PDA

View Full Version : GT3 vs. M3 vs. GT-R

TurDz
02-26-2008, 05:26 PM
I haven't enjoyed a review like this in a long time:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/25/video-nissan-gt-r-vs-bmw-m3-vs-porsche-911-gt3/

Edit: Did you hear how nice the in-car audio is? hope GT5 sounds like that :)

lucky7
02-26-2008, 05:51 PM
that is quite good. i am a bit dissapointed at the M3's performance though. SMG with launch control would make for much better results in the 2nd part of the test. and i think the new E92 is without an LSD from the factory.

Howard92884
02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Someone please describe the video I can't watch it!

veilside180sx
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
0-60 GT-R wins
0-100 GT-R wins

Track Times
104.4 911 GT3
107. something
104.00 GT-R

That pretty much sums it up

DreamN
02-26-2008, 06:07 PM
0-60 3.8 GT-R wins
0-100 8.5 GT-R wins

Track Times
104.4 911 GT3
107. something
104.00 GT-R

That pretty much sums it up

Included the 0-60 and 0-100 times.

Great review. I could sense he was trying desperately not to say that the GT-R was a better car than the GT3. Very enjoyable and good news for all Nissan enthusiasts. Now, I just wished I could afford one. lol

mayco_86
02-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Damn the GTR is a bad ass car no doubt about it.

lucky7
02-26-2008, 08:49 PM
i'd still prefer an alpine M3. or shit, that GT3 is baller too. even though the performance is on par. i just, for some reason, cant accept that the GT-R is on the same [performance] level as a GT3. it just doesnt add up in my head. i cant really explain it. maybe some of you guys know what i mean. i mean...yeah...its fast. as fast, if not faster than a GT3. BUT. its not a P car. it wont ever be a P car.

hustlervibes
02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I hate the GT-R, it's too good. Makes me jealous haha

jdm538
02-26-2008, 09:15 PM
he described the gtr as a baby veyron... crazy

jskateborders
02-26-2008, 09:27 PM
The guy says it best "the gtr does everything for you" I dont know about you guys but that isnt what driving is to me. If I dont shift perfect, o well, I want to get better. Perfect shifts everytime would just get boring. GTR no doubt about it is a monster, but to automated for my tastes.

2slow2go
02-26-2008, 10:07 PM
did you guys catch when he said it defies the law of physics LOL

drift freaq
02-26-2008, 11:41 PM
i'd still prefer an alpine M3. or shit, that GT3 is baller too. even though the performance is on par. i just, for some reason, cant accept that the GT-R is on the same [performance] level as a GT3. it just doesnt add up in my head. i cant really explain it. maybe some of you guys know what i mean. i mean...yeah...its fast. as fast, if not faster than a GT3. BUT. its not a P car. it wont ever be a P car.

That is all in your head. Its not a P car its Godzilla. The did not design it be a Porsche they designed it to be better than a Porsche. I like Porsches but I have never felt they were the absolute shznit. In fact until very recently aka the last ten years or so the 911 series was a horrible handling car. It took Porsche 20 some odd years to sort that chassis out. Now if said a 906 or a 917 well then thats a whole other story but of course they were race cars. In the end the GTR wins and rules on all the lower end Super Cars, in fact its lap times would put in Top Gears Hyper Car label area.

Kaizen.
02-27-2008, 12:14 AM
GT3's bad assss! I love that car! My dream car.....Will definately get one b4 25. White one to go!

