PDA

View Full Version : DOOMSDAY Movie

mehsilvia
02-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Anyone else see this trailer yet?

http://www.doomsdayiscoming.com

2008 a microorganism known as the Reaper virus devastates Scottland.

March 14th!

And i was just looking forward to Mad Max 4 coming out, then this creeps up on meh :rawk:

Nothing like hot chicks, tatoos, explosions, car chases, fighting and a virus that turns the world into fucking ZOMBIES!!!! :naughtyd:

jfc3po
02-27-2008, 09:07 PM
yea i saw the trailer....looks interesting

Rhona Mitra's fuckin hot

BustedS13
02-27-2008, 09:46 PM
mad max 4 is happening, but mel gibson won't be in it.

and i wrote a whole paragraph here about how i think the first mad max, and thunderdome, are both shitty retarded movies, and about how this new one is going to be a cash-in piece of shit. unfortunately, i reflected and remembered how many great lines those stupid movies had, and how enjoyable they are. and this new one probably won't be any different. moreover, mel gibson has really tainted his image in my eyes in recent years. so fuck him. i still love road warrior and the lethal weapon movies, but that guy is out of his fucking tree.

on topic though, this movie looks like some bullshit. i'll still see it though

azndoc
02-27-2008, 11:36 PM
It looks okay.

The chick is hot. The movie, don't know.

eastcoastS14
02-28-2008, 12:24 AM
JESUS FUCK....is hollywood capable of turning out one single turd that isnt just a knockoff of another movie...all i could think of when I was watching this was escape from LA....only a shittier scottish version with some elements of resident evil thrown in.

Im convinced hollywood is full of ppl just renting old movies and watching them and then going "hey that movie was awsome....we should do a remake/steal that idea or just run it into the ground...so that we wont actually have to come up with any new ideas but can still get paid."

alindeman1989
02-28-2008, 12:28 AM
The movie doesn't look to bad. I think i will just wait till it comes on dvd.

BustedS13
02-28-2008, 12:58 AM
escape from LA
...which is a godawful sequel of escape from new york (actually it's the same movie, but with more basketball)

ESmorz
02-28-2008, 12:59 AM
The only movie to go to theaters I have ever seen to get a rating of 1 out of 10 on imdb lol.

Looks like pure and utter shit.

180sExy
02-28-2008, 01:58 AM
might go see it.

WERDdabuilder
02-28-2008, 03:21 AM
looks worse than Battlefield Earth.

98s14inaz
02-28-2008, 06:07 AM
looks worse than Battlefield Earth.

That is what I was thinking. Not original.

I didn't know about the Mad Max thing and Mel Gibson turning it down. He's out of his mind.

Antihero983
02-28-2008, 06:22 AM
ok kids ready?

1. take 1 tea spoon of mad max, put into mixing bowl
2. take 1 tea spoon of escape from LA, put into mixing bowl
3. take a pinch of 28 days later (for atmosphere) and put into bowl.

stir.

now cook at 10000000 deg. F for 10 hours.

VOILA! doomsday!

ok who am i kidding, shit looks decent, ill see it.

and mad max 1 did not suck, it just had more story to it than the road warrior (mad max 2)

bloodangels13
02-28-2008, 07:54 AM
its got my attention.... mostly do to this
http://www.people.freenet.de/kwitschi/vv/files/wallpapers/kwiatkowski.rhona_mitra_1024.jpg

Antihero983
02-28-2008, 08:13 AM
the snake? :keke:

Team Aero-K
02-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EvilRB
02-28-2008, 08:20 AM
the snake? :keke:

yeah, it's looking for the butterfly

LoL

exitspeed
02-28-2008, 08:27 AM
What the fuck (I have to write that out)!

I don't like this. The "zombie's" just looked like burn victims, not like the undead.

Anyway, it looks stupid. I won't bother seeing it int eh theaters and I'll probably forget about it by the time it comes on DVD.

jackjack
02-28-2008, 11:00 AM
^my thoughts exactly.

but i think i'll pass on this. i was watching a jackass marathon on mtv the other day, and they showed the trailer for this every other commercial. looks like a mad max knockoff.

muddafakka
02-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Damn this movie is so fucking original. I've never seen anything like it before.

BustedS13
02-28-2008, 01:15 PM
The Warrior of the Wasteland
The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla

eastcoastS14
02-28-2008, 01:43 PM
...which is a godawful sequel of escape from new york (actually it's the same movie, but with more basketball)

yeah ha...couldnt remember which came first .....in general tho these last few years have just beat the zombie movies into the ground....its the same premise for every movie....virus that gets out of control and wipes out civilization and turns the survivors into monsters through mutation....between resident evil, 28days later series, dawn of the dead etc its all the same

muddafakka
02-28-2008, 02:01 PM
yeah ha...couldnt remember which came first .....in general tho these last few years have just beat the zombie movies into the ground....its the same premise for every movie....virus that gets out of control and wipes out civilization and turns the survivors into monsters through mutation....between resident evil, 28days later series, dawn of the dead etc its all the same

They should flip the script and make the zombies/monsters the good guys...trying to kill the normal humans who turned them into what they are. :aw:

mehsilvia
02-28-2008, 02:11 PM

And i found each film to be entertaining.

Im not exactly sure how "original" anyone can be with zombies and infection. Its ALL been done. Though i do think Cloverfield & I AM LEGEND were a fresh stab at something different in this genre.

This film will probably be as entertaining as the rest of the films metioned above.

exitspeed
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
And i found each film to be entertaining.

Im not exactly sure how "original" anyone can be with zombies and infection. Its ALL been done. Though i do think Cloverfield & I AM LEGEND were a fresh stab at something different in this genre.

Same here. I love the zombie movies. The ones that shine IMO are the ones that develop that characters well.

02-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Looks pretty good.

I loooooooooooooooove Rhona Mitra.