PDA

View Full Version : AutoBACs in Covina CA.

beeracing s14
04-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I passed by the area and saw a billboard pointing to the Covina Towne SQuare that says Autobacs coming soon. I wonder if anyone knew about this. I guess its time to roll to a diffrent place to hold meets? I think that is where AMC Covina movie theater is.

DALAZ_68
04-09-2008, 08:42 PM
I passed by the area and saw a billboard pointing to the Covina Towne SQuare that says Autobacs coming soon. I wonder if anyone knew about this. I guess its time to roll to a diffrent place to hold meets? I think that is where AMC Covina movie theater is.

i herd about it bout a month or so ago...still fucken far for me lol

usdm180sx
04-09-2008, 08:56 PM
They need one in teh south bay :D

DALAZ_68
04-09-2008, 08:59 PM
They need one in teh south bay :D
they need on in teh L.A. area

jdm538
04-09-2008, 09:03 PM
we need an upgarage...

i'm guessing autobacs usa is doing well.

DUFFM4N
04-09-2008, 09:03 PM
NICE! it'll only be 10 min away now

beeracing s14
04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
i should have actually checked the location but i assume it would just be as big as stanton because of the installation shop annexed to it.

beeracing s14
04-09-2008, 09:13 PM
upgarage was here for 3 years in Gardena, CA. doing business as RED ROUnd Racing. and thank God I have completed the cheap ass JDM s14 Kouki look before theyve closed down. I miss those guys :(

jdm538
04-09-2008, 09:17 PM
upgarage was here for 3 years in Gardena, CA. doing business as RED ROUnd Racing. and thank God I have completed the cheap ass JDM s14 Kouki look before theyve closed down. I miss those guys :(

sadly yes they are gone... too bad they had god prices on lots of hard to find used parts.

autobacs has a nice store front. if only their prices weren't so high.

Jdotsturn
04-09-2008, 09:20 PM
What ever happened to RRR?

JDMB0iKT
04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
They need one in Norcal?

kouki_s14
04-09-2008, 09:36 PM
What ever happened to RRR?

Upgarage only sent them the stuff they could not sell in Japan, which led to bad sales here. Some stuff was still good, but for the most part they were hard to sell parts. Eventually Upgarage decided to close up RRR and put their focus back on Upgarage in Japan so they packed a container and shipped most of the stuff back.

^^that is what the RRR guys told me

Happened almost exactly a year ago. Prices were awesomeeeeee right before they closed.

worangejuice
04-09-2008, 09:40 PM
I went there once and it seemed like a glorified autozone to me....hmm

usdm180sx
04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Pretty much. Lots of people go there for meets and to hang out and such. And eat at Pipeline Pizza when it was awesome

cxlo8331
04-09-2008, 09:46 PM
we need an upgarage...

i'm guessing autobacs usa is doing well.

yes i agree

sadly yes they are gone... too bad they had god prices on lots of hard to find used parts.

autobacs has a nice store front. if only their prices weren't so high.

yup.

Upgarage only sent them the stuff they could not sell in Japan, which led to bad sales here. Some stuff was still good, but for the most part they were hard to sell parts. Eventually Upgarage decided to close up RRR and put their focus back on Upgarage in Japan so they packed a container and shipped most of the stuff back.

^^that is what the RRR guys told me

Happened almost exactly a year ago. Prices were awesomeeeeee right before they closed.

i wish they would come back but as up garage usa.

e30cabrio
04-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Does anyone really buy anything autobacs, besides little nick nacks and whatnot, which can be bought from any other auto store?

Obviously people do, otherwise they wouldn't still be in business. However, most of those sales probably come from the common person buying stuff, etc.

duffman1278
04-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Covina ftw!!!! This is on my way to and from school/work. Sweet.

