PDA

View Full Version : International Shipping Question!

bryce with a y
04-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Hey so i have a buyer for my coilovers in portugal....

i just did a quick quote on ups and fedex.

shipping is 500 bucks! u guys had any better luck for international shipping other then paying out the azz?

Blurryeyes
04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Try usps, real slow though I usually wait 3 weeks for my parts even though mexico is not that far appart. And make sure your buyer is clear that he will probably have to pay VAT and custom fees

bryce with a y
04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
yea usps is the best i just found out. and they said 6-10 days.

Blurryeyes
04-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Take into account that those are business days and custom delay times will vary from country to country, tell your customer that you are not responsible for those to avoid getting him on your case when the package gets a little behind schedule.

pbcstylez
04-09-2008, 03:55 PM
try fedex?.......... i use them thru work

S13E
04-09-2008, 04:10 PM
I ship crap all day at my work. VIA UPS and USPS

Definately shipping through UPS is going to cost more and fee's are higher. I ship international always using USPS EXPRESS because its insured and claim if box is stolen/lost, USPS Priority does not.

I have my TEIN HE's here at work in a box so I tossed them on a scale and punched up Portugal on USPS, comes out to $273.00 shipping VIA USPS Express from San Francisco CA to Portugal for a 66 lbs box.

Through my UPS account, Worldwide Express Plus, Express, Express Saver are NOT available. Only Worldwide Expedited which comes up to $465.00 from San Francisco to Portugal for a 66 lb box.

I know you're not in CA so the rates would differ but kind of a ballpark figure i'm seeing.