PDA

View Full Version : So Cal 240 owners I need help....

Mr. Samurai
02-14-2008, 10:18 PM
deleted, old thread

gripstr
02-14-2008, 10:29 PM
From what they offered you, i assume its a 95 & up?

Can you provide us details about the car?

Any heavy mods? Engine, suspension etc etc

And then we can give you a fair opinion.

s13gold
02-14-2008, 10:31 PM
yeah more details about your car.

then we can justify the 5 grand.

r6_240sx
02-14-2008, 10:33 PM
If you think ur car is worth a lot more do not let them give u KBB value of ur car.

Have them use comparative values when determining how much its worth. Start doing some research and go find prices of what ur car normally sells for and try to find one that is similar in condition as urs. If its a 240 let them know how great of a demand a 240 is (b/c its a RWD compact car [rare]) and how it doesn't sell for KBB value. It also helps if u have receipts of what u have bought for ur car.

Good luck.

zilvia_brothers
02-14-2008, 10:39 PM
yea i went through a similar situation. my car got stolen and basically said it was totaled because the damages were too much and went over their "value" of the car. The damages were a blown motor, slight body damage, and a stolen intake. Basically the insurance qouted me $3500 worth of damages and the blue book value of the car was pretty close to the damages so they decided it was a total loss and also i spent about 3500 on the car so i was just getting back how much money i put into the car. But they gave me that option to buy back the car but if buying the car back they would only give me 1500 or so and the car having a salvage title. So i made the decision of just them towing the car to the junk yard. but before towing it i tried parting it out in a short period of time so by the time they towed it the car had a cf hood, jdm headlights and the motor. i managed to get my rims though. But be careful taking stuff out from their car since once u make that decision of totaling the car its the insurance's property. How i managed through this loop hole my car was at my friends shop and they let me take the stuff out of my car but i have to replace back to either oem or just another part. I couldnt take my hood since i couldnt find anyone that wanted to buy it so i left it there but the rims i swapped it with some donuts.

sorry for the long story but yea if anything just try to part it out and let the insurance just take the car since either way ur not going to make your money back

Mr. Samurai
02-14-2008, 10:47 PM
here are the mods i've done to the car so far

Tein drift spec coil overs
Volk TE37's
battle version rods ALL of them
Battle version control arms front and rear
Seibon carbon fiber trunk
Seibon carbon fiber hood
Seibon carbon fiber door
jdm oem Kouki front end (bought from justin from Metro Nissa NEW a few months back)
Recaro Buckets and sliders and bracket
JDM aftermarket LED kouki tailights
z32 front and rear brakes with the matching brake master cylinder
stainless steel braided lines
5 lug conversion

parts stolen:
Eclipse AVN 5510 Sat-Nav
Nardi Sport type A steering wheel
NRG ver. 2 quick release

car before it was stolen was Clean titled and has only 75,000 miles, NO accidents, NO dents

aside from the front end the paint was immaculate and i was planning to paint the chassis....

I was talking to my friend and he said if could find the stock parts i could convert it back and just get a rolling chassis. what would you guys do?

r6_240sx
02-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Damn 75k?! Go see and find out for sure if u can do that, cuz I highly doubt u'll be able to find another 240 with only 75k for less than 10gs nowadays.

I would personally try to recover ur car back. That's ghey how they would say its a total loss, WTF.

Mr. Samurai
02-14-2008, 10:56 PM
I'm so frustrated because the guy quoted me the price of the car vs the damage said the parts installed didn't add any value to the car, so 5200 was the most I could get. any help/ ideas?

gripstr
02-14-2008, 11:18 PM
Yup thats quite a tight spot your in.

Two things you can do at this moment.

1. Call it a day, Considering that you put so much investment in this car which the insurance company wont reimburse. With this option, just take some serious future steps to prevent this kind of damage.

2. Take the $5200 and Part out everything that you have put in the car as far aftermarket mods go. This will require alot of time and of course OEM parts to be present. You can either sell those parts or just dump them on a future car later on.

