02-24-2008, 07:49 PM
you should eather take up snowboarding full time or move:keke:

Andrew Bohan
02-24-2008, 07:53 PM
and that is half the reason i live in california now

burnsauto
02-24-2008, 07:55 PM
and that is half the reason i live in california now

i'm prob going to be heading that way after wyotech...

(at least it was kinda warm today, i think it hit 40º) lol

lucky7
02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
hit 39 here today. we're having a goddamn heatwave. rofl.
i agree though. my head is about to explode. ive had enough.

Antihero983
02-24-2008, 08:18 PM
im with you guys on this one, fuck the northeast for sure.

i need to get down to the carolinas or something.

burnsauto
02-24-2008, 08:24 PM
im with you guys on this one, fuck the northeast for sure.

i need to get down to the carolinas or something.

yeah it hits the 40's there SOMETIMES.

cali guys have no idea how good they have it weather wise. i'd take 110 anyday.:2f2f:

Helghast
02-24-2008, 08:54 PM
you don't want 110*.
no one wants 110*.
That's TOO hot.
UGH.
Just thinking about it makes me sweat.

Naughty240
02-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Dont forget at least its not as hot in the summer in NE or the north cold weather states. We get hot weather but florida or whatever is too hot for me. Not sure if Cali is humidity is bad but they got traffic. I dont think I would make it painting in a down draft booth at 100 degrees or more.

eastcoastS14
02-24-2008, 09:09 PM
lol we got a couple inches in MA this weekend....looks like ur pretty stuck there haha, do they even plow your street?

I am fuckin tired of this winter tho....got stuck the other day 2 streets over from mine on a hill and was just spinning the tires lol.....and its just dragging on forever, thank god ill be visiting my cousin in GA in a few weeks

lucky7
02-24-2008, 09:11 PM
the only plus to living where it snows. when spring rolls around, its like you won the lottery. you get that feeling every year. remember those first warm days of the year?? you can roll around with your windows down?? you dont have to roll with the heat on?? no more ice scrapers and defrost? its an amazing feeling.

silviaz
02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
You should at least put the car in a tempo or something. Your frame/floor will be damaged with that humidity underneath the car.

For me, after every winter, even if my car is crappy I always have this little strange feeling inside. 2 weeks later, I want to sell it lol.

eastcoastS14
02-24-2008, 09:23 PM
yeah spring in the northeast kicks ass....fuck i cant wait for it to be warm...every season is awsome here for one reason or another...i cant imagine spending christmas in cali...."merry christmas!" look out side...fucking palm trees, no snow...=/ lol they dont even get snow days as a kid, no sledding, no snowmen or snowball fights (missing out bigtime) the spring and fall are badass for driving, nice ass scenary too. And the summer is just a good time overall...plus it rains during our summers lol....this winter seems long but for the most part just when youre thinkin "enough already Im gonna slit my wrists if it stays colder much longer" it warms up...Ill most likely end up movin out to cali after school, but i kno a lot of ppl who moved and came back and said the same weather everyday bugged them out after living in new england their whole lives...they said its like groundhog day....every day looks exactly the same lol

Andrew Bohan
02-24-2008, 09:36 PM
110º may be too hot, but at least you car doesn't get buried under 2 feet of hotness

lucky7
02-24-2008, 09:38 PM
i love the east coast. i'd love to move to new england someday. i went to RI a few years ago, and absolutely loved it. i was there in the fall if i remember correctly. i love history and old shit. on my places id like to visit, boston is in close to the top. i dont know why. plus i think east coast accents are baller. i want one. haha.

im here in michigan.. if you like outdoors shit, this is the place to be. evereyone either has a place 'upnorth', or they know someone that does. on every major holiday, I75 north bound (the main highway that goes through detroit, and heads north) is a parkinglot of trucks with boats/campers/rv's/snomobiles/quads/jet skiis. everything you can think of. winter is something you get used to i guess. ive never lived in a place that was void of ice and snow in the winter. i think it would be weird not to have it.

