PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Datsun 280ZX hardtop Ca. blue plate in Md. $5400 obo

daddsun
03-25-2008, 08:03 PM
1982 Datsun 280ZX hardtop (11/81)

I am the 3rd owner (2nd family) of this 280ZX. Purchased from 2nd owner in December 2005 out of Huntington Beach, Ca. I still have its original Ca. blue plates. Garage kept in South Florida from 12/05 until 12/07. I searched for quite a long time to find this car and I regret that I cannot keep it. Upon purchase I drove it across country from Ca. to Fl. And most recently from Fl. to Md. The car runs great and has many new parts and has never been in an accident.
I purchased the Z with 207,882 miles on it and it now has 212,xxx miles on it. I also have every gas receipt and maintenance log. In the pictures please note that I have scrubbed the entire undercarriage with Castrol Superclean and the only spot of rust is in the driver’s side wheel well and it is minor.
This Z has never been owned or driven by anyone under 30 years old. It has been cared for and maintained by three careful owners. There are no leaks or stumbles and oil pressure is very strong. When fully warm the oil pressure gauge reads at about 45 psi. I would not hesitate to drive this car across country (again).
I also have the following new Nissan parts that go with the car: NISMO stainless steel braided brake hoses and Nissan quarter window surrounds to include the plastic dogleg. The car will be sold with the black mesh wheels (gray 280ZX pic) as the Epsilons have been placed on another car.

Since purchase I have replaced the following:

All vacuum lines under the hood have been replaced with Hose Techniques silicone vacuum hose.
Nissan fuel filter and BMW fuel hoses with new clamps.
Nissan air filter.
NGK spark plugs.
NGK spark plug wires.
Nissan distributor cap and Nissan dist. rotor.
Clutch slave cylinder.
Nissan shift knob.
Nissan radiator cap.
Nissan wiper blades.

The previous owner owned the car since 1989 and within the last four years of his ownership the following items were replaced:

New paint at Mercedes Benz of Huntington Beach
Interior was redone: new seat padding and seat fabric, front and rear carpets, door panels with correct matching burgundy color.
Steering column surround and shift console surround.

Front and rear brake calipers.
Radiator was cleaned and pressure tested.
New radiator and heater hoses.
Water pump.
Fan clutch.
New injectors.
New inner and outer wheel bearings.
Battery
Alternator.
New drive belts.
Driver’s side power window motor.
Headlight switch.
Transmission was overhauled with new Nissan bearings and synchronizers.
Transmission and differential gear oil replaced.
Clutch master cylinder.
Clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, rear, main seal, front transmission seal, front transmission gasket.
AM/FM cassette radio was removed and rebuilt.
New fuel pump.
Ignition lock assembly.
Ignition module.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/daddsun/1982%20Datsun%20280ZX%201181%20hardtop%20HBCa/DSCN2808.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/daddsun/1982%20Datsun%20280ZX%201181%20hardtop%20HBCa/DSCN0021.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb203/daddsun/1982%20Datsun%20280ZX%201181%20hardtop%20HBCa/72ec.jpg

Taylor_knight
03-25-2008, 08:37 PM
nice, surprised someone hasnt hit this up yet!!!! would look even sexier slammed :D

daddsun
03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
nice, surprised someone hasnt hit this up yet!!!! would look even sexier slammed :D

That was my next move: set of Tokico HP's and Tokico springs like my old gray 81 280ZX. It would be sweet to see her go back to So Cal and get her blue plates back on. I managed to save the original blue plates which were on the car from Jan 1982 through Dec 2005.