PDA

View Full Version : Rats chew babies face off

02-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Sounds like a horror movie. Killer rats!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255328,00.html (http://my.is/forums/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fstory%2F0 %2C2933%2C255328%2C00.html)

Rats Chew Off Newborn Baby's Nose, Upper Lip in Kansas City, Mo., Apartment
Wednesday, February 28, 2007

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Exterminators began sweeping a Kansas City neighborhood infested with rats after one of the rodents crawled into a baby's crib and severely disfigured the girl's face.

Authorities said the girl's parents put her in a crib next to their bed early Sunday and awoke a few hours later, when a heart and breathing monitor alarm went off. The 4-week-old baby, which had been born prematurely, was lying in a pool of blood with her nose and part of her upper lip chewed off.

The parents found rat feces in the crib. Police believe milk or formula that had leaked onto the baby attracted the rodent.

No one else in the home was bitten, police said.

Michael Swoyer, who supervises Kansas City's rat-control program, said exterminators spent Monday at the family's house, several occupied homes nearby, vacant houses and in the surrounding sewer system.

"We don't want this to ever happen again," Swoyer said. "We're all over the neighborhood now."

Swoyer said it was the first time in several years of working in rodent control that he had heard of a rat attacking a human, but he said less severe cases may have happened and were not reported.

The city funded a rat-control unit in the late 1990s, but budget cuts closed it for about three years, Swoyer said. It reopened last May.

Swoyer said rats can be difficult to exterminate because they are cautious of new things in their environment. He said the rodents have even been known to force weaker members of their colonies to eat new food "to see if they die."

Swoyer said rats are attracted to food, water and shelter. He encouraged residents to pick up trash, keep a tight lid on food and cut down tall weeds that can serve as habitat.

"Get rid of one of those things, and the rats will leave," he said.

exitspeed
02-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Wow that is tragic.

MTalon
02-20-2008, 03:47 PM
poor baby.. wow.. Gives me chills thinking about it

powersteeringless180sx
02-20-2008, 03:53 PM
jebus that's unbeleivable.... grossed me out.

SiI40sx
02-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Holy crap, I hope that poor little girls face fills in or something when she grows up, thats so fucked up..... :rant:

muddafakka
02-20-2008, 03:58 PM
What the fucking hell. I hope that baby recovers.

LB.Motoring
02-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Im surprised the baby didnt move, and the rats wouldnt do that, or the rats been there long enough to get use to movement/noise...

BustedS13
02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
KC is such a shithole.

azndoc
02-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Ummm yeah this is one time that I'm not going to say "pics or ban" Poor baby.

Daniel.
02-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Wow. This truly makes me sad. :(

B18C5MK1
02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
jesus christ.

so the baby just slept through it getting its nose and lips chewed off? yeah right. baby was probably wailing... those parents should get the kid taken away. imo.

allntrlundrgrnd
02-20-2008, 05:12 PM
thats so shitty

PF ALL DAY
02-20-2008, 05:14 PM
jesus christ.

so the baby just slept through it getting its nose and lips chewed off? yeah right. baby was probably wailing... those parents should get the kid taken away. imo.
The baby was only 4 weeks old and was born prematurely. Have you ever heard a new born baby cry? It isn't exactly loud..

fromxtor
02-20-2008, 05:24 PM
^^Still my daughter is on one of those monitors, they are about as loud as a smoke detector. It would have to of been going off too, as soon as the rat took the first bite her breathing/HR would have been through the roof PERIOD. It makes me sad for the baby, but her parents just became the mayors of failtown.