IStop4NoMan
02-27-2008, 10:43 AM
The GT-R does break the laws of physics. close to 4000 pounds and still kicking ass.

lflkajfj12123
02-27-2008, 02:55 PM
this video makes me want a gt3

kdashy
02-27-2008, 02:59 PM

You've succumbed to branding.

blackrms13
02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
why does the guy keep calling it a skyline, new GT-R has nothing to do with the name skyline anymore

lflkajfj12123
02-27-2008, 03:12 PM
he didn't call it a skyline he said it is the new nissan skyline gt-r which means the gt-r is replacing the skyline

the only reason they can't call it a skyline is because the g35 is labeled as a skyline but they didn't make a gt-r of it

S13_Nightkid
02-27-2008, 03:28 PM
i wouldnt say that. he IS entitled to his own opinion. i thought the M3 would shine... but i was wrong. maybe because im a fan idk.

lucky7
02-27-2008, 04:13 PM

i wouldnt say that. i would say, however, that i have grown accustomed to Porsche kicking everybody's ass. then this car, comes out of nowhere. the thing that gets me even more, is that is not a car from italy or germany this time.

i know way back when, the R33 (i think) gave the 911 turbo a run for its money. but it never really hit home, because ive never seen an R33 before. and had i been the owner of a 911 turbo, i wouldnt have to fret. because i was not going to have a run in with an R33.

what am i saying?? this hits home, because we're going to get the GT-R. we're going to see them on the streets, showrooms. some of us may even own or drive them. they are legal this time around. thats the difference. i think that is what it is for me.

kdashy
02-27-2008, 04:38 PM
i wouldnt say that. i would say, however, that i have grown accustomed to Porsche kicking everybody's ass. then this car, comes out of nowhere. the thing that gets me even more, is that is not a car from italy or germany this time.

I understand what you're saying, Porsche's have the ubiquitous image of sports cars as well as having their benchmark 911, while buying a Nissan can mean just about anything.

Omarius Maximus
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM

You have to keep in mind that it was 2 degrees outside at the time.

A. The GTR is obviously going to benifit from that, no heatsoaking the intercoolers when its so damn cold

B. The GT3 was on basically race tires, which were less than ideal for 2 degree temperatures.

You take both of those cars, take them to willowsprings at 95 degrees and everything will be turned upside down.

1. People don't like racing with FI cars, as they lack the consistency of an NA car. I don't care how fast the GTR is, eventually those intercoolers will heatsoak and the car will pull timing, and it'll get slower

2. The GT3s tires'll actually be warm on a 95 degree day.

Regardless, the GT3 was only .4 seconds slower, even though it had a clear disadvantage in the horsepower department. (GTR is underrated at 480, its actually dynoed that high before to the wheels)

drift freaq
02-27-2008, 05:13 PM
You have to keep in mind that it was 2 degrees outside at the time.

A. The GTR is obviously going to benifit from that, no heatsoaking the intercoolers when its so damn cold

B. The GT3 was on basically race tires, which were less than ideal for 2 degree temperatures.

You take both of those cars, take them to willowsprings at 95 degrees and everything will be turned upside down.

1. People don't like racing with FI cars, as they lack the consistency of an NA car. I don't care how fast the GTR is, eventually those intercoolers will heatsoak and the car will pull timing, and it'll get slower

2. The GT3s tires'll actually be warm on a 95 degree day.

Regardless, the GT3 was only .4 seconds slower, even though it had a clear disadvantage in the horsepower department. (GTR is underrated at 480, its actually dynoed that high before to the wheels)

You know what the GT3 went up against the GTR in Japan as well and got spanked. You Porsche addicts just needed to get over yourselves and your Duetschland fanaticism. You can't accept that a car this good is coming from a company of Racing Heritage that Nissan has? You can't accept the fact though you drive a Nissan. Your a disgrace to being a true Nissan owner if you are embarrassed by your car or cannot except this distinctions. Nissan has been Japans premier sports car company since the 70's. They make more sports or sporty cars overall than any other Japanese Manufacture. Their Racing win Heritage is long a storied. The won IMSA GTP Championsips more than once. IMSA GTU Championships, Trans Am wins in so many catagories you lose count and 3-5 years running in a row at that. (probably before you were born)
They have been to LeMans, They provide engines for Indy Cars, They provide or have provided engines for Formula 2, Formerly Formula Alantic, Formula Renault. JGTC Championships, the list just goes on....
If you did not think Nissan was capable of this then you have not followed previous Skyline GTR's and some of the unprecedented achievements they had already pulled off.
The R32 GTR was not labelled Godzilla for nothing. The R34 should it off as well in droves.
If you just can't get over it then go by a Porsche and join a Porsche forum because your attitude is a disgrace to the Nissan community in general. Oh and the fact that the commentator called the GTR a baby Vereyon pretty much shows even he realizes there are better cars than Porche's.

