PDA

View Full Version : uhh...taxes...

KiLLeR2001
02-15-2008, 12:56 PM
WHY THE FUCK DO I OWE $104! FUCK YOU GOVERNMENT!

lol and to think, I had some things planned out for my car to buy with my tax money... *sigh* :wtf:

kdashy
02-15-2008, 12:58 PM

lol and to think, I had some things planned out for my car to buy with my tax money... *sigh* :wtf:

Maybe you should fire the guy who did your taxes.

I do freelance work, so I don't pay taxes until now.

So I owe a grip of money.

jackjack
02-15-2008, 01:00 PM

:bowrofl:

werd.

articdragon192
02-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Claim 0. It gets more taxes out per paycheck, but you don't have to worry much about having to owe money once taxes roll by.

ryguy
02-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Or dont pay it. The IRS is an unconstitutional government body with no legal authority to take your money.

pbcstylez
02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
go buy a house and get it back than and stop whining

kdashy
02-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Claim 0. It gets more taxes out per paycheck, but you don't have to worry much about having to owe money once taxes roll by.

Yeah but claiming 0 is like giving a big fat interest fee loan to the government.

Or dont pay it. The IRS is an unconstitutional government body with no legal authority to take your money.

Uh, ok. Listen to this guys advice and you can enjoy the benefits of:

Frozen bank accounts.
Seizure of property.
People calling you day and night.
Having your drivers license and any other license revoked.

Nobody cares what your interpretation of the constitution is, you go to any court with that argument and you'll be seeing jail in no time.

duffman1278
02-15-2008, 01:52 PM

I need the government to fix the roads I drive on, and all the other benefits that come from taxes. I'm pretty sure most need them as well.

SlideWell
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM
thanks for reminding me. i just filed for free online =)
"FICA, who the fuck is FICA?!?! and why are they taking all my money?!?!" haha good times

revat619
02-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I just did mine online.

I owe the state of CA 16 dollars. yeah, SIXTEEN. I dunno how that worked out, but i thought it was funny.

Yuri
02-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Enjoy the pleasure of owing $104.
Last year I had to pay $2800.

Farzam
02-15-2008, 02:49 PM
I get money beeyotch!

Edit: I lied. I owe $2094.42

That's a lie too. My taxes ain't yo biznisssss.

SiI40sx
02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
People who pay taxes = single ballers with no assests doing standardized deductions

People who get money back from taxes = 240sx owners

nuff said

Phlip
02-15-2008, 04:13 PM
To the OP; it could be worse, you're in Florida...
Look at all you DIDN'T pay in state income tax over the course of the year.
Tax time is time to settle up with the government, and in a perfect world, you'd be paying or getting nothing every year.

KA24DESOneThree
02-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Fuck your income taxes.

SS/Medicare: Mostly payroll.
Education: Mostly local.
Highways/transit: Federal gas tax.
Judicial sytem: Mostly property.

We're paying high taxes and because of the housing market right now, they're going to be laying off cops. Fair? Ha.

Can you opt out of paying taxes? Nope. If you walk everywhere, don't utilize any public services, etc., you STILL pay taxes.

When you're 16 and working, you pay taxes. When you're 17 and working, you pay taxes. Can you vote? No. What was one of our original grievances against the Crown? "No taxation without representation."

This country is screwed and we pretend it's all peachy-keen.

Helghast
02-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Too bad No-name-Joe-blow can't fight the gov't on this Income tax bullshit.

so be a nice American and pay yo' taxes.

..reminds me to file mine.

