PDA

View Full Version : License suspended!!!!!???????....SoCal

worangejuice
02-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Hey,
I guess my license is suspended. I got pulled over for my taillight being out. Then almost got my car impounded. Was throw in the squad car and my car was searched thoroughly. fuck. Luckily I stayed cool as ice and they let me drive home and park it. Now I need to get downtown or to the DMV to find out exactly why my license was suspended. I'm pretty sure it was from a fix-it ticket back in July. Got teverything taken care of but not finalized. It's just too much. I need a daily driver or a bmw. Piss me offffff. So I'm not allowed to drive my car anywhere, so I need to figure out how to get it reinstated. It can't be for any of the other reasons for a suspended license. help.

SC_S13
02-29-2008, 01:10 AM
how many points do you have on your record? you have a maximum of 4 allowable, and 5 years after a point was given it's supposed to disappear. Damn that sucks that they put their hands all over you're car, i didn't know that was probable enough cause. Did you get your fix-it ticket signed by the cop who issued it to you after you got everything fixed? And also, was your license already suspended when you got pulled over, or did that incident with the tail light get you the suspension?

Jimmy Up
02-29-2008, 01:14 AM
bro, that sucks- I got caught racing a couple years ago, 2 points on the record, suspended license, arrested and released "on sight", car was going to be impounded for AT LEAST a month but the cop new my aunt so he caught me out of the impound but it sounds like you are going through the same thing for a FIX IT, California Cops need to kick back, sorry to hear that

worangejuice
02-29-2008, 01:14 AM
The officer said my license was suspended as of January of this year. I'm seeing if I can look at my record or pay the fine online. the dmv site was not much help. Yeah, they padded me down checked everything, even inside my wallet. I feel like I ws racially profiled. fuck

adrians_s13
02-29-2008, 01:16 AM
driving points are only taken for moving violations... a tail light out isn't a moving violation. Has to be something else... maybe you forgot to pay a ticket?

luisgonz
02-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Wait, Your not black-So dont pull that card.LOL Look go to dmv and see why it was suspended. I bet it was never filed right. I have gone through that like 3 times. And I got like 6 points But Im getting 3 taken off this year.Yes

SC_S13
02-29-2008, 01:21 AM
definitely call the DMV, the site blows. If you can challenge anything, do it. Sorry to hear about it man, thats wierd that they never notified you. I had 2 points on my record for stupid accidents that weren't my fault (offending car ran, was deemed a single car accident by the gay local CHP cuz he thought i was a ricer racer...) and they sent me a warning letter....twice.

btw, the next time you get a moving violation, challenge it in court, even if you only have a slight chance of winning, and place the actual court date as far away as possible. 80% of the time, the cops wont bother showing up for something they cant remember. just dont make a fuss when you get the ticket, and they wont bother to write down notes.

SlideWell
02-29-2008, 01:29 AM
you call your DOL and they will inform you why. if youve had any court matter be sure to call those particular courts. the DOL and courts set different requirements for suspensions. if anything has happened recently, give the DOL at about 15 days to get it on record. some suspensions dont go into effect for a long long time. Washington State DOL is still working in '06 when i last called them back in november '07. whoever you end up getting on the phone, you need to ask them which fines need to be payed in order to reinstate your license. otherwise you might pay on a fine that really doesnt even count what you are trying to accomplish here.
oh, and most tracks dont require valid drivers license, jus that you be of age ;)

worangejuice
02-29-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm like the supermade kit when I get pulled over, bam! Instant Gentleman! Cause yeah I get pulled over at least 3 times a month, I thought it was another routine pullover, and then this shit happened. I'm always calmm and courteous. They give me the tough guy you're a punk thing, and I 'm always courteous, then they usually tell me to watch that muffler. Basically I think if I get my car painted and a rear view mirror (impossible to find, small item I usually forget about) I will only get pulled over twice a month. I'm gonna call the dmv tomorrow. I'm very much on the borderline of this being worth it. I got mad love for the Silvia I guess.psshhh.

inertiaticism
02-29-2008, 03:19 AM
Same thing happened to me, ended up being a fix-it ticket I did not pay.
Turns out they won't pull your license for a fix it ticket, but they'll sure as fuck do it for 3 missed court dates.
I felt like a badass because I had to ask for rides to the bar and stuff.
"Oh, I need a ride, I can't drive for a while."
"Why, oh, I have a warrant out right now."

My roommate got booked and stuff for the same thing.
NC auto-assigns you a court date when you miss one, even if you forgot about even having the ticket.
So, three months go by, three court dates.

DUFFM4N
02-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey,
I guess my license is suspended. I got pulled over for my taillight being out. Then almost got my car impounded. Was throw in the squad car and my car was searched thoroughly. fuck. Luckily I stayed cool as ice and they let me drive home and park it. Now I need to get downtown or to the DMV to find out exactly why my license was suspended. I'm pretty sure it was from a fix-it ticket back in July. Got teverything taken care of but not finalized. It's just too much. I need a daily driver or a bmw. Piss me offffff. So I'm not allowed to drive my car anywhere, so I need to figure out how to get it reinstated. It can't be for any of the other reasons for a suspended license. help.

go onto the la superior court website

www.lasuperiorcourt.org

there is an option on there where u can insert your drivers license # and it will pull up the most recent unresolved and resolved tickets...findout which ticket it is that needs to be fixed....write down the citation number

go down to the courthouse where the ticket was filed, go to the clerks window, give them ur drivers license, and citation number, let them know that you would like to request to see the judge...its prolly gonna be a few weeks maybe even a month later (depending on how soon they can get u in there)

after telling him/her to give you a court date, let them know u will need an "ABSTRACT" it costs $10 at the courthouse, it will release the suspension on your license temporarily until the court date...however you will still need to take it down to the DMV and pay $55 for the DMV to reinstate the license...the abstract will take 2-3 days for it to clear into the DMV system...so do the court house thing first, then 2-3 days go down to the DMV and pay the $55 reissue fee and your SET (until your court date)

worangejuice
02-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Thanks everybody!!! I'm gonna take the light rail downtown to the courthouse from weho. I called the numbers and just went on the court site. Basically I have to go in to resolve the fix it ticket (goddamm it) It ws back in July for a "loud muffler". I even have it signed off, but never went back to finalize it. Believe me I will not take these things lightly again. For a Fucking Fix-it Ticket!!! So yeah my license got suspended for failure to appear. Being that it's Friday this will indeed drag out into next week. I just hope I can only turn in my paper work and get a small fine. Wish me luck.

blasting_speed
03-01-2008, 11:12 PM
$55 for reinstating your license??? Damn, that sucks.

fromxtor
03-02-2008, 02:28 AM
I have a mint rearview worange $20 shipped obo

SlideWell
03-02-2008, 05:14 AM
$55 for reinstating your license??? Damn, that sucks.

its $160 and more in WA state. you might see even more fees coming...
www.realnightmare.com