P.S. I said this earlier and you guys just causally overlooked it. Up until the mid 90's 911's were never known as being the greatest of handling cars. In fact they were considered to be downright diabolical. Now Porsche is a great company that has built many bad ass cars. Though to discount Nissan just because they are Japanese is pretty much a terribly biased opinion and to say nothing is better than a Porsche ?
You guys act like Porsches are gods gift to the automotive world.

steve shadows
02-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Ok so get an IC sprayer big fucking deal

or better yet a nice wet nitrous system

Id say like a 75 wet shot on the R35? yeah that should work, you can even configure it via a new cough* cough* system coming out just for the R35 to kick on an whatever IAT you want it too.

Then come back and talk to me about bullshit hypothetical heat soaking

-so will the Porshe I might add-

The M3 is not even in the same class as the GT3 or the R35GTR , imo.

I liked the E46 M3 a lot better, they should have made an I6 Turbo with wider stance and possibly AWD

but no, BMW came out with a burnout machine-drag racing car for rich High School Kids\

I am not a Porshe fan but I love them as engineering works of art.

I would probably pick up an E46 if I had the money to buy anything just to get around.

The R35 is awesome and is a big middle finger to everyone and a huge marketing boost for Nissan Corp in general 5 STARS imo

PS. Don't forget a lot of the engineering and design and other checks run through Renault as well which is European.

it's like the best of the Germanic Francs of Renault and the Insane Precision of Japanese craftsmanship, what did you expect?

anything less than a AWD low-flyingsaucer? ;)

JRas
02-27-2008, 05:37 PM
I still love the M3

GT3 not a big Porsche fan but no doubt nice car from my memory it is a stripped down 911

quoted from wiki:
"any unnecessary items that would add weight to the car. Sound deadening was almost completely removed, as were the rear seats, stereo system, sunroof, and air conditioning, although automatic air conditioning and CD/radio became no-cost optional add-ons"

GT-R is pretty dam amazing but I don't like the fact that it takes away the skill from drivers. He said in the video all he'd have to do is worry about shifting , which is paddle shifters and the car basically launches itself. I think this is a big reason why the skylines have been banned from some racing leagues

lucky7
02-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Your a disgrace to being a true Nissan owner if you are embarrassed by your car or cannot except this distinctions. Nissan has been Japans premier sports car company since the 70's.

LOL. what makes you a 'true' nissan owner? my name on the title does it for me. if you think an S chassis car was high on my list when i was car shopping, ive got news for you. i just had money burning a hole in my pocket. as far as japanese cars go. i like the way the FD looks, but didnt want to deal with anything relating to a rotary. cross that off the list. Z32?? buddy had one. too expensive to mod. S2k? WRX? i dont want a car payment. couldnt find an M3 in my area under 100k, for what i wanted to pay. so i 'settled'. yup.

am i embarrassed by my car? i went to a euro meet once. and yes, i was.
sure it was faster than most of them. but that's the extent. its a fucking tin can with wheels on the bottom. lol. ill probably end up having subarus as my DD's. then get a real european car for summer/fun.

I liked the E46 M3 a lot better, they should have made an I6 Turbo with wider stance and possibly AWD

that is one thing i hope we NEVER see. thats one thing about the europeans i really really like. they are traditional. the 911 is still rear engined, because the first one was rear engined. not because its better than front or mid. no, its common knowlege. the last thing you want in a car that has to turn, is a heavy rear end. but they didnt change it to make it easier. hell no. they made it better. they made it amazing.

