PDA

View Full Version : anyone want to see irony?

aziankingz
04-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Found this the other day in my closet..going to sell it on ebay.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/chrisy783/IMG_0646.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/chrisy783/IMG_0647.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/chrisy783/IMG_0648.jpg

Notice how it says, "one step ahead of the competition". IRONIC..that competition bought bear out..

drift freaq
04-04-2008, 08:46 PM
The competition bought Bear out because, if they had not Bear would have bankrupt, and it would have brought down the whole financial industry and most likely thrust us into a depression.

On top of that Bear went down for two reasons. One was it was financing to much of the sub prime loans.

The other was a run on the bank by its creditors, something like this which has not been seen since 1929 and the crash of the U.S. stock market due to margin calling and a run on U.S. banks by the citizens.

Its not like the competition does not have its problems in this mess as well. They just managed to diversify enough not to kill themselves unlike Bear Stearns.
Bear lost their liquidity due to financial mismanagement. The competition did not take them out they took themselves out.

ESmorz
04-04-2008, 08:47 PM
You should make a new genre of music to go along with your posts.

Call it... failXcore.

Farzam
04-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I don't see how this t-shirt deserves it's own thread.

OurOnePassion
04-04-2008, 09:12 PM
You should make a new genre of music to go along with your posts.

Call it... failXcore.

Something about you and making reference to metal/hardcore music genres today, eigh?

Fine by me -- I'm not complaining. But, I think that brand of music is already taken. I won't say who by... don't wanna hurt any feelings. :blah:

aziankingz
04-04-2008, 09:28 PM
The competition bought Bear out because, if they had not Bear would have bankrupt, and it would have brought down the whole financial industry and most likely thrust us into a depression.

On top of that Bear went down for two reasons. One was it was financing to much of the sub prime loans.

The other was a run on the bank by its creditors, something like this which has not been seen since 1929 and the crash of the U.S. stock market due to margin calling and a run on U.S. banks by the citizens.

Its not like the competition does not have its problems in this mess as well. They just managed to diversify enough not to kill themselves unlike Bear Stearns.
Bear lost their liquidity due to financial mismanagement. The competition did not take them out they took themselves out.

so therefore, they are not one step ahead of their competition...and they went down not from their subprime department, which was already diminished a few months ago; it was due to their investment banking strategy.. they would use their client's funds as collateral, so when the biggest hedgefund company closed their account, other clients followed, resulting in the fall of bear. To top that off, every bank turned down bear when they needed the boost to stay in business.

ESmorz
04-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Something about you and making reference to metal/hardcore music genres today, eigh?

Fine by me -- I'm not complaining. But, I think that brand of music is already taken. I won't say who by... don't wanna hurt any feelings. :blah:

Yeah. I've been writing music today.

Today is musical. It's like Annie but not ginger and gay...

drift freaq
04-05-2008, 01:32 AM
so therefore, they are not one step ahead of their competition...and they went down not from their subprime department, which was already diminished a few months ago; it was due to their investment banking strategy.. they would use their client's funds as collateral, so when the biggest hedgefund company closed their account, other clients followed, resulting in the fall of bear. To top that off, every bank turned down bear when they needed the boost to stay in business.

You don't read well do you? I clearly stated that the Sub prime mess was part of it, though fact is still true that was one of the major reasons they lost their liquidity and thats the truth. I also stated that financial mismanagement was part of it as well. All you did was outline the financial mismanagement and you did not even get all of that right.

In fact, the CEO of Bear stated on the wed before Bear went down that they were liquid and stable, which of course was not true.

Oh and it was not banks turning down Bear, Bear had a run on its funds by the investors and creditors. Thats not the Banks not offering them money, its the banks pulling money out, because of financial mismanagement.
Like I stated earlier. I think you fail to realize the consequences of a run on the bank.

You are to keen to make your point about Bear being supposedly beaten by the competition. I think you fail at seeing the bigger picture here. In a effort to make your point about a lame t shirt and a lame thread about the lame t shirt.
The competition did not beat Bear. They and the Government bailed Bear out. Again because it averted what would have been the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.

You seem to miss the fact, that had Bear failed completely it would have taken down the whole financial industry and thrust us into a depression. Like I stated before.