burnsauto
02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
well as far as the humidity getting to the car, the chassis is sitting on concrete... somewhere under there...

i dont drive the s13 in the winter...just go outside once a week and run it for a little...and realize how much i hate driving a ford focus.

jackjack
02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
the only plus to living where it snows. when spring rolls around, its like you won the lottery. you get that feeling every year. remember those first warm days of the year?? you can roll around with your windows down?? you dont have to roll with the heat on?? no more ice scrapers and defrost? its an amazing feeling.

yeah......... thats the best. you almost want to :faint: when you first walk out the door.

eastcoastS14
02-24-2008, 09:49 PM
110º may be too hot, but at least you car doesn't get buried under 2 feet of hotness

honestly you get used to it...dig out and then drive, Ive been DDing my car all winter, snow, ice, sleet, rain whatever...no snow tires or anything...you just get used to it...not to mention 240s and the like are rare most ppl around have trucks or SUVs or some car thats better in the snow...even tho we do get hammered with a blizzard every once in a while..they plow, you dig, your friends push and youre good to go

i love the east coast. i'd love to move to new england someday. i went to RI a few years ago, and absolutely loved it. i was there in the fall if i remember correctly. i love history and old shit. on my places id like to visit, boston is in close to the top. i dont know why. plus i think east coast accents are baller. i want one. haha.

well fahk kid..if you like old shit and east coast accents youd love boston...and if you like shitty roads, rush hour traffic and ppl who drive like assholes youll be in heaven here haha

eastcoastS14
02-24-2008, 10:12 PM
boston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMl_VN3ISNY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F64XIXHwws&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw

Naughty240
02-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Haha yea the girls love that no r stuff. Its funny meeting girls from other parts of the US, I always forget we have our own language. We say package store (lq), grinda (sandwich), bubla (water fountain) etc.

What about doing donuts in the snow? gotta love that.

lflkajfj12123
02-24-2008, 11:18 PM
just don't move to chicago

B Love
02-25-2008, 12:10 AM
California or Bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESmorz
02-25-2008, 01:42 AM
California or Bust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god.

Put on your anti-california sucks earmuffs.

haha

KiLLeR2001
02-25-2008, 01:44 AM
What's winter again?

Andrew Bohan
02-25-2008, 01:59 AM
winter is when people from northern states come visit

ThatGuy
02-25-2008, 04:12 AM
North Carolina.

No snow on the coast.
No Smog.
No Hippies.

EvilRB
02-25-2008, 05:59 AM
I think you guys all got it wrong. :)
If you are gonna dream about moving to some place then maybe you should try this.
I'm in Cali now and its good but not great.
I still miss home.

This is actually taken a few houses down from my old place.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/psimotoring/blackpoint1.jpg

This is what I miss.
And it's usually like that year round.

And thats Hawaii just FYI. :)

plus stuff like this is pretty common :naughty:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/psimotoring/beautiful-white-bikini.jpg

((sr)) kelly
02-25-2008, 06:03 AM
move down here jared..... 60s all week

((sr)) kelly
02-25-2008, 06:05 AM
just don't move to chicago

yeh really.... aside from the harsg winter, illinois roads SUCK

lucky7
02-25-2008, 08:15 AM
detroit roads are pretty terrible. lol boston guy is pretty funny. and ive seen the dropkick murphys before. long long time ago in minneapolis.

its funny, i did a search on yahoo for Detroit. lol, everyday is a party in the D.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A8dz40AOOmA&feature=related

240sx_sr20det
02-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Now, don't quote me on this, it's just what I heard.

But one of my professors was explaining how we're going through a "Mini-Ice Age" and that our winter is going to be really long this year. He said this is the reason for all the snow and frigid weather.

