PDA

View Full Version : question for all!!!!

spooledyou33
04-06-2008, 10:44 AM
This is a real cool forum..... you guys know your shit it great to use when you need help on a install or just trying to figure out a problem.. one thing i dont get how you guys are so hard on the new guys for not searching and asking for your help..... i dont get it you guys like flip the fuck out on them... a bounch of angrey 240 drivers in my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s boost and get loose all day baby

brndck
04-06-2008, 10:57 AM
alot of people get all elitist and power-trippy as soon as they get online. and we just get sick of seeing the same basic (and often very very stupid) questions posted in new threads over and over and over (often multiple times in one week!) again while they could've been very very easily answered by searching here, or google. if noobs would take the time to search before asking, they won't get flamed. but when you obviously haven't bothered searching, and ask a ? thats been answered hundreds of times over, it illustrates how lazy you are, and people on here don't take kindly to that.

ILoveMyRHS13
04-06-2008, 10:58 AM
One thing that you will learn with time, and I've said this before. Zilvia members are not assholes, they're just truthful and 100% honest. You might learn that through your time here.

godzillarb
04-06-2008, 11:01 AM
It can be rough here, but eventually, you'll learn to love it (assuming you're not a complete tool).

i need tires
04-06-2008, 11:05 AM
One thing that you will learn with time, and I've said this before. Zilvia members are not assholes, they're just truthful and 100% honest. You might learn that through your time here.

+1 they are honest... basically people say shit without thinking of your feels... some dont take it so serious!

SW20Racer
04-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Cruel to be kind in the right measure
Cruel to be kind it's a very good sign
Cruel to be kind means that I love you
Baby, got to be cruel, you got to be cruel to be kind

Edit: \/\/\/I BEAT THESE FUCKERS TO IT!\/\/\/

I AM TEH ORIGINAHLZ

CrimsonRockett
04-06-2008, 11:21 AM
We're honest.

Brutally honest.

If you don't like it, too bad.

The search button is there for a reason.

We're not here to spoon feed you.

LongGrain
04-06-2008, 11:31 AM
We're honest.

Brutally honest.

If you don't like it, too bad.

We're not here to spoon feed you.

werd

done and done

Phlip
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
It's called tough love.
Imagine that kid that had mommy and daddy GIVE them everything at the drop of a dime or mention of interest... Now imagine that kid that had parents who had to work and wanted to instill in them those same values. Sure, they could just give them what they want to shut them up, but the lesson is lost.
It works JUST that way with new people, spoonfeed them one answer and they want them all the same way... MAKE them go and find it, and you've not encountered a problem not dissimilar to feeding a stray dog. Same goes for the weekly "HAY GUYS, I'M NEW, LOOK AT MY PICTURES" thread that all go up in flames.
Yes, it is harsh, but it is that way for a reason.

deolio
04-06-2008, 12:18 PM
seeing the same questions over and over and people always posting in the wrong section gets on your nerves after a while.

TooForOh
04-06-2008, 12:50 PM
well since im sorta new i learned the hard way i guess.

i see everyone here like my older siblings that drive better 240's than me.

oh and dont post senseless crap cause the neg rep comes pouring in. lol

drift freaq
04-06-2008, 01:30 PM
wow, most of the other posts have explained it pretty well. All I can add is some of todays parents fail at parenting and the result is kids expecting everything on a Silver platter without working for it.

Plain and simple, here its old school. You have to work for it. You have to take your licks and fight your battles, and quite possibly learn and grow in the process.
I will be the first to say that I am not mistake free, I have learned from past mistakes in life. I also have learned to give someone their due, if they have earned it.

jackjack
04-06-2008, 01:30 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/341287/noob.jpg

no seriously though............... people need to "search" and not post bad/useless crap. thats just a waste of time/bandwidth.

spooledyou33
04-06-2008, 02:05 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/341287/noob.jpg

no seriously though............... people need to "search" and not post bad/useless crap. thats just a waste of time/bandwidth.
like this i just wanted to see what people would say.... look at this comment is this necessay...

Kn1ves
04-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Teach a man to fish

ESmorz
04-06-2008, 03:02 PM
like this i just wanted to see what people would say.... look at this comment is this necessay...

Obviously that was picture just a joke. He even said so RIGHT UNDER IT.

Zilvia, like all things good in life has a learning curve haha. Either hit the ground running, or die. Plain and simple.

