PDA

View Full Version : SGV/626 Alignment shop.

Sonic Motor
03-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Ok, ive been to many alignment places around the area. Most of the places have shitty machines or ignorant workers.

I have had good experience with these 2 places:

Bear wheel Alignment in Monterey Park,
These guys are OLD SCHOOL. they dont use machines, they measure with with rulers and tape. From what I know about alignments, no matter how good you are with a ruler and tape, you cant beat the machine, even if the guy on the machine is a newb. Other than that, they are great for Frame alignment, and eye balling camber and other misc undercarriage work.

the 2nd place,
JC AUTOHOUSE, recommended by ASPEC LOGAN
Cyrus, the owner i think, uses an older alignment machine.
Its not the typical photographic machine used at commercial tire stores like JUST TIRES or Discount tires and so on.

But it works just as well. Im sure.
Ive been goign to Cyrus' place for a long time. and he seems like a good person who does decent work. But I have a few problems with him. He always adjust toe in the front first, and the rears last. From what I learned from my suspension class at PCC (which I got an A in ;)), you are suppose to do the rear first, and fronts last.

Also, he has a problem with justing my caster. He never wants to do it. My car always pulls a little bit after getting an alignment. Ive spent almost 700 dollars at JC for just alignment alone. I am not very happy with the results.

At my march Drift/grip events at Horse Thief Mile in willow springs, my steering felt funny. I had a hard time doing grip. Definitely alignment related.

Dont get me wrong, a lot of audi, lexus, evo owners all go to his shop. He must be doing something right. But its not working out for me.

I will go back to Cyrus to recheck my alignment, but I dont think I will go back for more.

Does anyone have recommendations for other alignment shops in the SGV(alhambra, arcadia, rosemead, san gabriel, el monte, temple city, san marino, pasadena, baldwin park) area?

vutony
03-05-2008, 08:14 PM
everyone seem to worship west end and hiro (which i might check out soon)

i went to jc a few months ago
the best caster he can do on my car was 7.8 (driver) and 6.2 (passenger)

Sonic Motor
03-05-2008, 11:12 PM
everyone seem to worship west end and hiro (which i might check out soon)

i went to jc a few months ago
the best caster he can do on my car was 7.8 (driver) and 6.2 (passenger)

those places are far from me...theres probably 100 alignment machines in this area. There must be someone with a good one that can DO IT RIGHT.

I had to beg cyrus to adjust my caster haha..

vutony
03-06-2008, 01:49 AM
who cares? jdm food at mitsuwa while you wait

adrians_s13
03-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Yeah, everyone tells me about Hiros. There also another shop in Torrance my buddy told me about, West End ALignment, or something like that... Also, Drift SPeed in GG does alignments for like $80 I think..

Sonic Motor
03-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Yeah, everyone tells me about Hiros. There also another shop in Torrance my buddy told me about, West End ALignment, or something like that... Also, Drift SPeed in GG does alignments for like $80 I think..

i was going to take it to Drift Speed or G Dimension...but then I realize its so far...and time is money.

Maybe I should open a shop and do only alignments haha...

gripstr
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
anyone tried m-works?

eulalia
03-07-2008, 12:24 AM
what about this

is this to far?

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=177975&highlight=alignment

SUPERSTAR
03-07-2008, 12:42 AM
We can do it, but in order to get a proper alignment? You must have the proper aftermarket adjustment parts for a lowered car. If not, then you are very limited to adjustments if any. You will max out adjustments and really not do much to car. Our alignment rack is high so you must remove front bumper IF it's that low.
Proper alignment (with adjustment parts) will cost you 80.00 and take upto 1 1/2hours depending on how much adjustments you want or need.

Touke John brings his and it's super low, but has all the toe arms, camber arms,ect. So it's quick but he ask for his specific specs and it takes longer. Like the day of BBQ almost 2hours..:-/

But yeah, we can do it.

Sonic Motor
03-07-2008, 12:49 AM
anyone tried m-works?

Where is that? ANywhere close in the 626 area??

We can do it, but in order to get a proper alignment? You must have the proper aftermarket adjustment parts for a lowered car. If not, then you are very limited to adjustments if any. You will max out adjustments and really not do much to car. Our alignment rack is high so you must remove front bumper IF it's that low.
Proper alignment (with adjustment parts) will cost you 80.00 and take upto 1 1/2hours depending on how much adjustments you want or need.

Touke John brings his and it's super low, but has all the toe arms, camber arms,ect. So it's quick but he ask for his specific specs and it takes longer. Like the day of BBQ almost 2hours..:-/

But yeah, we can do it.

dude you know I would go there...but
its all the way at long beach, its cop infested.
My car will not last more than 2 mins on local.

My car is a cop magnet...I cant go too far from home hahah, except to the track of course.

SUPERSTAR
03-07-2008, 12:55 AM
I know a few cops :goyou: If you exit 710 on Anaheim st? just look straight and smile....lol. They are not that bad, just let them know you are coming to DTC and you know that they get serviced there. So don't give you a ticket or you will Tell Ernie (me) not to hook them up anymore. :fruit:

EDacIouSX
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
i was going to take it to Drift Speed or G Dimension...but then I realize its so far...and time is money.

Maybe I should open a shop and do only alignments haha...

yea i went to drift speed, they did a good job. took 2 hours to get my car aligned, it was pretty jacked up from swapping tons of parts on. but also my car started pulling to the right though I think this isn't necesarrily related to the person working on my car, i have a feeling it's related to worn bushings or something else.... can't figure it out. i've always had this problem no matter how many alignments i get

Aoshi112
03-08-2008, 02:01 AM
how much did driftspeed charge?

DUFFM4N
03-08-2008, 02:05 AM
Bear Frame and Wheel on Arrow hwy and Glendora Mountain Rd. just east of Grand...my buddy gets his race car aligned there all the time...good work