He could be wrong, I don't know, but I really playing in mall parking lots with my GSX. :keke:

Naughty240
02-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Yea Det has a tough rep. Our state Capitol in RI was ran by a mayor who was basically in the mob and went to jail for it. However he did a good job turning the city back around. I think when I was kid in school Providence was very high on the crime to people ratio. RI has it all. Changing seasons, beaches, country settings, clubs, and also shitty ass roads haha. The bad part is finding parts. Thats one think Cali does have that I envy.

SHIFT_*grind*
02-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I get tired of Virginia Beach weather sometimes. In the winter it's like 30 one day, and 75 the next. And it hardly ever snows, but damn does it rain. Winters here are typically cold and drizzly, with periodic warm spells that keep you from getting used to the cold weather, so you keep getting sick :(

But overall it's great. The 70 degree days in the middle of winter are pretty refreshing. Riding around in February with the top down is nice :)

Antihero983
02-25-2008, 08:40 AM
all i know, is between the weather, and my career life seeming to go nowhere lately, i need the fuck out of New England. period.

exitspeed
02-25-2008, 10:00 AM

Absolutely. You cherish spring and summer like you wouldn't believe. We've had near record amounts of snow this year. We've got like 2-3 years worth of snow in a few months.

I can't wait for spring.

legacy927
02-25-2008, 10:10 AM
i hate snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

especially in the city...sanitation trucks shoots salt like its freaking pellet guns...STOP SHOOTING AT MY CAR!!! lolz

LongGrain
02-25-2008, 10:34 AM

ive been waiting for that to come since october..

i cannot wait to bring my car back up to school with me. i hate not being able to drive it.

exitspeed
02-25-2008, 10:45 AM
We're supposed to get another 6" today/tonight. :(

jackjack
02-25-2008, 10:56 AM
just heard the news on the radio. rain/ice this afternoon. 4-8 inches of snow after 9pm :-/

sweet :fawkd:

Tops*
02-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Funny. I live in Michigan too. Not too far away from Dane actually. I roll around with my windows cracked or all the way down in the winter unless it's deathly cold. I just like being able to smell outside, whether it be a Chinese restaurant or a skunk. Anyone with me here?

There's going to be a winter weather advisory through tonight and tomorrow. We're supposed to get freezing rain, then 5-8" of snow accumulation. I <3 snowboarding, but I want spring. Washing my car absolutely blows. I want to be able to wash my car in my boardshorts. High school cheerleader car washes are cool too...yeah. Girls in bikinis are hot.

Bobafreak
02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Damn that shit is weak.

jackjack
02-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Washing my car absolutely blows. I want to be able to wash my car in my boardshorts.

werd. i miss those days. even if i had to wash 5 cars in a row (family) :D

inertiaticism
02-25-2008, 11:20 AM
North Carolina.

No snow on the coast.
No Smog.
No Hippies.
It's a pretty good compromise.
Nice, cold winters, but not too cold or snowy.
Nice, hot summers, but not Arizona hot.
Spring and fall are both perfect, and it doesn't rain an absurd amount, no earthquakes or any other crazy stuff.

The only real drawbacks are being in the country for the most part, which is rad sometimes, and usually very pretty.
Also, hurricanes and rednecks, but you get used to those.

SHIFT_*grind*
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Humidity sucks in the summer though. At least, it does up here in VA, is it bad down there in Charlotte?

Having a convertible doesn't make up for no A/C when it's 100* and ~95% humidity :-/

eastcoastS14
02-25-2008, 12:16 PM
I think you guys all got it wrong. :)
If you are gonna dream about moving to some place then maybe you should try this.
I'm in Cali now and its good but not great.
I still miss home.

This is actually taken a few houses down from my old place.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/psimotoring/blackpoint1.jpg

This is what I miss.
And it's usually like that year round.

