PDA

View Full Version : When I found my stolen car.. (maybe upload yours too?)

all show no go
04-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Anybody who's had their car stolen knows this damn feeling.. i was curious if this might make an interesting thread to maybe see how other people got their cars back, if they got them back at all.. I figured i got it pretty bad, does anyone have a car that came back worse than mine?

Here's what my car used to look like.. (please excuse my 4X4 ride height, this thing was my daily)

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/mikeythebear/hanginout.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/mikeythebear/smallwhips.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/mikeythebear/smallwhips3.jpg

And after I got my shit back..

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/mikeythebear/littlewreck.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/mikeythebear/smallwreck.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/mikeythebear/smallwreck3.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/mikeythebear/smallwreck2.jpg

Apparently my car must have looked nice to somebody.. they stole it in front of my house between 12 noon and 1pm. The only stuff stolen was the front end, BOV, Front mount, lame ass wheels, my quarters i had in the little change box, and my.. Valve cover??? :confused: Crazy they'd risk gettin' caught for dumb shit like that eh? Can anyone top this nonsense?

ILoveMyRHS13
04-13-2008, 08:21 PM
So wait, they put it back?

Low-life fucks.

Signum Temporis
04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
damn... if theyre just gonna steal that stuff, why do they have to bust the shit out of the rest?

MikeisNissan
04-13-2008, 08:22 PM
man that sucks. Sorry.. I hope the thief gets ass raped.

IIIXziuR
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
wow man they really did a number on that.
I hate these car thieves. Sorry dude.

all show no go
04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
haha nope they didnt bring it back.. the authorities found it out in the desert about 30 miles out, and i had that crap towed back to part out as much crap that wasnt damaged, but yeah i was pretty pissed.. If i were the people who stole it, i would have done a much cleaner job!!! dumbf***s pretty much left it all there! but oh well, karma will get those bitches sooner or later.. :keke:

Tops*
04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Seeing this really makes me rethink about moving out to Cali.

Such a clean coupe in its day, too.

What's your plan of action now?

kdashy
04-13-2008, 08:52 PM
Terrible, was it really necessary for them to bash all the windows and jump all over the car.

all show no go
04-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Seeing this really makes me rethink about moving out to Cali.

hmmmm dont move out to the ghetto areas of SoCal.. haha!

uhmmm thanks.. since this happened i've gotten into another 240, and im pretty much traumatized! never leaving it outside unless im out there with it, locks in the car, lock on the garage door and unplug the garage's hidden power supply haha!

ESmorz
04-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Did they steal your camera too?

illvialuver
04-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Im sure there are alot of stories of stollen 240s so it might make a cool thread. thats too bad about your car, why did you even take it back?

wrapmeup2005
04-13-2008, 09:00 PM
:( Im sorry man, they took nothing of value, did they really have to trash it too?

FUCK THIEVES

Teddy
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
I never got anything back. You're luckier than I was.

all show no go
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Im sure there are alot of stories of stollen 240s so it might make a cool thread. thats too bad about your car, why did you even take it back?

Did they steal your camera too?

nope they didnt steal my camera.. but oddly enough the garage door remote was still latched on to the passenger side sunvisor! I brought it back to save and sell as much stuff off the car as i could.. And i bet theres a lot of stories from folks who've had their cars stolen, thats why i made this little thread. (to share each others pain i guess) :cry: :hug:

all show no go
04-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Anybody got any photos or stories to contribute??

ESmorz
04-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Double Post...?

Chill broski.

If you build it, and people give a shit... they will come.