IMO, i'd go with option 1 LOL

Mr. Samurai
02-14-2008, 11:32 PM
I can't part anything, if i take the 5200 the insurance company tow the car and I can't get anything back. If i call it a day i'm still screwed, i can't drive the car since the ignition is messed up and the window is broken. I don't even care about the sat nav radio they took i just wanted them to fix the damage to my car; but i feel like im getting screwed over by the insurance company because either way i choose i'm losing money. I'm looking for oem parts regardless of condition and putting the car back in stock form so i can get another s14 shell and install it in...

vvtisupra
02-15-2008, 12:51 AM
do you have geiko insurance. Take them to court. They usually settle.

drift freaq
02-15-2008, 01:28 AM
by law if they total your car you have first right at buying it back at a Salvage price. They cannot deny that. They are going to sell it a Insurance salvage auction anyways. You need to call them and tell them you want to buy the car back. When my car was totalled they were going to give me $4300 straight up. I said no I want the car back they gave me $3100 and they car. I parted it and came up with over 5k due to the parts I had put on it. All I had in the care was $4300. I was just not going to let them send those parts to the junkyard.

Mr. Samurai
02-15-2008, 04:19 AM
is it the same with a theft? Do i still have the option of buying back with theft/vandalism case or are they just screwing me over and saying that they can't let me buy it back because of it wasn't an accident?

Mr. Samurai
02-15-2008, 04:38 AM
I was wondering what would happened if i just stripped the parts from the car that i wanted and not replace them, what would happen? can i even do that or will i get in trouble? insurance wont let me buy back the car and i'm NOT going to let them take my parts away i've spent close to 10G's on parts. The 5200 dollar check doesnt even come close to what i've spent on parts. The car is at my house and i havent touched it since...... anybody got any info in this?

r6_240sx
02-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Sounds like they're screwing you over.

HWYKING
02-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I can't part anything, if i take the 5200 the insurance company tow the car and I can't get anything back. If i call it a day i'm still screwed, i can't drive the car since the ignition is messed up and the window is broken. I don't even care about the sat nav radio they took i just wanted them to fix the damage to my car; but i feel like im getting screwed over by the insurance company because either way i choose i'm losing money. I'm looking for oem parts regardless of condition and putting the car back in stock form so i can get another s14 shell and install it in...

hey bro, sorry to hear of your situation, if the car only needs a window and igntion, id just replace the 2, if you need a reputable shop to assist you give my buddy Mehdi a call, his shops name is TWINS AUTOBODY 818-908-1629. give him a call and let him know your situation and if see if theres anything you can do to help your situation. let him know Randy sent you. good luck

Mr. Samurai
02-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Well if anybody cares this is the situation, i can't buy the car back, and they ARE GOING to tow it. So i'm scrambling to replace the parts with stock parts if anybody has anything, regardless of condition i'll take it.... if anybody has the any of these parts in SoCal please let me know.... thx...

oem front end
oem trunk
oem seats
oem exhaust
oem brakes...

this really sucks...

zilvia_brothers
02-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Well if anybody cares this is the situation, i can't buy the car back, and they ARE GOING to tow it. So i'm scrambling to replace the parts with stock parts if anybody has anything, regardless of condition i'll take it.... if anybody has the any of these parts in SoCal please let me know.... thx...

oem front end
oem trunk
oem seats
oem exhaust
oem brakes...

this really sucks...

that sux that they didnt give u that option

how many days do u have til they tow it?