BustedS13
02-15-2008, 04:41 PM
I need the government to fix the roads I drive on, and all the other benefits that come from taxes. I'm pretty sure most need them as well.

thanks for not being an idiot. greedy morons are the bane of this country.
"don't pay taxes". shut the fuck up.

op: did you pay somebody to do your taxes or do them yourself? might want to recheck your paperwork :/

DrtyRat
02-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I triple dog dare you not to pay taxes, and then watch how the "unconstitutional government body" siezes your assets/freezes your bank accounts, etc. Seriously, I dare you.

speedgod^s13
02-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Before I got my current job, I didn't pay my taxes for over 4-5 years. I still got a 300 dollar refund!!! This year, i'm getting back 800 something. I was complaining on how little it was, but after reading this thread, i'm just going to stfu. What I don't understand is this: I worked a lot of overtime, so they took out a shitload more than usual. But then, when it's time to get my refund, I don't get back that much. The reasoning is because I made more money, than last year. But, they took out more this year than last. Doesn't make any sense to me.

KiLLeR2001
02-15-2008, 06:24 PM
thanks for not being an idiot. greedy morons are the bane of this country.
"don't pay taxes". shut the fuck up.

op: did you pay somebody to do your taxes or do them yourself? might want to recheck your paperwork :/

I did them myself, but I checked over everything three times. Last year I only got like $55 back and I was sorta expecting the same outcome this year but I was tricked!

Oh well, poor car is going to have to put up with the SMIC a little longer. :\

Phlip
02-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Before I got my current job, I didn't pay my taxes for over 4-5 years. I still got a 300 dollar refund!!! This year, i'm getting back 800 something. I was complaining on how little it was, but after reading this thread, i'm just going to stfu. What I don't understand is this: I worked a lot of overtime, so they took out a shitload more than usual. But then, when it's time to get my refund, I don't get back that much. The reasoning is because I made more money, than last year. But, they took out more this year than last. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I STRONGLY suggest you keep your paperwork (old W2 and shit) close by and be ready to file that shit, since they can and will send you a nice letter DEMANDING that you do it, or they'll offer to do it for you with none of the exceptions you're legally allowed, which basically guarantees that it will cost you money. They can and will hold refunds until past years are settled, they can and do wait up until the 7 years that the shit remains in their system.

... don't ask me how I accidentally found out the hard way.

theronin
02-15-2008, 07:52 PM
im getting back 2.2k!!! woot.

speedgod^s13
02-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I STRONGLY suggest you keep your paperwork (old W2 and shit) close by and be ready to file that shit, since they can and will send you a nice letter DEMANDING that you do it, or they'll offer to do it for you with none of the exceptions you're legally allowed, which basically guarantees that it will cost you money. They can and will hold refunds until past years are settled, they can and do wait up until the 7 years that the shit remains in their system.

....I already did bro. That's how I got my first 300 dollar refund.

silviaguy240
02-15-2008, 10:22 PM
got $3 (yes THREEEEEEE) from the state and getting $22 from the feds....

drift freaq
02-15-2008, 10:35 PM

after ten years if they have not collected whatever you owe them it hits a statue of limitations and it gets wiped away. Yes wiped away. Though I should say, this should not encourage you in anyway to wait ten years to eliminate a tax debt. During the years leading up to it, they can and will do anything nescessary to collect unless them deem you to fall into the uncollectable catagory which does exist.
and as phlips last sentence says ....don't ask me how I accidentally found out the hard way as well.

So in other words pay your taxes, if you don't like the current tax system, write your senators to lobby for a flat sales tax system. Then you will save more and only pay taxes when you purchase stuff. Which would actually encourage people to purchase more, because their income would not be being taxed.

ryguy
02-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Last year I got back 300 from federal and owed the State of Indiana ONE dollar. Yeah, I wrote them a check for a dollar.

Not saying its a smart thing to not pay, but just putting it out there that its an illegal tax. Not a lot of people know this, its something you should know. We don't even need the IRS, it accounts for less than one third of the money that the federal government runs on. It doesnt go to any public services, that is mostly the state. The money collected by the IRS does not go to for roads (thats the gasoline tax,) and it sure as hell does not go to fund public services and utilites. You can't tell me that we can't afford to eliminate less than a third of the pork in government.

KA24DESOneThree
02-16-2008, 11:27 AM
$29 billion in pork in 2006.

Do we really need to spend $1.3 million on berry research? $22 million on the Maui Space Surveillance System?