HyperTek
04-13-2008, 09:35 PM
they must be import tuner readers, they took all teh valuble stuff that they learned from those magazines.. all the shiney parts lol.. you dont need the engine to be pimpin!

sorry that happened.. nothing happens to these thieves, they will probably strike another person next

BustedS13
04-13-2008, 09:39 PM
jesus christ. if i lived in cali i'd definitely get lojack. or at least do ghetto lojack:
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=181848

that really sucks, guy. sorry for your loss. what's the insurance doing?

all show no go
04-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Insurance just gave me what the bluebook said an 89 240sx was worth.. hah it sucked. :down:

ronmcdon
04-13-2008, 09:55 PM
Once I had my 89 crx si stolen while I was having dinner at a diner w/ my lady friend. This was around the Silverlake area in Sunset @ Alvarado in Los Angeles. Diner was called Night Spot or something. I was surprised it was even worth stealing. car wasn't in good exterior condition at all, had 250k miles w/ bad oxidizing paint, w/ just the stock engine. It did have some used cheapo 15" rotas, koyo radiator, autopower 4pt rollbar, sparco seats, and ebay strut bars that got stolen. Even took the damn factory cassette player which was junk and inoperable anyhow. My visually subtle suspension parts, koni/GC coils, rear disc swap, itr lcas, etc were left alone.

The thieves were considerate enough to throw on some steelies and let the car get impounded about a week later. Had to pay the impound yard $300 to get my car out. Sucks, but it could have been worse. Interestingly, I am getting rid of that same car tomorrow. I will miss it. But yeah, I do have some security measures for the 240, but I'm always nervous about theft regardless.

About a month ago, someone broke into my 240sx while it was parked in an enclosed lot at the Nissan dealership in Irvine, CA. The car there for an alignment. Fortunately, the thief just took my stereo head unit. The dealership was nice enough to replace it for me, and thankfully none of the other electronics or parts were taken.

I've actually had it a lot worse from 'hit & run' drivers and vandalism to date. There's a lot more idiots in Los Angeles than there are competent criminals thats for sure.

TougeLabs
04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Security guys is important it was the first thing i did when i picked up my JDM s14 cause ppl are scumbags...My friends type R was stolen they showed up at his job with a wheel that had an nrg quick release and drove off...f*ckin beat im so sorry to hear about that and im sure you did not have everything covered for insurance and that is awful

all show no go
04-13-2008, 10:30 PM
yea thats what sucks.. the NRG quick releases are all same are'nt they? all somebody has to do is stroll up and get inside your car put their wheel on and they're gone.. Does anyone know if the NRG or Works Bell locks are any good against theft? ive currently got one of those right now, i know its still not a solid solution but how good do they hold out against determined assholes trying to steal your car?

BustedS13
04-13-2008, 10:52 PM
nope they didnt steal my camera.. but oddly enough the garage door remote was still latched on to the passenger side sunvisor!

i bet you park in the garage from now on >.<

HyperTek
04-13-2008, 10:56 PM
with a QR, at least you will stop the regular "oh his car is pretty" thief.. someone who does their homework on your car will get it hands down.

RiversideS13
04-13-2008, 11:36 PM
i am sorry to hear what happened to you guys. but why the car looks so beat up? did they roll it over?

cgtdream
04-13-2008, 11:52 PM
sorry to hear about your car bro......hopefully, ths fuktards that did it, will get whats coming to them.....hmmm, karma's a bitch..

all show no go
04-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Nope it didnt roll over. they just vandalized the shit outta it.. the interior was full of boulders and sand, all the windows broken, the roof was a little crumpled down and had holes in it, also had graffiti of their lame ass party crew carved throughout various areas on the the car.. My guess it was some highschool wannabe gangsters / baller kids ditching school early to go for a joyride. Chumps had it easy, since i live 2 blocks from the nearby highschool.

ronmcdon
04-14-2008, 12:02 AM
yea thats what sucks.. the NRG quick releases are all same are'nt they? all somebody has to do is stroll up and get inside your car put their wheel on and they're gone.. Does anyone know if the NRG or Works Bell locks are any good against theft? ive currently got one of those right now, i know its still not a solid solution but how good do they hold out against determined assholes trying to steal your car?

idk, i'd stay away from those period, b/c I could potentially see how they're a liability in an insurance situation if it meant having no airbag. Personally i prefer taking other measures. but yes, even a questionable security measure can be effective regardless even if it serves to deter would be thieves who would make the attempt otherwise. might as well get the lock too, as its maybe only another $80 or so.