If you don't think that would have happened or fail to see that fact , then you need to study and learn more about the business.

Oh, and one other thing I think you fail to realize, companies like Bear have been allowed to act like a bank with investments.This has been with out the proper regulatory control that is in place with regular banks.

Its competition is guilty of the same type of recklessness and they would have gone down as well if Bear had been allowed to go down. The only winners in this mess are the American economy and people having narrowly dodged a major bullet.

ESmorz
04-05-2008, 01:39 AM
You don't read well do you? I clearly stated that the Sub prime mess was part of it. I also stated that financial mismanagement was part of it as well. All you did was outline the financial mismanagement.

Oh and it was not banks turning down Bear, Bear had a run on its funds by the investors. Like I stated earlier. I think you fail to realize the consequences of a run on the bank.

Your to keen to make your point about Bear being supposedly beaten by the competition. I think you fail at seeing the bigger picture here. In a effort to make your point about a lame t shirt and a lame thread about the lame t shirt.

You seem to miss the fact, that had Bear failed completely it would have taken down the whole financial industry and thrust us into a depression. Like I stated before.

If you don't think that would have happened or fail to see that fact , then you need to study and learn more about the business.

I like you. You're smart.

.....no that was not sarcastic

...neither was that

....seriously :love:

aziankingz
04-05-2008, 07:12 AM
drift freaq, i never disagreed with your statement in my earlier post, i absolutely agreed with it - dont understand why you are taking it as if i am opposing your statement. i was just adding to your previous post and to explain the t shirt; the main reason why they were almost shut down and lost to their competition was their investment strategy/management, which their competition would have overcame on such a situation (LEH showed it the other day, issuing convertible bonds to dilute their stock price, which showed those short sellers off). bear was old school - bank style investments, which did not help them in a crisis, such as this. bear management were not responsive and thought they were too big to fall to speculation, but speculation runs this market. if they were to be ahead of their competition, they would have taken an offer from JPM years and months ago to prevent this or at least change their investment style to not be so over-leveraged.

I agree, the economy would have plummeted, which is why the feds opened their window for IB's to aid in their liquidity issues and lended JPM the funds needed to buy out bear. I also think LEH would need to do the same soon, as well as MER, as this fed window is a short term boost, which this crisis can happen again if either firms do not merge with a major bank..think about it, LEH has about 30 billion in MBS, which can easily bring them down without any support by a major bank.

I made this thread because to me, that t-shirt is irony at its best...if you were to be one step ahead of the competition, this would never have happened, but you are right they did kill themselves(especially schwartz who still does not take responsibility for his mismanagement). sorry if you guys do not agree..i thought since this was an off-topic forum and that the bear stearns crisis was a huge factor in the financial world, this deserved its own thread...but who am i kidding..i;m the asshole with the negative rep...lol

I guess ill go and sell this shirt on ebay for $180..

drift freaq
04-05-2008, 01:03 PM
drift freaq, i never disagreed with your statement in my earlier post, i absolutely agreed with it - dont understand why you are taking it as if i am opposing your statement. i was just adding to your previous post and to explain the t shirt; the main reason why they were almost shut down and lost to their competition was their investment strategy/management, which their competition would have overcame on such a situation (LEH showed it the other day, issuing convertible bonds to dilute their stock price, which showed those short sellers off). bear was old school - bank style investments, which did not help them in a crisis, such as this. bear management were not responsive and thought they were too big to fall to speculation, but speculation runs this market. if they were to be ahead of their competition, they would have taken an offer from JPM years and months ago to prevent this or at least change their investment style to not be so over-leveraged.

I agree, the economy would have plummeted, which is why the feds opened their window for IB's to aid in their liquidity issues and lended JPM the funds needed to buy out bear. I also think LEH would need to do the same soon, as well as MER, as this fed window is a short term boost, which this crisis can happen again if either firms do not merge with a major bank..think about it, LEH has about 30 billion in MBS, which can easily bring them down without any support by a major bank.

