PDA

View Full Version : -:- Allergies! how the hell do I make it go away!

widegts
03-10-2008, 05:18 PM
OK so the past 3weeks, I wake up to..

- red eyes
- eyes hurt
- minor coughing
- that white shit on my eyes that make it stick together (yuck!)

anyways, its really affecting my performance at school, and everyday task like work.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? (IM SERIOUS..! I want to get my school, work, all situated and when it started to get on track, my body is getting retarded haha)

---
what do you drink?
what should i do?
what shouldnt i take?
etc..

I know there are alot of people here who are well educated, since im not haha about everyday stuff, so figured to ask..

LB.Motoring
03-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Did you get my PM?

I also called you /both #'s no pickup.

If its bad you could allways try Immunotherapy.

Other info. Overcounter shiz.,

Claritin has been recently made available over-the-counter, but some of the nonsedating antihistamines require a prescription. In general, if these newer antihistamines do not work well for a patient, doctors will then resort to the original, first generation antihistamines.

The newer, second generation antihistamines include:

• zyrtec (cetirizine)

• allegra (fexofenadine)

• clarinex (desloratadine)

• claritin (loratadine)

eye allergy relief

Whether you have a seasonal eye allergy or perennial eye allergy, you may be seeking a medicine to help with symptoms such as: redness, tearing, itching, burning, or mucous production. There are over the counter and prescription eye drops available.

Over the counter eye drops are sold in the form of tear substitutes which can wash allergens out of the eyes, decongestants (vasoconstrictors) reduce redness, and antihistamines help to reduce itching.

Prescription eye drops are available as:

• Antihistamines – minimize the itching, redness, and swelling

• NSAIDS – Nonsteroid anti-inflammatory drops with mast cell stabilizer effect

• Corticosteroids - Drops that treat chronic symptoms like itching and swelling

• Mast cell stabilizers – Drops that prevent the release of histamine

dirtdiggler666
03-10-2008, 05:29 PM
its hard to say everyone is different

try just benedryl week stuff first if that dose not work

then try claraiton d this stuff cracks me out but works wonders

after taking the pills sleep if you can for some reasion it seems to work better

btw i have had really bad allergies for about 10 years now
i get shots its that bad

BustedS13
03-10-2008, 05:51 PM
eat a shitload of sine off
problem solved

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/31/41/de/23629760-177x150-0-0.jpg

lil240sx95
03-10-2008, 05:53 PM
water. lots of it.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
03-10-2008, 05:55 PM
over the counter zyrtec or claritin should be fine. if not strong enough go see your dr. and get something stronger.

markyboi
03-10-2008, 06:03 PM
i get an allergy shot once a year from my physician. It works well even in the valley

jackjack
03-10-2008, 06:23 PM
i use to take claritin. worked GREAT for me. i dont get/have allergies anymore. when i first got them though........ man....... it was BAD.

flip3d
03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
claritin or zyrtec ftw.

if you have health insurance i suggest you go to the doctor and get that allergy test where they stick you with like 1000 things to see what you're allergic to.

oh... i had a bunch of sample allegra Ds... do not take those. they do clear up your sinuses and make your mucus stop flowing but it just stays in your head until it wears off. sinus pressure hurts like a bitch so yeah... claritin woo!

gosu22
03-10-2008, 11:15 PM
you can take shots in addition to nasal sprays and pills

bo2o
03-10-2008, 11:21 PM
if its mostly in your nose that you can get in your nose and it will stop.

theres nutting you can do about alergies unless you take meds.
that shit sucks ass if your sanding a car in the heat and your nose is killing you. what i do if i dont have meds out at work i juss stuff my nose with napkins and wear a face mask.

take a grip of drugs find wout what works best.

all the highend ddrugs make me all woozy.
theres this one i like from kaser that you get for free call vallyhist. doesnt make your tired or anything. take that for a week 2 times a day you should b good for awhile.

WilloW
03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
I've got wicked allergies. Everything from red itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing, to itchy skin rashes. In the beginning I tried to ignore it and suffered through it all, until the runny nose eventually lead to a sinus infection and then all sort of other shit.

Go to the doctor, and let them help you find an antihistamine that works for you. Trust me, it will make your life a whole lot more pleasant around spring time.

imnotmatt1189
03-11-2008, 12:10 AM
holy shit and i thought my allergies were bad. i just take claritin everyday.

DataXUnknown
03-11-2008, 12:55 AM
dude you guys have no idea what its like to have allergies and severe asthma. after allergies start to relieve themselves, then asthma follows at its worst right after. im havin some asthma problems right now -_-

for my allergies i use a lot of the time claritin D but if that doesn't work then nothing will and u jus gotta wait that shit out. Somtimes a pill called Mucinex works but i think thats perscription. shits crazy hope you feel better man lol

kingkilburn
03-11-2008, 01:35 AM
I take Zyrtec personally.
It sounds like you have an infection to me. Have you tried flushing your eyes out before and after bed? It works great for me.

pirate_texxx
03-11-2008, 07:32 AM
try meth or shooting oxycontin, thats what works for me:hyper:

ESone3
03-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Allegra D prescribe by my doctor and flownase for those really bad days. I have then really bad every year and these have done the trick. I may used them once a week during high pollen season

kingkilburn
03-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Do you really need the sudafed in the Allegra?

vvtisupra
03-11-2008, 10:51 AM
I heard natural honey can help build immunity to allergies

steve shadows
03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Guranna extract will kill it.

