PDA

View Full Version : Proflowers.com SUCKS

ka24et
02-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Ordered two dozen roses with an upgraded vase for my wife this Valentines day. Kinda pricey but I figured it would be nice for my wife to receive a surprise while I'm at work.

I had arranged to send the flowers a day early (Wed). Wednesday comes and goes... no flowers.

Valentines day, I figure they will arrive first thing in the morning... then night arrives... no flowers.

Wife is pissed. I had to show her the online receipt to prove I didn't forget Valentine's day. I am pissed. As of now, nothing except an email from proflowers saying that the shipment will be delayed and that I get a coupon for free shipping for the next order. haha what a joke.

Never order from PROFLOWERS.COM!

[/rant]

jackjack
02-15-2008, 12:20 PM
wow man that (or i should say they) SUCK. i remember the guy at the flower shop (one i go to) tellling me they hire 40 (yes 4 0) extra drivers for the 13, 14, and 15. some people actually want the day before, or the day after. thats how crazy it gets....... big shop as you can imagine. but yeah, i'd be pissed too.

rubelcon
02-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Damn u got jacked. I ordered the same thing for delivery on the 14th.. they were delivered a day early on the 13th.. (atleast she got her flowers though..)

I called them to complain and ask just for a shipping refund, the lady glady refunded me for the entire purchase!

02-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Never buy things that die in a week.

B18C5MK1
02-15-2008, 12:34 PM
doy.

you shoulda used 1800flowers.com

SimpleS14
02-15-2008, 12:39 PM
damn that sux

Next time buy her something small and simple.....from Godiva.com

azndoc
02-15-2008, 01:18 PM
doy.

Yup that's what I use. Have been using them for a while now.

ayuaddict
02-15-2008, 04:15 PM
www.splparts.com

...maybe thats why im single...

HyperTek
02-15-2008, 04:37 PM
^^ lol

what girl doesnt like suspension links? The S13 ruca is a braclet to wear on her arm! lol

DUFFM4N
02-15-2008, 04:43 PM
yeah 1-800flowers.com worked amazing, they offered a delivery for the 14th at no extra charge on shipping, they arrived at 10:30am on the 14th

A Spec Products
02-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Damn u got jacked. I ordered the same thing for delivery on the 14th.. they were delivered a day early on the 13th.. (atleast she got her flowers though..)

I called them to complain and ask just for a shipping refund, the lady glady refunded me for the entire purchase!

Something like that happened to me

Totally spoiled a surprise I was planning, etc

I wasn't mad though, but just bummed since didn't go as planned...I think they refunded it or did something to make up for it

Since they know that flowers are typically for special occasions, paying attention to the delivery date is crucial, especially for surprises, etc

Oh well, life goes on

That's why as much as possible I try to buy flowers in person if necessary

Plus too you get to see instant gratification, rather than a thank you phone call, etc

Only thing you get from sending flowers to her work is brownie points from her friends, and she gets attention from them

eastcoastS14
02-15-2008, 05:13 PM
use the cupon and get your wife roses now and deliver them yourself to her work....make sure as many of her female coworkers see you doing it as possible.

Howard92884
02-15-2008, 06:25 PM
doy.

+1 I always use them, gets there on time, everytime.

unwed_transient
02-15-2008, 07:24 PM

same deal. except i had another bouquet sent and got my shipping fees back.

Pepperoni
02-15-2008, 08:01 PM
A lot of people got screwed from Proflowers, check out slickdeals
I'd post the links but theres at least 4 threads in the Hot Deals section about it

SW20Racer
02-15-2008, 08:14 PM
sucks that they fucked you like that, but what ever happened to driving yourself to the store and buying something with cash?

unwed_transient
02-16-2008, 12:08 AM
sucks that they fucked you like that, but what ever happened to driving yourself to the store and buying something with cash?

too complicated. i push a few button and click the mouse a few times and BAM!, guaranteed lay.

