PDA

View Full Version : 89 Coupe For Sale SOCAL

gripology
03-21-2008, 02:04 PM
SOLD
I am selling my 89 Coupe.

Frame is straight. There is some body work that needs to be done as any 18 year old car would need.

Single cam motor. Runs okay. 126,870k miles
New re-build 5 speed S14 transmission
Stock clutch
Koni struts with Swift springs
Has A/C but doesn't work (something electrical)
Speedo works sometimes (the sensor at the trans is loose)
HUD works when the speedo works
Comes with Z32 30mm calipers and SS brake lines (not installed)
I think the Cruise works, not sure
Brown interior
No radio or front speakers
One crack in the dash
Driver side power window switch needs replacing
Stock wheels (Advans are NOT included)
Recent oil change and tune up done at Machine Tune
Also forgot to add... new Megan Racing motor and tranny mounts

My plan was to make a track car but the writers strike put me out of work. Put a better motor in it, and you have a drifter!!!

Asking $1200

Call John @ 310/806-1617

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Gripology/IMG_1834.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Gripology/20070905122900.jpg

S13Boosts
03-21-2008, 02:12 PM
fuck this is what i need for my DD!! AHh

whatjohnboy
03-21-2008, 02:33 PM
very nice!!! bout to hit u up!!

sk_8ersteve
03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Holy cow! There are so many good deals out in cali. If I lived close I would be ALL over this. Up here in the midwest, these cars are hard to come by. The ones worth buying anyway...

gripology
03-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Okay. So far there is a good amount of interest and I want anyone interested to know...I don't want anyone to drive out, possibly from far away, and be disappointed.

So, a little more about the car...
The seats are original and as we all know, S13 seats sucked, and so do these. The driver window switch is shot. It works the passenger side, but not the driver side. The paint was done by me in my driveway. It is not perfect, but with a little wet sanding and more paint, it could look nice. I painted over dents, which I intended to fix later. The motor runs okay. And I mean Okay. Don't expect fine tuned. The cams are worn and it idles lumpy. I was planning to swap the front end for a Silvia front, so the front end looks crappy. I didn't see any point in putting sweat into something I was going to toss out. One of the tail lights has a hole in it, the reverse part. The back seats are not original, they are from another S13, but the ones the car came with had some issues...they smelled really bad. The car sat in a field for almost 6 years, I have spent many hours cleaning those 6 years out of the interior. I have replaced all the vacuum lines with silicone. It has a new battery. I am not selling it with the wheels, it comes with stock non-SE wheels that look like they spent 6 years in a field.

First person to hand me cash gets the car.

I don't want to dissuade anyone from buying the car, I just want to be really clear about it. Sorry for being so long winded. Thank you for checking it out. If there are any other questions, feel free to call me 310/806-1617 or PM.

all show no go
03-22-2008, 01:36 PM
nice to see an honest seller and a low price like this, somebody's bound to get this quick.

gripology
03-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Thank you for saying that.

A little update on things...I installed the front brakes today and drove the car around for a while. Ride is really nice, not too hard but not too soft. The front brakes are (if anyone cares about JDM stuff) JDM S13 calipers which are larger than the USDM counterparts and use Z32 26mm rotors. And I was going through stuff, and the the brake lines are NOT for the Z32. But they are steel braided (Agency Power) if you want to install them on the stock calipers. Also, this might sweeten the deal, there are Endless SSS pads (about $180) on the front brakes. I thought i had the old ones, but forgot about the size difference...so score for the new owner, whoever that is.

Here is a pic with the wheels on...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Gripology/03-22-08_1500.jpg
Here is a pic of the tail light with the hole in it...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Gripology/03-22-08_1501.jpg
And here is a pic of the worst of the dents on the car...
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/Gripology/03-22-08_1502.jpg

916S14
03-22-2008, 04:54 PM
will the car make it to sacramento? what do you think?

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
03-22-2008, 04:56 PM
great price for a daily!

glws!

gripology
03-22-2008, 05:20 PM
I don't know if it would make it to Sacto. If you are willing to risk it I'll sell you the car! Honestly though, I don't know. It runs good, shifts good and drives good, but I don't know how confident I would be over the Grapevine Pass. It hasn't overheated in all the times i've driven it, but those hills are brutal.

Sidewayzzz
03-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Willing to meet anywhere? I'm in Vegas and would pick this up off your hands as long as there is nothing else you've left out.

gripology
03-22-2008, 05:56 PM
I've tried not to leave anything out. I'm trying to keep it all above board. It's a small world and I don't want anyone upset because they think I cheated them. Right now I would classify the car as an "around town" car. With a little work, and effort, it could be a real good daily driver. There are some things that are not working on the car and I have tried to be clear about that. I'm selling it cheap because I'm tired of spending money on all the little things and right now, too lazy to go to the junkyard to get the parts to fix them. There are people selling cars on this forum that don't run, or have salvage titles for more than I am asking for a car with a clean title, registered and running. I'm not trying to scam anyone.
Lots of people know me. I used to work at Dori2 Garage before it imploded and that had nothing to do with me. Ross and Frank at Garage Boso know me very well and Ali and Eric at Machine Tune know me very well and did most of the work on the car.

And, no, I am not willing to travel to sell it. Sorry.

whiteytighties
03-22-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't know why this car hasn't sold yet. If I didn't already have my current s12 turbo and s13 fb already I would have taken it off your hands the first day you put it up for sale. Honesty is a plus in my book.

Jrawr
03-23-2008, 12:33 AM
bump.... if you still have this thing for sale within a week ill pick it up cuz i need a DD

joshchewuhh
03-23-2008, 12:48 AM
bump.... if you still have this thing for sale within a week ill pick it up cuz i need a DD

what up nigggah!

im considering it myself!

jayrawr
03-23-2008, 03:25 AM
haha josh thats not me... thats another "jrawr" lol !

bump.. for dope dd

Project P
03-23-2008, 02:37 PM
too bad this car wouldnt make it over the grapvine, id seriously have my brother pick it up and drive it to sacramento..(im currently in iraq)

*after paying of course*

Donesyboy
03-23-2008, 02:41 PM
deng ive jumped on this too late!

still rockin the Advan super IIs?

gripology
03-23-2008, 02:45 PM
too bad this car wouldnt make it over the grapvine, id seriously have my brother pick it up and drive it to sacramento..(im currently in iraq)

*after paying of course*

I didn't say it wouldn't, just that I don't know if it would do it. I would hate for it to get halfway and break down. Like I said, I think its a local driver in its current condition. I'm spoiled 'cause my S14 runs so good.

I might also consider trades. Two things I would like are a Nardi or Personal steering wheel in good condition and an Apexi AFC in working condition (both being less than I'm asking for the car.) My wife will hate that!!! Just tossing that out there. I still have a C-West GT wing for sale if anyone is interested in that as well. John @ 310/806-1617

PS: Thanks for calling, Sidewayzz!!! (sic)

gripology
03-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Car is SOLD!

Thanks for all the bumps! Thank you Zilvia!!!

r0ccsteady
03-23-2008, 08:55 PM
too me!.. lol