And thats Hawaii just FYI. :)

plus stuff like this is pretty common :naughty:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/psimotoring/beautiful-white-bikini.jpg

Id love to move to hawaii....but I was friends with a kid from hawaii freshman year and he said theres a huge drug problem there and isnt it pretty tough to get a job if youre not from there? Ive also heard stories from these girls who have been there of some locals kicking the shit out of one of their guy friends because they were on "their beach" idk....

rps13drift
02-25-2008, 12:34 PM
honestly you get used to it...dig out and then drive, Ive been DDing my car all winter, snow, ice, sleet, rain whatever...no snow tires or anything...you just get used to it...not to mention 240s and the like are rare most ppl around have trucks or SUVs or some car thats better in the snow...even tho we do get hammered with a blizzard every once in a while..they plow, you dig, your friends push and youre good to go

well fahk kid..if you like old shit and east coast accents youd love boston...and if you like shitty roads, rush hour traffic and ppl who drive like assholes youll be in heaven here haha

HAhaha!^^^ I worked with a bunch of carpenters from buston(boston) a few weeks ago and they said that new jersey was the most aggressive/rude /fast paced state they've ever been to! They were cool guys down in jersey working for a few weeks and they absolutely hated it! Thet said it was nothing like boston! lol

EvilRB
02-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Id love to move to hawaii....but I was friends with a kid from hawaii freshman year and he said theres a huge drug problem there and isnt it pretty tough to get a job if youre not from there? Ive also heard stories from these girls who have been there of some locals kicking the shit out of one of their guy friends because they were on "their beach" idk....

LoL! Yes there is a drug problem just like anywhere else you go. There are those "areas" it's not like everywhere.
And regarding the beach thing it's all about respect. If someone came to your area and was acting with disrespect wouldn't you kick their asses??
And last but not least the job thing. If you got talent or a degree you WILL get a job there. Just like everywhere else it's about who you know and what your qualifications are.
If you lived in one place all your life wouldn't you have some "connections"? Same thing.

eastcoastS14
02-25-2008, 12:53 PM
lol yeah i think pretty much anywhere you go on the east coast (not counting the southeast) ppl are assholes...I mean places like Maine and Vermont are different but Boston, NJ, NY, Philly, Chi, ppl are assholes...when I went to cali everyone was pretty friendly...

S13_Nightkid
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
I get tired of Virginia Beach weather sometimes. In the winter it's like 30 one day, and 75 the next. And it hardly ever snows, but damn does it rain. Winters here are typically cold and drizzly, with periodic warm spells that keep you from getting used to the cold weather, so you keep getting sick :(

But overall it's great. The 70 degree days in the middle of winter are pretty refreshing. Riding around in February with the top down is nice :)

lol come up to N. VA its still cold as hell...

eastcoastS14
02-25-2008, 02:00 PM
lol its 42* out today....so glad to finally drive around with the windows down and wear a Tshirt

lucky7
02-25-2008, 02:53 PM
i heard 4-6" tonite. but according to weather.com, we're only supposed to get 1-2". i cant wait to cut the grass again. lol, for some reason, thats one of my favorite things to do in the spring. i got my radio headphones, toro zeroturn, and a couple acres of grass to chop down. beer in the cup holder = party on wheels.

there is so much shit i miss. washing my car on the driveway. NOT wearing long underwear and wool socks. 2 shirts, 1 sweatshirt and then a coat. wearing a hat all winter. gloves... ice scrapers... making sure you always have extra windshield washer fluid. because you all know, as well as i do. when that shit runs out. life SUCKS. even if its just for a few minutes until you can stop at the gas station to get some more. :lol:
and whoever it was that said it, is correct. the salt spreaders on the back of those big ass orange trucks. you'd think they were trying to sand blast your shit. its like someone is shooting you with a little machine gun or some shit. hahaha. rolling through stop signs, because if you make a complete stop. you're going to be there a while just trying to get moving again. haha. or when you finally gather up some speed cruising around. then on a turn, you see water or something up ahead on the road. so you slow wayy the fuck down before you get to it. you never know. that shit could put you in the ditch, no questions asked.