I made this thread because to me, that t-shirt is irony at its best...if you were to be one step ahead of the competition, this would never have happened, but you are right they did kill themselves(especially schwartz who still does not take responsibility for his mismanagement). sorry if you guys do not agree..i thought since this was an off-topic forum and that the bear stearns crisis was a huge factor in the financial world, this deserved its own thread...but who am i kidding..i;m the asshole with the negative rep...lol

I guess ill go and sell this shirt on ebay for $180..

LOL ok, Excuse me for sensing that your post was a discourse to my post. Though yes a lot of people here do not see any reason for your post. Its mainly because quite a few do not follow markets and investments and whatnot.

I don't want to say it goes over their heads though it does. It does not go over their heads for lack of intelligence but rather for just plain lack of interest. There is more interest in Politics here than investment and economical. The extent of the economical interest mainly relates to the Political side and Politicians.
With that said a lot of these guys have no idea who Bear Stearns is or do they care. Should they know? Should they care? Well maybe, but thats the way it is.
Again this is a car forum, and a car forum interested mainly around sports cars and motorsports. Therefor a lot of the people look at your original post and go WTF, useless thread.

The only thing that has made the thread more relevant is us debating and outlining the background of it and thereby letting them know who Bear Stearns is and what effects it has on our overall lives.

Its been good now watch some of your red squares go bye bye. :D

Phlip
04-05-2008, 10:13 PM
I prefer BETTER irony... See, check this out:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=63401
and
http://www.zilvia.net/f/member.php?u=65420

Both names have the same birthdate, same join date, same location and same car. Coincidence, right?
Wrong.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3686/ipmatchvr4.jpg
THAT IS IRONIC!!!
Unless you're rooming with your twin brother and you HAPPEN to have purchased the same year and model car, and ONE of you happens to be a major douche missile, one of you (you, specifically) has some explaining to do.
It's 12:13am on Sunday, I think that "when I get to work Monday" is fair enough for a working explanation to keep me from banning both names.

aziankingz
04-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Never Heard Of Fucking Twins Have You?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/chrisy783/DSC01207.jpg

Ravinaziankid is the one on the far right, with the black ribbed sweater, and Aziankingz is the one that looks like ravinaziankid, but with glasses and black sweatshirt.

Now, what do you have to say? Feel silly now? And I have no idea what we did to get banned..other than you love your admin power?

Phlip
04-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Copy/paste of my response to your PM:
See, what we have here is YOU, who has apparently behaved in a manner that has earned you a load of negative reputation. Then there is your alleged twin who has not, and is apparently +repping members who have spoken positively to you, not to mention joining on the same date and same car as well, there goes that irony again, huh? We have a stance of not allowing members more than one name as a means of getting around things like the fact that they look REALLY bad with a row of red squares under their name, which of course makes one look bad to a potential seller or buyer... Registering a new name as a means of getting around that is an instant ban, you would not be the first or the last. Of course I have heard of twins, seeing as how I am also one, but what do I know? I would also thank you to check your tone, I don't see WHERE I cursed you in my response.
Yes, I have AIM, but there is a reason that it is not openly listed on my profile and the nature of your response in that thread is precisely that reason.
I asked you for an explanation, as we would ANYONE with matching IP addresses for multiple screen names when one of them has a mounting collection of red squares.

SW20Racer
04-06-2008, 09:54 AM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.runthenorthshore.com/site_assets/www.runthenorthshore.com/images/dynamic/Iron%2520Knee%2520with%2520Lens%2520Flare.GIF&imgrefurl=http://www.runthenorthshore.com/qs/page/5508/3696/-1&h=234&w=1072&sz=94&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=iio5Q3ZP4ncmUM:&tbnh=33&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Diron%2Bknee%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls% 3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7DELA%26sa%3DN

haha! double entendre!

phil ken sebben style

aziankingz
04-06-2008, 10:08 AM
dude, my bro made that name a while back, it wasnt just made to + rep..stop trying to justify your abusiveness..and if you can see..he actually posts also..why would i post with 2 names? does that make any sense?

KA24DESOneThree
04-06-2008, 10:20 AM
There have been plenty of members who have posted with two (or more) names because they've been total assholes.

Every time someone tries to take on the mods, they get burned... and the mods are right to burn them 99% of the time.

