PDA

View Full Version : lost cellphone how to activate..

thedecapitator
04-08-2008, 12:44 AM
so i found a sprint phone and all i want to do is swap my old phone number with a sprint phone i found...except when i went to the sprint store they said the phone was still "active" :: the phone i found:: but i still couldnt make any phone calls:( :: on the phone i found that supposedly was active::

so what the heck i guess they reported it as "lost"

right??

my MAIN QUESTION IS... how long will it take for me to get the phone activated???

i heard it takes up to 3 months to be under the "lost" category and then i can swap my phone number because the phone wont be "active" anymore

jackjack
04-08-2008, 11:28 AM
what phone do you currently have?

i'm pretty sure sprint phones use sim cards. if thats the case, swap sim cards and you'll be good to go.

BustedS13
04-08-2008, 11:36 AM

i'm pretty sure sprint phones use sim cards. if thats the case, swap sim cards and you'll be good to go.

no, they're like the only phone company that DOESN'T use sim cards. sprint is stuck in the 90's, hard.

so let me get this straight, OP. you "found" a phone that's still active.. you know, all phones have tracking numbers. maybe if you "found" the phone, you should turn it over to sprint so they can return it to its owner.

Silvia_S13
04-08-2008, 11:38 AM
and if you found it, they wont put ur number on it lol. they blacklist all lost/stolen sprint phones for over 2 years. so people like you can't go using other peoples stuff.

jackjack
04-08-2008, 11:38 AM
no, they're like the only phone company that DOESN'T use sim cards. sprint is stuck in the 90's, hard.

really? damn, talk about stoneage.

Phlip
04-08-2008, 11:44 AM
And what has been said is true with lost/stolen phones, their Serial Numbers are not able to be activated again once they've been placed on that list, sometimes even if the original owner calls to tell the company that they've found or recovered it.

240trainee
04-08-2008, 11:50 AM
really? damn, talk about stoneage.

Verizon is like that too.

BustedS13
04-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Verizon is like that too.

yeah, it makes getting the phones you want an obscene chore. sprint also refuses to use GSM for god knows what reason. it's completely ridiculous, i can't wait for my contract to expire. because i want to use this.

http://www.bbc-mart.com/brick_phone/stand_500.jpg

oh yeah. brick stylin' and profilin'. if they make some sort of belt clip for it, it'd be everything i'd ever want.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GSM-Classic-Mobile-Cellular-Retro-Vintage-Brick-Phone_W0QQitemZ380012469892QQihZ025QQcategoryZ3312 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

98s14inaz
04-08-2008, 12:31 PM

Nope, sprint and verizon are cdma. No sim cards. If you want some good karma you'd return the phone to the owner. It shouldn't be hard to track down. Sprint should have a thing on their web site to let you activate a phone. I know verizon does.

Farzam
04-08-2008, 02:51 PM
I just gave you 2 more red squares

My day is complete

thedecapitator
04-08-2008, 04:25 PM
nah im not going to return it..im sure all u guys wont return shit either

i was just wondering how long it takes to activate a phone taht was reported lost

so uhm ya 2 yrs is too long to wait ha

BustedS13
04-08-2008, 04:56 PM

i was just wondering how long it takes to activate a phone taht was reported lost

so how nice of a phone is it, thief?

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-08-2008, 05:55 PM
return it. I'm sure you'll be thankful if someone returned a very expensive phone if you lost yours. Don't be a dick.

RiversideS13
04-08-2008, 05:59 PM
karma.... it will get back to you. you should return it

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
04-08-2008, 06:00 PM
some red for you, for not wanting to return the phone. dick!

Brandon
04-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I think you should just return it, you won't be able to use it anyways and it'd be the nice thing to do.

You got some red from me too.

BustedS13
04-08-2008, 06:09 PM
you've got red on you.

at any rate, if you want to return the phone and still be a cockhole, call the home number on it and ask for a cash reward.

rainier
04-08-2008, 08:06 PM
just wondering, what kind of phone did you find?

90KAcoupe
04-08-2008, 08:18 PM
im just wondering where u found the phone.. and what phone is it.. i know this is a shot in the dark but i lost my phone snowboarding in NC is the samsung that looks like the LG that every verizon owner has had with the speakers on the side....

JVD
04-08-2008, 08:54 PM

I read your posts and was like must be some 16yr old kid. You're 27?! Ahahaha. Pathetic! I picture you like this at the moment.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/f/f/get_a_brain_morans.jpg

Karma's a bitch bud.