Not so sure if they're exactly the same. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NRG qr's with a bolt-on pattern for the momo wheels, and another with another pattern for the sparco and personal wheels. exactly which is which, I forget but iirc the patterns were mutually exclusive. If you had a NRG qr for a sparco wheel and took it off, hypothetically another guy with a momo wheel cannot just bolt on his. I would just stay away from the one using the momo wheel, since so many ppl use them, and thats prob what seasoned car thieves would use.

dirtdiggler666
04-14-2008, 12:11 AM
fucking ass bags:fawkd:

why not take the whole engine????????? im confused :ugh::ugh:

WilloW
04-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Damn man, that is just fucking brutal. Sorry for your loss man, good luck with the next one. Hopefully sometime down the road, those fuckers will get their balls chopped off then smashed.

downshift_sideways
04-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Less talking more pictures.

all show no go
04-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Last ones i have of my car..

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/mikeythebear/littlewreck2.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k301/mikeythebear/littlewreck3.jpg

steve shadows
04-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Seeing this really makes me rethink about moving out to MEXICO

fixed for you

hey.

btw

does this sound normal

someone in a really really beat up car with thick accent races up to you while your just closing your hood and asks how much you would want for your car if you were selling it (female) and then when you ask if they are casing your car their voice starts trembling and hands shaking and then they try to drive off but to save face and to make it look normal they make small talk, then ask if you ever race your car? offer you 1k and then bone out in the middle of the conversation?

I sleep with a 12 gauge.

+ Im moving the car into locked storeage now.

fucking thieves

mkiv98
04-14-2008, 10:07 AM
fuck i was just looking at this last night, probably WHILE my car was getting stolen.

jackjack
04-14-2008, 10:44 AM
OOoOOooO shit. this is a depressing thread indeed. damn............

mkiv98
04-14-2008, 11:16 AM
OOoOOooO shit. this is a depressing thread indeed. damn............
nvm cops found it already. they stole my stereo and camera and jacket. and my ashtray full of quarters. why not just take the quarters and leave the ashtray? dicks.

all show no go
04-14-2008, 04:33 PM
nvm cops found it already. they stole my stereo and camera and jacket. and my ashtray full of quarters. why not just take the quarters and leave the ashtray? dicks.

wtf?? they just stole your car last night?? crazy!! they took my quarters too, but were kind enough to leave my ashtray.. glad you got your car back! Damn, its ridiculous sometimes thinkin' about how much we have to keep our cars safe from thieves. Pretty soon we'll almost need to gaurd them with arms or security cameras that double as turrets. hah, and i bet some crooks still would not be phased.

mkiv98
04-14-2008, 05:41 PM
wtf?? they just stole your car last night?? crazy!! they took my quarters too, but were kind enough to leave my ashtray.. glad you got your car back! Damn, its ridiculous sometimes thinkin' about how much we have to keep our cars safe from thieves. Pretty soon we'll almost need to gaurd them with arms or security cameras that double as turrets. hah, and i bet some crooks still would not be phased.

well, i dont have an alarm and have been to lazy to make kill switches. i think it was stolen just because its a car thats easy to steal, not because its a 240, since all they took was menial shit.

i did sleep with my window open and i didnt hear anything. i guess that means i need to run open downpipe. once i go KA-T that is.

makes me not even want to modify my car anymore...i have a set of coilovers and LSD ready to go on and now im thinking about just selling them.

probably a bad idea to pull a gun on a car thief anyway, you'll probably get your own ass arrested instead. i just noticed they kept my DIN pocket! motherfuckers!

rokmplutonium
04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
probably a bad idea to pull a gun on a car thief anyway, you'll probably get your own ass arrested instead. i just noticed they kept my DIN pocket! motherfuckers!

