PDA

View Full Version : Boxing: Marquez vs. Pacquiao II

jhec23
03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
For those who love boxing, this is one fight worth watching. The only Mexican boxer Pacquiao hasn't beaten yet. This will be a great brawl.

shade
03-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Watching it with my Filipino friends! Just here for the Filipino food! Lol, jk. I am watching though!:wiggle:

iROYAL
03-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Watching it with my Filipino friends! Just here for the Filipino food! Lol, jk. I am watching though!:wiggle:

LMAO

$100 on Pac Man:x:
http://www.aceonsports.com/Manny_Pacquiao.jpg

TRU_DAH-V
03-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Pacquiao FTW!!!! :bigok:
gotta support the PI

qwikspool
03-15-2008, 05:47 PM
pacquiao ftw.:bigok:

florante rea
03-15-2008, 05:52 PM
i hope paquio get the beat down this time. he's cocky, associate himself with bad ppl.

turbo_duce40
03-15-2008, 05:59 PM
im a beaner so i gotta go for the other beaner... lol... but no really i have like about 150 on marquez so yea he better win lol

HyperTek
03-15-2008, 07:04 PM
what time is the fight?? im mind set on the F1 race

ManoNegra
03-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Considering the first one had a controversial decision, this one should be good. Will be watching it and hopefully it'll end before F1 gets started.

hrdprkin180
03-15-2008, 07:51 PM
All of my FOB friends, and girlfriend are going for Pac Man, but me being of the beaner side I hope Marquez wins. That way I can make fun of the friends, and I get to have ANGRY SEX with the girlfriend.

tattoo131313
03-15-2008, 09:27 PM
My wife's a filipina,gotta go with pac man

fliprayzin240sx
03-15-2008, 09:40 PM
What times the fight? Im still hoping AFN will show the fight here in Japan...

HyperTek
03-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Pacquiao won

12 rounds.. Pacquiao won by decision

shade
03-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I knew it! Pacquiao FTW!!!!

...and Filipino food!
That was good.

Time to pay up guys..

im a beaner so i gotta go for the other beaner... lol... but no really i have like about 150 on marquez so yea he better win lol
You doubted the Pacman, you lose $150.

All of my FOB friends, and girlfriend are going for Pac Man, but me being of the beaner side I hope Marquez wins. That way I can make fun of the friends, and I get to have ANGRY SEX with the girlfriend.
No more angry sex for you! lol.

fUhNk-Uh-DeLiC
03-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I knew it! Pacquiao FTW!!!!

...and Filipino food!

No more angry sex for you! lol.

hahahahaha.... PACMAN ftw

hrdprkin180
03-15-2008, 11:26 PM
fuck man!!!! now I dont get any GOODY GOODY!
http://www.omg.tv/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/641_Screw%20You.jpg
Fuck u pac man for being a cock block!!!

jhec23
03-15-2008, 11:32 PM
That was a good fight. Not enough knock downs but still down the wire. Have to give props for both fighters...

TRU_DAH-V
03-16-2008, 02:29 AM
lol I KNEW IT!!! pacman bringing it home.:fawkd:

qwikspool
03-16-2008, 04:14 AM
pacman ftw. reppin pinoy............

innovation
03-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Marquez clearly won the fight... Pacquiao knows he didn't win. Got to love everyone who goes for the pac-man, even though he didnt do much of anything. He is a one sided fighter, brawler all the way. Can't fight going backwards. Im sad that yet another great mexican fighter was decisioned.

Blurryeyes
03-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Marquez clearly won the fight... Pacquiao knows he didn't win. Got to love everyone who goes for the pac-man, even though he didnt do much of anything. He is a one sided fighter, brawler all the way. Can't fight going backwards. Im sad that yet another great mexican fighter was decisioned.

