PDA

View Full Version : I need help

midnightouge
04-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Ok well i really really wanted to join the army this august but i just found out they wont take me since i dont have my GED or diploma (since i droped out of school 9th grade). I need to know if you guys know a program or anything where i can work on getting my deploma quick. Thanks in advance

WagDatto
04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Dropped out of high school or college?

midnightouge
04-03-2008, 09:45 PM
High school, sorry.

DOOK
04-03-2008, 09:45 PM
army doesn't require a college education so I'm assuming he is talking about high school...

blasting_speed
04-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Go to adult or night school and work your ass off. You should get your GED in about 3 to 4 months if you work real hard. Good luck man.

240love^_^
04-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I know they have an adult school where I'm from.
I did a quick search and found this...

http://bas.berkeley.net/academic.html

Hopefully its in your area if not...I am sure there is an adult school somewhere around you.

Good Luck

MikeisNissan
04-03-2008, 09:51 PM
I dropped out of HS too. I took evening GED classes but a month later I dropped that since they were teaching elementary shit, and a week later I took the GED practice test, and passed the shit out of it, so now I am just waiting for late April to take the GED test.

ESmorz
04-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Ok well i really really wanted to join the army this august but i just found out they wont take me since i dont have my GED or diploma (since i droped out of school). I need to know if you guys know a program or anything where i can work on getting my deploma quick. Thanks in advance

Take the CHSPE test.

midnightouge
04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for you're comments. I know the army has a program to get my GED, but i want to have it before i join so i can go straight to basic training.

raz0rbladez909
04-03-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure the navy will take you if you get a 50 or higher on the asvab i believe.

ayuaddict
04-04-2008, 12:17 AM
i dropped out of high school.

i showed up at the GED test place.

showed two forms of identification.

scheduled an appointment.

took the tests.

passed easily.

GED.

midnightouge
04-04-2008, 12:27 AM
Yea thanks, a friend of mine was just talking to me about that, so i'll try that out.

hustlervibes
04-04-2008, 02:16 AM

took the tests.

passed easily.

GED.

Same here, you can get it done super quick.

fliprayzin240sx
04-04-2008, 03:04 AM
I'm pretty sure the navy will take you if you get a 50 or higher on the asvab i believe.

Yah but DOD policy is a HS graduate or equivalence. You can score 100 on your asvab, but with no HS diploma, nobody will even talk to you.

As far as the Army having course to get your GED...i highly doubt it.

midnightouge
04-04-2008, 09:18 AM
well i found this on the national guard site. http://www.1800goguard.com/education/gedplus.php

Koopa Troopa
04-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Army will take GED diplomas.. There's a waiver for anything if you're qualified and show motivation to do it.

However before you posted this did you seek guidance from a female fronted, JDM ska band?

pbcstylez
04-04-2008, 11:34 AM

took the tests.

passed easily.

GED.

I myself have done this... its easy the GED you can pass after a 9th grade education... i'm sure of it

pbcstylez
04-04-2008, 03:30 PM
good luck young jedi!

driftyour40
04-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I dropped out of HS too. I took evening GED classes but a month later I dropped that since they were teaching elementary shit, and a week later I took the GED practice test, and passed the shit out of it, so now I am just waiting for late April to take the GED test.

yeah they say the practice test is harder then the GED so if you pass that then you will pass the GED.

BustedS13
04-04-2008, 03:44 PM
do you actually need to take the like 4 month course before the GED? or can you just walk in and take it?
if i could go back, i would have taken the GED at 16, then go to community college... by the time my friends were graduating i'd have an associates and be able to do two years at whatever college for my bachelors.. bachelors degree before being able to drink legally would have been awesome.

pbcstylez
04-04-2008, 03:49 PM
do you actually need to take the like 4 month course before the GED? or can you just walk in and take it?
if i could go back, i would have taken the GED at 16, then go to community college... by the time my friends were graduating i'd have an associates and be able to do two years at whatever college for my bachelors.. bachelors degree before being able to drink legally would have been awesome.

This is what I did, i graduated before i was legal to drink... with a BS

I think if you have any common sense you should just walk in and take the test. iirc it only took me 3 hrs

i took my ged when i was 16 i think, finished college at 20, got hired at 20 1-2 yrs ahead of everybdy, it's nice to have money early

scribbles6
04-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Yo Pillo!, there's an adult school like a minute away form my house, my cousin got his GED there, it's super easy i heard and it's close to home, you know that 7eleven by my house, it's like across the street next to that school.

Hope that helps

aziankingz
04-04-2008, 05:02 PM
what are most of your reasons you guys drop out of high school? i never understood why people drop out other than they want to become a gangster or drug dealer..

midnightouge
04-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks Lester, i'll check it out on monday.

ESmorz
04-04-2008, 05:08 PM
what are most of your reasons you guys drop out of high school? i never understood why people drop out other than they want to become a gangster or drug dealer..

If you fall behind in credits and are not retarded it's easy to become discouraged and drop out.

Then, get your GED and go to college. Public High School bureaucratics are not for everyone.

SW20Racer
04-04-2008, 07:16 PM

i dropped out because my teachers sucked. they didnt give two shits about us. did you graduate yourself? your sentence structure needs crutches...

aziankingz
04-04-2008, 08:10 PM
yo.. got meeself a deeplomaah...dat a bedda sentanse sruxure?

MikeisNissan
04-04-2008, 08:50 PM
I dropped out because I got too caught up in pussy, skipping class to fuck. Lost credits; then Mary Jane came in and made everything better. So the combination couldn't be sweeter. I moved on with life, working hard and keeping up with the current events and my IQ. I do not have a Diploma but do have a CNA/GNA Certificate. After I get my GED I am going straight into another Certificate in Medicine.

MikeisNissan
05-20-2008, 02:24 PM
I just got my Diploma in the mail today!! I am so happy.

stiizy
05-20-2008, 03:51 PM
try those online schools you can get one in 60-90 days

just1pepsi
05-21-2008, 05:32 AM
go grab a GED prep book, to make sure you know whats going to be on the test. Based on all the replies, it sounds easy. I can tell you that there isnt much new info in HS after 9th grade, its re-hash of the same ol' crap.. Unless you get into advanced math or something like that.

Originally Posted by aziankingz

There are alot of reasons. (seems pretty obvious) My Cousins dropped out because he had a kid and had no possible way to support him without working full-time. A friend of mine fell behind (credit wise) and lost motivation. Another friend of mine got pregnant, and fell behind, and dropped out. More people than you think probably do not have a HS Diploma.

Not everyone is perfect, people make mistakes, especially when they are kids.

I know a guy that doesnt have a HS disploma -or- a GED and makes 100k/yr legit.
Hard work eventually pays off.
Also, consider this, other than the Military or maybe your first full time job, has your employer ever asked to see your HS diploma?

And in the above, what I'm saying is that people lie about it all the damn time.. they dont (in most cases) ever want to actually see a copy of it.