Sil-Abc
04-09-2008, 10:15 PM
i dont understand y u guys are so happy about it. Autobacs in the US is like paying 200% for what the product is really worth. Ur better off buyin shit online.

beeracing s14
04-09-2008, 11:02 PM
the only time i go to autobacs is not to buy their stuff but to use their restroom after i eat at that pizza place next to it. :D

beeracing s14
04-09-2008, 11:06 PM
i know one of RRR employee and he works for SRmotorcars still in Gardena.

kouki_s14
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
i know one of RRR employee and he works for SRmotorcars still in Gardena.

Last I heard Steve (owner of SRmotorcars) was arrested. Is he out? or is the the shop still running without him?

ronmcdon
04-09-2008, 11:51 PM
they need on in teh L.A. area

i second that! seems like LA is the boondocks when it comes to automotive stuff.

kdashy
04-09-2008, 11:57 PM
I hope this new one is less like a glorified autozone.

DUFFM4N
04-10-2008, 12:57 AM
i dont understand y u guys are so happy about it. Autobacs in the US is like paying 200% for what the product is really worth. Ur better off buyin shit online.

i can give a few reasons:

-parts are available RIGHT there (rather then 2-3 month wait, some cases more)
-dealing face to face rather then over the internet and hassling with GAYpal
-quality parts that most retail shops in the area dont carry
-they have huge stock and variety

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
04-10-2008, 01:26 AM
the cool thing i like about autob's is that you can window shop there. see some cool stuff and then search and see if you can find it easier! they do have some great sales on oil and other little things you need for your car. plus if you don;t change your own oil they have the right filters for sr's and 1jz's and other motors. they also have good deals on tires sometimes.

ALTRNTV
04-10-2008, 03:27 AM
If you need hookups at Autobacs Stanton, my 3 girl friends work there.
They're the cutest ones.

:keke:

Sil-Abc
04-10-2008, 05:13 AM
hey romeo is jeri one of them hahaha. i would rather buy my parts thru phase2, quick, cheap, and good quality stuff. personally, from what ive noticed its cheaper online and the wait isnt that bad but hey what do i kno?

THE PROPHET
04-10-2008, 09:39 AM
nice!! this would be like a 2 minute drive for me, or a 5 minute run......if i sprint. Im fast...

cserrano86
04-10-2008, 10:05 AM
I heard about this a couple of weeks ago from one of the employees at the Stanton location. According to her, the soft opening is on Apr 17th and the grand opening is on Apr 21st. I'll be there for the grand opening if this is true.

90hatchie
04-10-2008, 10:35 AM
we need an autobacs in new york

Yuri
04-10-2008, 10:56 AM
I like autobacs.
Although I buy most my parts from driftspeed (S13), Yearone (Duster) or other places (Jag.)

It's 2 blocks from my work, so I usually have my oil changed there on my cars.
That's right.
I don't change my own oil because I hate doing it.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x158/DKapt/Yuri%20projects/S13/Autobacsrack2.jpg

pink godzila
04-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Good to heard AutoBac going to open in Covina and its only 10 mins away from me. hope there will be a Covina AutoBac meet in futrue!!

xfallen1x
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Nice! I'm pretty sure with this new location opening up it will be a matter of time before a Covina Autobacs meet starts up.

azndoc
04-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Alright so close to my house.

I've only gone to the one in stanton a few times.

Never really bought anything except for motor oil.

When I would go to the one in Japan, I'd go there just to look at cool shit.

I'll have to go to the grand opening to see if they have any cool shit for sale.

Jimmy Up
04-10-2008, 01:10 PM
3 minute drive.

We need to arrange meets ASAP :D

Mikey213
04-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I bought a few Carbing goodies for my s13 and b13 when they had a few carbing peices... =0P

Bobafreak
04-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Im glad about it but not to thrilled. This is going to cause alot of controversy.
I see honda flybys, meet bust, and chp hangout to the ethusiast in the near future. I just hope im wrong.

