run efficiently on all the consoles they're released for.

The PS3 is going to have downloadable content as well by the way, I don't know why someone said it wouldn't, though I'm never paying money for a gaming console again, I'm just going to wait for the PC version, which usually ends up being the best anyway since they have more time to improve on it.

Sil-Eighty SE-K
04-26-2008, 10:32 PM
ive had it perordered for ps3 for over a year....im getting monday at midnight

Matej
04-26-2008, 10:45 PM
To me the GTA games have never been as much about the gameplay as they are about the atmosphere and all the humor and references scattered throughout the games.

626 FC3S
04-27-2008, 12:28 AM
fuck i cant fucking wait 2 more days

s13poop
04-27-2008, 01:20 PM
me niether

http://cgi.4chan.org/gif/src/1209301936089.gif

ILoveMyRHS13
04-27-2008, 01:52 PM
ILoveMyRHS13 / I Love My 240sx

Grendel
04-27-2008, 02:01 PM
fuck i cant fucking wait 2 more days

I'm kinda glad I'm working today and tomorrow... helps pass the time :p

I'm also working tuesday :( Oh well I have all day weds and thurs to hit up GTA4

mr.lonelys12
04-27-2008, 02:08 PM
i gave up on video games 5 years ago, fuck! GTA always brings me back though

"ma' mothers ma sister!"

kdashy
04-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Gametrailers has their HD review up, w/ lots of game footage.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/2924.html

ILoveMyRHS13
04-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Damnit! These videos aren't making it easier. :[

Edcel
04-27-2008, 03:58 PM
i had it in my hands on saturday afternoon ;(

i work at circuit city and my managers wouldnt let me buy it....oh well i still got one hidden for me :P tuesday it is....or maybe monday at midnight

90hatchie
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
i got a friend that got his on the 26th
and he dosnt work for a gaming store or any place that sells video games

ILoveMyRHS13
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Thats true... I work at Walmart... I could 'find it'

WILDACEX187
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
just ordered the special edition amazon crap that comes with bag, keychain and other crap. cant wait

s14_legend
04-27-2008, 06:10 PM
yup its out this week...woot

BustedS13
04-27-2008, 06:18 PM
just got an automated message from gamestop saying they're going to be staying open til midnight to sell it tomorrow night.
and i'm off tuesday because i'm driving to chitown at like 2pm
looks like i'll be sleeping in the car, woo woo

Helghast
04-27-2008, 06:33 PM
WAIT TILL YOU GET FUCKING DRUNK IN THIS GAME.

Drunk driving is beyond fun.

ILoveMyRHS13
04-27-2008, 06:42 PM
You can get drunk!? Thats awesome! Zilvia Drunk Cops and Robbers!

626 FC3S
04-27-2008, 08:55 PM
yea i have a graveyard shift so i wont have any problems staying up lol. i work 2night and 2morrow night then the game comes out fuck yes....im gonna goto gamestop at 10:30 bring my laptop and chill

HyperTek
04-27-2008, 10:23 PM
ill hit walmart i hope not alot of people are expected to camp out at walmart lol

626 FC3S
04-28-2008, 12:00 AM
this says it all guys
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PR7ruH9cMwg

626 FC3S
04-28-2008, 12:13 AM
ok guys theres a gta4 video with this song...please find it and post heres the song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rq_JOeo3tKw

626 FC3S
04-28-2008, 12:16 AM
wow check this out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vbLJHY-hXMA&feature=related

626 FC3S
04-28-2008, 12:20 AM
hahhaha i fucking love that theres gonna be drunk russians in this one hahaha its fucking great
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HZFaHNtp7JE&feature=related

626 FC3S
04-28-2008, 12:20 AM
im gonna feel like im in glendale all the time hahhahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhawhahahahamamhamhmm hmmmmmuuuhahhahahhahhah

Dirty Habit
04-28-2008, 04:06 AM
Ill pick it up first thing tuesday morn. Woot.

exitspeed
04-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Watch this! (http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/793799/grand-theft-auto-iv/videos/ladies_of_gta_042708.html) NWS GTA4 video! Wowl

WILDACEX187
04-28-2008, 09:08 AM
^^that was great lol

Grendel
04-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Watch this! (http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/793799/grand-theft-auto-iv/videos/ladies_of_gta_042708.html) NWS GTA4 video! Wowl

Hahah wow...

That first hooker he got in his car was filthy rofl.