Correct. You can't legally shoot a person for trying to steal your car/parts. But if the person has to break into your garage, than that might be different.

all show no go
04-15-2008, 12:53 AM
hahah i was kidding about the whole gun idea, but yea if theyre gonna break into your garage.. for sure thats when you gotta REGULATE! thanks for all the support guys, im sure this thread is pretty much done.. take care of your cars and never think a robbery cant ever happen to you, because thats just what i thought dammit..:o hah thanks again for all feedback.

skylindrftr
04-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Correct. You can't legally shoot a person for trying to steal your car/parts. But if the person has to break into your garage, than that might be different.

you could always claim that they tried to attack you =) then one to the chest and one to the dome

mkiv98
04-15-2008, 01:01 AM
you could always claim that they tried to attack you =) then one to the chest and one to the dome

well the car is in my apt complex parking lot, so i'd be shooting from my bedroom window, aka i would get :Owned: by the law. but man do i think about it...

luisgonz
04-15-2008, 01:08 AM
fixed for you

hey.

btw

does this sound normal

someone in a really really beat up car with thick accent races up to you while your just closing your hood and asks how much you would want for your car if you were selling it (female) and then when you ask if they are casing your car their voice starts trembling and hands shaking and then they try to drive off but to save face and to make it look normal they make small talk, then ask if you ever race your car? offer you 1k and then bone out in the middle of the conversation?

I sleep with a 12 gauge.

+ Im moving the car into locked storeage now.

fucking thieves

EH FOO, Whacha RUnnINg Foo, WaNNA rUN Foo Eh. Hahaha Man I want to know where do you meet these people Steve.:duh:

Sil-Abc
04-15-2008, 04:36 AM
surprised they kept the engine in there. must be amateur thieves since they didnt take everything of value but nonetheless that sucks. :C

98s14inaz
04-15-2008, 07:15 AM
I couldn't see the pics at work, damn filters. Holy crap, I'm sorry they did that to you. It's fucking wrong. Speaking of wrong I lol'd at the valve cover being jacked. Thieves are such retards.

Taj
04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Mine was stolen from me right next to my house. Some punk ass idiots took it for a joy ride. I got it back but it was totaled from front, back and left side. Cops said that they spun out drove it into a tree, and another tree, and then it overturned. They left the car and ran away like little bitches they are. Cops are still looking for them, because there was blood everywhere on the seats and the dash. So after i got it i spend one day with her and then the next day i watched her become a small cube of metal. Take care of ur 240sx people.

mkiv98
04-15-2008, 08:09 PM
i dont even know if i want to mod anymore...

whats the point if someone just wants to take it from me?

does anyone know if S14 is any harder to steal?

98s14inaz
04-16-2008, 10:06 AM
i dont even know if i want to mod anymore...

whats the point if someone just wants to take it from me?

does anyone know if S14 is any harder to steal?

Same difference. It comes down to how well the alarm is hardwired in and if you have any secondary counter measures. The only way a thief is taking my car anywhere fast is with a tow truck, by that point they would have made so much noise I am outside sticking my .45 down his throat. None of that gone in 60 seconds shit at my house :nono: They'll be really disappointed when they open the hood anyway and see a ka...lol

mkiv98
04-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Same difference. It comes down to how well the alarm is hardwired in and if you have any secondary counter measures. The only way a thief is taking my car anywhere fast is with a tow truck, by that point they would have made so much noise I am outside sticking my .45 down his throat. None of that gone in 60 seconds shit at my house :nono: They'll be really disappointed when they open the hood anyway and see a ka...lol

get a fake FMIC, see who has the last laugh when they open the hood, hahaha :bite:

drifting_changed_mylife
04-16-2008, 12:12 PM
I never got anything back. You're luckier than I was.

what r u nutz! i would rather get nothing back than that shit

GSXRJJordan
04-16-2008, 01:20 PM
This thread is depressing. Luckily enough for me, my S13 sat on the street with it's kit, FMIC, and wheels for 2 years without getting stolen. Go South Pas.

About the whole "shooting a robber" thing - here's the scoop:
In CA, in order to legally shoot someone, that person has to be creating a "mortal danger" to you or someone else. That means that they have to have: 1) a 'deadly weapon', and 2) "intent to kill"
Notice nowhere in there is 'trespassing' or 'breaking and entering' - these are not qualifiers to shoot someone (although they do help with "intent").

So here's what I live by: if someone breaks into my house, they're going to see the business end of a gun and warning to get down on the ground - if they have anything shiny, or look like they're going for a weapon, they probably get shot.
If they're in the garage, or in your car while it's on the street, it's a little harder, because there's no intent to kill, just an intent to steal. In this case, you show them the gun and try to make them wait for the cops. If they rush you with no weapon, you're forced to shoot, and then you're in a whole lot of trouble. If they have a weapon (breaker bar, anything), it's much easier to get off.