BMW? if they ever make an awd M car, shit will hit the fan. M cars have always been rwd. they have always been naturally aspirated. believe me, they've changed alot of things that purists dislike. but they have done it to stay ahead. the M5/M6, used to have only 6 cylinders. now they have 10. the M3 started out with 4 cylinders. now 8. most people arent impressed with the fact that BMW even makes an awd car. its true.
i prefer this.

but whoever said it above, i agree. the M3 was outclassed, no question. its not quite that type of car.

whatever. it was a decent comparo. its technology at its finest. good or bad? you have to make your own decision i suppose.

HyperTek
02-27-2008, 05:40 PM
the stage6 website is closing.. but had best motoring march 08 on it.. they did the GTR vs GT3 vs 911 turbo vs gallardo vs nsx r

drift freaq
02-27-2008, 05:57 PM
LOL. what makes you a 'true' nissan owner? my name on the title does it for me. if you think an S chassis car was high on my list when i was car shopping, ive got news for you. i just had money burning a hole in my pocket. as far as japanese cars go. i like the way the FD looks, but didnt want to deal with anything relating to a rotary. cross that off the list. Z32?? buddy had one. too expensive to mod. S2k? WRX? i dont want a car payment. couldnt find an M3 in my area under 100k, for what i wanted to pay. so i 'settled'. yup.

sure it was faster than most of them. but that's the extent. its a fucking tin can with wheels on the bottom. lol. ill probably end up having subarus as my DD's. then get a real european car for summer/fun.

Oh name on the title wow, yet your embarassed about your car. LOL

I drove and owned Original Z cars. The S chassis was a matter of fact choice of recognition for me over the Z32 as it held to the heritage of the Original Z (s13 fastback). Now in fact it kicked the Z32's ass in Japan and actually did in sales over here as well regardless of the fact that we got stuck with the lame torque monster engine instead of the rev happy turbo engine.

The only other Japanese car that comes close to same catagory wise as the S chassis is the FD the other cars are either glorified econoboxs on steriods or overly costly roadsters.

Now if you picked a S chassis as a sad second and have not realized just how nice it is? Well then your clueless and your statements above prove it.
Embarrassed at a Euro meet? LOL hahhahhaha you have serious personal issues if your car embarrassed you .

Oh wait, your another one of those my car represents my wealth and stature guys no doubt. I feel sorry for you if thats true. Someday you will grow up and realize the car does not make the person.

Until then you will continue to be embarassed about your car and not worthy of owning a Nissan because you don't even give the company the self respect it deserves.

P.S. The GTR is just a badass fuck you like Steve said. You just can't accept that. Do us a favor sell your car buy something else and stop posting.

lucky7
02-27-2008, 06:31 PM
boy oh boy. you get upset easily. i cant help the fact that you have a nissan hard-on. thats not my problem, nor is it my fault.
'embarassed' was the wrong word to use. i just ran with it, because i was quoting what you said. envy would have been better. because i would rather be driving the M3, any day of the week. buyer's remorse maybe?

i dont want to hear a Z vs S comparo. a fully loaded S was half the price of a TTZ. gee, i wonder why they sold more S cars??? had ZERO to do with racing in japan.

car representing wealth thing is a bit off. im not quite that shallow. ive been driving old piles of shit my entire life. i have no problem admiting that. haha.

see, here in lies the actual discrepancy here. nissan to you, is like bmw to me. i love the racing history they have. all its heritage and that stuff. so i can relate to how you feel. but i still dont really give a shit about nissan, or its racing history. i mean, sure. my car is fun. the young kiddies love it. the old people hate it. and i am in between. my feeling is kind of indifferent at this point.