Mr. Samurai
02-16-2008, 02:24 AM
i have till next friday till they tow it so, I doubt I'll get all the parts listed, but i'm just hoping i can get most of it swapped out in time... =/

EDacIouSX
02-16-2008, 02:27 AM
yea man just take the loss... if uyou do option 2 you'll have a record on the c ar and you cant get it back... just keep it and call it a loss... get better protection too.+ park it in a safer area if possible

Mr. Samurai
02-16-2008, 02:38 AM
I don't really have much of an option is already a total loss, they are towing regardless but i'm scrambling to replace the parts with the oem. They're taking my car sometime next week so I'm scrambling to get the parts replaced before they do that.... I don't think anyone really understands my situation.

zilvia_brothers
02-16-2008, 11:56 AM
if anything u can just take out ur parts and let them tow it without the spare parts because from wut i heard its going straight to the junkyard and insurance wont be seeing the car since they took their estimates already (this is from what ive been told). Also if ur in that tight dilema take a trip to a junk yard and get as much oem parts, yea u'll have to spend money on oem parts but when u sell ur aftermarket parts u'll get it right back. dont worry man ive been in that situation...but i only had 3 days to switch the parts to oem so the only part i sold was my armrest

TravisSW
02-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Fuck 'em, just start pulling shit off and let em tow it away without a ton of your parts. What they're doing isn't legal. As Dave said, you have the right to buy back your car.

Do you enjoy getting fucked in the ass with no lubricant? Well, that's what your insurance is doing to you right now...

True, if they say shit about missing parts. Say the car got jacked again.

articdragon192
02-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Just pull what you can off it. forget about replacing the parts you took off. They are your personal parts. Screw them over the way they are screwing you over. Give them a shell and nothing less. A car can be towed without wheels. I should know. My car was taken away with the whole front suspension completely gone and only two rear steelies.

carbonx240
02-16-2008, 10:55 PM
My car got broken into a few weeks ago. They stole the radio, messed up the ignition and broke the window. I went through my insurance and after a few weeks of them bs'ing around they said the damage was too much, and it would be a total loss. I knew from the beginning that it might be a loss so I've asked them since the beginning if i was able to buy the car back and use the money to repair the damaged items. They said yes, but come to find out they said that I wouldn't be able to keep the car because they said they don't allow it in my case since it was a vandalism. Quite frankly pissed off because i thought I was able to keep my car, but they said no. So I'm left with either letting them tow my car and getting a check for 5200 dollars or withdrawing my claim. I'm really frustrated because I've put in waaay more than 5200 into the car so if they take my car i would actually be losing money.
Either way I'm getting screwed by my insurance company; so I'm looking for advice, if anyone has been through the same situation as me... thx, much appreciated...
i have an oem 93 hb susp.u can get it for free if u want.i was selling it for 50 but that wont make me richer.
pm me if u want it.
good luck with all this s.......karma will hit those thieves.cause insurance companies are worst than a thief.

Mr. Samurai
02-17-2008, 03:33 AM
i've already stripped the car of my personal parts, but i'm still lookin for the oem parts. I pm'ed the guy i sold my front end, seats, and trunk lid to; hoping i can rebuy my stock parts, but i doubt he'll sell it to me for the price i sold it to him for (700$ for everything since he was in a bind i thought i'd help him out), but i'm hoping he'll say yes that way i can just get everything all at one. I'm picking up the suspension already from a guy in irvine for 50 bucks.

I'm still looking for the front end, exhaust, trunk lid, and seats. I wont be able to find doors anywhere so i'm going to leave them on there...... =S

if anybody has parts to sell, it's much appreciated.... thx...

soreballz
02-17-2008, 05:10 AM
Like we said... don't even bother replacing the parts you removed. Fuck 'em.

240cracker
02-17-2008, 02:40 PM
id just let em take my car and take all the goodies with me...

thats me though.

if u keep it what r u gunna do? part out or fix dmg done?

hijack3d
02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
I do have OEM calipers from my S14 that I just swapped out to 300zx. Come pick them up, PM me, 'coz I was just going to throw them away...

If you want, I also have OEM S14 seats and an exhaust w/ a factory cat but aftermarket muffler, but those aren't free but you can PM me for a good price :) They're yours, and you have first dibs...I wasn't planning on selling them, but if you need them for your car, I don't mind taking a hit.