Let it go or face the consequences. This will not turn out well for you if you continue.

aziankingz
04-06-2008, 10:24 AM
this time it is that 1%..i am willing to let it go if he would admit to his faults, which 100% chance he wont.. i shown proof and willing to show even more proof on aim to phlip, but he refuses.. i have pictures of when i was younger with my twin brother..when we graduated highschool, college..and even recently at our home get togethers..what more do i have to prove that he is wrong?

Phlip
04-06-2008, 10:44 AM
There have been plenty of members who have posted with two (or more names) because they've been total assholes.

Every time someone tries to take on the mods, they get burned... and the mods are right to burn them 99% of the time.

Let it go or face the consequences. This will not turn out well for you if you continue.
Thank God for objective third parties.

The highlighted part and the fact that is was brought to my attention by a concerned (non moderator) member is what even brought me into this, especially (as I have explained) given the collection of red down there...
Again, as I explained in my PM, I am NOT going to IM you because you seem to be more interested in challenging whether I am abusing my power instead of keeping douchebags off of the forum than you seem to be in absolving your name.
Again, I asked for an explanation, based on the improbability of you (again, like myself) being a twin, and you decided to curse me... That earned you MORE red squares. You gave an explanation and I care not to speak to you about this any further.
Just let it go.

aziankingz
04-11-2008, 10:12 AM
hey phlip..what happened to letting it go? i let it go, but somehow you think again, with your mod power you can negative rep me for no reason? you negative rep me for my username..then negative rep me for my grammar..grow up man..let things go..stop taking it personally bc you were wrong this time..

jackjack
04-11-2008, 10:17 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

DUFFM4N
04-11-2008, 10:33 AM
hey phlip..what happened to letting it go? i let it go, but somehow you think again, with your mod power you can negative rep me for no reason? you negative rep me for my username..then negative rep me for my grammar..grow up man..let things go..stop taking it personally bc you were wrong this time..

and you post again bitching about it 5 days AFTER the issue was dropped? :loco:

now you're just asking for it, some people are just plain stupid, and guess who's one of them...

...you guessed it, YOU

aziankingz
04-11-2008, 11:03 AM
WTF i thought it was dropped..read my fucking post buddy..i said I dropped the issue and let it go, but PHLIP goes around negative repping me for stupid reasons..

why do you keep negative repping me? are you upset bc im a twin too? or am i correct about you being power hungry or is it because i proved you wrong on the other thread?

I believe that the reason that I negative repped you is clearly stated in my comment left with the rep.
If you assume that you are personally important enough for me to follow you around and -rep you, then I invite you to get over yourself. Either way, I would thank you to do so without taking any more of my time.

Phlip
04-11-2008, 11:07 AM
You know what?
You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
Yes, I did negative rep you today, ONCE today. It is apparent which one it was because it took over 750 points from you. The scripting of this forum dictates that I can only rep one post one time and that I can only rep one user every so often without having repped a certain number of users in between... These rules apply to EVERY user. What that means is that you're giving me way too much credit here. I have looked, and I can see who left you reputation, and I assure you that ONLY the one advising you that crying about your reputation will likely make the situation worse was from me.
At the end of it all, if you keep taking on negative reputation, then the problem is you, not me.

Dirty Habit
04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Drop the banhammer.

Its not a social republic, its a Triumvirate of tyranny. Go Caesar on some azian ass.

Phlip
04-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Drop the banhammer.

Its not a social republic, its a Triumvirate of tyranny. Go Caesar on some azian ass.
See; if I was, as he seems to want to assume that I am, abusing my power, I would have banned him without question sometime earlier in this thread and closed it. I do have that right, though I choose not to use it. Instead, I offered him the chance to explain himself. Did I mention that I did so after his "twin" had +repped someone in response for him, who as of right now is sitting at -2688? A younger and hotter headed me would have hacked him off, drank a beer and gone to bed with clear conscience.
He, on the other hand, wants to blame me for all that ills him, I am the only person giving him negative reputation in the face of forum script that I have no access to manipulate, he is so important that it is somehow in my mind that I am doing him this grand world disservice to follow him around and neg rep him for things that I really don't care about... It is my fault that cars thousands of miles from me are stolen and broken into, I beat up those cheerleaders in Florida, I caused the wildfires in San Diego, I injected Barry Bonds with Steroids and it was me that was fucking Shaquille O'neal's wife. Global Warming? My fault! Same goes for the subprime crisis and impending recession. War in Iraq? According to him, it is all on me. I am the professional scapegoat in this situation.

aziankingz
04-11-2008, 11:54 AM
you forgot that you are the reason for death in this world too..sorry to not mention that..