BustedS13
04-28-2008, 11:03 AM
gotta say, i'm a little disappointed the whole special edition comes in one box. i was hoping to be handed a duffel bag. :/

Dutchmalmiss
04-28-2008, 11:08 AM
gotta say, i'm a little disappointed the whole special edition comes in one box. i was hoping to be handed a duffel bag. :/

It does come with a duffel bag
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270117

s13poop
04-28-2008, 11:10 AM
so go and get cho' money little duffle bag boyyy :keke:

imma have to call in late tomorrow to pick this up from toys R us

hopefully they carry the collectors edition

Yuri
04-28-2008, 11:16 AM
haha, I was just told that for a Best Buy pre-order, I needed to keep the receipt.

I guess I get to wait a while to get it then and just enjoy my $5 preorder poster.

My 360 doesn't get back from microsoft until Wednesday anyway.

626 FC3S
04-28-2008, 11:17 AM
hahaha awesome

Grendel
04-28-2008, 11:18 AM
haha, I was just told that for a Best Buy pre-order, I needed to keep the receipt.

I guess I get to wait a while to get it then and just enjoy my $5 preorder poster.

My 360 doesn't get back from microsoft until Wednesday anyway.

Lame :( Thats kind of ridiculous that they can't look you up in their system. Gamestop said all I need is my ID to pick up my game tonight...

BustedS13
04-28-2008, 11:19 AM
It does come a duffel bag
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270117

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1677/dsc00347mediumes7.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5479/dsc00338mediumfj8.jpg

looks like it all comes in one box :(

Dutchmalmiss
04-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Oh you wanted it to come IN a duffel bag? haha, well that looks like the duffel bag in that plastic bag.

HyperTek
04-28-2008, 12:29 PM
i called my local walmart they close at 12 from what they say.. if i go, you think they will put it on the shelf in time? i dont know if its worth hitting up

Dutchmalmiss
04-28-2008, 12:36 PM
i called my local walmart they close at 12 from what they say.. if i go, you think they will put it on the shelf in time? i dont know if its worth hitting up

You can always be one of those annoying customers that just "look around" until it closes. Ask first though hahaha.

CKAMC
04-28-2008, 12:52 PM
i think rockstar wont hold the exclusive two episodes to xbox 360... too much money to be made if they don't allow ps3 owners in on the action

hopefully my small town's gamestop won't have that long of a line tonight for the dam preorder. Taking in army of two and turok as my trade in's... if they try to jew me then I will bring UT3 as well.

ILoveMyRHS13
04-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I just called Game Stop to make sure I was still in the computer and I am so I'll be on tomorrow!

s14_legend
04-28-2008, 02:28 PM
the pre-order from amazon included the GTA4 license plate...

s13poop
04-28-2008, 03:03 PM
i called toyRus and they said they might not get the special edition

but then again it was an old lady that works in the game section

she seems kinda un informed :hs:

they're not doing any special event for the game she said just be there at 10am but since i have the pre order stub it shouldn't matter what time i go get it

what do you guys think??

BustedS13
04-28-2008, 03:09 PM
here's a list of gamestops releasing at midnight.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/gtaiv/gta4midnight.pdf

and here's me. NOM NOM NOM

#134 South County Center Way St. Louis MO (314) 845-5880

Grendel
04-28-2008, 03:09 PM
i called toyRus and they said they might not get the special edition

but then again it was an old lady that works in the game section

she seems kinda un informed :hs:

they're not doing any special event for the game she said just be there at 10am but since i have the pre order stub it shouldn't matter what time i go get it

what do you guys think??

When I went to gamestop to see if I could upgrade my reservation to a special edition, the guy said rockstar is only sending out enough SEs to cover the preorders.

He said the only way I could get one was if someone cancelled their reservation...

Future240
04-28-2008, 03:10 PM
I wonder how many people are gonna be standin out at 12? Gamestop called me on the 27th and told me to "join them at 6pm". I have an 8:00 am wake up call on tuesday so, I will just grab mine later on that day

BustedS13
04-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I wonder how many people are gonna be standin out at 12? Gamestop called me on the 27th and told me to "join them at 6pm". I have an 8:00 am wake up call on tuesday so, I will just grab mine later on that day

yeah, i got the 6pm thing too. why would i sit around for six hours waiting to pick up something i already have money down on? i'm gonna go up at about 11

s13poop
04-28-2008, 03:17 PM
^ :werd:

im just nervous that they'll give you the option of buying the SE on a first come first serve basis

cause pre orders are getting a game regardless but the SE's might just fly off the shelves at 10 am :bite:

any place to check whos' getting the SE and who's not??