I thought they're not allowed to total your car without letting you buy it back... That sounds like pretty shady business to me. And the cost for repairing the damage (just a broken window and messed up ignition?) doesn't sound like it'd warrant totalling the car... Maybe get other estimates on fixing it?

Mr. Samurai
02-19-2008, 10:09 PM
id just let em take my car and take all the goodies with me...

thats me though.

if u keep it what r u gunna do? part out or fix dmg done?

That's just the thing I CAN'T keep it, insurance isn't giving me the buy back option so they're towing it.... i've already replaced the exhaust, rear bumper, trunk, but i'm still looking for the seats, front end, and brakes...

Mr. Samurai
02-19-2008, 10:16 PM
hijack3d sent you a pm on the brakes! dont chuck them!!! please!!!

KA-T_240
02-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Take the parts. Screw the insrance company what can they really do. If you cant find part, bolt pieces of metal on to it or something. Go find a new company and ask the quesitons up front.

karmakaze
02-21-2008, 12:46 PM
don't waste your time or money putting oem parts back on it.

the insurance company said it themselves, the after market parts add no value.
i say screw them.

blueshark123
02-23-2008, 01:31 PM
dude u should have never fuckin reported to the insurance that ur car was was broken into i would go crazy if they try to pull some shit like that on me i will let them keep the shell. I would keep all other parts. If u like ill buy the seibon doors from u. fuck them and dont replace shit

articdragon192
02-23-2008, 08:35 PM
hijack3d sent you a pm on the brakes! dont chuck them!!! please!!!

Stop. Just stop. There's no need to replace all that. Just take everything off and save yourself the effort. What're they gonna do, not take it if it's missing stuff?

ayuaddict
02-23-2008, 08:42 PM
fuck it, strip that bitch down.

pull everything.

fuck them harder, and make a bit of profit.

thats some good bullshit.

hondas_suck
02-25-2008, 02:43 PM
If you dont mind me askin, what insurance company is this?

Mr. Samurai
02-29-2008, 01:52 AM
If you dont mind me askin, what insurance company is this?

farmers....

btw car got towed already, I haven't been online cause I've been really out of it lately... only thing i got to replace was the trunk and the exhaust... insurance took everything even the parts i took off, (they went through my garage shelves and took em) if anyone cares....

blueshark123
02-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Damn man thats some major bullshit i would have told them to get the fuck out my garage i would have also just parked the car at my friends house and reported it stolen cause they wanted to be fuckin assholes. Sorry to hear tough hope everything turns to the best for you.

vodka2
02-29-2008, 11:33 AM
LOl... thats funny.. id report it stolen .. fuck the insurance company.

DreamN
02-29-2008, 11:39 AM
farmers....

btw car got towed already, I haven't been online cause I've been really out of it lately... only thing i got to replace was the trunk and the exhaust... insurance took everything even the parts i took off, (they went through my garage shelves and took em) if anyone cares....

damn they actually went into your garage? wtf?

EDacIouSX
02-29-2008, 11:49 AM
sorry man but i have to say, you are pretty god damn stupid. you let your insurrance company take your car? Jesus you are so stupid.................

WHY DID YOU NOT JUST RETRACT YOR CLAIM??? seriously WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

god people these days i swear. if they said you can't retract your claim then drop them as an insurrance immediately. just raise hell it was YOUR car not the insurrance's Car...

and you won't even tell us your insurrance company or if it was a s13/14

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/fail-58619.jpg

articdragon192
02-29-2008, 01:25 PM
farmers....

Seriously, you just got owned by insurance because you were a push over. You never should have let them enter your garage and take your personal belongings. ::sigh:: Sorry to kick you while you're down, but you just let the people who are supposed to help you in a tough situation just fuck you over even more. I dunno if to be upset at the company or at you for letting them walk over you.

ESmorz
02-29-2008, 01:33 PM
For some reason I don't think the whole truth is being told here.