SW20Racer
02-16-2008, 12:22 AM
thats cool, im just not a fan of online shopping (electronic money for that matter) i carry cash. i dont own an atm/debit/credit card/check book and i plan to keep it that way.

to me, if i needed a guaranteed lay, i would cruise my ass down to the local florist a couple days early and purchase the flowers. then swing by on feb 14th on my lunch break pick them up and drop them off myself. there's just something really comforting about being able to touch what im buying. sometimes covenience isnt the way to go...ever hear the song "in the year 9595"??

hotlavaflow
02-16-2008, 01:37 AM
FTD did the same thing to me no flowers. I'm trying to get my money back because what's the point after V-day?

okis14
02-16-2008, 02:15 AM
doy.

I tried using them once for my anniversary and they were a day late. Just like the OP I had to prove to the wife that I didn't forget.

I'm just sticking with the old fashion way and get it myself. Extra bonus points that way.

Suckmycack
02-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Buying and delivering flowers yourself ftw. I mean seriously. Wouldn't it be a lot better if you delivered the flowers yourself? Not some random guy she doesn't know.

Antihero983
02-16-2008, 02:26 AM
hmm...weird, my datsun didnt complain when its timing chain kit showed up after V-day.....

but the gf did when she found out i bought that instead of something for her bday which was saturday....

thank god me and her both hate V-Day.

aziankingz
02-16-2008, 02:32 AM
i just used proflowers to deliver flowers to my gf's work place and didnt have any issues. i've used them twice with no problems..maybe i should try 1800 flowers next time..freaking proflowers charged $10 extra just to be delivered on vday!

nastynate805
02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
shitty i used proflowers this year to get my wife flowers everything came as it should and on time. i'll be using em again next year. sorry to hear about your misfortune with em.

Nismo2Forty
02-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Yea dude, they have been the best one i've used.... no problems. Pricey but the wifey even said the flowers were amazing compared to other places.

SHIFT_*grind*
02-25-2008, 01:17 PM
That fuckin sucks.

I prefer the flowers-in-person thing as well, but I had zero option this year since I was in NY on business - or traveling to/from - from 5:30AM until 10PM. Way to pick V-Day for the annual meeting, dickheads, I bet you're all lonely and sad.

Anyway, I sent a Build-A-Bear to her at work, and then showed up at home with flowers at 10PM. Better late than never :)

Frosty_spl
02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
I was paranoid about that happening to me, so I called a local place.

I sent a lady friend a dozen red and white daisies, and sent her single roomates 1 yellow daisy each.

Her roomates love me, and hopefully they will do the rest.:)

Frosty_spl
02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Buying and delivering flowers yourself ftw. I mean seriously. Wouldn't it be a lot better if you delivered the flowers yourself? Not some random guy she doesn't know.

I thought the same thing, but girls like it when you go the extra mile to surprise them.:bigok:

jeeper_x
02-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Never buy things that die in a week.

love?.........:)

xxbadnewzxx
02-25-2008, 06:59 PM
me i would never order online, especially flowers....just because i work at fedex and i see all the boxes getting tossed around....:down:

PITCH
02-25-2008, 07:07 PM
FTD did the same thing to me no flowers. I'm trying to get my money back because what's the point after V-day?

Same with me!

cxlo8331
02-25-2008, 07:08 PM
yep they suck.

my co-worker got hers on monday the 10th. her husband paid fot guanteed delivery on the 13-14. extra 14 bucks. her flowers were wilted and almost dead.

i ordered the two dozen w/ upgraded vase. flowers got delivered, but vase was broken. wife call me and tells me what happened. i'm like wtf, thats not right. called to complain. i wanted my money back for the vase, or ship another vase at least. they told me they would send another bouquet the next day. cool i guess. my wife got a surprise bouquet on friday. nice surprise for her.

told my co-worker to complain, her husband got a refund on the shipping, and she got a new bouquet delivered too. so she was happy.

but yeah, 1800flowers is better.

KiDyNomiTe
02-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Fuck flowers, www.ediblearrangements.com

Get the shit with chocolate strawberries, girls love flowers and chocalate, put it together, and keep her healthy...

theicecreamdan
02-26-2008, 10:27 AM
wow man that (or i should say they) SUCK. i remember the guy at the flower shop (one i go to) tellling me they hire 40 (yes 4 0) extra drivers for the 13, 14, and 15. some people actually want the day before, or the day after. thats how crazy it gets....... big shop as you can imagine. but yeah, i'd be pissed too.

I was a driver for a flowershop on Valentine's day last year, just a small shop like where I worked hired like 15 drivers.