i say i 'settled'. because a deal i had going on a '95 boston green M3 fell through. being i couldnt find another one at that time, with decent miles, and the right price. i said fuck it. ill spend alot less on a S13, and i can get an SR swap. well, that got all fucked up, and i dont have either of those now. but besides the point. i wouldnt compair an S14, to an E36 M3. you cant.

my S14, to me. is a stepping stone. just like my civic was. you learn, you move on to something bigger and better. i cant help that. to me, thats just how it is. i dont want to argue with you about stupid meaningless shit.
its silly, there is no point. lol.

offtopic: you moved on to VQ's now?? what happened to the RB thing?

drift freaq
02-27-2008, 06:52 PM
boy oh boy. you get upset easily. i cant help the fact that you have a nissan hard-on. thats not my problem, nor is it my fault.
'embarassed' was the wrong word to use. i just ran with it, because i was quoting what you said. envy would have been better. because i would rather be driving the M3, any day of the week. buyer's remorse maybe?

i dont want to hear a Z vs S comparo. a fully loaded S was half the price of a TTZ. gee, i wonder why they sold more S cars??? had ZERO to do with racing in japan.

car representing wealth thing is a bit off. im not quite that shallow. ive been driving old piles of shit my entire life. i have no problem admiting that. haha.

see, here in lies the actual discrepancy here. nissan to you, is like bmw to me. i love the racing history they have. all its heritage and that stuff. so i can relate to how you feel. but i still dont really give a shit about nissan, or its racing history. i mean, sure. my car is fun. the young kiddies love it. the old people hate it. and i am in between. my feeling is kind of indifferent at this point.

i say i 'settled'. because a deal i had going on a '95 boston green M3 fell through. being i couldnt find another one at that time, with decent miles, and the right price. i said fuck it. ill spend alot less on a S13, and i can get an SR swap. well, that got all fucked up, and i dont have either of those now. but besides the point. i wouldnt compair an S14, to an E36 M3. you cant.

my S14, to me. is a stepping stone. just like my civic was. you learn, you move on to something bigger and better. i cant help that. to me, thats just how it is. i dont want to argue with you about stupid meaningless shit.
its silly, there is no point. lol.

Hahahahaha if you think I am upset? Farthest thing from it. I am having fun here based on your own statements.

You keep boxing yourself into a corner and making statements ripe for ripping. LOL. Your choice of words is what brought most of it on and the fact that you just could not bring yourself to accept the awesomeness of the GTR. Or your elevating the GT3 to Godlike status. A 917? Ya maybe, a GT3? Oh hell no. Fast yes, overrated? Oh hell yes.
For the money a GT3 costs there are lots of other options again IMO.
Oh and your own statements lead to the impression of equating the car you own with wealth due to the embarassment statement you made.

In Japan the 180sx did actually wipe the floor with the Z32. The Z32 was a travesty to Z car heritage IMO. Though that is another story. The only reason it won in racing is because Nissan saw to it that some money was sunk into it.
In fact it would be one of the last of Nissans factory backed efforts in racing (along with the GTU and GTP cars) here in the states.

I would agree with you on the S14 you cannot compare to to E36 M3.

Though the 510 did kick the 1600/2002's asses. hehehehhe

Oh and the G35/37 actually does outdo the BMW. Hahahahaha
See you have to understand if you make statements I can pick apart I most likely will. Does it mean I am upset? No it means I am having fun.

So basically its like this at this point in time Japanese cars do a fair job of owning European cars. Be it Nissan/Infiniti or Toyota/Lexus.

Now I am proud of being a Nissan fan, and I do feel if your on the forum as you are, I would expect you to be an enthusiast? Yes, usually the only people that spend anytime or effort on a forum like this are.
So when you came out of the gate with your attitude and professed love of everything European l leveled the guns at you. hahahhahhahahhahha

Shall we say you brought upon yourself? I think so. Should you admit or accept that? Its up to you.