Sreds13
04-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Ha I'm still fresh to the Zilvia waters and the 240 world and it didn't take me long to just Dive in... Everyone says, asks, and does stupid shit from time to time and when you put it out there for everyone to throw there opinions at it could turn out good or bad. Grow some bawls and know that sometimes you might get mad fun of in life or someone may give you a hard time... Don't be a Niny and love Zilvia ha

jackjack
04-06-2008, 03:08 PM
^ESmorz..........thank you

notice the "no seriously though"............ people need to learn how to read and not take things so serious. its the internet.

http://www.viscerotica.net/pictures/commentary/internet_serious_business4.jpg

what the crap is this thread for anyway? if you dont like it leave. plain and simple.

Felipe
04-06-2008, 04:42 PM

:tweak: theres a SEARCH button?

:rofl:

BustedS13
04-06-2008, 04:54 PM
It's called tough love.

yup
it's the internet, and people are always bigger assholes on the internet than in person, number one. number two, the same goddamn thing getting a new thread made when there are already dozens on the subject gets old fast

SEARCH NOOBLET

fliprayzin240sx
04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Cuz its funny watching people get rowdy over whats posted online...

Honestly, its the whole massive influx of noobs that gets old. Used to be we'd get a certain of them signing up every 6 months or so. Now its like fucking everyday we get like 30 more of you fucks signing up and 20 of them will ask the same stupid question like "would 300zx brakes fit on my POS S13?" Yah those get fucking old quick...

an_orange_s2k
04-07-2008, 12:22 AM
One thing that you will learn with time, and I've said this before. Zilvia members are not assholes, they're just truthful and 100% honest (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=185799#). You might learn that through your time here.

i agree. zilvia is differnt from other forums. everyone here is hella cool and has the do it yourself attitude.

WagDatto
04-07-2008, 01:48 AM
The main problem I have with people posting questions that have been answered 100 times in the past without searching is that 9 times out of 10, they title their thread along the lines of "Motor question," "I'm having electrical problems," or something like "Wheel fitment."

It makes me open the thread thinking "ooh, an interesting swap question," or "I want to see pictures of this guy's wires catching his car on fire, and a crazy story to go with it!" or "Badass offsets make me happy." When I read the same question "will these clean my brakes?" it pisses me off!

If you search, and there are 40 pages of random junk that are ALONG the lines of your question (I've been there, trust me!) use a thread title that prefaces what you're going to ask! "Alternator wiring, searched and couldn't find!" and explain that when you search alternator, you got 40 pages of random alternator swaps and whatnot...

[/rant]

Welcome to the intarwebz!

racepar1
04-07-2008, 02:06 AM
Like everyone else said the same questions get old fast! A few months ago there was a surge of tranny noise questions and in every thread all the morons said throwout bearing or pilot bushing. No matter what the noise/problem it was one of those. I got sick of fighting off the morons in EVERY thread so I took my time to write up a trans noise FAQ, and the stupidity continued. All anyone had to do was search "trans noise", read the first post, and if they still had questions post them there. The thread died and I still see the same questions being asked again and again on this subject! That's why it gets annoying! Nobody takes the time to look for the information that is readily available and we all end up answering the same crap over and over.

punxva
04-07-2008, 06:42 AM
the reason i don't like reading noob threads, is because when i go to search for some important i have to weed through 8 pages of bullshit just to find my answers, and most of the time the strings are within them.

Koopa Troopa
04-07-2008, 07:28 AM
oh and dont post senseless crap cause the neg rep comes pouring in. lol

It's amazing I don't have a coke line of red squares with all the senseless crap I post and shit fits I start.. Guess my parts list saves me... :yum:

98s14inaz
04-07-2008, 08:20 AM
This is a real cool forum..... you guys know your shit it great to use when you need help on a install or just trying to figure out a problem.. one thing i dont get how you guys are so hard on the new guys for not searching and asking for your help..... i dont get it you guys like flip the fuck out on them... a bounch of angrey 240 drivers in my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s boost and get loose all day baby

Two words, "Internet Etiquette". Just like in the real world there is a right way and a wrong way to communicate with others in your species. Yes they tend to get a little elitist around here but it is nothing more than hazing...although there are some that take it a little too far at times. But the majority of us are bored at work trying to entertain ourselves with whatever is allowed through the filters.

