View Full Version : SR not starting

NismoTak
03-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Ok well, I have searched and searched and came with nothing haha.

For some reason my car will not start.

The car cranks, cranks, and cranks, but does not start. Only way to get it moving is to pop start it. I have changed the starter, because it was making horrific sounds during start-up. I'm thinking it's the ignitor chip, but wouldn't the car not run without it working anyways?!??!

By the way, I am getting spark and I hear the fuel pump working.

The battery is fine and everything seems to be in working form. Any info or suggestions would be cool. Thanks in advance.

devnull
03-27-2008, 12:51 AM
So it runs well when you do get it running?

My first thought is that the ECU isn't getting power during cranking. Check the ground for the ECU. Next most likely suspect is the ignition switch. Make sure ECU power isn't wired to the ACC position on the switch. It should be wired to ON.

NismoTak
03-27-2008, 11:09 AM
So it runs well when you do get it running?

My first thought is that the ECU isn't getting power during cranking. Check the ground for the ECU. Next most likely suspect is the ignition switch. Make sure ECU power isn't wired to the ACC position on the switch. It should be wired to ON.
It runs great when it's running. ECU is getting power. It's an AEM EMS. I thinking along the lines of maybe it being the ignitor or one of the relays.

180sx_Drifter
03-27-2008, 11:18 AM
yes check the relays. my buddies wouldnt start but once we took off one of the relays it worked. faulty relay caused it but ill have to ask which one. i believe its one of the gray ones. ill find out and get back to you. you also said you are getting fuel right? also check your fuses just in case.

NismoTak
03-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Well thanks to everyone who helped out. Found out the problem and quickly solved it. Turns out two loose connectors on the ecu's harness were grounding themselves on the bolt that holds the harness on the ecu. When we installed the AEM EMS, we removed all items not needed. I seperated the wires and taped them up nice and clean. Did all that and it started up perfectly.

Once again, thanks.