Yes I am on to VQ's. They are the future and are pretty badass. They are light , they are powerful and they are a lot more tune-able than people think or realize.
RB's are dope and for a S30 are a fantastic engine option. Though I feel a VQ is pretty damn sick for a S chassis and I am not far off picking up a Z33 as well.

lucky7
02-27-2008, 10:44 PM
ok. :bigok:

bardabe
02-27-2008, 11:56 PM
and this i where i can tell you guys, just like when the GTR R32 debuted back in 89, it's going to fuck everything up in it's class.

Omarius Maximus
02-28-2008, 01:47 AM
You know what the GT3 went up against the GTR in Japan as well and got spanked.

Riiiiiight....on what? Best Motoring? Sorry to break it to you, but F430 Stradales lose to freaking NSXs on Best Motoring. The japanese are a bit self serving and overly nationalistic on that show.....or they just borrow expensive european machinery that they can't fully exploit because the owners of said cars would get angry. It's either one or the other, and it always has been.

As far as the GTR and it's racing heritage are concerned, yeah it won a bunch of backwater races in Japan and Australia. That's awesome, but there's still a reason that the new GTR appeals to the "playstation" generation. No one knew what the hell a GTR was prior to driving it in Grand Turismo. That's the truth.

You can boast about Godzilla this and Godzilla that, but at the end of the day, not a lot of people are gonna know what the hell your talking about. And for good reason.

BTW, the M3 shouldn't have even been compared to either car, as it is

A. Much cheaper than a GTR in price
B. Is built for a different purpose

exitspeed
02-28-2008, 07:57 AM
As far as the GTR and it's racing heritage are concerned, yeah it won a bunch of backwater races in Japan and Australia. That's awesome, but there's still a reason that the new GTR appeals to the "playstation" generation. No one knew what the hell a GTR was prior to driving it in Grand Turismo. That's the truth.

You can boast about Godzilla this and Godzilla that, but at the end of the day, not a lot of people are gonna know what the hell your talking about. And for good reason.

Wow, just wow. I could just ban you know??? You are fuckin clueless. I can't wait til Driftfreaq see's this reply.

Omarius Maximus
02-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Ban me for what exactly? Poor conduct? Personal attacks? or expressing my opinion and not being a Nissan fanboy? Just because I like all cars and the fact that I won't be driving a Nissan foreverz doesn't necessitate a ban. You should maybe use those mod powers of yours a little more responsibly.

exitspeed
02-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Ban me for what exactly? Poor conduct? Personal attacks? or expressing my opinion and not being a Nissan fanboy? Just because I like all cars and the fact that I won't be driving a Nissan foreverz doesn't necessitate a ban. You should maybe use those mod powers of yours a little more responsibly.

Did I ban you? Have you heard of a joke? :ugh:

Your lack of knowledge on the subject is appalling. You shouldn't just kept your mouth shut.

If you don't understand incredible the GTR I just feel bad for you and I'd suggest you do some research before continuing to post on here.

Although I'll give you a little credit on the Best Motoring remark, everything else was way off base.

drift freaq
02-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Riiiiiight....on what? Best Motoring? Sorry to break it to you, but F430 Stradales lose to freaking NSXs on Best Motoring. The japanese are a bit self serving and overly nationalistic on that show.....or they just borrow expensive european machinery that they can't fully exploit because the owners of said cars would get angry. It's either one or the other, and it always has been.

BTW, the M3 shouldn't have even been compared to either car, as it is

A. Much cheaper than a GTR in price
B. Is built for a different purpose

Do you always talk without investigating? Do you always ignore facts in front of your own face. Oh ya thats probably why you have all those red squares next to your sig. Best motoring has not even done a test of the GTR yet. You really need to go back and study before opening your mouth here. In repeated laps at the Nurmburing the GTR bested the Porsches lap times repeatedly and this info is all over the net.

Playstation Generation? I know a lot of people that are not playstation generation that are very aware of GTR's and have been for yours. The R32 GTR came out in 1989 that was before the playstation. It made its mark again before the playstation.