+1 for that, even pacquiao was surprised at the decision.

usdm180sx
03-17-2008, 12:17 AM

Well, he knocked Marquez down in the 4th. I think that was the deciding factor.

anthony240
03-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Pac IS a brawler, he can take a punch like a beast!
who's next?

Flipzide
03-17-2008, 02:50 AM
Well, he knocked Marquez down in the 4th. I think that was the deciding factor.

Yep. Also, I don't think Marquez didn't do enough to deserve a win. He started backing away from pacman in the later rounds opposed to standing firm in the early rounds.

I was at the fight and most people around us believed Manny and Marquez got another f'n draw.

Although that didn't stop most of us from cheering our asses off and high fiving each other like maniacs. :bigok:

It was a good fight overall though, I was really entertained the whole night.

innovation
03-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Yep. Also, I don't think Marquez didn't do enough to deserve a win. He started backing away from pacman in the later rounds opposed to standing firm in the early rounds.

See the cool thing about Mexican fighters and any BOXER is that they can still be aggressive and backup. When Manny would do his lunges Marquez quickly counter punched. That is what separates the two fighters. Marquez can fight in any situation, as where Pacman is very linear and a one sided fighter. COUNTER-PUNCHING it's part of the boxing game

In regards to the knockdown, yes he did get knocked down. But that doesnt change the fact of the scoring or of the whole fight

"We pressed him and we hurt him three or four times,'' Marquez said. "It's just like before, it's the whole fight not just one round."

Scores:
Duane Ford: 115-112 Pacquiao (WTF fight were you watching)
Jerry Roth: 115-112 Marquez (Good call)
Tom Miller: 114-113 Draw (Best scoring hands down)

Flipzide
03-17-2008, 03:08 PM
See the cool thing about Mexican fighters and any BOXER is that they can still be aggressive and backup. When Manny would do his lunges Marquez quickly counter punched. That is what separates the two fighters. Marquez can fight in any situation, as where Pacman is very linear and a one sided fighter. COUNTER-PUNCHING it's part of the boxing game

Well yes, but it was still apparent that he changed his game plan down the stretch and from my own point of view, I did not believe Marquez stayed aggressive. Fortunately, we have our own perspectives which makes boxing interesting :).

As for pacman, nobody denies he lacks some skills, but Marquez WAS counter punched as well. It is also obvious that his skills has improved, but also resorted to his predictable right jab and big left like in the previous.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/natas206/almostkd.gif

It was a close match and a good one, but Pacquiao won. Even though I admit I was slightly let down by his performance.

Btw, here's a lot of pics from the fight.

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=95294&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Good stuff :).

cisco240
03-17-2008, 03:53 PM
That was a good fight. Pacquiao can take some hits. Even though Marquez landed more, his fall was prolly the deciding factor in him losing IMO.

cisco240
03-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Shoulda been a draw

BOROSUN
03-17-2008, 04:12 PM
we all know pacman lacks some of the combo/defensive boxing skills but, he pacs power/speed. also great heart and durability.

if you get aggressive with a fighter like pacman. you will get knockdown. face the facts knockdowns are high scoring deciding points.

fact is pacman never been knock down by marquez in both fights but pacman has knocked marquez down 4 times. pacman should have won that first fight with that scoring error to a draw.

and also pacman is not a brawler!!!
he is a boxer-puncher & in-fighter. ei: like mike tyson.

the score was 114-113/115-112 for pacman 115-112 for marquez. notice the split dec. both fought great.

ManoNegra
03-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Good fight, came down to the knockdown imo. Marquez is the better boxer but Pacquiao violent flashes are too much to handle for him. Hope Pacquiao improves himself as a boxer because the day will come when strenght and reflexes will start to slow down. Think a draw would have been a more just outcome to this one.

Silvia_S13
03-18-2008, 11:12 AM
it was an awesome fight. lol @ anyone who bet on marquez lol.

but then again, i know a lot of people who laid money on pac man for the knock out. so they lost too lol.

i jus watched it for the sport. and what a fight it was