PDA

View Full Version : Cop has to pay $18,000 for arresting firefighter (video)

PhilVia
02-15-2008, 02:08 AM
02-14-2008 Hazelwood
A police officer in Hazelwood will have to pay $18,000 dollars for getting into it with a firefighter while he was trying to help an accident victim.

His attorney says he's disappointed and that his client's conduct was not malicious in any way.

Police dash cam video shows the Hazelwood police officer arresting a fire captain while he's trying to move an injured driver.

It happened on Interstate 270 back in May of 2003.

Officer Todd Greeves wanted a fire truck moved to open up another lane of traffic.

The Robertson Fire Protection District Captain wanted the truck there to protect emergency workers.

video link

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=233_1203031330

SlideWell
02-15-2008, 02:14 AM
unfuckingbelievable...thats all i have to say

DoriftoPnoy
02-15-2008, 02:34 AM
lol so the tape was in 2003, and it didn't process til today? wonder why...

But i'd side with the fireman's reasoning to keep the truck there to protect them.

PF ALL DAY
02-15-2008, 02:47 AM
wow, what a dick.

i wish you could hear the conversation..

officer - "you need to move your blocking traffic."
fireman - "we need the room to take the victim to the hospital!"
officer - "i don't like your tone. your arrested for blocking traffic."
fireman - :wtf:

D1GP
02-15-2008, 02:51 AM
that is messed although the cop does kinda look like this worthless fat fuck.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/chris_the_kil/farva.jpg

blackalicious95
02-15-2008, 03:19 AM
fire and police get into it a lot over the blocking of lanes. I am a firefighter and my station is right off of I5 and hwy 198 so we respond to tons of accidents, and the CHP never wants to close the lanes for us. I mean I understand that they have their protocols but they need to understand that its hard to pull a body out of a car when there is and suv flying by at 70 in the lane six feet from you

ALTRNTV
02-15-2008, 04:44 AM
I'm with the firefighter with this one. Even though it may be protocol
to move the truck, he has to change that and think of the injured people/victims.

kandyflip445
02-15-2008, 06:36 AM
That's probably the only time I've seen a cop NOT want to block traffic. LOL Everytime I see a wreck or even pull someone over they're blocking traffic of AT LEAST one lane. When (in a non-accident) they could ask the person to move on to a side street. ><

SimpleS14
02-15-2008, 06:41 AM
wow...that is the first time I've seen or heard of a cop doing that. I always thought firefighters and police get along really well...but I guess thats what it seemed like when I was a kid.

mayco_86
02-15-2008, 08:11 AM
Lol the fire fighter seem like he wanted to fight the cop. I would had blasted him with the water hose.

98s14inaz
02-15-2008, 08:15 AM
lol so the tape was in 2003, and it didn't process til today? wonder why...

But i'd side with the fireman's reasoning to keep the truck there to protect them.

I'm with the fireman on that one. We all hate being stuck behind an accident but the workers put their lives on the line every day. I respect that. Fnck the police :fawkd:

Farzam
02-15-2008, 08:31 AM
fire and police get into it a lot over the blocking of lanes. I am a firefighter and my station is right off of I5 and hwy 198 so we respond to tons of accidents, and the CHP never wants to close the lanes for us. I mean I understand that they have their protocols but they need to understand that its hard to pull a body out of a car when there is and suv flying by at 70 in the lane six feet from you

If that's really true, write letters to congress and other people you represent you meng!

Gnnr
02-15-2008, 09:00 AM
When (in a non-accident) they could ask the person to move on to a side street. ><

Yeah, always a good idea to stay as far away from traffic as possible. Check this video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7735831250376976803

exitspeed
02-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Cops actions piss me off all the time (watch the Milwaukee news for a bit and you'll understand). This doesn't surprise me.

98koukile
02-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Why would you honestly arrest a firefighter while he's doing his job, sounds like a power trip to me, my uncle would honestly end that guys career for trying to shit to him. Fire Captains pull a lot more weight in a town than any LEO

jackjack
02-15-2008, 10:25 AM
i seriously do not understand how some of these people have jobs.

S14DB
02-15-2008, 10:28 AM
The Robertson Fire Protection District Captain wanted the truck there to protect emergency workers.
I have seen tons of videos of rescue workers getting hit by cars. Shutting down the lane was perfectly reasonable. Does anyone know if this cop still has his job? Don't think messing with a District Captain is a wise career choice.

As far as Cops and Firefighters getting along. My first career was as an EMT working towards my Paramedic. There is an element of cops that are pathological. They really played to much cops and robbers as a kid and could have been a criminal. Their mindsets seem to be almost the same. Not to say all cops are bad. There is just an element of "supercop" or "training day" cops that ruin it for the rest.
Cops at an accident scene just want to get traffic or the such back to normal and don't care if they leave in a ambulance or a body bag. This is where you get the pathological ones acting like they are ready to arrest someone when no crimes have been committed. Just to show their dominance.

Worst case I had was a vet that was having flashbacks from 'nam. The paramedic thought he was off his medication so we were taking him to the hospital. The officer decided to follow us for our safety. Every time this guy would freak out and sit up from the stretcher the cop would flash his lights pull us over and open the back saying he was going to take him to jail. This happened about 3 times on the way there. It took us about 3x the time to get to the hospital.

Same paramedic had her head split open by a cop trying to arrest the guy she was treating cause he was mouthing off to the cop. This observantly ended up in the firefighters on scene taking the cop behind the pumper and returning the favor. Cop lost his job but just missed charges cause it was "accidental" cause he was trying to arrest the guy.

Long story short, Cops and Firefighters don't usually get along.

FaLKoN240
02-15-2008, 12:08 PM
All I have to say is,

You'll never hear people say, "Awww SHIT! The fire department is here."

Can't say the same for the police.

powersteeringless180sx
02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
All I have to say is,

You'll never hear people say, "Awww SHIT! The fire department is here."

Can't say the same for the police.

i agree you'll never hear anybody bad mouthing firefighters. but everyone's got something negative to say about cops.

eastcoastS14
02-15-2008, 11:45 PM
lol is that video sped up at all? cause if not it took less than 1minute for the truck to show up and the cop to arrest him

89singlecamnoob
02-16-2008, 01:08 AM
i did the volunteer fire thing for about 18 months before i figured out i didn't really want to do it any more (even got my EMT Basic cert)...but yeah, i can't side with the cop on this one, and i tend to be rather fond of law enforcement (lots of cops in my family, including my dad)...

good cops = a good thing, good for community and shit...

cop on a power trip = baaaaaaad

fliprayzin240sx
02-16-2008, 03:46 AM
Well, I agree that the cop didnt have to arrest the fire marshall but honestly, I think they could have moved the fire truck. THe placement of the squad car is far out enough that it pretty much covered the slow lane. If the fire marshall still doesnt think thats enough, move the firetruck behind the squad car. If the truck gets hit, I dont think its gonna budge or move to fuck anything up in front of it including the paramedics/fire fighters.

azndummie
02-16-2008, 03:52 AM
what a power trip

PF ALL DAY
02-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Well, I agree that the cop didnt have to arrest the fire marshall but honestly, I think they could have moved the fire truck. THe placement of the squad car is far out enough that it pretty much covered the slow lane. If the fire marshall still doesnt think thats enough, move the firetruck behind the squad car. If the truck gets hit, I dont think its gonna budge or move to fuck anything up in front of it including the paramedics/fire fighters.
true that. i guess either way they both could have done better. but it didn't seem like the cop even gave him any time to think.