KA-T_240
03-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I have had hardcore hay-fever, and allergies to alot of animals since I was little(non-stop sneezing, bloody noses from all the sneezing, red/dry eyes, hard time sleeping, headaches.....). It sucked liking on a farm. I had prescription pills, and sprays. I stopped taking them and now take an over the counter stuff from sams club. Works better then anything else I have had.

I never tried the shots. Maybe I should do that this year and give it a try.

Going to the Doctor and getting tested for what you are allergic to is a good start, then you can attempt to avoid those things. However, I have never had coughing due to allergies.

widegts
03-11-2008, 12:30 PM
thanks for the replies, I havent read them yet, since i just woke up, i tried to sleep and ended up sleeping the whole yesturday. Woke up today pretty ok, but my right eye is still hurtin and swollen...

im going to read the replies and try out the suggestions if i can...
thanks!!!

usdm180sx
03-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Claritin D 24 hour works well for me and I have allergies BAD

S14DB
03-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Claritin D 24 hour works well for me and I have allergies BAD

Yeah go behind the counter and get the D... :keke:

It has sudafed in it. Clear you out and block the shit.

JDMB0iKT
03-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Allegra D prescribe by my doctor and flownase for those really bad days. I have then really bad every year and these have done the trick. I may used them once a week during high pollen season

Flownase is exactly what my doctor prescribed me today. Seems to be working great.

azndoc
03-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Flonase, claritin, and zyrtec is what I used to use. I don't really get allergies anymore. Not severe at least. I just man the fuck up now.

mRclARK1
03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
I used to have allergies when I was a kid. Now, I might sneeze and get a runny nose for a couple days in the spring. I can't imagine how some people even go outside with how bad they get... it's nasty.

Claritin, and tylenol along with lots of water always worked for me when I still had them... made them liveable till summer settled in and they calmed down on there own.

lilskyline240
03-12-2008, 01:54 AM
allergies kick my ass all the time too! it sucks! nothing worse than tryin to work on a car and all ur doin is sneezing and have itchy eyes.

normally i take claritin, or my prescription Allegra. but for reallllly bad times i got Prednizone

widegts
03-12-2008, 02:14 AM
ya, SLEEP IS WHAT I DID, TOOK SOME CLARITIN.... FEELING A LOT BETTER

THANKS!!!!!!!! I bet this thread was a bit helpful for some in cali... alot of people in cali was gettn sick lately

tougemaster
03-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Eat alot of fruit, and get alot of sleep!!!

also, use some medician at the same time to help it go away faster

I had them same problem, i getting dark circle and red eye

KA-T_240
03-15-2008, 07:51 PM
For eyes, I drops helped alot. I still say, if you have good insurance, to go to a doctor and get tested for allergies to different things. That way you can learn to avoid them.

nevaland9
03-17-2008, 01:23 AM
ive been popping pills all week with the same exact symptoms not going away & a few of my boys came down for spring break so the past 2 nites ive been out plastered, coming home passing out and waking up even sicker..fuck me

im drinking orange juice and trying to finish a paper i was supposed to do last week as we speak, my life sucks.

drift freaq
03-17-2008, 01:28 AM
when it gets really bad I still rely on good old chlor trimiton. Its makes you a touch drousy but coffee can take care of that.

SC_S13
03-17-2008, 02:59 AM
this might sound gay, but try using a netti pot. it looks like a teapot, but u fill it with warm water and a special saline powder. plug it into one nostril, tilt your head sidewards, and let it drain through your nostrils. I hated on it until i tried it, worked WONDERS.
I'm pretty allergic to cats, and had a pretty bad attack at my friends house, she just got a new kitten. She didn't have any allergy medicine and suggested using her netti pot. My sinuses cleared, my eyes stopped itching and i could actually breath. try it out! I think you can find them at a local riteaid or longs drugs.

usdm180sx
03-17-2008, 08:44 AM
I just tried mucinex dm and that shiet really works well too

widegts
03-17-2008, 05:36 PM
man, right now my eyes are blurry, they arent so bad anymore as for like EYE BOOGERS MAKING MY EYES STICK TOGETHER WHENEVER I SLEEP! but its always red and my vision is blurry until i put eye drops or yawn..haha

dude this is making painting so much hard... IM NEVER PAINTING WITHOUT A MASK AGAIN!!! -=O) hehehe

03-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I take allegra 180 mg and have gotten shots for 2 years since i have a tree pollen issues. The pills help some but with the shots i have had no problems.

Go see a doctor if you can afford it.

widegts
03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
thanks again for the advice, this really helped because it made me think on how to handle it next time, or how to prevent it next time