PDA

View Full Version : Intelligent ricers

KrazyZenki
02-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I dont know if this has happened to any of you. But me and my buddies are pretty knowledgeable about cars but sometimes in the midst of conversation we'll slip up and say something stupid in reference to car. I have a few examples and if you have had any of these please share.

We were checking out a 96 Cobra, and me and my buddy were both under the impression all cobras were supercharged. So when we popped the hood we didnt see it, we saw the big snake on the intake manifold but saw no pulley, so trying to locate the supercharger i told my buddy to look at the belt diagram as it would have to be there, he saw "alt" and said here it is "auxillary...lateral..turbo". Which i quickly responded " yeah or possibly ALTERNATOR" it was priceless.

me and 2 of my buddies were changing my oil and i was saying I wish there was an easy way to drain the oil lines going to the turbo, to which one of them replied "just spin the compressor wheel by hand" i guess he thought the turbo doubled as an oil pump. He's not that bright so i wasnt suprised.

And today i was telling my buddy(same one who said the auxillary lateral turbo) that i was getting a aem tru boost controller and going to be selling the GM boost solenoid I currently have and he asked if it was a 3bar or 3.5bar. LOL

Phlip
02-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Off topic?
Sure, I will put it there.

Pank
02-13-2008, 05:24 PM
an intelligent ricer is one that leaves his civic stock

ByeByeSti
02-13-2008, 05:32 PM
an intelligent ricer is one that leaves his civic stock

haha truth +1 for you.

i was chillin at a local car shop place, todds touch automotive. all really good guys.well this meat head came in with his little cavalier and kept trying to tell us that he was running 12's with it, and all he had was that little shit box 2.2 ecotech or w/e. with a short ram intake haha. and that he was going to turbo it within the next month and would race anyone in the spring, including todd(840hp trans am)

ThatGuy
02-13-2008, 05:43 PM
"Intelligent Ricer" is an Oxymoron.

You're either intelligent, or you're a ricer. Slipping up every now and then doesn't make you a Ricer, or even unintelligent. It just means you're afraid to lose face by taking a minute to think, so you just blurt out whatever pops up first. It's called Verbal Diarrhea. A good rule of thumb: "Ensure brain is in gear before engaging mouth." :keke:

"auxillary...lateral..turbo"? :rofl: :rofl:
That took some serious effort to sound retarded.

ATLspeed
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM
when i first got my 240 i always wondered how the ebrake worked on a rear-wheel drive car, i figured FF-ebrake locks up the rear, FR-ebrake locks up the rear! so when i jacked up the front of the car to change my brake pads i forgot to loosen the lug nuts so i PULLED THE EBRAKE TO LOCK UP THE FRONT lol!!!

CrimsonRockett
02-13-2008, 06:02 PM
I have to deal with Ricers on a daily basis because of the area I work in.

Today, some idiot in a 91-94 Sentra kept revving at me, sped up, and started to swerve through traffic.

I wish that fuck face would die for being such a worthless, pathetic, piece of shit, scum of the earth ricer/faggot ass street racer.

Take it to the track, retards.

Sigh.

ByeByeSti
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
okay so thank you to who ever neg repped me for saying that, now go fuck yourself. off topic so if this thread meant something then you could neg rep me....

stinky_180
02-13-2008, 06:57 PM
i have yet to meet an intelligent ricer, but i've seen some dumb ass ricers for sures. like putting powered by honda on a nissan or some stupid shit like. or having all kinds of stickers on their stock car. i deal with ricers whenever i take out the 240 (once a week). recently, i had a g35 rev at me on the freeway. i was just cruising at 65mph and he went behind me and started to tail gate me. just for shits and giggles i pushed the brake very lightly so my lights would go on, the fool swerved and almost hit the car next to him. then oviously, he passed me at 100mph soon after. mind you, my car is completely close to stock.