The GTR is not just about its own racing heritage. If you follow Nissan you would realize Nissans racing heritage is long and storied. Do not even argue about it because your probably 18 and have not been alive long enough to even experience it. At least thats the way you talk.

The GTR has a lot of F1 technology from Renault in it as well. Renault has won F1 world championships. Now fact is your here trying to start an argument based on your own opinion and not actual facts or research. Your above statements are all conjecture and opinion with no facts. I suggest you STFU before you make yourself look any worse than you already have.
The only real statement of fact you made was the fact that the M3 should not have been tested against the GTR I agree with that.
Now if you had stayed with that statement you would have been on stable ground but you let your own ignorance take over and you put your foot in your mouth.

Omarius Maximus
02-28-2008, 09:55 AM
FWIW, I'm a big fan of the GTR. At least what the GTR used to be. The V35 should have been 33-3400 pounds, AWD, 350hp and 45K. Sort of like the STI and EVO, only a bit more upmarket.
Instead, Nissan makes a Catfish the size of a Hummer and tries to sell it to people who are looking at Porsches.

Best motoring has a video out: gallardo vs. gtr vs. gt3 vs. 911 turbo vs. nsx

People's awareness of the GTR, at least in North America came from the playstation. Sure it was doing its thing before then, but nobody here knew or cared.

As far as nurburgring lap times, I simply don't believe them. It's all word of mouth. I want to see an unbiased publication do it, or even Sabine Schmitz.

As far as the neg rep, that's all thanks to one person :)

exitspeed
02-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Now THAT is a statement from a Gran Turismo generation fanboy if I've ever heard one.

NO DOUBT the previous gen GTR's are awesome cars. The pinnacle of Japanese GT car design.

But the R35 is the first actual SUPERCAR. It bests any GT car that Japan has ever made and now is making short work of the cars on the top of the totem poll in Europe.

This new GTR is superior to all previous generation GTR's. That sir is a FACT.

steve shadows
02-28-2008, 10:16 AM

that is one thing i hope we NEVER see. thats one thing about the europeans i really really like. they are traditional. the 911 is still rear engined, because the first one was rear engined. not because its better than front or mid. no, its common knowlege. the last thing you want in a car that has to turn, is a heavy rear end. but they didnt change it to make it easier. hell no. they made it better. they made it amazing.

BMW? if they ever make an awd M car, shit will hit the fan. M cars have always been rwd. they have always been naturally aspirated. believe me, they've changed alot of things that purists dislike. but they have done it to stay ahead. the M5/M6, used to have only 6 cylinders. now they have 10. the M3 started out with 4 cylinders. now 8. most people arent impressed with the fact that BMW even makes an awd car. its true.
i prefer this.

but whoever said it above, i agree. the M3 was outclassed, no question. its not quite that type of car.

whatever. it was a decent comparo. its technology at its finest. good or bad? you have to make your own decision i suppose.

Anything BMW does regarding anything will be traditional they were running turbos on race cars forever.

AWD? yeah maybe a stretch, but maybe they should stop trying to put bigger and bigger engines into a 3 series sports version too.

I like the 335 better at this rate, chip and more HP than the M3, good job guys.

steve shadows
02-28-2008, 10:18 AM

That is no excuse.

Go find a BMW, sell everything get a second job.

If BMW is GOD then get one.

I am going to be getting one, I will have to work for it, but Ill be picking up a used 3 series here pretty soon as a daily.

I like Nissan Motorsports and BMW in general equally.

I hate Nissans standard line up though

drift freaq
02-28-2008, 10:24 AM
FWIW, I'm a big fan of the GTR. At least what the GTR used to be. The V35 should have been 33-3400 pounds, AWD, 350hp and 45K. Sort of like the STI and EVO, only a bit more upmarket.
Instead, Nissan makes a Catfish the size of a Hummer and tries to sell it to people who are looking at Porsches.

