PDA

View Full Version : Help Install? Sacramento area...

mc2thet
03-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Hello all,

I just bought a 1995 240sx automatic. The guy who sold it to me told me the starter was going out so he would take off 500...What happens is when you turn the key to turn it over all you hear is one click and that is it. Just one. The lights come on and everything, but not the engine. After a day or so of the car starting when it wanted, I got fed up. I cleaned the battery terminals, that seemed to get more power to the battery. The next morning, the car did the same thing, started when it wanted. I checked to see if my alternator was fine by letting the car run and taking off the positive and the car still ran. I took the car to Kragen to have them check my starter, battery, and alternator and they all were putting out good numbers. I searched this problem around and found that if you have the key in start and switch from park to neutral and the car starts in between then, then it is your NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH. Is that right? This is exactly what I do to turn the car on sometimes...anyway I found the part at kragen and Autozone, but I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience installing one of these? And if so, would anyone be able to help me...If not, could you please guide me to someone who can. I am new to the Sacramento area and any help is appreciated.

Thank you

CrimsonRockett
03-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Because I could actually understand your post, unlike most noobies on here, I would suggest sending a private message to a Moderator and have them move your thread into the Tech section.

You should get your answer there.

Welcome.

mc2thet
03-20-2008, 01:08 AM
I will do that, thank you

theronin
03-20-2008, 01:15 AM
im in sac i may be able to help ya. you got any tools or are we going to have to use mine? from what ive searched seems like all we will really need is a jack and some stands. amiright?

WagDatto
03-20-2008, 02:16 AM
I'm in Fair Oaks. I'd be happy to lend a hand and branch out a bit. Tomorrow, I'm actually going to start replacing the snapped axle shaft on the 510, so maybe we can trade some work, yeah? I have a jack and stands, and a small tool kit if you're lacking in those areas. Let me know!

`Sean
nine1six.5zero5.eight1zero8 Give me a call!