You wouldn't just take your car to a track, ignore the rules, and do whatever the fnck you want would you? Of course not, why take your computer to the internet and do the same thing?

There are some "subjects" that have been covered ad nauseum literally 100's of times since the first sr swap into a 240sx in the US occurred. More times than not if you just discovered something cool, someone else found it first and posted about it. Don't argue, that's the way it is. A quick search will usually find the thread or threads, the more you practice with the search function the better you get with it. Also, when you do actually make a valid coherent thread, make a habit of creating descriptive thread titles that make sense with valid info like...car, engine, specific problem, etc.

Thicken up the skin, search, know that it is only the internet and none of it matters :gives:

muddafakka
04-07-2008, 08:20 AM
My .02:

I like the way things are run here and how the members don't sugarcoat shit. I don't understand those people who say, "if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." That shit don't fly. I'd rather deal with people who are blunt and truthful than people who beat around the bush. I'd also rather deal with people who know their shit and are 100% certain, not people who give gay ass responses and make wild guesses.

I defected from another forum and let me just say that Zilvia is a breath of fresh air...seriously. I only go back to that other place for vert-specific stuff. Other than that, Zilvia has everything I need. Everything is so straightforward and I'm glad I don't have to deal with a billion threads on the same fucking topic. People can have their asshole moments but don't we all? You just gotta suck it up and look past it. It's just the internet. If you don't like it, there are other forums out there but you'd be hard-pressed to find one as good as this one.

98s14inaz
04-07-2008, 08:21 AM
It's amazing I don't have a coke line of red squares with all the senseless crap I post and shit fits I start.. Guess my parts list saves me... :yum:

No, you just get banned at other places lol :rolleyes:

exitspeed
04-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Zilvia.net...Where the Truth Hurts and Pain Builds Character

From the man himself.

Nuff said.

Koopa Troopa
04-07-2008, 08:34 AM
No, you just get banned at other places lol :rolleyes:

I'll have my daily driver in a Best Motoring Touge Showdown DVD before half of the cars at "other places" even run. They can ban me all they want, not like I'm missing out. :rofl: Only reason I tried to come back in the first place was cause Morrie and a couple other members kept suggesting it.

SHIFT_*grind*
04-07-2008, 08:34 AM
The only thing worse than a dumb thread is a dumb thread with a useless title. Making a new thread about "I want 2 make 300WHP wut modz should I get" is bad enough, but naming the thread "sr20det" is just icing on the cake*.

Bottom line is, there's a difference between being uninformed, and being just plain lazy. We were all uninformed at some point. If you're simply too lazy to even try to find answers yourself - and even worse, indignant about it - you're going to get picked on. Nothing unfair about that.

*a cake of shit

98s14inaz
04-07-2008, 08:42 AM
I'll have my daily driver in a Best Motoring Touge Showdown DVD before half of the cars at "other places" even run. They can ban me all they want, not like I'm missing out. :rofl: Only reason I tried to come back in the first place was cause Morrie and a couple other members kept suggesting it.

I don't know why they get so butt hurt over there. I never had a problem with you, I get along with just about anyone. We miss your drama lol

Koopa Troopa
04-07-2008, 08:47 AM
My honest opinion is pure jealousy actually.. I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet cause I kinda am but I think they don't want to admit that little Koopa grew up out of his high school, Initial D fanboy days and actually has a badass pile of parts on a car...

Kinda like when Roger posted pics of my car and a certain someone tried to say it wasn't mine or that I bought it that way... :rofl: If I can get it into Best Motoring next year I'll make sure I send everyone a copy of the DVD

98s14inaz
04-07-2008, 09:06 AM
My honest opinion is pure jealousy actually.. I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet cause I kinda am but I think they don't want to admit that little Koopa grew up out of his high school, Initial D fanboy days and actually has a badass pile of parts on a car...

Kinda like when Roger posted pics of my car and a certain someone tried to say it wasn't mine or that I bought it that way... :rofl: If I can get it into Best Motoring next year I'll make sure I send everyone a copy of the DVD

That would pwn. I hope you pull it off. If you don't blow your own trumpet, no one else will.

spooledyou33
04-07-2008, 10:23 AM
yeah ok i guess your all right... it must get really annoying telling the samething 5,000 times to some one

AlligatorBling
04-07-2008, 07:35 PM
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p197/cynicismX/ghey.jpg