PDA

View Full Version : Question about registration...

kafanylovesme
03-03-2008, 12:02 AM
I was reading right now that in order to register a car outside of California in California, it must go through an inspection. My question is, what exactly do they inspect? I'm not too sure as to what they inspect, but I was wondering because I'm considering purchasing a vehicle from out of state and I'm not sure if they check the engine bay in that inspection so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

azndoc
03-03-2008, 12:06 AM
When I brought my car here from washington state here. I had to bring my car down to DMV for a visual inspection.

This lady had just got done arguing with the guy in front of me and I thought I was fucked.

She asked me to pop my hood. Looked around and signed off on it and I was on my way.

Oh and I had SR already.

I don't think they care. They mainly look for the dash vin, door vin, and the engine bay one I believe.

kafanylovesme
03-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Hmmm I should be good then, hopefully. I hope they're not complete dicks now. What if they see that bling bling in the engine bay? haha. Just don't want to end up screwed because of an engine bay.

SDS13COUPE
03-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Like Azndoc stated, all they check are vin I.D. under the hood, the vin stamped in the firewall, the dashboard vin. and your mileage. I just got mine inspected after 2 years of temp. tags when I brought my car back from AZ. They don't care about motors. I got an SR with an FMIC. They didn't care.

kafanylovesme
03-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Alright that's great to hear man! Thanks a lot. I guess I will proceed in buying this car then. Thanks guys!

azndoc
03-03-2008, 01:23 AM
*** Fingers crossed***

kafanylovesme
03-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Haha thanks Jack! I shall know by Thursday.