Remember that.

BustedS13
04-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I read your posts and was like must be some 16yr old kid. You're 27?! Ahahaha. Pathetic! I picture you like this at the moment.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/f/f/get_a_brain_morans.jpg

Karma's a bitch bud.

Remember that.
why why why why why why....

...did that fucktard have to be a cards fan

sb253
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
I read your posts and was like must be some 16yr old kid. You're 27?! Ahahaha.
Karma's a bitch bud.

Remember that.

I did the same thing! I was like...he must be 16....went up and checked....27?? Dudes older than me :fawk2:

weak

SimpleS14
04-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Damn dude...you should really return the phone. How would you feel if you lost your phone and someone found it and started using it?

You won't be able to use the phone once the serial number has been blacklisted on the Sprint network.

WilloW
04-08-2008, 09:59 PM
You'll get yours someday. Karma's a bitch. God forbid if you lose more than a phone and someone don't want to return it.

Gnnr
04-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Man, the worst part of losing a phone is losing all your stored numbers. Return that shit and stop being an asshole. Its gonna be a paperweight soon anyways when the owner reports it. :squint:

raz0rbladez909
04-09-2008, 12:02 AM
at 27 you should be able to afford a new phone, if not you fail at life:smash:

thedecapitator
04-09-2008, 01:32 AM
lighten up panzies its a old model flip up cellphone scratched up and beat up
i had to get a damn battery and some cables to charge it
dont hate...thats all u guys do is just hate for ex. u guys hatting on downshift sideways for getting unemployment wtf!! u guys are a bunch of tight asses

and just for the record i found the phone on my way to some backyard fights they hold for $$
so for the person who posted up no its not ur phone unless its an old beat up phone scratched up old model flip up that u may find in an alley hahhahaah:fawk:

Farzam
04-09-2008, 01:41 AM
So the phone matches your personality and quality of life

Woohoo!

ayuaddict
04-09-2008, 01:49 AM
thats all u guys do is just hate for ex. u guys hatting on downshift sideways for getting unemployment wtf!! :fawk:

wat?

thehellareyoutalkingabout.

dvdevo
04-09-2008, 01:57 AM
sprint uses cdma, they dont use sim cards. They register the phone by ESN so if its reported stolen, its pointless to keep it. Used phones are so cheap on craigslist and ebay if you just want the basic stuff. Just return the damn phone.

flip3d
04-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, Verizon and Sprint are on CDMA. CDMA is in all aspects, faster than GSM.

To all of you that said Sprint is in the stonage...

You know nothing.

TDMA is the old tech that you speak of.

redtop91
04-09-2008, 05:45 PM
sprint is stuck in the 90's, hard.

Bahahahahaha. EVDO revision A and mobile upload and download speeds rivaling wired DSL is sooooooo 90's. :hammer: SIM cards are the 90's technology along with most GSM provider's data technology.

I work for Sprint. Basically the idea has been covered. As long as that ESN is reported lost or stolen, you can't have it. If the account holder who flagged it calls in and removes the flag.

BustedS13
04-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Bahahahahaha. EVDO revision A and mobile upload and download speeds rivaling wired DSL is sooooooo 90's. :hammer: SIM cards are the 90's technology along with most GSM provider's data technology.

I work for Sprint. Basically the idea has been covered. As long as that ESN is reported lost or stolen, you can't have it. If the account holder who flagged it calls in and removes the flag.

i have a sprint contract. internet on my moto q is BLAZING compared to my buddy's blackberry. but everything else about sprint is garbage.

redtop91
04-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Definitely agreed. Customer service is horrible. The cell service itself I have no problems with however. And I don't need to call in for assistance so I can dodge that bullet too :2f2f:

ctm_motortrends
04-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Wow always nice to know there are still a bunch of shitty people out there. Sucks that I have done business with this guy before.

stinky_180
04-09-2008, 06:44 PM
i work for a cell phone recycling company and we get lost/stolen/active phones on a daily basis. if you found the phone, the previous owner more than likely reported it lost or possibly stolen. the spring rep is saying that it is active because you can not use it. reason being, you found the phone and sprint knows so. you can

a) wait a week and try again
b) give the phone to a charity for E911 purposes
c) take it apart and fuck around with it
d) blow it up
e) all the above in that order.