Best motoring has a video out: gallardo vs. gtr vs. gt3 vs. 911 turbo vs. nsx

People's awareness of the GTR, at least in North America came from the playstation. Sure it was doing its thing before then, but nobody here knew or cared.

As far as nurburgring lap times, I simply don't believe them. It's all word of mouth. I want to see an unbiased publication do it, or even Sabine Schmitz.

As far as the neg rep, that's all thanks to one person :)

Man your idiocy is taking away from me leaving to catch a flight but you now what you need a beat down in the education department.

Comparing the GTR to the Glorified econoboxs on steroids for pro rally is just plain dumb on your part. The tech in the GTR is light years ahead of either aforementioned econoboxs. If you watched that video the tester even sat there and compared the GTR to a Veryon calling it a baby Veryon. Hmm fastest most badass car in the World the Bugatti and the GTR is mentioned in the same breath.

The Skyline has always been a flagship car for Nissan. Nissan has always been Japans premier sports or sporting car company. The GTR is now that Flagship car and it is a Supercar. If you watch that video even the tester is amazed at its handling ability and power vs the weight, Nissan has proven that the weight factor can be overcome. I do not see Suburu or Mitsu doing that. That takes techonlogical prowess something Nissan has.

For you to say that the GTR should be priced and likened to a Suburu or Mitsushitty is just plain automitve ignorant. Learn more about cars and technology before trying to have this argument.

Your awareness of the GTR may be from the Playstation but the GTR was talked about and recognized before the Playstation ever came out.

Oh wait your only 18 so that means you were 12 when we where talking about the Skyline GTR go home and Play your video games . You don't believe the ring lap times? Word of mouth? Video's of it all over the internet is word of mouth. Oh but wait your gonna go say it was faked video right? Your a idiot and like I said before you should shut up before you make yourself look any worse . Not only is your foot in your mouth but your swallowing your calf as well.

lucky7
02-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Anything BMW does regarding anything will be traditional they were running turbos on race cars forever.

AWD? yeah maybe a stretch, but maybe they should stop trying to put bigger and bigger engines into a 3 series sports version too.

I like the 335 better at this rate, chip and more HP than the M3, good job guys.

race cars, yes. but production cars? excluding all diesel cars, the 335 is i believe the 3rd factory car to be outfitted with a turbo. 2002 turbo, 745i turbo(E23), and now the E90/92 335. the 135 will be next (here, as its in other parts of the world already).

what manufacturer is NOT putting bigger engines into their cars? it has been the evolution of cars since the beginning of time. except for a couple exceptions all completely based on fuel prices/quantities.

a chipped 335 still has less power than an E92 M3. its closer to it. but power delivery is still going to be quite different. the chip is good. but 300hp vs 420. its not quite that good.

i will have another Bmw. probably an M car next. i dont understand the hurry though? im 23 years old. my current car is a 'stepping stone'. ill get to where i want to be eventually. you guys say you're not upset. but from here, you all look it. :angel:

Howard92884
02-28-2008, 12:36 PM
couldnt find an M3 in my area under 100k, for what i wanted to pay. so i 'settled'. yup.
You have 100k and you bought an S14? Don't you still live with your parents? Not an attack just wondering, maybe it was a typo on your part.

lucky7
02-28-2008, 12:42 PM
miles....

:keke: :keke:

Howard92884
02-28-2008, 02:59 PM
miles....

:keke: :keke:
:doh: Haha I was gonna say.....Your Ballin out of control!

kandyflip445
02-28-2008, 04:01 PM
:doh: Haha I was gonna say.....Your Ballin out of control!

I thought the same shit. LOL

Sil80Dreams
02-28-2008, 04:16 PM
HAHAHA, Drift Freaq you are amazing, no bullshit, no sarcasm, in all seriousness you told that guy what was up. At first I was like, "well he does have a point" and then you saved me haha. Also in reference to the video...."Baby Veyron" that gave me a sort of proud feeling did that happen to anyone else? haha