Thursday
04-10-2008, 02:15 PM
ill be stopping by autobacs on the 13th YEAHH!!

axiomatik
04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't know what the fuss is. I stopped by the first one back in 2004. Didn't see anything different that I could find online, and the prices sucked. Half the stuff was suv wheels, stereo equipment, and LED windshield washers.

s13poop
04-10-2008, 03:28 PM
sweetness now i don't have to drive to stanton :bigok:

i'll all be 10min away

i like the fact that they have everything there they have cool deals on small stuff for detailing, tires and car knick nacks i always leave with something good

as far a meet boba freak is right i know the honda scene in covina isn't that great so i'd just be a shopper than a meet regular :keke:

*edit*
went to the site are they already open?? i can't seem to find info about a grand opening

beeracing s14
04-10-2008, 03:51 PM
autobacs covina may have advantage with drifters who might need quick stuffs from drifting in irwindale. just my thoughts.

carbonx240
04-10-2008, 04:03 PM
everyone says that the prices are too high.well i have checked some of them and they are not that high.at leat the ones i compared before.the good thing about autobac is the service.they or at least the employees that helped me before know enought to help you.you get discounts very often also.you can get the vip card if still available and get discounts.if you are a good buyer you can get really good deals.i do.i got my cf seat in one day.but parts from Japan take time.besides the warranty.if the product is damaged in that moment you can claim it.but as it was mentioned before. some will be disagree.there are two guys that found whtever i wanted.one works there and the other one doesn't work there anymore.Ben and Benard.still everyone should be able to help you if no someone else's will for sure.

Jimmy Up
04-10-2008, 04:04 PM
The pepboys right there is gonna lose A LOT of business I'm sure, it gonna be like when the toys r us opened across the street from this...I was 6 and I was in love...

Bobafreak
04-10-2008, 04:33 PM
damn i forgot about the toys are us being there. Isnt it a furniture place now?

beeracing s14
04-10-2008, 04:40 PM
pepboys will lose coz they dont sell motul and greddy oil ! bwahahahah!

andmattsayd
04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Im glad about it but not to thrilled. This is going to cause alot of controversy.
I see honda flybys, meet bust, and chp hangout to the ethusiast in the near future. I just hope im wrong.

damnit im reallly hoping it doesnt come to this

Jimmy Up
04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
damn i forgot about the toys are us being there. Isnt it a furniture place now?

I dont think so, I havent really paid much attention to it but last time I looked it was a Toys "R" us. I am gonna go to coldstones right by there right now with my lady and catch some pics like the paparazzi :D

Vatche
04-10-2008, 07:23 PM
they have a whole wall of air fresheners.

Rob's S14
04-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Autobacs is cool. They have good prices on tires, and oil changes are cheap. I don't have a place to do them myself, and even if I did, I'd still probably go. It's cheap and I can go to Red Robin while I wait. Plus most of the people inside are pretty cool.

usdm180sx
04-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Autobacs is cool. They have good prices on tires, and oil changes are cheap. I don't have a place to do them myself, and even if I did, I'd still probably go. It's cheap and I can go to Red Robin while I wait. Plus most of the people inside are pretty cool.

Oil changes are not cheap at autobacs. For synthetic it's like $65-70. Signal Auto in Torrance does it for $40 w/Neo synthetic. That's one thing they are still good for haha

kandyflip445
04-10-2008, 09:42 PM
When I went to the one in Stanton all I did was look at all the cool displays. I tried out all the lights, the helmets, got stuck in a few bucket seats, annoyed the shit out of people with the horn display and laughing about it. Freakin great.

All I bought was an air freshener though. I would have bought my ES bushing kit there but they didn't stock it at the time. They only had Civic kits. LOL

duffman1278
04-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Bad news is meets might not last too long because the Covina police is pretty anal about modified cars. Especially/mostly import cars.

efrain240sx
04-10-2008, 11:35 PM
It's going to be were the old home depot was at. Which is only like 3min away from my house. It's going to be kool, but at the same time it's going to suck for us that live around it. As it is I really can't drive my car around here anymore with out getting pulled over. Because cops here are pricks, that think that every body that has a modified car is a street racer.

