PDA

View Full Version : smog..?

cooldill
04-05-2008, 05:39 PM
I will be moving to socal from hawaii in a little more than a week. I know you guys have smog, and im guessing that its similar to our "recon". How much does it cost to smog a car, is it that much trouble to smog a car thats been modded? with sr for example. What kinds of things do they check for smog? thanks.

pink godzila
04-05-2008, 05:48 PM
If you have a SR thats mean you will never pass smog here in Cal. I have people can do it without driving your car to local station. Let me know need any help.

apex
04-05-2008, 06:17 PM
I have people can do it without driving your car to local station. Let me know need any help.
:nono: thats how u get people into shit u tell poepl u dont even know that
u can get them a hot smog look hes been here since 03 he should know
u cant smog shit here in cali i dont care where hes from if i did hot somgs
and u bring people u dont even know in my shop i would not help u or him out any more

pink godzila
04-05-2008, 07:06 PM
:nono: thats how u get people into shit u tell poepl u dont even know that
u can get them a hot smog look hes been here since 03 he should know
u cant smog shit here in cali i dont care where hes from if i did hot somgs
and u bring people u dont even know in my shop i would not help u or him out any more

Correct, my bad I wasn't thinking.... :hammer:

eulalia
04-06-2008, 08:28 PM
its not that hard to get it to pass smog

just have to find the right place

an_orange_s2k
04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
If you have a SR thats mean you will never pass smog here in Cal.
how i love california...you can always get the thing barred but thats a lot of hassle from wht i hear. or theres that thing you can get from the DMV to prolong your smog/registration. i dont know the details but its some number tag that you have to renew eevry 6mons or so.

brndck
04-06-2008, 10:02 PM
fyi, when registering an out of state car in cali for the first time you must have the dmv inspect it, and with the amount of information the police officers are being provided (ie, what to look for in modified cars) there is a good chance that dmv has been also. maybe not, but when i got tags for my ae86 2 years ago, the guy was super anal when he was going over it, and it was stock! he kept asking if it had been "souped out" and spent 10 full minutes inspecting under the hood.

brndck
04-06-2008, 10:04 PM
how i love california...you can always get the thing barred but thats a lot of hassle from wht i hear. or theres that thing you can get from the DMV to prolong your smog/registration. i dont know the details but its some number tag that you have to renew eevry 6mons or so.
wtf r u talking about? you cannot get bar approval with an sr. and i'm unaware of any tag extension program. please provide more info and less speculation/rumors.

DataXUnknown
04-06-2008, 10:08 PM
be prepared to pay a couple hundred bucks man hahah.

wowitsaboy
04-06-2008, 10:39 PM
i'm unaware of any tag extension program. please provide more info and less speculation/rumors.

the reg. extension tags are only good to the end of the month displayed on the tag (expressed in numbers 1-12). you are allowed 3 IIRC before you are required to complete your smog/reg.

blasting_speed
04-06-2008, 10:55 PM
With an SR you're not going to pass at all. You won't even pass a visual exam. hahahahah Just watch out what you post on public forums. You can get in a shit load of trouble. I've been reading that it can hold up in court.

brndck
04-06-2008, 11:23 PM
the reg. extension tags are only good to the end of the month displayed on the tag (expressed in numbers 1-12). you are allowed 3 IIRC before you are required to complete your smog/reg.
o ya i 4got about those!

Kwonza Says
04-07-2008, 12:13 AM
hahah welcome to Hawaii Braddah~ well at least you got track days haha since the trackin hawaii closed donw a while ago...well yeah just gotta find places once you do your set ^^

Sil-Abc
04-07-2008, 04:37 AM
If you have a SR thats mean you will never pass smog here in Cal. I have people can do it without driving your car to local station. Let me know need any help.

technically it can pass smog just not visual inspection. out the pipe its fine

VertTwins
04-07-2008, 05:54 AM
The SR actually blows cleaner then the KA under the california testing conditions. Providing the motor is in good condition and the internal specs are met. But because the motor was never tested by the Federal EPA it is not a legal to use motor in the US at all. Because of California's visual inspection part of the test it fails.