Naughty240
02-25-2008, 03:04 PM
I miss girls in summer clothes. I just want a 50 degree day so I can get outside and put my damn parts on my car I hate seeing them on my floor.

jackjack
02-25-2008, 03:11 PM
lol its 42* out today....so glad to finally drive around with the windows down and wear a Tshirt

for real.............

Bobafreak
02-25-2008, 03:16 PM

what!!! i guess to us socal folks that shit is cold.

eastcoastS14
02-25-2008, 03:25 PM
^^ yeah well....we are real men over here lol

alot of my friends wear shorts all year round...one of my freinds would be walking around in shorts and sandals when it was like 30* out lol...hes a big boy tho

theronin
02-25-2008, 03:42 PM
what is this "snow" substance you speak of?

burnsauto
02-25-2008, 03:51 PM
It's a pretty good compromise.
Nice, cold winters, but not too cold or snowy.
Nice, hot summers, but not Arizona hot.
Spring and fall are both perfect, and it doesn't rain an absurd amount, no earthquakes or any other crazy stuff.

The only real drawbacks are being in the country for the most part, which is rad sometimes, and usually very pretty.
Also, hurricanes and rednecks, but you get used to those.

no, i could never get used to rednecks.

..ever.
:rl:

the south freaks me out....ppl are waay too nice. grocery stores help you bring your bags out to your car, hold doors for you, etc. ...everytime i go down south it bugs me out, its like its one big joke down there - and i dont get it.:ughd:

lucky7
02-25-2008, 04:09 PM
ppl are waay too nice. grocery stores help you bring your bags out to your car, hold doors for you, etc.

sounds like america, 30+ years ago. i wish some things never would change. perhaps im weird. but its odd to me that people being nice, makes you feel uncomfortable. :keke: :keke:

Tops*
02-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, winter's pretty much bull shit. Roads are TERRIBLE too. It's like driving through a fucking minefield everyday. Then when the potholes do get filled, all the asphalt kicks up and sticks everywhere. It's just a lose-lose situation. Not to mention even before driving, it takes 10 minutes for my car to warm up. I need to move out of Michigan. I have all the reasons to do so.

steve shadows
02-25-2008, 04:31 PM
I miss girls in summer clothes. I just want a 50 degree day so I can get outside and put my damn parts on my car I hate seeing them on my floor.

Don't laugh but Cali has been way too cold this winter

lucky7
02-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah, winter's pretty much bull shit. Roads are TERRIBLE too. It's like driving through a fucking minefield everyday. Then when the potholes do get filled, all the asphalt kicks up and sticks everywhere. It's just a lose-lose situation. Not to mention even before driving, it takes 10 minutes for my car to warm up. I need to move out of Michigan. I have all the reasons to do so.

where do you live at?? have we met? you on xceedspeed.com?

PF ALL DAY
02-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Don't laugh but Cali has been way too cold this winter
Sad, but true. 50 degree cold starts really fuck up our cars!

Bobafreak
02-25-2008, 06:24 PM
^^ yeah well....we are real men over here lol

alot of my friends wear shorts all year round...one of my freinds would be walking around in shorts and sandals when it was like 30* out lol...hes a big boy tho

WOOOOOOO! alright alright, yeah when i went to the east coast to visit relatives out in new jersey i quadrippled up in clothes 2 thermals sweats and my jeans and one under shirt, thermal, sweatshirt then my big puffy jacket and beenie. People looked at me like i was crazy. i was just trying to survive. When we went shopping this lady goes wow you must not be around here.

burnsauto
02-25-2008, 06:56 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(this is for you too steve.)HAHAHAHAHAHA

..cold starts? how about when its so cold, the car DOESN'T start.:yum:

Tops*
02-25-2008, 08:03 PM
where do you live at?? have we met? you on xceedspeed.com?

