PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Thought/Help Guys!

jkjunior
02-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Ok, so long story short, my s14 needs a new lower core support. I ordered a BRAND NEW one last week and it was scheduled to be delivered today. So i get home from work around 7pm, here to come find my lower core support sitting on my pack porch in the snow bare (no wrapping or plastic or let alone not even in a box, just had a ups label stuck to it. So i brought it in and was like well if its not damaged then ill be cool with it..well here to find out, the top piece is bent, theres scratchs and deep gashes all over it. Remember i did pay a dealer price for this item to be BRAND NEW shipped to my house. I coulda got a piece out of a junk yard if i wanted something like this. what do you guys think? Call dealer and complain, get a refund for my shipping? etc etc..any input would be sweet!! Thanks guys!!

:aw: :aw: :aw: :aw:

Xandy Boosts
02-27-2008, 09:10 PM
whoa from a dealer? I'd call and complain and get my money back or a new one.

WagDatto
02-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Call and bitch. As an ex-shipping manager for a fair sized company, anything valuable or easilly damaged (sheet metal!!!!) was insured through the shipping company. Call and bitch, they'll call up UPS and demand their insurance (UPS is VERY easy to deal with and get money back from!!), and you'll get a new part sent out to you, possibly with a call tag to have the old one picked up from you.

Call them, they should know better!

DUFFM4N
02-27-2008, 11:24 PM
^^yup more then likely thats what will happen, sure ull wait again for a new one, but at least ull get what u paid for and not some janky shit like that....not even in a box? fuck that

what dealership? so other people know not to deal with them because of bad shipping methods

WagDatto
02-28-2008, 02:37 AM
Keep in mind, too, before you play a blame game on the company you bought it from (this has happened to me before): They could have sent it in a box, packaged nice and neatly, and UPS ruined the box because that's what shipping companies do, and they slapped the sticker on the part, chucked the box and delivered it.

I've had boxes opened, parts removed, boxes taped back up, then delivered before (Fuck DHL!). It might very well have been "Fucked in Transit" or FIT, as I like to call it.

blasting_speed
02-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Call the dealer where you got it. Tell them they need to fix this problem. Even if it was UPS that screwed up the box they are responsible for packaging it in a way that the contents will not get damaged.

jackjack
02-28-2008, 10:30 AM
give em hell. either a new part or refund.