Jimmy Up
04-10-2008, 11:42 PM
I went over there a couple hours ago and I saw no signs, or signs of any prep for a grand opening next week...just looked like a closed up home depot to me. How sure are we on this one?

duffman1278
04-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Its pretty dam sure their building one since their site says its coming soon.
1480 North Azusa Ave.
Covina, CA 91722

Nismoknightska-t
04-10-2008, 11:59 PM
It's going to be were the old home depot was at. Which is only like 3min away from my house. It's going to be kool, but at the same time it's going to suck for us that live around it. As it is I really can't drive my car around here anymore with out getting pulled over. Because cops here are pricks, that think that every body that has a modified car is a street racer.

the whole nismoknights crew lives in azusa.. and no one ever got pulled over for some bs.. the only time one of us got a ref ticket was cause he got on it hard on azusa ave.. the cops in a azusa are pretty chill.. they just hate all the dumb ass canyon racers.. thats the only ones i see getting pulled over..

efrain240sx
04-11-2008, 12:00 AM
^ yup. Also in their web site it say that they are hiring for that store to. I think I'm going to apply just for kicks, I do need a new part time job and it is so close to my house.

articdragon192
04-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Awesome. I can buy bulbs there now instead of going to Stanton.

efrain240sx
04-11-2008, 12:43 AM
the whole nismoknights crew lives in azusa.. and no one ever got pulled over for some bs.. the only time one of us got a ref ticket was cause he got on it hard on azusa ave.. the cops in a azusa are pretty chill.. they just hate all the dumb ass canyon racers.. thats the only ones i see getting pulled over..

I don't know man their is this one cop guy that is always around are area. He is a real prick, he has ref 3 of my friends, 2 of them got ref twice by him. 1st friend got pulled over for having bright head lights, then a week later as he was leaving the 76 on the corner of cerritos and arrow, the cop saw his car and he remembered him so he pulled him over again and give him another ref ticket this time for loud exhaust. 2nd friend got pulled over as he was about to enter his house, he got a ref ticket because his exhaust was to loud according to the cop. But not only did he get a ref ticket, he also got his car taken away because his insurance card had expired and he didn't have his current one with him. So he called his mom with his cell phone so she could bring it a out , but even then the cop still took his car because he said that he didn't have it with him at the time he got pulled over. 3rd friend I cant remember why he got pulled over, I just know that he has 2 ref tickets from him. And as for canyon racing I don't think we have been up their in over 2 years.

Jimmy Up
04-11-2008, 12:49 AM
I just checked the site and its definitely right there, then I played with that map thing. My old 92 hatch is parked in front of my house haha, that shit is sick

adrians_s13
04-11-2008, 01:02 AM
sweet... another Autobacs. Back when I used to work in Garden Grove, I would always loiter there haha. I think I've browsed through every isle there.
I remember they once had a sale on Royal Purp for 4.99 / qt. Too bad that didn't last long :-/

84GTSR5
04-11-2008, 03:35 AM
I don't know man their is this one cop guy that is always around are area. He is a real prick, he has ref 3 of my friends, 2 of them got ref twice by him. 1st friend got pulled over for having bright head lights, then a week later as he was leaving the 76 on the corner of cerritos and arrow, the cop saw his car and he remembered him so he pulled him over again and give him another ref ticket this time for loud exhaust. 2nd friend got pulled over as he was about to enter his house, he got a ref ticket because his exhaust was to loud according to the cop. But not only did he get a ref ticket, he also got his car taken away because his insurance card had expired and he didn't have his current one with him. So he called his mom with his cell phone so she could bring it a out , but even then the cop still took his car because he said that he didn't have it with him at the time he got pulled over. 3rd friend I cant remember why he got pulled over, I just know that he has 2 ref tickets from him. And as for canyon racing I don't think we have been up their in over 2 years.