Dirty Habit
04-11-2008, 11:59 AM
you forgot that you are the reason for my homosexuality too..sorry to not mention that..

I knew it!!:keke:

aziankingz
04-11-2008, 12:01 PM
lol yeah..so you want to join me in the shower? i'll even do all the work this time..just keep your moaning down..last time you woke the neighbors..

Phlip
04-11-2008, 12:15 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/176/repae7.png

God, I hate MS paint with every fiber of my damned being.

Dirty Habit
04-11-2008, 12:17 PM
lol yeah..so you want to join me in the shower?i'll even do all the work this time..
Um. No thanks.

just keep your moaning down..last time you woke the neighbors..
Sorry. Your mom fucks like a racehorse..:wiggle:

Anyways, your fighting an uphill battle. The little red dots mean not welcome, you or your evil twin.

DUFFM4N
04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
oh man....i SO clicked OK on that screen shot, thinking the window would go away :duh:

Phlip
04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
oh man....i SO clicked OK on that screen shot, thinking the window would go away :duh:

I know my text apparently woke you up this morning, but damn Eddie, are you sure you ever got up and at it all the way?

DUFFM4N
04-11-2008, 12:24 PM
I know my text apparently woke you up this morning, but damn Eddie, are you sure you ever got up and at it all the way?

im gonna have to use "its friday" as an excuse for this one...:keke:

aziankingz
04-11-2008, 01:29 PM
what uphill battle are you talking about dirty habit? do you think your high school mentality really will effect whether i post or visit zilvia or not? and nice "fucked you mother" comeback lol..at least you tried right?

Bobafreak
04-11-2008, 01:39 PM
You can win with Phlip. Its like trying to get to that last level on supermario brothers on nintendo..All those fluckin rooms.....

EDacIouSX
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
you know what i thought was really funny..... phil making a valid point and then saying "unless they're twins" THEN i scroll down a couple of posts and i see pictures of twins.....

LOL!!!

anyway, if you get a lot of red then it's probably justified, twins, triplets, or clones....... unless you are those 3 blonde chicks from playboy who are hot as fiyahhhhhhh then negative rep is not justified. anyway those triplets are so random that im gonna find a picture of them and post it in here to make everyone happy again cause there's not much love in here right now...

http://www.twinsworld.com/quads/images/Dahm_Triplets.jpg

ok so they were a lot hotter when i was.... 12 years old

anyone ever see that old coke? pepsi? commercial where one guy is in the airplane and the other is somewhere else and one person drinks the soda and the other twin can taste the soda and starts moaning in the plane and everyone looks at him weird. wonder if those girls have telepathic senses like that.... wonder how that would be in... well anyway

aziankingz
04-11-2008, 01:45 PM
theyre fucking hot but look like they want to kill the camera man..

if you call getting neg rep for your username and grammar justified lol..

Phlip
04-11-2008, 01:45 PM
What he is saying is that you're dead wrong, THEY know that I am not the one supplying everyone on the forum with red boxes just because I feel they should be made to feel like a jackass.
Futhermore, can you see that, under my name, I have a rep power of 1570, which was about 1562 earlier today? If you actually comprehended what I wrote in the rep thread that I am to think you've read being that you looked into it once on your own and I linked you to it another time, that I would be able to remove 780+ points from you with EACH rep left... Right now, you're at about a -2688, so simple math tells you AGAIN that it was not me who repped you, otherwise you'd be about 1500 deeper than you are, based upon today alone. It is rather unfortunate that you cannot see that screenshot up there for whatever reason.
Believe me, don't believe me, I don't frankly care at this point, but I would thank you to keep my name out of your problems. I tried not to lock this thread the first time, since you seem to think I am "abusing my power," don't make me regret this decision again.

Kn1ves
04-11-2008, 04:37 PM
let me save this thread

http://www.direct-healthcare.com/images/knee10.jpg