LongGrain
02-13-2008, 07:03 PM

You're either intelligent, or you're a ricer. Slipping up every now and then doesn't make you a Ricer, or even unintelligent. It just means you're afraid to lose face by taking a minute to think, so you just blurt out whatever pops up first. It's called Verbal Diarrhea. A good rule of thumb: "Ensure brain is in gear before engaging mouth." :keke:

i dont want to start a fight or anything, but just because someone might like a different style of modifying than you (something you would call rice) doesnt mean they are unintelligent.

unless said person drives like a retard on public roads.

blu808
02-13-2008, 07:14 PM
I dont even know what to say about this topic, or your friends logic, or well any of this. It is giving me a headache. haha.

ThatGuy
02-13-2008, 07:17 PM
You're right. You don't want to start a fight with me.

I made a post in jest. That means it was meant to be taken as a joke. If you chose to take offense to that because you have poor taste in how to modify a vehicle, then that is your problem, not mine.

I honestly don't give a damn how you, or anyone else modifies their vehicle. It belongs to them, so it's their choice. However, if your vehicle looks like complete ass, and you get butt-hurt when people tell you so, perhaps you need look deep inside yourself. Look deep, and tell that "inner-ricer" we all posses to STFU so you can make better choices. Just feed him a sticker every now and then to keep him happy. :rofl:

My car looks like crap to many people. That's fine by me. Nothing you say is going to change my mind about my car. :D

yokotas13
02-13-2008, 07:25 PM

for some reason i feel this post is directed at me

Pank
02-13-2008, 07:26 PM
i dont want to start a fight or anything, but just because someone might like a different style of modifying than you (something you would call rice) doesnt mean they are unintelligent.

thanks to the 1st amendment however, i can call them whatever i want and you cant do anything about it!

All ricers are named after States!
All ricers can breathe underwater!
All ricers are allergic to cinnamon!
All ricers are half robot!
All ricers have 17 grandmothers!
All ricers are legally unable to own a pet dog!
All ricers are huge fans of breakfast food!

ATLspeed
02-13-2008, 07:29 PM
...Look deep, and tell that "inner-ricer" we all posses to STFU...

LOL:bowrofl:

lflkajfj12123
02-13-2008, 08:47 PM
being a ricer is cool again

better hop the bandwagon before you're just a fanboy

90hatchie
02-13-2008, 09:42 PM
friend wants to turbo his z and he said he wants to get good mialage too
told me hes gonna go with 50cc less injectors so i slapped him

fc3s kit
02-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Well, I think I saw an intelligent ricer once. I was working a Shakespeare show and one of our crew drove a Civic. Put in underglow without having so much as an intake. That's his ricer side. But he was intelligent enough to know that his doesn't go anywhere. The sticker on his rear window says, "0 to 60 in 15 minutes."

HyperTek
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
have these type of momements every now and then.. i tend to forget em since they dont have much memorable experience from em.

opponheimer
02-13-2008, 10:08 PM
ThatGuy is correct...

I think pretty much everyone I know of [where I'm from] choose to be a ricer rather than intelligent (with the exception of a select few, including those on this forum).

PF ALL DAY
02-14-2008, 01:18 AM
i prefer my rice fried, thank you very much!

kouki_s14
02-14-2008, 01:58 AM
So how does your friend stare right at an alternator and not know it's an alternator, when supposedly he is knowledgeable about cars? Then not only does he not know it's an alternator, but he goes on to believe it's a supercharger? Alternators are pretty dam easy to identify....

lol I just found that funny, sorry.

and LOL at 3.0 or 3.5bar. Your friend reminds me of this http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=172182

KrazyZenki
02-14-2008, 08:15 PM
So how does your friend stare right at an alternator and not know it's an alternator, when supposedly he is knowledgeable about cars? Then not only does he not know it's an alternator, but he goes on to believe it's a supercharger? Alternators are pretty dam easy to identify....

lol I just found that funny, sorry.

and LOL at 3.0 or 3.5bar. Your friend reminds me of this http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=172182

He was looking at the belt diagram sticker and was just going of the initial alt. He has a bad case of verbal diarheaa. Not just when it comes to cars but talking in general.

blasting_speed
02-18-2008, 10:17 PM
So, before i had my S14 i had a Mitsubishi 3000GT. The car looks sharp so i got all kinds of attention for it. One night i went to an In & Out, and i had some dude ask me if it was a 10second car.