If it is... well you kinda deserve it, if someone tried to go into my garage without a warrant they would have been greeted by Mr. Bat

Seriously, wtf were you thinking?

Mr. Samurai
03-02-2008, 10:11 PM
sorry man but i have to say, you are pretty god damn stupid. you let your insurrance company take your car? Jesus you are so stupid.................

WHY DID YOU NOT JUST RETRACT YOR CLAIM??? seriously WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

god people these days i swear. if they said you can't retract your claim then drop them as an insurrance immediately. just raise hell it was YOUR car not the insurrance's Car...

and you won't even tell us your insurrance company or if it was a s13/14

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/fail-58619.jpg

I wasn't home, my roommate let them into the garage while i was at work. You some people just aren't at all hours of the day. I would NEVER let anyone into my garage without me being in it, i didn't include this part so please forgive....

I already stated what company i was with and what car i had PLUS parts. I've said it time and time again it, its FARMERS as in FARMERS INSURANCE COMPANY! FARMERS! seriously if you're going to flame me at least read the posts before jumping to conclusions because if you did you'd know what company it was and what car i had and the parts as well!

just for you again its

INSURANCE ----> FARMERS!
CAR ---> it's an S14 1995 nissan 240sx,

THE CAR WAS AN S14, yes an s1!4 insurance was FARMERS INSURANCE, if you want the parts look back on the first page, but the car was an S14 and my insurance was FARMERS.

I was in the process of retracting my claim, but they use an independent company to tow it, and just for kicks they still towed the $hit while i was in the middle of retracting my claim (car isn't in my possession but I'm Hoping to get it towed back to my house soon). I hope if you do keep flaming me at least make sure i haven't already posted the info already. Obviously my stupidity doesn't compare to you English reading comprehension. btw the insurance is FARMERS and the car is an S14.....

I'll keep posting on the progress on my claim if anyone still cares....

DreamN
03-02-2008, 11:02 PM
hoping the best for you. i could only imagine how pissed you must be.

articdragon192
03-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I wasn't home, my roommate let them into the garage while i was at work. You some people just aren't at all hours of the day. I would NEVER let anyone into my garage without me being in it, i didn't include this part so please forgive....

I already stated what company i was with and what car i had PLUS parts. I've said it time and time again it, its FARMERS as in FARMERS INSURANCE COMPANY! FARMERS! seriously if you're going to flame me at least read the posts before jumping to conclusions because if you did you'd know what company it was and what car i had and the parts as well!

just for you again its

INSURANCE ----> FARMERS!
CAR ---> it's an S14 1995 nissan 240sx,

THE CAR WAS AN S14, yes an s1!4 insurance was FARMERS INSURANCE, if you want the parts look back on the first page, but the car was an S14 and my insurance was FARMERS.

I was in the process of retracting my claim, but they use an independent company to tow it, and just for kicks they still towed the while i was in the middle of retracting my claim (car isn't in my possession but I'm Hoping to get it towed back to my house soon). I hope if you do keep flaming me at least make sure i haven't already posted the info already. Obviously my stupidity doesn't compare to you English reading comprehension. btw the insurance is FARMERS and the car is an S14.....

I'll keep posting on the progress on my claim if anyone still cares....

Nice clarification. Don't mind Drew, he's an idiot, lol. Anyways, I'd punch your roommate in the face, lol. I hope you the best with your claim.

carbonx240
03-04-2008, 12:32 AM
i know everyone understand your situation.i hope you do no get -rep.i am not a vengeful person, but for sure i would kick out of the (apt?)my roommate. unless you get everything back.your are mad 4 sure.i would get mad if everyone called me stupid, or i would be more angry if all these insurance hoax me. just relax a little bit you will see that no one is trying to be disrespectful.this what i call teamwork. everyone including myself worried.maybe no more than you, but at leat enough to get pissed.take any insult as a mortificacion....;p)btw if he is a friend then don't kick hes ass out.