Dirty Habit
02-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Feb 28 2007??

adrians_s13
02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
jeez that sucks man...

esp at such a young age

A Spec Products
02-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Wow. This truly makes me sad. :(

Yeah man

Seriously

gottrees
02-20-2008, 06:46 PM
jeez that sucks man...

esp at such a young age
especialllly.

jackjack
02-20-2008, 08:04 PM
wow ........... i'm speechless.

qwikspool
02-20-2008, 08:19 PM
that sucks. feel sad for the baby.

blasting_speed
02-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Damn that sucks. I wonder if the baby will grow back some of its face to look normal as it grows up.

seven.62
02-20-2008, 10:34 PM
This isnt any new news to me. This shit happened all the time(well used too pre- katrina) in the projects down here in New Orleans, fucking ghetto ass people putting their kids to bed with all this formula and milk on their face and fucking rats jump in the crib from the smell and... well you know. Also there was a big problem with roaches going into the ears and noses of babies. God New Orleans must really be a shit hole.

illvialuver
02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
this is when i dont feel bad feeding rats to giants snakes.
poor baby.

eastcoastS14
02-21-2008, 12:29 AM
craziest shit evar.....id freak if that happened to my kid

thread jack:

has anyone else ever seen the documentary on the "ice man" on HBO? he was a hit man for the mafia and they interview him in prison....and he said that the mob used to like him to make certain ppl die in really painful ways, so one of the things he did was take the guy out to these caves that he knew and strap em down to a chair and then kick it over and set up a video camera to record.....then he'd leave and rats would find the guy and start eating him alive, they go after your eyes and your lips and tounge and shit first then burrow into your chest and your skull and shit....pretty fucked up....then hed bring the tape to the mob guys and play it for them so they could see that the guy died really painfully....some fucked up shit goes down in this world, thats for sure

Tops*
02-21-2008, 01:46 AM
^ What the fuck? That's like FF2 x100.

...I'm speechless.

alindeman1989
02-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Thats awful, the kid will never be the same.

Quail
02-21-2008, 08:33 AM
:(:(:( Thats horrible. Poor little kid

KA24DESOneThree
02-21-2008, 08:36 AM
I hate rats.

Not only do they chew babies' faces off, but they eat wiring harnesses, seat foam, insulation, air filters, vacuum lines, spark plug wires, etc.

I once beat one to death with a shoe and didn't feel bad at all. I've shot a couple, and we've poisoned dozens and snapped a few necks in traps.

It kinda sucks living next to avocado groves.

RedStage
02-21-2008, 08:40 AM
jesus christ.

Most definetly.

shmiddy
02-21-2008, 10:18 AM
KC is such a shithole.

took the words right out of my mouth

the rats in new york just mug you, they are fed pretty good with all the trash everywhere

shmiddy
02-21-2008, 10:20 AM
craziest shit evar.....id freak if that happened to my kid

thread jack:

has anyone else ever seen the documentary on the "ice man" on HBO? he was a hit man for the mafia and they interview him in prison....and he said that the mob used to like him to make certain ppl die in really painful ways, so one of the things he did was take the guy out to these caves that he knew and strap em down to a chair and then kick it over and set up a video camera to record.....then he'd leave and rats would find the guy and start eating him alive, they go after your eyes and your lips and tounge and shit first then burrow into your chest and your skull and shit....pretty fucked up....then hed bring the tape to the mob guys and play it for them so they could see that the guy died really painfully....some fucked up shit goes down in this world, thats for sure

yeah i saw that i was kinda hoping that they would show the video but they never did. that guy scares me. when they were interviewing him i swore he was gonna hop over the table and take a bit out that guys face or something. very interesting documentry tho

steve shadows
02-21-2008, 10:21 AM
It's like the US is turning into the Soviet Union 10 years before it collapsed

S13SilviaGirl
02-21-2008, 10:47 AM
holy crap...they havent had anything like this happen in a long freakin time! Poor baby, I hope she is ok.

jackjack
02-21-2008, 11:58 AM
creeps me out................:eek:

LongGrain
02-21-2008, 12:12 PM
scary as fuck, i'm glad i live in WI, ive never even seen a rat in person.

Tops*
02-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Me neither. I've only seen a few little mice. If I ever see a rat, I'm running away like a little girl.

Farzam
02-25-2008, 02:27 PM
"So, how'd that happen?"
"...A rat attack..."
"No really..."
"Yeah, really"