So i responded '' No its a Mitsubishi (i thought he had said Mustang)'', then he says '' Can it do the 1/4 mile in 10secs.(revs his engine hard)???'' I'm like ''IDK, i've never tried, i think it can''. He says '' don't try any funny business here buddy, this is TRD town ''. Being as cool as he was he burned out and flipped me the bird. :madfawk:

Did i have a ricer moment or...???

The dude was driving a Toyota Tercel like this:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/blasting_speed/pic_toyota_tercel_2673.jpg

Only it was highlighter green and had a black hood (not CF). With a loud exhaust not after market. With HKS and TRD decals all over.

Pank
02-19-2008, 12:48 AM
this is TRD town? does that guy live in a video game?

flip3d
02-19-2008, 09:17 AM
thanks to the 1st amendment however, i can call them whatever i want and you cant do anything about it!

All ricers are named after States!
All ricers can breathe underwater!
All ricers are allergic to cinnamon!
All ricers are half robot!
All ricers have 17 grandmothers!
All ricers are legally unable to own a pet dog!
All ricers are huge fans of breakfast food!

LOL! I knew this kid in high school who called himself Texas. He had all these NOS and APR stickers all over his beat up civic. He kept going around saying that he got his motor built by VTEC and that he had his turbo manifold hooked up but the turbo was out getting rebuilt.

Idiots like that should be lined up and shot in the face.

exitspeed
02-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Intelligent ricer is an oxymoron.

The reason "ricers" cars look like shit is because they are uneducated on good parts, and proper ways of tuning a car.

This reminds me something I saw yesterday that I completely forgot about until just now.

I seen a Cavalier with a LEXUS emblem on the hood where the Chevy sign should be. Fucking terrible.

Moncef
02-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah, it seems to me that you can't be an intelligent ricers.

All the ricers I go to school with are stupid in every aspect of life. Like one dude I know who drives an SN95 Mustang with piss-yellow paint, knockoff Saleen front bumper that drooped in the middle, fake Saleen wheels, a wing big enough to require him to contact air traffic control before he can leave his driveway, eurotails, painted interior and assorted stripes/graphics.

My buddy's stock BMW 328i GTeched 0.3 seconds faster than this POS did. Yet, he'll make fun of anyone who drives an import car, instantly labeling them as a ricer. I have a stock Honda Accord, which automatically means I'm rice. I've called him on his shitty body mods all the time and all you get is "I bought it like that".

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5128/n1178730439304277714546kz9.jpg

And there are many other examples, automatic DSMs with no mufflers, bastardized BMWs with fart pipes, Geos with "GTR" emblems, the list goes on.

[/rant]

Moncef

EDIT: Speaking of ricers, this could be a repost, but

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1c72e471-c49a-4421-8909-68d5c9bb11a9.htm

LOL

Moncef

Tops*
02-19-2008, 11:06 AM
This guy knows his shit! Rotary with pistons.
http://thumbs.streetfire.net/53f034d3-4762-4977-924a-c5ce38c2d1d7.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/53f034d3-4762-4977-924a-c5ce38c2d1d7.htm)dude with his "special edition" mustang (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/53f034d3-4762-4977-924a-c5ce38c2d1d7.htm)

jackjack
02-19-2008, 12:21 PM
The dude was driving a Toyota Tercel like this:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/blasting_speed/pic_toyota_tercel_2673.jpg

that was my first car :rofl:

good times.

blasting_speed
02-19-2008, 03:46 PM
this is TRD town? does that guy live in a video game?

AHAHAHAH IDK, but i felt violated after he left. Like if my will was raped.:-/