BustedS13
04-28-2008, 03:18 PM
^ :werd:

im just nervous that they'll give you the option of buying the SE on a first come first serve basis

cause pre orders are getting a game regardless but the SE's might just fly off the shelves at 10 am :bite:

any place to check whos' getting the SE and who's not??

you could preorder the SE.. to get one you probably would have had to preorder it. or just go beat down the line at walmart.
but it's a duffel bag, lock box, and some shit i'll look at once ever. i guess the lock box will be cool though.

ESmorz
04-28-2008, 03:20 PM
I'll just wait, it's a game I'm sure I can find more productive shit to do. Like building model airplanes in my room alone... Damn it, I want it.

Unless Busted still wants to buy me one for one peen touching sesh.

HyperTek
04-28-2008, 03:24 PM
man you guys stop bumpin this thread! mnakes me fill like i cant live without being one of the first to get it.. lol..

if anything, my friend is getting it @ 12 i could always go to his house, but hes a few cities down and damm the cost of gas i might as well buy my own lol

s13poop
04-28-2008, 03:26 PM
^ just go get it austin

then you can tell us whats its like

and that will be the determining factor of me getting it in the morning or after work lol

Future240
04-28-2008, 03:27 PM
yeah, i got the 6pm thing too. why would i sit around for six hours waiting to pick up something i already have money down on? i'm gonna go up at about 11

Yea i never got that. Imma go prolly round 6:30pm when I get out of class. How much do yall think its gonna go for on ebay?

BustedS13
04-28-2008, 03:30 PM
I'll just wait, it's a game I'm sure I can find more productive shit to do. Like building model airplanes in my room alone... Damn it, I want it.

Unless Busted still wants to buy me one for one peen touching sesh.

1.) there's nothing better to do than play this
2.) wine + my best friend's ex + oops = my peen is permanently inverted and dead inside, so i can't partake

Yea i never got that. Imma go prolly round 6:30pm when I get out of class. How much you think its gonna go for on ebay?

probably a lot on DAY ONE, but i'm sure they'll do their best to keep up with demand on this one. this may be the most successful game of all time.

HyperTek
04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
^ just go get it austin

then you can tell us whats its like

and that will be the determining factor of me getting it in the morning or after work lol

haha the thing is i dont currently have a job..
lord knows for $60 i should be more conservative and with this game ill prolly never get a job for a while lol :hammer:

s13poop
04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
^buy it, beat it and re-sell you got 2 weeks after it releases to sell it at hype prices :keke:

BUSTEDS13 the thing is i pre ordered mine at toysRus cause i have an account there

BUT when i pre orderd there was no special option for the SE all it was is a paper with the video game cover for it

on the toysRus site there is the option of ordering the PS3 SE but no XBOX so i'm reallly confused

ESmorz
04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
1.) there's nothing better to do than play this
2.) wine + my best friend's ex + oops = my peen is permanently inverted and dead inside, so i can't partake

:bs:I saw it in the shower this morning.

That's right. Be afraid. :keke:

BustedS13
04-28-2008, 03:34 PM
the thing is i pre ordered mine at toysRus cause i have an account there

BUT when i pre orderd there was no special option for the SE all it was is a paper with the video game cover for it

on the toysRus site there is the option of ordering the PS3 SE but no XBOX so i'm reallly confused

fuck 'em, how much did you put down? just go to walmart and get what you want

exitspeed
04-28-2008, 03:35 PM
The reason I don't reserve any more is because I started getting screwed by the places I'd reserve a game at. I'd go to get the game first thing in the morning and they would be the only damn people who's shipment was delayed. So while I'm waiting around all day for the game, people are just walking into Target and Best Buy and leaving with a copy.

s13poop
04-28-2008, 03:44 PM
well i'll just go in the morning and try to get the SE if they don't have any i'll just go somewhere else its on 5 dollars i put down on the preorder anyway

grnappletree14
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
im camping it out in front of best buy for this. i already drove by my best busy and there a little line!!

sijia10358
04-28-2008, 04:57 PM
I Got It Pre-ordered On Ps3!!!!

TheSquidd
04-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Comes in the mail tomorrow.

45$, brand new, SHIPPED to my door on release day?

Thanks Gamefly!

BustedS13
04-28-2008, 05:37 PM
:bs:I saw it in the shower this morning.