Monroe, Michigan. Don't think so. Yes, as Tops*.
One of your pics is actually my desktop background. I think it's the broke down Central Station.

My car had a hard time starting a couple weeks ago. The air was crisp and the cold took my breath away.
50° LOL...I can not WAIT for it to be 50° again.

lucky7
02-26-2008, 12:41 AM
oh shit, ive seen you post on there. down river eh? cool.

Antihero983
02-26-2008, 06:45 AM
here's the forecast up here for the next few days from yahoo.com....and its usually pretty accurate....

Detailed Local ForecastHow to Read This Today: Mainly cloudy this morning. Then a light mix of wintry precipitation expected this afternoon. High 39F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 80%.
Tonight: A mix of wintry precipitation this evening. Then periods of rain expected overnight. Low 31F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 90%.
Tomorrow: Cloudy. Snow flurries in the afternoon. High around 40F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly cloudy with snow flurries and snow showers, especially overnight hours. Low 17F. Winds W at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50%.
Thursday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the upper 20s and lows in the mid single digits.
Friday: Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the low 30s and lows in the upper 20s.
Saturday: Mix of rain and snow showers. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the upper teens.

Dirty Habit
02-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Woke up this morning to this.
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/7454/cimg1458sa0.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/949/cimg1456us2.jpg
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8678/cimg1454vg3.jpg

water
02-26-2008, 07:04 AM
FL may fail but I was hanging at the beach for the past 3 weekends. Water rarely goes under 75 and the sun is usually always out where i live.

lucky7
02-26-2008, 09:13 AM
its still snowing here. i have to go clear the driveway...
any of you southern people know what this is??
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZJG52STBL._AA280_.jpg

:keke: :keke: :keke:

its a fucking life saver when you get > 5" of snow. thats what it is. :bigok:

SHIFT_*grind*
02-26-2008, 09:46 AM
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/7454/cimg1458sa0.jpg

Is that a reindeer on the right? Like, a really small dog-shaped one?

Dirty Habit
02-26-2008, 09:50 AM
lol. My dogs ears fly everywhere when she runs..haha.

Tops*
02-26-2008, 09:58 AM
NO SCHOOL! FUCK YEAH! :rawk:

Oh yeah, winter still sucks because I can't go anywhere today.

burnsauto
02-26-2008, 10:25 AM
its still snowing here. i have to go clear the driveway...
any of you southern people know what this is??
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZJG52STBL._AA280_.jpg

:keke: :keke: :keke:

its a fucking life saver when you get > 5" of snow. thats what it is. :bigok:
http://aycu10.webshots.com/image/43009/2003715461014977650_rs.jpg (http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2003715461014977650)
Downgrade.

lucky7
02-26-2008, 11:19 AM
yeah, i never use the snowblower. i just shoveled our shit. fucking sucks. the last person to do it, didnt push the snow all the way to the edges of the driveway, so its all ice. and my POS plastic shovel just stops when i hit it. its like trying to shovel a brick wall. my wrists are all fucked up now. its the wet shit too, so its uber heavy. im just a pussy is all. i never use the snowblower unless we have alot. its my lame attempt to get exercise. lol.

exitspeed
02-26-2008, 11:22 AM
We got lucky and it ended up missing us for once. And by missing I only got 4" instead of the 8 they were talking. There's a big difference between 4" and 8".

silviaguy240
02-26-2008, 11:35 AM

yea i know, it hit like 55* the other day and i threw on some shorts. but its been raining here lately which fucking sucks even though its been like 40-45.

Helghast
02-27-2008, 01:29 AM
it was a GORGEOUS day today.

75* and breezy.

Andrew Bohan
02-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Alt + 167 = º

it's awesome

75º

burnsauto
02-27-2008, 08:36 AM
it was a GORGEOUS day today.

75* and breezy.

i outa negative rep you for being in nice weather.

:love: