PDA

View Full Version : 1992 240sx hatchback AWESOME CAR!

BBSHT240
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
This is my personal street car I have decided sell. Why am I selling it? In all honesty I really don’t need a car of this caliber for the street and I don’t really have time to enjoy it at local events due to my schedule. Pretty much it’s just a sweet car that sits at the house begging to be abused and I would like to see someone answer its wishes. This car can be seen in the latest Option DVD or here http://www.heavy.com/video/35329

Here is the full story of this car. I bought this from a good friend of mine that just couldn’t afford to do everything he wanted to do to it and had to get rid of it. I decided to build a sweet street/practice car that pretty much replicated my first competition S13 setup except a hatch. Why replicate my first competition car? Because it was reliable (no broken transmissions or axles) and worked awesome in general. So to make a long story short. I got the car slapped an origin “stylish” aero kit on it, Fiberglass front fenders, Rolled the rear fenders and painted it 2002 Dodge ram charcoal grey, Installed all adjustable suspension and tension arms, Buddy Club coilovers, Tien Tie rods and spacers, and welded the diff. Pretty much the car only needs a cage and a real diff and it’s ready for semi pro competition (great car for NOPI or something similar).

The engine is a Built Srt20det. The engine was Built and balanced by Ma-Motorsports and AHM machine shop in Baltimore Maryland. It has Cp pistons, Greddy 264 stage 2 cams, greddy Intake Manifold, Garrett GT 2871 Turbo with .64 Exhaust housing for amazing no lag throttle response, Greddy valve springs and retainers, Apex-i Metal head gasket ACL racing bearings, The engine was completely rebuilt with all brand new parts except the rods. The engine made 294 HP at 16 psi on a Dyno Dynamics dyno on the very safe Rom tune. You can run this tune up to 20psi on pump gas with this tune. This car could very easily make a reliable 400HP with a good custom tune on it with a stand alone. This engine has less then 3500 miles on it and only 4 Drift Practice days. In all seriousness and honesty it is a bulletproof and pretty much brand new motor and without a doubt has a ton of life left in it. All you have to do is change the oil religiously and continue to have fun with it!!! There is easily over $8000 in just the engine alone.

As you can see the car had a ton of vinyl on it. I used this car in a demo with the rest of the Drift Alliance crew in Canada the August 17th and 18th 2007. At the time the car had a stock motor with a few upgrades in it which I blew during that demo. It is much more powerful now. Also as you can see the rear right quarter and bumper has a bit of damage. Me and Ryan Tuerck kissed each other in Canada. This auction includes a set of unpainted Origin rear over fenders and the bumper can be fixed by any body shop relatively cheap The buyer can choose to repair the wrinkles on the fender or toss the over fenders on.

Other then all of the above here is a full list of the good and bad to sum it up.

THE BAD:
Cracked front left fender (current ziptie stitches)
Exhaust is currently straight pipe. Sounds sweet but probably a bit to loud for the street depending where you live. I have a brand new JIC exhaust that is much quieter that will come with the car if the buyer wants.
Rear right quarter panel is pretty wrinkled. (Unpainted origin over fenders included)
Rear bumper needs fiberglass repair
The dash is cracked in a couple places
The front bumper has some minor damage on the bottom. Covered with black tape
The Engine idles rough due to the size of the injectors and the rom tune. ONLY the idle is affected. It Drives very smooth and like a maniac when you give it throttle.
There are a few minor rust spots on the under carriage but overall the chassis is good
Small piece of paint is missing on the hood

THE GOOD
Built Sr20DET was just installed less then 3500 daily driven miles and 4 practice days on it.
850cc injectors
Greddy FMIC
Z32 MAf
Enthalpy rom tune (pump gas car made 294 hp at 16psi a very safe place to run the car)
Koyo radiator
Setrab oil cooler
Greddy oil relocation kit
Stainless brake lines
Project mu D1 spec rear brake pads
5 lug conversion
Buddy Club D1 spec coilovers (the car works very good and gets great forward bite)
Battle version tension rods
Complete SPL rear suspension arms
Buddy Club Racing seat’s (amazing seats!)
S14 passenger and rear seats
Sparco harnesses
Greddy Profec B Boost Controller
MP3\CD player
HKS BOV
Exedy Stage Two 3 puck Clutch (very fresh)
Sparco steering wheel with Quick release and extension
Seibon Fiberglass hood

Wheels and tires
QTY 6 17x9 +20 Falken Hanabis with New Falken FK 452’s (AWESOME!!!!)

Recommendations I have for the new owner. To finish the things I started.
Replace the dash with an uncracked one.
Install Water temp, EGT and Oil Pressure gauges
Mount the Boost controller somewhere (currently it sits under the radio)
Roll cage
Install origin clear front turn signals (included)

FINAL NOTE!

This is a great car that is super reliable ready to be driven and is ready to offer a ton of fun to a new owner. A little bit of love and time I don’t have will make this thing amazing. Please make sure you understand this is a fast car that is well setup and should not be purchased for a first car for a 16 year old unless he has prior experience with a car of this caliber. The car currently has a welded differential in it that is not recommended for street use I can sell the car with a stock diff should the buyer want one.

Currently the car is on Ebay with a buy it now of $12,000. I will accept resonable offers. It is a great car!
located in maryland.
search ebay for more pics or email me.

email me at [email protected] for pictures or with any questions.