That's right. Be afraid. :keke:

so you saw the shriveled horrorstruck cave that my penis has become since i woke up with a wine hangover a couple weeks ago

i have to sit to pee now

626 FC3S
04-28-2008, 10:39 PM
guys its fukcing 940 right now cali time its almost here i cant wait

ESmorz
04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
shriveled horrorstruck cave that my penis has become

No, I saw a golden member fit for the gods... Or for my new bookends... it's up to you really...

lol

626 FC3S
04-28-2008, 10:51 PM
its almost here guys

sijia10358
04-28-2008, 11:02 PM
2 more HOURS!!!!

BustedS13
04-28-2008, 11:38 PM
so i'm playing it right now because fuck california time, but check this...

they checked my ID FIVE FUCKING TIMES to buy this game.
in to prepay
prepay
in to buy
at register
on the way OUT

CKAMC
04-28-2008, 11:46 PM
crowd was a bit smaller than halo 3... but just waiting on install right now, have my tequila and amp energy drink mix ready to go.

tomorrow, go buy a wii now that they have one in stock

origin_s135
04-29-2008, 12:02 AM
my friend's went out to the stores just now, i don't know what i'll do, being jobless sucks! i'm thinking about trading off the old games i don't play anymore for this 10 out of 10 rated game. haha

BustedS13
04-29-2008, 12:13 AM
this duffel bag is NICE! it has a yellow rockstar pattern liner, the tags say rockstar, and it has "2008" in roman numerals monogrammed on it, black on black. way nicer than i expected.

and the lockbox is fullsize. really glad i got the special edition.

....oh and the game is fucking rad.

ESmorz
04-29-2008, 12:18 AM
this duffel bag is NICE! it has a yellow rockstar pattern liner, the tags say rockstar, and it has "2008" in roman numerals monogrammed on it, black on black. way nicer than i expected.

and the lockbox is fullsize. really glad i got the special edition.

....oh and the game is fucking rad.

How much weight in body parts do you think it could hold? Just a guesstimate...

BustedS13
04-29-2008, 12:25 AM
How much weight in body parts do you think it could hold?

it's pretty small, i'm gonna say two heads.

multiplayer is SICK! this game is the best game.

ESmorz
04-29-2008, 12:28 AM
it's pretty small, i'm gonna say two heads.

multiplayer is SICK! this game is the best game.

Fail.

G D Effin A. I'm just gonna mug someone coming out of the store with it.

Helghast
04-29-2008, 12:31 AM
OH SHIT, MULTIPLAYER IS REDONKOLOUS.

too bad I'm stuck at work right now.
UGH.

BustedS13
04-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Fail.

G D Effin A. I'm just gonna mug someone coming out of the store with it.

that's a true GTA fan, keeping it real.

btw the only reason i'm capable of interneting is because i'm trading off playing free mode multiplayer with a buddy. once he's gone, i'm gone from the internet for good

Helghast
04-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Oh that sucks, I don't get to fuck up the GTAverse with B B B Busted?

BustedS13
04-29-2008, 12:41 AM
Oh that sucks, I don't get to fuck up the GTAverse with B B B Busted?

no i mean i'm gone from forums because i'll be on GTA forevers.

i'm Nerfdude3k on live, DO IT DO IT

blu808
04-29-2008, 12:45 AM
farts in own mouth because no gun is around.

aa87
04-29-2008, 12:55 AM
Holy fuck my life is dead. Watching tv in the game is the fire.

BustedS13
04-29-2008, 01:17 AM
so there's a VIP style sedan called the Intruder. i lol'd.

kdashy
04-29-2008, 01:24 AM

How about surfing the net in GTAIV.

BustedS13
04-29-2008, 01:37 AM

dude. katt williams is doing standup on the tv right now. how much programming is there to watch you think?

ronmcdon
04-29-2008, 01:44 AM
hmmm..going to try drive by best buy to see if i can get a copy tonight.

ok just picked up a copy at the sherman oaks best buy (socal). they seemed to have PLENTY of copies left at that branch.

BustedS13
04-29-2008, 01:46 AM
ricky gervais is on tv.

626 FC3S
04-29-2008, 01:47 AM
its here its here im playing it sssoooo siiiick

fliprayzin240sx
04-29-2008, 01:52 AM
I just picked one up like 5 mins ago here in Okinawa...now i gotta try to cancel my shit from amazon. If not, imma sell it either way...

BustedS13
04-29-2008, 02:02 AM
so yeah, don't try to cross the roadblocks, you get automatic six stars. damn, i just wanted to go to the titty bar.