Yup that cop was a real asshole, I had to pay allot go get my car out. Thats why i Don't drive my car anymore. I think Having the Autobacs will be good and bad, cause its going to attract all of the cops in the area more towards our cars. And we will get all the ricer/wanna be racers/drifters in the area. As it is I can't drive my car in Azusa, cause the cops think im a racer/drifter just because i drive a 240(even thought is my Daily) Thanks to all the canyon racers that pass through here.

Anyhow.
The New Autobacs will only be a Block away form my house. Its even within Walking distance:hsdance:

Maxstyle
04-11-2008, 09:54 AM
I used to work at autobacs a while back. It sad how many punks come in and ask all these questions then go and buy online. Then when I tried to keep it short, they get all mad. The say that's bad customer service, but i would only do it to people that would be there to ask questions countless times. Customer service if for the customers. Many people, some here, know that If you wanted something, I'd take care of you on price. Anything to special order can be adjusted. Just don't pull out some guy trying to make 5-10 points on a product. Not only that. You get to go somewhere for support if it is failing. Try to get that offline. It has it's ups and downs. You know. Not only paying for the parts but for people in HP dept's knowledge. Jimmy the Dept. Asst Manager is awsome. Really knows his shit. There is one or two people though that aren't quite right.

Bobafreak
04-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Well just see how it goes then.

s14_legend
04-11-2008, 10:56 AM
sweet another autobacs...only thing sucks is that cops are dicks around that area...bahh

lok
04-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Man living in California is a catch 22 it seems like.

They frown upon modified cars but give you easy access to all the parts and tools necessary to do the work.

It is like giving the drug dealers the easy access to drugs and then giving tickets when they get caught selling it.

s14_legend
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
yeah sadly thats how it is...its a way for our government to make there money...why do u think they make special tasks forces just for us lovely imports

Bobafreak
04-11-2008, 01:03 PM
<Plays "for the love of money"-bone thugs and harmony

beeracing s14
04-12-2008, 09:39 AM
has anybody gone there and taken pictures of its progress?

Jimmy Up
04-12-2008, 09:48 AM
I went but I didnt see any "progress" st all man- we'll see in the days to come...

KA24DESOneThree
04-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I went there, realized that I wasn't a total poseur, and left.

Ex-friend with an R34 spent the whole time outside insulting every JDM fanboy who came up. I came outside and started laughing.

kandyflip445
04-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I used to work at autobacs a while back. It sad how many punks come in and ask all these questions then go and buy online. Then when I tried to keep it short, they get all mad. The say that's bad customer service, but i would only do it to people that would be there to ask questions countless times. Customer service if for the customers. Many people, some here, know that If you wanted something, I'd take care of you on price. Anything to special order can be adjusted. Just don't pull out some guy trying to make 5-10 points on a product. Not only that. You get to go somewhere for support if it is failing. Try to get that offline. It has it's ups and downs. You know. Not only paying for the parts but for people in HP dept's knowledge. Jimmy the Dept. Asst Manager is awsome. Really knows his shit. There is one or two people though that aren't quite right.

They do that info shopping everywhere. I get it at Best Buy all the time. I even had a guy tell me he just came in to pick my brain and was looking at a TV online. I excused myself to contact another customer and he got mad at me because he said I wasn't practicing good customer service. Just like you said. lol

DUFFM4N
04-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Ex-friend with an R34 spent the whole time outside insulting every JDM fanboy who came up. I came outside and started laughing.

i can see why he's an "ex-friend"...insults "jdm fanboys" for going over there to check it out, yet HE'S the one posted outside waiting for them...anyone else see the irony in that? :jerkit:

KA24DESOneThree
04-13-2008, 10:36 AM
i can see why he's an "ex-friend"...insults "jdm fanboys" for going over there to check it out, yet HE'S the one posted outside waiting for them...anyone else see the irony in that? :jerkit:

He "had a reputation to uphold." The reputation was that he was a total douchebag.

He did have a couple funny lines, though.