Final tid-bit of info ~ the absolute worst thing that could happen is not to have your shit stolen, or to be beat up/shot by a robber. The worst thing is to be shot (or have your loved ones shot) with your own gun. If you have a gun, make sure it's in your hands and that you're ready to use it.

mrpeepers
04-16-2008, 01:57 PM
noooooooo omg dude that brings back the horrible memories from short cir circuit when the wrecked jonny 5....:tear:

an_orange_s2k
04-16-2008, 02:09 PM
sorry to hear man...this sucks. all these theives need to get caught...

mkiv98
04-16-2008, 04:56 PM
This thread is depressing. Luckily enough for me, my S13 sat on the street with it's kit, FMIC, and wheels for 2 years without getting stolen. Go South Pas.

About the whole "shooting a robber" thing - here's the scoop:
In CA, in order to legally shoot someone, that person has to be creating a "mortal danger" to you or someone else. That means that they have to have: 1) a 'deadly weapon', and 2) "intent to kill"
Notice nowhere in there is 'trespassing' or 'breaking and entering' - these are not qualifiers to shoot someone (although they do help with "intent").

So here's what I live by: if someone breaks into my house, they're going to see the business end of a gun and warning to get down on the ground - if they have anything shiny, or look like they're going for a weapon, they probably get shot.
If they're in the garage, or in your car while it's on the street, it's a little harder, because there's no intent to kill, just an intent to steal. In this case, you show them the gun and try to make them wait for the cops. If they rush you with no weapon, you're forced to shoot, and then you're in a whole lot of trouble. If they have a weapon (breaker bar, anything), it's much easier to get off.

Final tid-bit of info ~ the absolute worst thing that could happen is not to have your shit stolen, or to be beat up/shot by a robber. The worst thing is to be shot (or have your loved ones shot) with your own gun. If you have a gun, make sure it's in your hands and that you're ready to use it.
good info +rep

95Blue240sx
04-16-2008, 05:13 PM
I REALLY HATE thieves!

Ive had 2 cars stolen from my driveway. Not my 240, but my cousin and my friends' car. The first one was a 89 CRX w/b16, lowered, with gsr wheels. It was in my driveway and my cousin asked if he could use my car for the day(I was in NYC at the time) so I said yeah no problem. He left my house in the early am and his car was in my driveway. When he got back in the late afternoon is was gone. I live in a nice neighborhood in a court. The only way to get to my place is if you knew where I lived or if you are lost. Im pretty away from a main street.

When he got the car back it was FUCKED UP. They took the motor, wheels and anything that has been upgraded. The then used a crowbar and popped off all the door handles. They broke all the windows and dented EVERY body panel. After that they vandalized it with local race groups names. We were so fucking furious. To this day we still dont know who did it, but I still keep an eye on all the cars that come into my court.

2 months after my brothers friend came over and left his car here while they went out to a club. They left at 11, but ended up coming back at 12.30 because of plan changes. When they got back his car was gone. In an HOUR and a HALF. WTF It was a 00 civic dx lowered on some racinghart c5's, everything else was stock. The police found it 2 days later missing the rims, stereo and all his cds. The body and everything else was still there.

I just cant believe how some people do this shit. I would seriously chase someone down if I caught them trying to pull this off on my car. These thefts happened about 2 years ago, but I am still worried about my car.

SinisterSntra91
04-16-2008, 06:03 PM
The S14 I bought had been stolen, had a RB20 in it, the owner told me it also had rims and such with a FMIC, etc. This is how it looked when he got it back and I bought it cause he didnt want to fix it.....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/SinisterSentra91/S14/CIMG0174.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/SinisterSentra91/S14/CIMG0175.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/SinisterSentra91/S14/CIMG0178.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/SinisterSentra91/S14/CIMG0179.jpg

Farzam
04-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Car thieves suck cock.

Sorry to see your car like that holmes